The Abyss response to a DOW

ReadyFireAIm

[quote name='ReadyFireAIm' date='14 July 2010 - 12:43 AM' timestamp='1279064597' post='2369809']
Look, you may think this war is not about revenge for last round. But Bacon has made it very clear he equates CDT to Abyss, and sees this as revenge for last round.

Your alliance members may have been civil throughout last round during the war. But your current leader definitely had the CDT-LE war in mind when he planned this one.

I've been playing this game for a long time, and I was around when LE was still a very small alliance, and when Genesis merged with LE to create a very strong, active, and powerful alliance. Things have not been good the past few rounds. Yet, people still admired LE for defying all odds and going after alliances much larger than them (OP vs LE 3 rounds ago, TPC vs LE 2 rounds ago). Lately, you guys have sought curbstomps. You would rather preserve victory rather than challenge yourselves. How things have changed.
[/quote]

Dude, seriously let it go. No one cares, your whining will not make everyone bow down before you or want to be your friend. Yeah your alliance got attacked. It happens. It is your fault you guys are getting beat down. If you are weak in TE the effect is magnified because there is no aid to make up for your mistake. Whatever the motives for the war it is happening and you calling out the motives won't change a thing. So please just stop.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='commander thrawn' date='13 July 2010 - 08:59 PM' timestamp='1279072774' post='2369995']
Dude, seriously let it go. No one cares, your whining will not make everyone bow down before you or want to be your friend. Yeah your alliance got attacked. It happens. It is your fault you guys are getting beat down. If you are weak in TE the effect is magnified because there is no aid to make up for your mistake. Whatever the motives for the war it is happening and you calling out the motives won't change a thing. So please just stop.
[/quote]
I just have a request out of curiosity...

Can you stop quad-teaming now?

:wub: The Abyss

Edited by Dexomega

[quote name='commander thrawn' date='13 July 2010 - 08:59 PM' timestamp='1279072774' post='2369995']
[/quote]

Haha, we were weak? That is why you needed two alliances, both with a combined higher strength and nuke count, to take us on? Good luck getting a flag this round :smug:

[quote name='ReadyFireAIm' date='14 July 2010 - 05:28 AM' timestamp='1279081708' post='2370333']
Haha, we were weak? That is why you needed two alliances, both with a combined higher strength and nuke count, to take us on? Good luck getting a flag this round :smug:
[/quote]

This is the nonsense I am going on about. You are whining cause we used tactics.

[quote name='commander thrawn' date='14 July 2010 - 12:58 AM' timestamp='1279087094' post='2370578']
This is the nonsense I am going on about. You are whining cause we used tactics.
[/quote]
Just a note,

Your tactics resulted in about 40% of your ground attacks against me in failure. :v:

(I also gained money from your attacks in the long run)

[quote name='Dexomega' date='14 July 2010 - 07:46 AM' timestamp='1279089988' post='2370637']
Just a note,

Your tactics resulted in about 40% of your ground attacks against me in failure. :v:

[/quote]

And 58 of your members in Anarchy.

[quote name='commander thrawn' date='14 July 2010 - 12:58 AM' timestamp='1279087094' post='2370578']
[/quote]

Go back to playing SE if you think 4 alliances vs 1 is a good tactic (Le, LE cadet, Nordic Ballers, Betamax). Around here it's called cowardly. Enjoy the nuke :)

Edited by ReadyFireAIm

[quote name='Dexomega' date='14 July 2010 - 07:46 AM' timestamp='1279089988' post='2370637']
Just a note,

[/quote]

...and your tactics, have resulted in 98% bawing. Put down the microphones, and pick up a gun.

Salute!

With an avatar like that, Ferrie is clearly the voice of reason :P

Now, all the rest of this aside, are y'all having fun on the battlefields?
'Cause that's where all the realllyyyy fun stuff happens.

Someone please nuke someone and name it after me!

[quote name='Dexomega' date='13 July 2010 - 11:32 PM' timestamp='1279060345' post='2369748']
My stats seem to remember us with almost 10,000 NS less than what you state here. It is also noteworthy that no LE nation was above 3k last I knew. It is ALSO noteworthy that LE had more Anarchy. It is ALSO ALSO noteworthy that most of our anarchies were inactives and people offline at blitz.

Back on topic of THIS round. I still don't get why you people think this is a "fair" fight in any way. Sure, Abyss has some pretty sweet people on our side, but in the end, adding NB and LE's scores at update lands you somewhere around 29 score. Aside from that you are complaining about our so-called "Infrahugging" even though NB has more high-Infra nations than us.

I think someone was drunk when they began this war since this war is based on no actual standing, just a bunch of people zerg rushing a new alliance because it's fun. I'm not saying that's a bad thing. I enjoy war. I'm just saying that your entire war agenda is void. If you want to have war, don't invent reasons.
[/quote]

When you say "us", you cannot be referring to the Abyss as they were not around last round. Are you referring to CDT?
You keep a lot of stats on CDT past wars with LE for an Abyss member that wants no connection with last round activities.

Reason for war is as stated,

Benthic

[quote name='ReadyFireAIm' date='14 July 2010 - 04:35 PM' timestamp='1279121722' post='2371001']
Go back to playing SE if you think 4 alliances vs 1 is a good tactic (Le, LE cadet, Nordic Ballers, Betamax). Around here it's called cowardly. Enjoy the nuke :)
[/quote]

If we count the members up it might look a bit fairer. Cadet only have 6 members, Abyss have 93.
Is it 6 on 93 you are complaining about?
Would it have been better that we merged forces prior to the war (like another alliance did) just so we could fight 1 alliance v 1 alliance.

You seem to be suggesting it would be fair for RE or TPC to attack Trouble just because it's 1 alliance v another.
Why stop there? RE could just attack a one man alliance and that would be ok?

To be honest, I would rather fight in a 50 man alliance war than be a member of a 100 man team spread across 4 alliances, but that's just me I suppose. :)

[quote name='Son of Taeper' date='14 July 2010 - 02:44 PM' timestamp='1279136651' post='2371342']
When you say "us", you cannot be referring to the Abyss as they were not around last round. Are you referring to CDT?
You keep a lot of stats on CDT past wars with LE for an Abyss member that wants no connection with last round activities.

Reason for war is as stated,

Benthic
[/quote]
I have no problem being connected to CDT. The Abyss of course is a separate entity. I love the idea that this war is being started over my former alliance.

[quote name='Clash' date='14 July 2010 - 12:47 PM' timestamp='1279129602' post='2371208']

[/quote]
I'm having tons of fun. I've actually anarchied one and the rest are falling excellently for my trolling.

Edited by Dexomega

[quote name='Clash' date='14 July 2010 - 06:47 PM' timestamp='1279129602' post='2371208']

[/quote]

Lm*o... I only brought this avi back for you, and BEazy(or was it Elbo?). Gonna have to start looking for another one soon. Gonna be tough to find one as equally impressive, yet as equally disturbing, to boot.

Now, on the war subject, I'm having a great time as well. As soon as my targets start fighting back, I'll have a better time.

[B]Less fighting in the forums![/B]

[B]Moar fighting on the Battlefields![/B]

Salute! to all involved. Lets keep this civil, and have some fun.

[quote name='Son of Taeper' date='14 July 2010 - 03:10 PM' timestamp='1279138222' post='2371390']
If we count the members up it might look a bit fairer. Cadet only have 6 members, Abyss have 93.
Is it 6 on 93 you are complaining about?
Would it have been better that we merged forces prior to the war (like another alliance did) just so we could fight 1 alliance v 1 alliance.

You seem to be suggesting it would be fair for RE or TPC to attack Trouble just because it's 1 alliance v another.
Why stop there? RE could just attack a one man alliance and that would be ok?

To be honest, I would rather fight in a 50 man alliance war than be a member of a 100 man team spread across 4 alliances, but that's just me I suppose. :)
[/quote]

You guys claim the numbers were similar at the beginning (even though they weren't) yet you have no trouble with having more nations join you during the war to partake in the curbstomp?

And seriously, you allude to our merger with PU? What does that have to do with anything?!? We are allowed to merge with whoever we want. In fact, the merger was being discussed for the beginning of this round and was delayed for separate reasons.

And the reason I bring up all 4 alliances is because your alliance keeps trying to paint this as some sort of fair war, yet both LE and NB have gotten members from other aa's to help them. Not so much LE (they have gotten a few), but NB are definitely going for the curbstomp by having Betamax nations join them and declare.

This is how you want LE to be known? As an alliance who helps out flag chasers and carries out curbstomps for grudges from previous rounds?

[b][size="5"]YAWN[/size][/b]

[b][size="5"]MOAR FIGHTIN, LESS TALKIN.[/size][/b]

Talking is for Bob, I agree with Ferrie, I want more war from Abyss, more more more. Steve is for fighting, if you want to talk and ramble and whine, go to Bob and do it, otherwise, stop talking and send some GA's.

War out people ;)

[quote name='lonewolfe2015' date='14 July 2010 - 08:27 PM' timestamp='1279160806' post='2372033']
Feel free to PM to talk if you feel you've been mistreated in anyway.
[/quote]

I'm a disgruntled employee of steve. NB put a kick me sign on my back, and LE promptly did so. I want someone to do something about it, while I write angry letters to the CEO of steve.

Dear CEO of Steve,

There is a dark force working to prevent us from recognizing the vast and incomparable achievements, contributions, and discoveries that are the product of our culture. That dark force is Mr. LE and NB. Let me begin by citing a range of examples from the public sphere. For starters, Mr. LE and NB's smarmy surrogates like to shout, "Let's extirpate the very things that I unmistakably cherish. That'll be wonderful. Hooray, hooray!" But that won't be wonderful. Rather, it'll scatter about in profusion an abundance of pro-Mr. LE and NB hijinks.

This raises the question: What is this spiteful fascination Mr. LE and NB has with antidisestablishmentarianism? Well, I asked the question so I should answer it. Let me start by saying that I can say one thing about Mr. LE and NB. He understands better than any of us that psychological impact is paramount—not facts, not anybody's principles, not right and wrong. I'm not suggesting that we behave likewise. I'm suggesting only that if a cogent, logical argument entered Mr. LE and NB's brain, no doubt a concussion would result. I myself don't want to build castles in the air. I don't want to plan things that I can't yet implement. But I do want to make Mr. LE and NB answer for his wrongdoings because doing so clearly demonstrates how what I just wrote is not based on merely a single experience or anecdote. Rather, it is based upon the wisdom of accumulated years, spanning two continents, and proven by the fact that I plan to stick to the facts and offer only those arguments that can be supported by those facts. Are you with me—or against me? Whatever you decide, as soon as Mr. LE and NB found the resources to do so he lost no time in fueling the censorship-and-intolerance crowd. The inevitable followed: Narrow-minded ignoramuses started engulfing the world in a dense miasma of conformism. The scariest part of all of this is that a bunch of discourteous heretics have recently been accused of dumping effluent into creeks, lakes, streams, and rivers. Mr. LE and NB's fingerprints are all over that operation. Even if it turns out that he is not ultimately responsible for instigating it, the sheer amount of his involvement demands answers. For instance, has Mr. LE and NB ever considered what would happen if a small fraction of his time spent trying to slow scientific progress was instead spent on something productive? Any honest person who takes the time to think about that question will be forced to conclude that if Mr. LE and NB wants to mete out harsh and arbitrary punishment against his enemies until they're intimidated into a benumbed, neutralized, impotent, and non-functioning mass, let him wear the opprobrium of that decision.

I myself despise everything about Mr. LE and NB. I despise Mr. LE and NB's attempts to cast the world into nuclear holocaust. I despise how he insists that he's the best thing to come along since the invention of sliced bread. Most of all, I despise his complete obliviousness to the fact that he has become a patsy to his own malevolence. In the presence of high heaven and before the civilized world I therefore assert that his asseverations serve only to make people increasingly intransigent. At some point, we'll reach an "intransigent event horizon" where everything in the universe will be intransigent. At that point, it will no longer matter that Mr. LE and NB has had some success in paralyzing any serious or firm decision and thereby becoming responsible for the weak and half-hearted execution of even the most necessary measures. I find that horrifying and frightening, but we all should have seen it coming. We all knew that if there's one thing that Mr. LE and NB is good at, it's spreading the germs of hatred, of discord and jealously, of dissolution and decomposition. I would like to close by saying that failure to define our terms more clearly will lead to a deluge of complaints by Mr. LE and NB's hangers-on.

/love, The Abyss

[quote name='ReadyFireAIm' date='14 July 2010 - 05:15 PM' timestamp='1279149333' post='2371750']This is how you want LE to be known? As an alliance who helps out flag chasers...
[/quote]
I'm just gonna point out the true flag chasing alliances avoid war - any and all war - like the plague. They are the ones who get to the end of the round without any casualties whatsoever. Simply by starting a war, NB isn't a flag-chasing alliance. Just my .02.

[quote name='ReadyFireAIm' date='15 July 2010 - 12:15 AM' timestamp='1279149333' post='2371750']
You guys claim the numbers were similar at the beginning (even though they weren't) yet you have no trouble with having more nations join you during the war to partake in the curbstomp?

And seriously, you allude to our merger with PU? What does that have to do with anything?!? We are allowed to merge with whoever we want. In fact, the merger was being discussed for the beginning of this round and was delayed for separate reasons.

And the reason I bring up all 4 alliances is because your alliance keeps trying to paint this as some sort of fair war, yet both LE and NB have gotten members from other aa's to help them. Not so much LE (they have gotten a few), but NB are definitely going for the curbstomp by having Betamax nations join them and declare.

This is how you want LE to be known? As an alliance who helps out flag chasers and carries out curbstomps for grudges from previous rounds?
[/quote]
To the best of my knowledge the combined forces of LE and LE Cadet decreased over the war.
NB lost about 6 and gained 10 if I'm correct.
I can't speak for Betamax as I never logged their numbers.
Stats show Abyss as having gained at least 19 members though.
Merging with PU is cool if that's your style and as you say, you may merge with whoever you want to, but don't be surprised if other alliances follow suit.
Nothing wrong with flag chasing either to my mind as long as it is not at the expense of LE fighters.
Grudges? I've been playing TE so long I've forgotten most of the guys I should have a grudge against. A few names stick in my head but I really couldn't be bothered to chase them this far on and I'm sure most of the old timers feel the same.

Edited by Son of Taeper

Huh...I'm Gone for most of last round and the entire first part of this round and all
everything changes....Alliance's gone, alliances changing names, and new alliances be started. Feels like i've missed several rounds :P

[quote name='ReadyFireAIm' date='14 July 2010 - 10:35 AM' timestamp='1279121722' post='2371001']
[/quote]
I had to laugh when i saw this post from you CP....I mean this coming from the one of the kings of curb stomps. The person who loves to jump on the bandwagon and call it a fair fight.
I'm not trying to disrespect you here, just pointing out the facts. CDT had become one of those alliances every since pops left you to run CDT. I've pointed it out before in post from several rounds ago. I was actually surprised when I saw you guys hit LE last round and as far as I can remember it was the only war CDT had ever been in where they didn't follow some else's lead or have backing from another Alliance or 2 ;)

Again man, I'm not picking on you nor am I trying to be mean here. I just think that you should think your actions through before you do them or spout out injustice when it happens to you. Not saying that I think this isn't a fair fight, for the most part it is, numbers, NS and all.

I hope the next time you join (Bandwagon) a war that had been going on for 3 or 4 days prior to you jumping in with a fresh war chest and all the glories of not being in a WAR, you'll think twice about it. As I've said before what comes around goes around and rather its a revenge DOW, or just because your one up on the list it doesn't matter...war is war and when it comes to your door you have no choice but to fight it.

And for the record, you can change your AA name, merge, fly a different flag or color but it doesn't erase your past or give you a scapegoat from war...

Have fun peeps, GL to both sides!!

BG.

Edited by Burning Glory

[quote name='Burning Glory' date='15 July 2010 - 02:58 PM' timestamp='1279223888' post='2373334']
snip
[/quote]

CDT fought a 1v1 war with OP two rounds ago. And a 1v1 war with LE last round. You're just sore that CDT also happened to attack TPF (and I think TPC once) in previous rounds. Seriously, you're the last person that should be calling others out for this.