CN World Map - The Bigger the better

The Bringer

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Lord Gobb' timestamp='1281546572' post='2411226']
Ok, but like Letum said, since CN has 463,538,821 Total Nation Strength, this map covers all of CN's NS over four times. That does makes the map ridiculously huge.
75% of this map's provinces will be no man's land and that honestly won't look good at all. Halving the NS per province would be a good start, but imo about 60k/province would be the best.
[/quote]

But if the map was to be filled how would new Alliances be represented fairly on here without having to take down another Alliance? If people have problem with the size of the map, I seriously do not really care, I'm not doing this for you or anyone here. This map looks towards the future and how new nations, new alliances emerge and claim their stake in this hostile world.

[quote name='Sunstar' timestamp='1281530309' post='2411054']
As much as I think these CN world map threads are stupid for using a real world map for a fictitious planet, it would be slightly less annoying if the ODN's name was spelled correctly.
[/quote]

Well the fact that One puts its nation Capital on this real world map ingame, and that we are given a choice of real world nation flags to use instead of more creative ones (not including the custom flags) seems to be why that we use a real world map here. If you believe there should be a new map for the world of Planet Bob talk to the Admin and give him a few 'suggestions' on how to construct a map for this 'fictitious planet'

I am sorry I was not born in American and learned how to spell the English Language "Correctly" I shall change to "American English" in next update =/ but funnily enough that was copied from a ODN members profile so even they do not agree with this way of spelling your Alliances Name.

[quote name='The Bringer' timestamp='1281551335' post='2411356']
But if the map was to be filled how would new Alliances be represented fairly on here without having to take down another Alliance? If people have problem with the size of the map, I seriously do not really care, I'm not doing this for you or anyone here. This map looks towards the future and how new nations, new alliances emerge and claim their stake in this hostile world.
[/quote]
I don't see CN getting anywhere near 2 billion NS ever. It would require years of uninterrupted growth from all alliances for us to even dream of such thing. Even reaching 1 billion NS in within a reasonable time (say, a few years) is highly unlikely considering we have immensely destructive wars every year, and after 4.5 years CN still hasn't gotten even close to breaking said milestone.
I understand the need of space, but having 75% of the map reserved for future alliances is just a humongous overkill. Not even a third of that reserve will ever be used, if the game progresses as it has for the past 4.5 years.

Don't get me wrong, this is a fun little thing and I appreciate you doing this. Having 75% of the provinces without an owner is just silly to me, and it will make this map look just as silly.

Edited by Lord Gobb

[quote name='Lord Gobb' timestamp='1281553302' post='2411403']
I don't see CN getting anywhere near 2 billion NS ever. It would require years of uninterrupted growth from all alliances for us to even dream of such thing. Even reaching 1 billion NS in within a reasonable time (say, a few years) is highly unlikely considering we have immensely destructive wars every year, and after 4.5 years CN still hasn't gotten even close to breaking said milestone.
I understand the need of space, but having 75% of the map reserved for future alliances is just a humongous overkill. Not even a third of that reserve will ever be used, if the game progresses as it has for the past 4.5 years.

Don't get me wrong, this is a fun little thing and I appreciate you doing this. Having 75% of the provinces without an owner is just silly to me, and it will make this map look just as silly.
[/quote]
Gobb is very wise, and I for one agree with him. I like the ambition that CN will grow, but its kinda naive. Anyway keep up the good work.

Provinces at 200,000 a piece.
1,142,762 NS / 200000 ~ 5.6 Provinces.

so if we get 5, please give us baja california.

[img]http://img826.imageshack.us/img826/2063/menotahinbaja.png[/img]

If you want to round up and give us 6, give us the extra province above our area. :)

[quote name='PearChris' timestamp='1281579965' post='2412004']
Whats a compass rose?
[/quote]
The bit on a map that points out which way north really is. Apparently the Random Insanity Alliance is magnetic.

By the way, Phoenix Rising gets 13 spaces. We'd like a group in Egypt, please. Preferably including Cairo, and either along the coast or down the Nile. Home is where the heart is, although I'm keeping my individual nation in the North Atlantic.

And has anyone tried claiming the Palestine area, or Kashmir?

Edited by Qaianna

[quote name='Lord Gobb' timestamp='1281553302' post='2411403']

[/quote]

Okay you got me then,

I will change the guidelines for this one and make it 100K per province, thats 1 Billion NS which can be made available so still means there is room for new people to emerge, but the Entire world does not have to be fulled even on this place I heard of called earth every square centimeter is not full of people. There is room for people to breathe and so Alliances do not remain landlocked and surrounded by other alliances without ability to expand without extreme prejudice. Not saying I do not want that to happen....

A big update to the map will come,

Edited by The Bringer

[quote name='Qaianna' timestamp='1281588337' post='2412264']
The bit on a map that points out which way north really is. Apparently the Random Insanity Alliance is magnetic.

[/quote]

I thought as much, its just he said have it point at RIA which confused me. Thank you for the clarity.

Super Updated,

New Changes,

Provinces are now 100K per Alliance NS to better fill up the map but still mean there is room for new Alliances to join in.

For note the World was divided up Economically, and it is to why there are Bigger provinces for Russia, Canada, Greenland, and Africa, the economic worth of those lands is not as much and is why they were the larger size they were.

BAPS assigned 18 Provinces.
RIA assigned 51 Provinces
Avalon assigned 6 Provinces
Umbrella assigned 58 Provinces
The Lost World assigned 10 provinces
=LOST= assigned 19 Provinces
NPO, To Be determined.
AcTi assigned 15 provinces
Asgaard assigned 33 Provinces
NATO, assigned 38 provinces
Sparta assigned 102 provinces
STA assigned 39 provinces
OO Assigned 4 provinces
Tetris assigned 4 provinces
BlackStone Commission assigned 2 provinces
Athens assigned 47 provinces
TOOL assigned 53 provinces
GC assigned 11 provinces
Nemesis assigned 9 provinces
GATO assigned 60 provinces
ODN assigned 85 provinces, fixed Alliance to "American Spelling"
GOONS assigned 39 provinces
UINE assinged 18 provinces
FoB assigned 11 provinces
Invicta assigned 24 provinces
Créole assigned 16 provinces
CoJ assigned 8 provinces
OMFG assigned 13 provinces
FAN assigned 48 provinces
Krynn assigned 4 provinces
NpO assigned 112 provinces
Nueva Vida assigned 56 provinces
ERE assigned 1 province (unchanged)
TNG assigned 4 provinces
SOS assigned 13 provinces
MA assigned 22 provinces
The Legion assigned 86 provinces
Nordreich assigned 47 provinces
MHA assigned 146 (no fun) MHA has invaded France (because not enough room in GB)
TPF assigned 31 provinces
FnKa assigned 11 provinces
BTA assigned 3 provinces
TPE assigned 12 provinces (reassigned due to that section being taken up, message if you would want your position changed)
FOK assigned 70 provinces
Quantum assigned 7 provinces (reassigned due to that section being taken up, message if you would want your postion changed)
\m/ assigned 20 provinces
NNK assigned 3 provinces
TENE assigned 5 provinces
Menotah assigned 12 provinces
Phoenix Rising assigned 26 provinces
Shin-Ra assigned 2 provinces

http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/1008/version1q.png

Edited by The Bringer

[quote name='Lord Razzia' timestamp='1281602481' post='2412525']
not bad not bad. I can dig it. :)
Lol stupid islands making us look smaller.
[/quote]

I didn't hear anything saying you didn't want them, they are part of the landscape so i just went with them,

always possible I can change it though :smug:

iFOK is joining in on this.

We're going to slowly take over Australia.

With our current NS we have 34 slots. Plus our free. :D
At 100k a pop anyway.

[img]http://i35.tinypic.com/iw6hx1.png[/img]

Colour code: #8866cc

Edited by Jay Dubeu

[quote name='ratonbox' timestamp='1281609106' post='2412566']
Hmm.. you didn't update the provinces for NoR.
[/quote]

All these Alliances who decided to choose black for their Alliance colour made it hard for me to keep track of how many provinces you had because the black would blend into the lines of the provinces. Germany shall be cleared and NoR will be reapplied in next update today.