The League of Antartcic Folk and Enclosed Races and Stuff

King Timmy

Open letter to the Nations and Territorys of the Antarctic,

Due to my nation now being situated in the Antarctic, I feel it would be a good idea to begin an organisation of all the countries in this region. The main objective would ofcourse be defense from foreign nations attempting to take land in the Antarctic by force. Also on the agenda would be trading laws between our nations to make it easier for goods to cross each others borders, a research sharing scheme so we can all develop our understanding of the Antarctic together and also the formation of a peace keeping force which would be able to deploy to regions that need assistance in the way of aid and or military poice for the security of their nation should thy request it.

The details are still being drawn up, but should anyone have any interest in joining, or any ideas or advice please let us know by replying here.

I look forward to hearing back soon,
King Timmy

The Romonov Foundation has no need to join any such organisation as we can rely on ourselves for everything that we require and as we have no enemies we don't need any real military force. In fact we feel that the idea of your organisation being created would cause more problems than it would solve.

I understand you position, but would urge you to reconsider.

Not all of the attending nations would be forced to contribute to any strengthening of defenses or foreign peace keeping missions.

The economic benefits from such an organisation could easily outweigh any negatives. A more open trade system could make it a lot easier for both your nation and every other nation involved to aquire any resource they need, with a lot less hassle and at a much cheaper price.

Also should the entire planet be dragged into a war the safety of your nation would be secured by all other participating nations or, if there was not apparent threat to my nation, my enitre military force would be at your dsposal.

The system you propose is foolish from what you are saying it is possible for a number of nations to gain all the advantages with none of the disadvantages, this system would lead to the minority advancing and growing whilst the majority suffer for it. So no we will not be joining this organisation of yours.

Ok, you are entitled to your views. But I disagree about the minority advancing whilst the rest suffer.

It would be built to be a fair system. Not just for me or any other single nation to be the sole benefactor from everyone else, but for the benefits to be split amongst everyone.

For example, if any nation was found to not be giving as much as it was receiving it would be asked to up it's exportation to the other member states, or face a reduction of imports into it's country.

So nations will benefit by as much as they choose to donate.

But if you are unwilling to participate, I wish you good health and bid you farewell,

King Timmy

Edited by KingTimmy

[quote name='Executive Minister' date='07 June 2010 - 12:04 PM' timestamp='1275912248' post='2327702']
[i]"As we only have a [s]military[/s] research and development facility in the Antarctic, we will decline this offer."[/i]
[/quote]

Ok, but we are more than aware of your "research".

And research is part of the organisation, so should you ever change your mind there will be a seat waiting at the table.

King Timmy

[quote name='KingTimmy' date='07 June 2010 - 08:17 AM' timestamp='1275913041' post='2327706']
Ok, but we are more than aware of your "research".

And research is part of the organisation, so should you ever change your mind there will be a seat waiting at the table.

King Timmy
[/quote]

OOC: Lol, no you don't, not even I know what's going on down there, as i've posted nothing...

hmm... that reminds me...

[quote name='Executive Minister' date='07 June 2010 - 12:23 PM' timestamp='1275913418' post='2327713']
OOC: Lol, no you don't, not even I know what's going on down there, as i've posted nothing...

hmm... that reminds me...
[/quote]

OOC: aww come on you can't say your doing research and then say you don't know what your doing! I don't know what your doing, I was just implying that whatever it is I'm porbably keeping tabs on I through various ways and means.

The primary use of Australia's Antarctic claims are as a penal colony for our most violent criminals, as well as those deemed a high risk for escape attempts.

If you still wish us to send a representative to these discussions, we will of course oblige.

OOC: If yuo haven't already, try PM'ing those with territory in the Antarctic. Zoot Zoot in the Imperium of Canada (it might stil be labelled as New Canada or something) and DracoDark of Winter's Edge are good people to contact, the former with a colony, the latter actually having his nation on the frozen continent.

The Imperium of Canada will attend, the research facility has grown in size and now accomodatees 120,000 men women and children, and the research center is now a massive research settlement, aswell as the military garrison.

Good to hear some positive responses. I am however already considering a change of the name. L.O.A.F.E.R.S. seemed like a good idea at the time, but it doesn't really make sense. I was thinking of Nations with Interest in The South pole, or N.I.T.S.

If anyone else has suggestion for a name, please let us know and when we have finalised the membership we can have a vote.

The Kingdom of Cochin maintains its territory in Antarctica by name of Station Gangothri. It has several civilian and military research facility and several scientific facilities. Station Gangothri also has a sizable garrison and infrastructure for military defense and force projection.

If the intent of this conference is for greater cooperation between Antarctic powers the Kingdom is willing to send a representative.

The U.S. is having a problem with excessive amounts of Stuff.. We were wondering if Timministan would like to buy our Stuff. It's cheap Stuff and it can add to the heaps of Stuff Timministan almost certainly already has. Is there any way that Timministan would sign a Stuff Exporting/Importing treaty with us to help us dispose of our excess Stuff?

We have some really interesting stuff.. even stuff that glows!

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

Yes we are always looking to gain more Stuff, but not too much and not when it is offered mockingly. The Tiministanian people are a proud race.

Stuffism is the belief that everything is Stuff, and that Stuff is everything. We believe that the Creator created all Stuff, and is also present around all the Stuff at all times everywhere.

We also believe that the Creator knows all Stuff and wants us all to have Stuff, but not too much Stuff. Greed is not accepted in Stuffism, in which all people are equal and should therefore have an equal amount of Stuff. This is the reason we wish to attempt at setting up this organisation. So all nations present in the Antarctic can treat each other equally, and then some day the world.

Edited by KingTimmy

***Confidential***

[quote]Encoded Confidential Private Message
To: King Timmy - Supreme Leader of Most Things
From: Rocky Balboa - Commander of Tiministanian Armed Forces

Sir, you should be aware. The Romanov Foundation may suspect us. They say they may join to "keep an eye on" us.

They also ask for a draft agreement.[/quote]

[quote]Encoded Confidential Private Message
To: Rocky Balboa - Commander of Tiministanian Armed Forces

Let them suspect, for us to flinch at their remark would only imply guilt. It would be impossible for them to have any idea of what our end goal is.

However it would be foolish to simply shrug off this remark. Keep monitoring open communications only, we don't want to be accused of spying. Should any of the code words "Antarctic", "Tiministan", "Operation" and "Hope" occur in the same sentence we may either need to accelerate our plans and act preemptively if too much has been put forward, or abandon all plans and wait until such a time as there is no suspicion.

And I will give them their "agreement", even though they slammed us at first there is a possibility they could become allies in the future should they agree with our ideals.

Also the happenings in Valencia may give us an opportunity to act with greater ease if it leads to a war we will not be involved in.

Keep vigilant at all times, trust no-one.[/quote]

Edited by KingTimmy

Ah, I am glad to hear the Romanov Foundation are finally interested in the agreement, but rest assured there is nothing for you too keep an eye on. Our intentions are good and simple.

The first item on the agenda may aswell be defense. I am very keen on us being able to protect the entire continent due to the fact it is the only place I own land and can call home.

So I want to get a rough idea of the size of everyones present military force in Antarctice who is interested in possibly signing the agreement. After getting rough numbers we can bring up a draft plan for defense patrols and also for a possible peace keeping force able to deploy at any nations request.