CN-ART SoTW #6: Voting

Seth Muscarella

118 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

[quote name='Tarikmo' date='05 May 2010 - 01:04 PM' timestamp='1273025077' post='2287132']
one vote, ONE, that's all you are beating me by.
[/quote]It's become very apparant that CN isn't really an art community, people just vote for whoever's popular in politics or whatever is funny.

So I've kinda given up on any hope of winning another SOTW no matter how good my stuff it. :P

[quote name='Davian Thule' date='04 May 2010 - 10:07 PM' timestamp='1273025234' post='2287138']
It's become very apparant that CN isn't really an art community, people just vote for whoever's popular in politics or whatever is funny.

So I've kinda given up on any hope of winning another SOTW no matter how good my stuff it. :P
[/quote]

I sense a high level of smug coming from this one.

[quote name='Davian Thule' date='04 May 2010 - 11:37 PM' timestamp='1273025234' post='2287138']
It's become very apparant that CN isn't really an art community, people just vote for whoever's popular in politics or whatever is funny.

[/quote]
I'm winning now, and by the way, mine isn't popular or funny, people like it because it's unique, who else has Pokemon and Stephen Colbert in the same area but me?

*cough* also I asked them to vote for me*cough*

[quote name='Tarikmo' date='04 May 2010 - 11:44 PM' timestamp='1273031065' post='2287274']
[b]I'm winning now[/b], and by the way, mine isn't popular or funny, people like it because it's unique, who else has Pokemon and Stephen Colbert in the same area but me?

*cough* also I asked them to vote for me*cough*[/quote]
*raises an eyebrow* You are?

[quote name='Gairyuki' date='05 May 2010 - 02:22 AM' timestamp='1273035114' post='2287342']
He was beating Davian at the time, which is what he's talking about when he says "winning". ;)
[/quote]
truth! My image is no where near good enough to win :P

edit:

so Davian Thule wanna be my art rival?

Edited by Tarikmo

[quote name='Seth Muscarella' date='04 May 2010 - 07:44 PM' timestamp='1273027426' post='2287198']
I should start getting MY alliance to vote for me, regardless of the quality of other submissions. :-/
[/quote]
You referred to a 'judge panel' when you posted this contest, having an actual judge panel with some sort of artistic integrity would go a long way towards making the voting legit. Just something to consider for the future.

Yes, we've actually discussed that as a possibility for the future. There are valid points on both sides, but the judge panel I was referring to at the time was to ensure artists' entries were their own work. I've found the stock images of some of the previous entries through a simple image search, and been quite surprised by the lack of manipulation done. If there's a valid complaint on one of them, the CN Artists will request the images used.