Aiding during Wartime

kulomascovia

Dejavu. Wasn't there a feed exactly about this topic already once before that died once it was clearly explained that while aiding is a potential act of war it doesn't constitute a declaration of war? Seriously, I'm getting dead horse syndrome.

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its kind of silly how serious some alliance take the aid thing. Sure blatant focused attempts to send aid to an alliance as a whole. But going after a few newb tech dealers trying to be good players and send tech out on time is taking the game way to seriously.

Sending tech to a nation at war is definitely being an arms dealer. Tech [i]directly[/i] increases the damage being done in that nation's wars. Whether the alliance in question chooses to do something about it depends on how much aid your alliance is sending to their enemies, whether it appears to be systematic and so on. But you can't complain about it when what seems to have happened is that an alliance has [i]informed[/i] your seller that sending aid to a nation at war with them is a bad idea.

[quote name='Prime minister Johns' date='23 February 2010 - 06:46 AM' timestamp='1266929414' post='2198917']
I disagree with the arms dealer analogy, Selling tech is more like selling raw materials, these materials can be put to use to strengthen a nation's war-fighting ability or they can be used to improve happiness (even beyond TL100 with certain wonders) or to purchase top end wonders. And a tech buyer may be completely peaceful, indeed there are several GPA tech buyers who I strongly doubt would attack anyone.
[/quote]

Irrelevant, as this discussion is about sending tech to alliances who are at war. They are already at war, and any tech they receive will be used for the wars they are in - they don't even have a choice about it the way you imply.