The Superfriends to the rescure

LincolnC

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Frostfirefox' date='03 July 2010 - 05:35 PM' timestamp='1278192911' post='2358990']
Your postings do not even thoroughly address what I say, yet you quote me anyways...
[/quote]

I think he was trying to (it made since to me), but since your post was nearly indecipherable he probably missed your point. I personally have no idea what your point was.

BTW, I find this DoW highly offensive. This discrimination against alliances whose names begin with "W" is beyond the pale; WAPA and Warriors are at war with BC too, **** it!

[quote name='Woref' date='03 July 2010 - 03:15 PM' timestamp='1278198937' post='2359068']
I think he was trying to (it made since to me), but since your post was nearly indecipherable he probably missed your point. I personally have no idea what your point was.

BTW, I find this DoW highly offensive. This discrimination against alliances whose names begin with "W" is beyond the pale; WAPA and Warriors are at war with BC too, **** it!
[/quote]

I tried to get them to declare on us W's but I mean I guess were to scary for them. Oh Well Woref lets beat BC into the ground anyway.

I'm loving how offended people apparently are about a declaration of war in TE, [u]TE[/u] of all games. [b]Nobody[/b] takes this seriously, and yet people found a way to be offended. Brilliant.

Edited by Olaf Styke

[quote name='Olaf Styke' date='03 July 2010 - 06:47 PM' timestamp='1278208059' post='2359167']
I'm loving how offended people apparently are about a declaration of war in TE, [u]TE[/u] of all games. [b]Nobody[/b] takes this seriously, and yet people found a way to be offended. Brilliant.
[/quote]

Actually, quite a number of people take TE seriously. You shouldn't dismiss TE politics/declarations so carelessly.

[quote name='Olaf Styke' date='03 July 2010 - 05:47 PM' timestamp='1278208059' post='2359167']
[/quote]

We TAKE TE seriously. You shouldn't be here if you dont. This game is about strategy and war. Not about who can curbstomp who. Learn the game before you join.

Yeah SF lost alot of respect. Actually I have no respect for any of the alliance.

[quote name='Olaf Styke' date='04 July 2010 - 02:47 AM' timestamp='1278208059' post='2359167']
I'm loving how offended people apparently are about a declaration of war in TE, [u]TE[/u] of all games. [b]Nobody[/b] takes this seriously, and yet people found a way to be offended. Brilliant.[/quote]

It does go both ways though (hurr hurr); SF went to war because someone else went to war. All we wanted was a fair fight (which we got), now there's an alliance 2x the size of kiwis/WAPA/Warriors combined looming over us for picking said fight. So you'll have to excuse us for being somewhat annoyed. Perhaps we should have attacked someone smaller than us instead?

[quote name='Bionic redhead' date='04 July 2010 - 06:37 AM' timestamp='1278239851' post='2359395']
Perhaps we should have attacked someone smaller than us instead?
[/quote]
That would be the Superfriends way

Edited by bibliophile

[quote name='Bionic redhead' date='04 July 2010 - 05:37 AM' timestamp='1278239851' post='2359395']
It does go both ways though (hurr hurr); SF went to war because someone else went to war. All we wanted was a fair fight (which we got), now there's an alliance 2x the size of kiwis/WAPA/Warriors combined looming over us for picking said fight. So you'll have to excuse us for being somewhat annoyed. Perhaps we should have attacked someone smaller than us instead?
[/quote]

So you're upset you didn't get to attack us on your own terms? You're annoyed that you weren't allowed to do whatever the hell you want without consequences?

...are we in preschool again?

Edit: And last time I checked, WAPA, Warrios, and Kiwis combined were larger than Bad Company, so no, you didn't pick a fair fight. If you're trying to count Frogout among our ranks, that's fairly presumptuous, we have nothing to do with one another.

[quote]We TAKE TE seriously. You shouldn't be here if you dont. This game is about strategy and war. Not about who can curbstomp who. Learn the game before you join.

Yeah SF lost alot of respect. Actually I have no respect for any of the alliance.[/quote]

So I shouldn't be here if I treat a game like... a GAME? I think you should probably be the one to "learn the game", Strategy and War has ALWAYS been about who can curbstomp who, that is the concept in it's entirety; BEAT THE ENEMY IN TO SUBMISSION BY ANY MEANS. And if SF are losing respect for merely playing the game, I think you need to take a step back and emotionally detatch yourself from this whole community, because that's just plain irrational.

Edited by Olaf Styke

[quote name='Olaf Styke' date='04 July 2010 - 02:27 PM' timestamp='1278250009' post='2359429']
So you're upset you didn't get to attack us on your own terms? You're annoyed that you weren't allowed to do whatever the hell you want without consequences?

Edit: And last time I checked, WAPA, Warrios, and Kiwis combined were larger than Bad Company, so no, you didn't pick a fair fight. If you're trying to count Frogout among our ranks, that's fairly presumptuous, we have nothing to do with one another.[/quote]

Apparently we are in preschool again. To paraphrase a conversation that happened in private between BC and SF gov: "Waaaaah, Mummy, mean people are fighting me. We can't do anything about it ourselves, so we want you to help us".

Warriors/TFK/WAPA:
Nations: 96
Total Str: 159263
Avg Str: 1658

Frogout/Bad Company:
Nations: 113
Total Str: 145003
Avg Str: 1283

Like it not, your 'side' (yes I'm aware that frogout and bad company aren't allied, but you two matched up best against our combined NS) got a sizeable nation advantage (heck, you had the NS advantage too before we bulked up for the war) and that's without adding in SF (who would add another 223k NS, 153 nations to your total and raising your ANS by 100).

You complain about us not getting our own way, yet trying to get into fair fights is the TE way and until DC ran crying to SF for help, that's what we had. Heck, considering how quickly SF intervened, DC didn't even try to fight with just frogout alongside them. That's just embarasing. Worse still, if you wanted to fight so little, what the hell are you doing in TE?

So, i'll ask you again, is there something wrong with picking a fair fight?

[quote name='Olaf Styke' date='03 July 2010 - 09:47 PM' timestamp='1278208059' post='2359167']
[/quote]

I really hope this was directed at me...

[quote name='Olaf Styke' date='04 July 2010 - 09:27 AM' timestamp='1278250009' post='2359429']

Edit: And last time I checked, WAPA, Warrios, and Kiwis combined were larger than Bad Company, so no, you didn't pick a fair fight. If you're trying to count Frogout among our ranks, that's fairly presumptuous, we have nothing to do with one another.

So I shouldn't be here if I treat a game like... a GAME? I think you should probably be the one to "learn the game", Strategy and War has ALWAYS been about who can curbstomp who, that is the concept in it's entirety; BEAT THE ENEMY IN TO SUBMISSION BY ANY MEANS. And if SF are losing respect for merely playing the game, I think you need to take a step back and emotionally detatch yourself from this whole community, because that's just plain irrational.
[/quote]

I think you're the one taking things too seriously. I find it mildly ironic that your goal of not taking the game too seriously is being taken so seriously.

[quote name='Bionic redhead' date='04 July 2010 - 04:06 PM' timestamp='1278255957' post='2359455']
Warriors/TFK/WAPA:
Nations: 96
Total Str: 159263
Avg Str: 1658

Frogout/Bad Company:
Nations: 113
Total Str: 145003
Avg Str: 1283
[/quote]

quantity =/= quality if you can't overcome an extra 20 nations when you have about 400 higher ANS and the advantage of a pre-emptive strike then you seriously need to find a game that's a bit more simple, have you tried Pacman?

[quote name='Bionic redhead' date='04 July 2010 - 04:06 PM' timestamp='1278255957' post='2359455']
You complain about us not getting our own way, yet trying to get into fair fights is the TE way and until DC ran crying to SF for help,[/quote]

Funny, the only person i see crying is you, but keep it up and i'll get you a nice gold star for enthusiasm :)

[quote name='Olaf Styke' date='04 July 2010 - 05:27 AM' timestamp='1278250009' post='2359429']
So I shouldn't be here if I treat a game like... a GAME? I think you should probably be the one to "learn the game", Strategy and War has ALWAYS been about who can curbstomp who, that is the concept in it's entirety; [b]BEAT THE ENEMY IN TO SUBMISSION BY ANY MEANS[/b]. And if SF are losing respect for merely playing the game, I think you need to take a step back and emotionally detatch yourself from this whole community, because that's just plain irrational.
[/quote]

This is TE not SE.

TE Guidelines:
[list]
[*]Fair Fights
[*]Short Wars
[*]Allies get to sit on the sidelines and watch if rule one and two aren't broken
[/list]
We didn't break any rules. We actually gave them the advantage. BC just needed to go to Frogout. Say I want to strike back and figure something out. Not Bawwwww all over the place
There so now you know how TE works. Its not about curbstomping. Its not about "Beating into submission." Its about let me emphasize here FUN and FAIR Wars.

So if I am being irrational because you guys couldn't stay out of a perfectly good and honorable war then fine. Like Clash said [u]You're already doing it wrong.[/u]

[quote name='KOwens06' date='04 July 2010 - 08:28 PM' timestamp='1278271693' post='2359588']
This is TE not SE.

TE Guidelines:
[list]
[*]Fair Fights
[*]Short Wars
[*]Allies get to sit on the sidelines and watch if rule one and two aren't broken
[/list]
[/quote]

could you link me to the this topic?

[quote name='lazaraus45' date='04 July 2010 - 08:19 PM' timestamp='1278271158' post='2359583']
Funny, the only person i see crying is you, but keep it up and i'll get you a nice gold star for enthusiasm :)[/quote]

Please come and deliver it personally.

I'd ask if Olaf could deliver it, but despite us being at war ingame he hasn't sent so much as a ground attack at me.

[quote name='LincolnC' date='03 July 2010 - 12:32 AM' timestamp='1278135107' post='2358476']
[i]The Superfriends[/i] hereby declares war against [i]The Flying Kiwis[/i] and the evil villain nations that belong to them.
[/quote]

Wait a minute...did the words "evil villian nations" just get applied in reference to The Flying Kiwis??? :blink:

Kiwis, We have arrived!!! We finally matter by TE standards - Party Time :excl:

Hail to the Superfriends...I love you guys :awesome:

Edited by Mistress Demona

[quote name='Bionic redhead' date='04 July 2010 - 08:30 PM' timestamp='1278271828' post='2359590']
Please come and deliver it personally.
[/quote]

sorry but you need to learn to build your nation a bit better first:

You cannot declare war on this nation because they are not within your range of nations to declare war on. View your My Ranking screen to find nations within your range.

besides i wouldn't want to break your rules of fairness now would i?

[quote name='lazaraus45' date='04 July 2010 - 08:30 PM' timestamp='1278271805' post='2359589']
[/quote]

I was just thinking the exact same thing. Also, please link to a definition of a "fair fight", since you´re so adamant about wanting one.

[quote name='lazaraus45' date='04 July 2010 - 11:30 AM' timestamp='1278271805' post='2359589']
[/quote]

Just go on IRC and go to any TE room except SF's and BC's and ask them how TE should be played. You will get the same answer as my post.

[quote name='KOwens06' date='04 July 2010 - 08:37 PM' timestamp='1278272257' post='2359596']
Just go on IRC and go to any TE room except SF's and BC's and ask them how TE should be played. You will get the same answer as my post.
[/quote]

channels are inactive atm, i'll get back to you on that,

in the meantime you didn't address the part in my post about the higher ANS and the pre-emptive strike

[quote name='KOwens06' date='04 July 2010 - 08:37 PM' timestamp='1278272257' post='2359596']
[/quote]

Ah, so what you mean is that certain alliances have arbitrarily decided how TE should be played.

Well, why didn´t you just say so.

[quote name='Vukland' date='04 July 2010 - 08:48 PM' timestamp='1278272881' post='2359601']
Hi guys glad to see so many of my favorite allies/enemies are trolling today Happy 4th!!!
[/quote]

Don't be so cheery man, this is srs bsns :P

This fight is getting better. The SF back up BC against wapa kiwis and warriors. I think that suits the 3 nations that declared war as we all love a challenge. Pity you can't do it properly SF by declaring your own war :) as you could have tried to roll the 3 wee nations :)

I think this may be the round that the infra huggers are in for a surprise.

SF go and grow a pair :wub:

[quote name='lazaraus45' date='04 July 2010 - 08:34 PM' timestamp='1278272026' post='2359593']
sorry but you need to learn to build your nation a bit better first:

You cannot declare war on this nation because they are not within your range of nations to declare war on. View your My Ranking screen to find nations within your range.

besides i wouldn't want to break your rules of fairness now would i?
[/quote]

Fairness went out of the window yesterday at 6:32 AM. But by all means, feel free to lose some NS in order to get within range of me.

Edited by Bionic redhead