Declaration of Freedom

[center][img]http://www.cerberus.com.au/vic_flag_1953.gif[/img][/center]

[color="#9932CC"]"Ladies and Gentlemen of the world. Today I, Kevin Rudd, come before you not as the leader of a small part of New South Wales but as the leader of a free and independant nation. The people of Wilsons Promontory have willed it and thus it shall happen. We whole heardtly declare our independance from the nation of New South Wales. We will be a parlimentary democracy, with HRH Queen Quinten Bryce at the throne. Also here is a map to remind you all where we are."
[img]http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/2266/bobslan.png[/img]

OOC:Sil has approved this[/color]

Edited by Stefano Palmieri

OOC: I am Sil, and I approve of this message

IC:

There was a great deal of political fervour when the announcement reached the ears of the government. The first issue at hand was recalling the troops stationed at the shore batteries on the Promontory. There were nearly 20 of them along that coastal stretch, and each gun had a crew of 30 men to cover duties 24/7. they all had to be withdrawn as quickly as possible. Hopefully, these people wouldn't over-react to the military trucks hurtling down their highways. Realistically, if New South Wales wanted to stop this action, they could, but that was not their way. As soon as the last troops were back across the newly defined border, a representative of the government was sent to make contact with this Rudd fellow. Concurrently, a public address was made by Siriol Bowen, Prime Minister of New South Wales.

"A few hours ago, Kevin Rudd, on behalf of the people of Wilson's Promontory, declared independence from New South Wales. I stand before you now, to declare on behalf of our government that we recognise their independence movement as legitimate, and lawful. We are not people who will stand in the way of the wishes of the people, should their will be as strong as this. We have already extended our hand in greeting to the new government, and offer them assistance to maintain law and order until their government infrastructure is complete. We wish them only the best of luck."

She left the stage without waiting for questions.

[quote name='Fizzydog' date='16 May 2010 - 12:11 PM' timestamp='1273972262' post='2299266']
U.I welcomes this new tiny nation to the world and will hold recognization for the time being until they learn more about this country.
[/quote]
[color="#9932CC"]"Thank you for your welcome. If you need to know anything, just ask away, providing of course it is with in reason."[/color]

[quote name='JEDCJT' date='16 May 2010 - 12:17 PM' timestamp='1273972625' post='2299273']
"We welcome this nation to the world, and invite them to apply for an embassy in Endor Cuidad, our capital.

Oh, and by the way, we cant see the map."
[/quote]
[color="#9932CC"]"We will be sure to apply once we organise our diplomats. Also we apologize for the technical difficulties, but we have fixed them."[/color]

[quote name='Silhouette' date='16 May 2010 - 12:23 PM' timestamp='1273972970' post='2299285']
OOC: I am Sil, and I approve of this message

IC:

There was a great deal of political fervour when the announcement reached the ears of the government. The first issue at hand was recalling the troops stationed at the shore batteries on the Promontory. There were nearly 20 of them along that coastal stretch, and each gun had a crew of 30 men to cover duties 24/7. they all had to be withdrawn as quickly as possible. Hopefully, these people wouldn't over-react to the military trucks hurtling down their highways. Realistically, if New South Wales wanted to stop this action, they could, but that was not their way. As soon as the last troops were back across the newly defined border, a representative of the government was sent to make contact with this Rudd fellow. Concurrently, a public address was made by Siriol Bowen, Prime Minister of New South Wales.

"A few hours ago, Kevin Rudd, on behalf of the people of Wilson's Promontory, declared independence from New South Wales. I stand before you now, to declare on behalf of our government that we recognise their independence movement as legitimate, and lawful. We are not people who will stand in the way of the wishes of the people, should their will be as strong as this. We have already extended our hand in greeting to the new government, and offer them assistance to maintain law and order until their government infrastructure is complete. We wish them only the best of luck."

She left the stage without waiting for questions.
[/quote]

[color="#9932CC"]"We thank New South Wales for recognising us, and allowing us to succeed peacefully. Your troops shall be allowed to exit peacefully and will not be harrased in anyway by the people of the Promontory".[/color]