Clarification from The Legion

[quote name='pezstar' date='12 February 2010 - 01:29 AM' timestamp='1265956171' post='2177113']
So you're saying that you read where lucas said that "Peace will not be offered again." and what you gleaned from it is that "Peace is gonna happen, but it will take a really long time."?
[/quote]

You still have not answered my question.

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='pezstar' date='12 February 2010 - 01:29 AM' timestamp='1265956171' post='2177113']
So you're saying that you read where lucas said that "Peace will not be offered again." and what you gleaned from it is that "Peace is gonna happen, but it will take a really long time."?
[/quote]
Yes, I believe he meant white peace will not be offered again, meaning reps and therefore lengthy negotiations while everyone engaged with Legion pounds them.

Also (and this is actually serious), weren't you in Legion at one point Pez? I feel like you were but I cant honestly remember and I'm curious.

Edited by wandmdave

[quote name='unitedblahcentral' date='12 February 2010 - 01:32 AM' timestamp='1265956341' post='2177125']
My friend, your inability to link me to any evidence makes me laugh. Admit your defeated, and let me continue pounding Legion please.
[/quote]
Lol, I suppose you can't read. What I posted was evidence, little in quantity, but sufficient.

[quote name='Gunnar Griffin' date='12 February 2010 - 01:32 AM' timestamp='1265956375' post='2177128']
Sparta provided the closes thing to the evidence trying to prove your claim. That evidence was deemed wanting according to a majority of people. You're beating a dead horse; you're misinformed.
[/quote]

I am not talking about the logs with Hubb. Thats why I said Imperial.

[quote name='Matthew Conrad' date='12 February 2010 - 12:32 AM' timestamp='1265956368' post='2177127']
No what you don't understand is what happened in #legion. I'm sorry you're not included in an inside joke that happened last night. Ask your superiors, maybe they'll glean some knowledge on you.
[/quote]

Please tell me what someone is supposed to take from your well displayed signature?

[quote name='joracy' date='12 February 2010 - 01:35 AM' timestamp='1265956511' post='2177137']
[/quote]
I asked for logs in general. They gave the best evidence taking into account logs from everyone. The best evidence was not sufficient. I can't make this any clearer for you.

[quote name='joracy' date='12 February 2010 - 12:35 AM' timestamp='1265956511' post='2177137']
[/quote]
Once again Joracy, please educate us. Show the logs you speak of to your audience.

[quote name='jacosby' date='12 February 2010 - 01:35 AM' timestamp='1265956512' post='2177138']
Please tell me what someone is supposed to take from your well displayed signature?
[/quote]

Goodness gracious, okay first off go to the channel listed in it. Second off, you're sadly mistaken if you seriously think I have the time or want to become Legion's viceroy.

[quote name='Gunnar Griffin' date='12 February 2010 - 04:34 PM' timestamp='1265956453' post='2177134']
Lol, I suppose you can't read. What I posted was evidence, little in quantity, but sufficient.
[/quote]

I'm sorry, all i saw there was a bunch of accusations. Sure, some were Spartan gov officials, but i dont see any incriminating evidence that states clearly that SPARTA PURPOSELY FORGED SIGS TO PUSH FOR A LEGION SURRENDER.

Or maybe its just because im tired right now...

[quote name='Joe Izuzu' date='11 February 2010 - 11:28 PM' timestamp='1265956132' post='2177112']
LOL. Really? "A clean and healthy history"?
[/quote]
You're right, we did associate with you at some point in the past. However, unitedblahcentral wasn't privy to the knowledge of the past, from which we have been working to seek forgiveness from those we helped NPO to oppress.

[quote name='Gunnar Griffin' date='12 February 2010 - 04:34 PM' timestamp='1265956453' post='2177134']
[/quote]

I'm sorry, all i saw there was a bunch of accusations. Sure, some were Spartan gov officials, but i dont see any incriminating evidence that states clearly that SPARTA PURPOSELY FORGED SIGS TO PUSH FOR A LEGION SURRENDER.

'k, really folks, you've just got to stop all this ridiculous jibber-jabber. Both sides of this issue sound like their being argued by people that got dropped on their heads at birth.

Repeatedly dropped on their heads.

It's called a misunderstanding. Happens all the time. No reason for such prepubescent butthurt. Now hush and get back to your wars.

Reading all of this has caused me to have an aneurysm, so if you'll excuse me, I have an ambulance to catch.

[quote name='wandmdave' date='12 February 2010 - 01:33 AM' timestamp='1265956433' post='2177133']
Yes, I believe he meant white peace will not be offered again, meaning reps and therefore lengthy negotiations while everyone engaged with Legion pounds them.

Also (and this is actually serious), weren't you in Legion at one point Pez? I feel like you were but I cant honestly remember and I'm curious.
[/quote]

Yes, I was. A long, long time ago. It was my first alliance.

So far as reasonable behaviour and discourse go, you should all be ashamed of yourselves. Crymson and rsox would not be pleased.

Or, alternatively, people on Sparta's side can settle with "lolegion" or "haha purplol" while people that didn't like Sparta anyway can counter with "lolsparta" [you people aren't very original with your insults].

Seriously though, do people really think one alliance would try to get away with a fake surrender? Chill out, and accept that this was almost certainly a miscommunication error and not some nefarious plot to accomplish... something [out-weirding NpO, perhaps?]

If Legion wants to fight, let them do it.

[quote name='Matthew Conrad' date='12 February 2010 - 12:36 AM' timestamp='1265956597' post='2177144']
Goodness gracious, okay first off go to the channel listed in it. Second off, you're sadly mistaken if you seriously think I have the time or want to become Legion's viceroy.
[/quote]
So are you saying that everyone on the these forums should be well informed of an INSIDE joke? Why don't you also put the meaning of the joke in you signature so such misunderstandings won't happen?

[quote name='Seth Muscarella' date='12 February 2010 - 01:38 AM' timestamp='1265956701' post='2177148']
You're right, we did associate with you at some point in the past. However, unitedblahcentral wasn't privy to the knowledge of the past, from which we have been working to seek forgiveness from those we helped NPO to oppress.
[/quote]
Darkfall.

[quote name='unitedblahcentral' date='12 February 2010 - 01:38 AM' timestamp='1265956718' post='2177149']

[/quote]
I was making the point of saying you guys trolled us whereas we were only clarifying at the beginning of this thread.

[quote name='jacosby' date='12 February 2010 - 01:36 AM' timestamp='1265956586' post='2177142']
Once again Joracy, please educate us. Show the logs you speak of to your audience.
[/quote]

They were posted somewhere in the mess of threads this has created. Throughout the talks, Imperial assures Sparta there is no problem, and that he is speaking for Hubb, blah blah blah.

[quote name='jacosby' date='12 February 2010 - 01:39 AM' timestamp='1265956785' post='2177154']
So are you saying that everyone on the these forums should be well informed of an INSIDE joke? Why don't you also put the meaning of the joke in you signature so such misunderstandings won't happen?
[/quote]

That would just make a terrible looking sig...

Edited by Matthew Conrad

Jeebus. Such hissy fits. Some folks should really read up on the historical significance of trolling The Legion. You'll find that they've been trolled by much MUCH better trolling than what I've seen in this thread... Which BTW, is not surprisingly... Much ado about nothing really.

Carry on.

[quote name='jacosby' date='12 February 2010 - 01:39 AM' timestamp='1265956785' post='2177154']
[/quote]
Then it wouldn't be an inside joke? :mellow:

While I don't care for Sparta overmuch, I can't see them forging this stuff on purpose. I'm sure they thought they had a genuine surrender. However, when I read T Hubb's statement, I read it as someone confirming they understood what was said. Are there other logs or something that made you guys think Legion was actually surrendering? Or is the idea that they surrendered just from that snippet?

[quote name='Seth Muscarella' date='12 February 2010 - 04:38 PM' timestamp='1265956701' post='2177148']
[/quote]

Thats before the Karma War right? If thats the case then i truly have no idea what happened, and apologise for it.

[quote name='jacosby' date='11 February 2010 - 11:39 PM' timestamp='1265956785' post='2177154']
[/quote]
I'm sorry we struck a nerve with this simple graphic. We'll try to be more mindful in the future of our opponents that come into our public channel spouting untruth and mindless rabble.

FAKE EDIT: No, i don't mean Jack Diorno :-S

[quote name='Gunnar Griffin' date='12 February 2010 - 04:40 PM' timestamp='1265956846' post='2177156']
Darkfall.

I was making the point of saying you guys trolled us whereas we were only clarifying at the beginning of this thread.
[/quote]

I would agree with you, but i'll still be annoying. If you were seeking diplomatic channels, you would have been able to tell Sparta to call it off, or to not imply that Sparta is the antagonist, and Legion is the protagonist.