Snakebitten

Elric

I have no prepared script, so I apologize if I begin to ramble. There is so much that I want to say, but I will try to make this post as short (and as coherent) as possible.

First, some brief background on BoD. The Brotherhood was designed to be a standard edition alliance. The overwhelming majority of members were going to be new players, so it was a requirement that every BoD SE nation have a TE nation. There was a two-fold purpose for this: (1) experience with warfare mechanics and the psychological impacts of war; (2) practice for roles in different leadership positions. Every round I intended to rotate people into new roles so members could get a balanced view of what an alliance is and does. I thought this was a very good idea…The SE alliance was supposed to be launched on March 1st, a special day for me. However, because of the start date of Round 10, we had to launch the TE version of BoD first. Many members started creating nations both in SE and TE, so I was forced to officially launch the SE version of the Brotherhood early.

Last night BoD had a meeting- mostly in person or the rest by cell phone or text messages. The gist of the meeting was that the members were interested in nation building and long-term play of their nations. Possible in SE, not so much in TE. Also, the experience of trying to run two nations with different sets of goals and styles of play was frustrating. In particular, trades were driving the members nuts in both games, and the idea that building trades was so time intensive just to lose their nations in a couple of months in TE really ticked off several people. [Little did they know how many trades they would lose due to rerolls, but I didn’t mention this for fear of my life ] The vast majority of members wanted to focus only on SE. Those few of us who wanted to stay decided that we would honor this decision as a whole instead of splitting up into different alliances in TE. So, the quick end is here for me once again, this time minus the tragic circumstances. But this time I feel that I have egg on my face. No more TE alliances for me.

My passion has long been TE, and that is where the majority of my play time has been spent, and that is where the majority of my diplomatic efforts have been centered. SE has suffered some, but will suffer no more. SE is now more exciting to me than it has been since I started. You never know what to expect or where this will all end on Bob…I look forward to the fun and the challenges.

My apologies to the alliances that I was forming, and to the MANY friends that I have made here on Steve. I will really miss you guys (and a couple of gurlz). I would like to mention a few alliances and people. The list is not inclusive, so please don’t be mad at me if I miss you.

When SSI had to go away under tragic circumstances, 3 main alliances stepped up with an offer to defend us: Orbit Black, WAPA, and the Flying Kiwis. I had developed a relationship with Qazzian when we were planning the formation of an alliance of small black team AAs. I didn’t really know anybody in WAPA or Kiwis. None of the three had any reason to offer their help, but they did, and it has always impressed me as highly honorable. Thanks to all of you collectively and to the individuals in the alliances that I have spoken with since that time. One round I went rogue and attacked a TPF member, Cameron of Lochiel. I ended up fighting Steve McQueen, Burning Glory, dogbite (not POSITIVE about the other two, but maybe Wizard of Oz). Anyway, I came away impressed with all as individual fighters and human beings. So much so that I joined Ozland Cobras the next round, which was an AA of mostly TPF members. All of the five people that I mentioned above (in alphabetical order so as not to offend) Burning Glory, Cameron of Lochiel, dogbite/dolemite, Steve McQueen, and Wizard of Oz have all turned out to become friends of mine here on Steve. I will miss you guys. Cameron, the guy I attacked, turned out to be one of the hardest working and nicest people (behind the scenes anyway) that I have met in Cybernations. He speaks his mind, nothing wrong with that, and something that I admire in him. Funny that I attacked him and we became such good mates  I also want to thank Murder, Inc. for their unsolicited support for BoD. I have known several members in SE and TE, and I think you will be a force on Steve. You will definitely stir things up and make TE a bit more fun and unpredictable. To the SOS Brigade, I am sorry that we cannot continue our hostilities for one another. I did force myself to learn a bit more about anime, and you guys have the most active irc channel that I monitored, bar none. There are lots of other folks I was working on relationships with- good luck to all of you. Have fun, and play TE your own ways. Don’t let anybody dictate to you…

With this long post (sorry, it just happened) I bid TE farewell. I will probably check the forums now and again out of curiosity. You can always reach me thru the forums or ingame in SE. Adios!

-BigKat-

OMG I just written a long story for u there man and my net cut off NOOOOOOOOO lol

Anyway i'll make it short now HAHA.
Sad to see you go bud I wish you well in SE.
Iwas just wondering what happens to BoD on TE? will you guys dispand or will someone else take your place? also what will happen if you do? will the members go seperate ways or stick together?
Sounds as though I'm being too nosy LOL but i just wanna make sure they get the best alliances and experience from TE as possible :)

Edited by EddyH

No, we decided as a group to leave TE. Nobody will join another alliance or play their nations any longer. Including me :( What little tech we have is available for the taking. First come, first serve, so to speak.

My dear friend, my great and worthy opponent(once) and my ally. Planet Steve is colder without you.I will miss you bro. You know where to find me when you tire of Bob. Best of luck to you and BoD.
This is a dark day in West Virginia. :(

BigKat man, I'm sad to see you go. I didn't know you real well but what I did know about you and the few talks we had were really enjoyable. You'll obviously be missed by those of us on Steve who knew you. I wish you (and your BoD friends) the best luck over on Bob and I hope we'll see you again over here soon. :) Take it easy brother.

o/BoD

May be a quick ride in SE- I have already been attacked :) Thank you all for your well-wishes. I really miss you guys. I have a feeling Round 10 will see lots of action.

What wait... TE with out Big Kat. :( This must of been a tough decision for you my friend. I know how you love TE. You have shown to be a courageous warrior and a good friend. I enjoyed working with you last round in Ozland Cobras and was really looking forward to seeing your own AA take off. You will be missed and I wish you well in SE, as well as in RL. Salute to you!! I hope you return someday. :wub:

Wiz

BK, you will be missed! I'm sorry to see you go but I understand and wish you GL with your endevors.
You were honorable as a foe, and even more so as a friend....If you need anything, i'm here :)

BG.

[i][font="Times New Roman"][size="4"]Brotherhood of the Dragon no longer exist TE OR SE - neither does BigKat [img]http://forums.cybernations.net/public/style_emoticons/default/dry.gif[/img]
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[/size][/font][/i][b]This post is merely to keep BigKats many friends updated on the situation
- no judgement of Mod Actions is made by be, or should be made by any people responding to this
[/b][i][font="Times New Roman"][size="4"]-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/size][/font][/i]

I couldn't find BigKat's Nation on CN (In-Game) - so I emailed him
This is his reply to me

[quote]No, my entire alliance was deleted on SE, including my nation that I have worked on 3 [sup]1[/sup]/[sub]2[/sub] yrs.
Some of the guys were sharing the same network (different computers, weren't trading with each other, etc.), actually two different networks.
This has not been a problem in the past for them. But we "went to war" so to speak over a tech raid and ****** ******** asked a mod to check out some of the nations because they looked similar, and the result was my entire alliance was erased.

Those two networks, which included my library, are apparently site banned.
Maybe at some point I had checked my nation at work, but it would have been a LONG time ago, because a friend of mine was playing from work for a long time,
so I know that I never logged in here within the last...3 years maybe.

No questions asked- just deleted all of us.
Even though I don't feel like there was cheating involved since it was all separate people, quite a few were working off of the same two networks.
That is a violation and is understandable.
I just don't think that the entire alliance should have been affected.
After spending so much time to lose my nation, and finally starting an alliance and having it disappear,

[b]I will never be back[/b][/quote]
[i][font="Times New Roman"][size="4"]-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I Repeat ............

[/size][/font][/i][b]This post is merely to keep BigKats many friends updated on the situation
- no judgement of Mod Actions is made by be, or should be made by any people responding to this

[/b][i][font="Times New Roman"][size="4"][size="3"]I will pass on your regards, if offered,[/size]
[i][font="Times New Roman"][size="4"][/size][/font][/i]
Cameron of Lochiel[/size][/font][/i]

• 2 weeks later...

[b][center][font="Times"][/font][/b][size="2"][/center][/size][font="Times"]Support BigKat's Appeal by wearing this in your Sig

[code][center]
I Support [URL=http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=82637][IMG]http://209.85.48.10/12912/43/upload/p3314310.jpg[/IMG][/URL] BigKat's appeal
Click The Pic to See his appeal - But NOTE - it's a No Reply thread
[/center][/code][/font]

Sad to see him go.

As for deleting an entire alliance for sharing a network?

I guess that means every workplace, everycampus and every internet cafe is now off limits.

Crazy.

But its ok as membership of cybernations is rising, oh wait.....

[quote name='andymac64' date='14 March 2010 - 08:18 PM' timestamp='1268598236' post='2225595']
As for deleting an entire alliance for sharing a network?

I guess that means every workplace, everycampus and every internet cafe is now off limits.

Crazy.
[/quote]

You're right Andy & BigKat is the Director of a LIBRARY !!
[indent]He won't, obviously, give full details here
But that's where I contact him and he has emailed [i]specific[/i] details to Admin.

Wear the sig people !!

[/indent]