Worst Alliance Ever

Chickenzilla

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='supercoolyellow' timestamp='1282929240' post='2432900']
I would bet a lot of people who would post in a more intelligent style do get wary of the less mature posters and stay away from the OWF.
[/quote]
That's true, but it isn't what Lenny argued. His statement was that disrespect drove people away. There's a distinct line between disrespect and immaturity.

[quote name='Ardus' timestamp='1282929483' post='2432903']
That's true, but it isn't what Lenny argued. His statement was that disrespect drove people away. There's a distinct line between disrespect and immaturity.
[/quote]

I can see where you are going with that, but I would challenge the idea that many times direspect isn't also immaturity. IRL or IC, and especially on the OWF, what is disrespect is many times also immature.

[quote name='supercoolyellow' timestamp='1282929936' post='2432909']
I can see where you are going with that, but I would challenge the idea that many times direspect isn't also immaturity. IRL or IC, and especially on the OWF, what is disrespect is many times also immature.
[/quote]
Can't dispute that. I merely contest the broad identification of disrespect as immature. I wouldn't dare argue the converse. ;)

[quote name='Anu Drake' timestamp='1282871243' post='2432221']
Are you kidding me? First of all, MK has consistently showed that they have immense stones, anyone that has fought them is well aware of this fact. Whatever position you are coming from in this, it is ridiculous. If I cared enough anymore to actually care about any of this I'd have to agree with the voting so far based on that post alone, regardless of all the wonderful things said about me and NATO in the past (I'll still always love you Chickenzilla).

My apologies to Archon for zenergy's comments.
[/quote]

Looks like somebody's afraid we take the suggestion that we roll the WAE seriously. Don't worry, Archon won't let us do anything anywhere near that fun.

[quote name='Seerow' timestamp='1282931213' post='2432923']
Looks like somebody's afraid we take the suggestion that we roll the WAE seriously. Don't worry, Archon won't let us do anything anywhere near that fun.
[/quote]

Considering the only thing the One True Drake cares about at this point is his casualty count, um. No. Incorrect to the greatest degree.

But go ahead and think that, you'll be wrong, but that hasn't stopped people here before, and won't stop them in the future.

[quote name='supercoolyellow' timestamp='1282928840' post='2432895']
So if some one disagrees with you, [color="#00FF00"]you insult them,[/color] you label it as bawwing [color="#00FF00"]when they have a problem with it[/color], and then try to get them to leave?
[/quote]

I have no idea what you're talking about and where you get the idea I ever said that (or have done what you say for that matter). However, I am merely trying to say that during any debate you may occasionally be insulted and shown disrespect. If you can't handle that and are going to quit over it then good riddance.

Edited by Mr Damsky

[quote name='zenergy' timestamp='1282858312' post='2432046']
If MK had any stones to back up all their talk they'd immediately declare on the contest winner. Anything else is just hot air.
[/quote]
xfd epic sarcasm here, almost fell for it well done sir

[quote name='Mr Damsky' timestamp='1282932629' post='2432946']
I have no idea what you're talking about and where you get the idea I ever said that (or have done what you say for that matter). However, I am merely trying to say that during any debate you may occasionally be insulted and shown disrespect.
[/quote]

Let me walk you through what you said. What you previously said does not add up to "Let me walk you through what you said." It adds up, to I'm going to insult you, and if you are bothered by it, I think you should stop arguing with you.

First you said...

[quote name='Mr Damsky' timestamp='1282923362' post='2432825']
If you can't handle the heat get out of the kitchen.
[/quote]

and then you said

[quote name='Mr Damsky' timestamp='1282928384' post='2432887']
Yes because that is totally what I said. Totally.

Basically what I said is that if you don't have a thick enough skin to take a few insults here and there don't bother trying to argue your point. Because you just won't be able to handle it. If you can't take it don't dish it.
[/quote]

Now I'm going to break down the grammar of this statement for you. So there can be no question about what you have said. This is an if-then statement. As always in an if-then statement the first part, the if part, is the qualifier. If, the if statement is true then, the then statement is also true. Your if statement in the cliche you posted is "If you can't stand the heat." Now you have already defined heat, as "occasionally be insulted and shown disrespect." Not "taking" this heat, would in this instance is what you elaborated as "if you don't have thick enough skin" to take your "few insults here and there".

Your then statement to do if you can't take the heat, is to "get out of the kitchen." Now this phrase is in the imperative tense. There is an implied you at the beginning of this phrase that is typical for the imperative in the English language. Now the kitchen in this case is either this thread, or it is in general arguing with you Mr Damksy. Either way, you are commanding some one to stop, if they don't like your insults. Your command really does amount to, if you don't like my insults, then stop posting in this thread and/or arguing with me.

Now with an if-then statement the converse is not true, but the inverse is. So if you believe your if-then statement which amounts to, if you don't like my insults, stop posting, then the inverse, I will insult you, if you continue to argue with me is also true. This puts your argument, in this thread, in a very, poor light, and makes yourself a prime example of what much of the posting in the OWF is so very poor. I can't blame you for trying deny your first post in this series of posts, with your last post by trying to redefine what you said just a few minutes before.

[quote name='Chickenzilla' timestamp='1282938387' post='2433030']
I'm going to ignore what you posted after the "I'm gonna break this down, and now wish MCXA had made it further in WAE just because of you. NATO still sucks more though tbqh
[/quote]

Why would my post, make you wish MCXA had gone further in WAE?

[quote name='supercoolyellow' timestamp='1282938154' post='2433027']
:words:
[/quote]

Because I apparently need to explain clearly to the retards out there what I meant by my statement I will.

What I meant my statement to say is the following: If it's going to completely devastate you to be insulted then don't bother arguing with people. It's really quite simple. There's a difference between not liking insults (I mean who the $%&@ likes to be insulted) and being able to handle insults.

I'm not commanding anyone to do anything. I'm asking people to grow some balls.

[quote name='Mr Damsky' timestamp='1282939135' post='2433040']
Because I apparently need to explain clearly to the retards out there what I meant by my statement I will.

What I meant my statement to say is the following: If it's going to completely devastate you to be insulted then don't bother arguing with people. It's really quite simple. There's a difference between not liking insults (I mean who the $%&@ likes to be insulted) and being able to handle insults.

I'm not commanding anyone to do anything. I'm asking people to grow some balls.
[/quote]

[url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=91112&view=findpost&p=2432825"]So you didn't post this?[/url]

[quote name='supercoolyellow' timestamp='1282941086' post='2433061']
Would you care to explain how?
[/quote]

As an uninvolved party I find it particularly amusing to see you misuse a comma after making a post about grammar.

[quote name='quigon jinn' timestamp='1282941352' post='2433066']
As an uninvolved party I find it particularly amusing to see you misuse a comma after making a post about grammar.
[/quote]

I didn't critique him for his grammar though. I used grammar to clearly show the meaning of what he said. I would never do the whole grammar Nazi routine.