none

Completed Votes

-Edited Article 5, Section 1 - Passed

-Edited Article 4, Section 1 - Passed

-The Northern Republic Membership - Passed

-Motion to lower the Sarnungian Republic to partial member - Passed

Charter

Preamble:

In name of an effort to unite the peoples of the world the following signatories agree to respect and honour this treaty at all times. Brotherhood should not be based on location but on true cooperation, friendship, and loyalty.

Article I: Sovereignty

The Diamond Nations will recognize the right of national sovereignty of other members and will not violate this. Violations include but are not limited to Espionage, Military Operations, Economic Interference or Domestic Interference. Violating this Article will be punished each time individually fitting the situation. Punishments can include but are not limited to expulsion or even military action against the violator.

Article II: Economic

Section I:

The Merchants Commission will be formed where every member will get a vote. This commission will monitor the flow of trade between member nations and if needed take action.

Section II:

The Diamond Nations will ensure their borders are open to other nations in name of World Unity.

Section III:

To allow smooth travel each member nation will recognize the currency of other members and maintain fixed exchange rates based upon economic levels of a nation and decided by the Merchants Commission.

Section IV:

If blockades, embargoes, or general depression is brought upon an individual nation, it is obligated by the others to provide economic relief under the direction of the Merchants Commission.

Article III: Military

Section I:

A Diamond Commission for Military Affairs will be formed where all Founding and Full members will get a seat, this coalition will monitor the state of affairs in the world and if needed set up a military operation if needed. Every year the Commission will elect a Commander from one of the member nations to be in charge of Wartime Operations.

Section II:

In case of an attack on a Diamond Nation it will be considered an attack against all of The Diamonds; all Founding and Full members are to dedicate their forces to protect their comrades.

Section III:

To ensure a quick response in case of war against a Diamond Nation every Full or Founding Member will dedicate at least 10% of their Ground, Air and Naval Forces to the Diamond Army which in peace time will monitor Protectorates and in Wartime fight off enemies.

Article IV: Protectorates

Section I:

Protectorates of member nations will, at the discretion of said member nations, become part of the Diamond Protectorates; these are not to be used for expansion but as the name suggests to be protected against foreign influences. Diamond Nation operations within the Protectorate will be limited to protecting and helping local Governments maintain order until they have set themselves up to the levels of a nation capable to stand on its feet.

Section II:

Should a signatory or any other nation fall, the Diamond Nations will immediately assume priority over protectorating the fallen nation. If there is a possible conflict, a joint protectorate is authorized by this document.

Article V: Membership

Section I:

Membership will be divided into 2 different levels, Full Members are signatory of all Articles. Under them will be Partial members who are signatory of all articles with the exception of Article 3.

Section II:

Any nation, at any time, may request to become a Diamond Nation.

Article VI: Punishments

Section I:

Should any article of this treaty be violated all member nations except the one violating it will get a vote regarding what action to take. For a demotion to Partial Member a 50%+1 majority is required, for a full removal from the treaty a 75% Majority will suffice.

Section II:

Should above Section 1 Military Operations be considered all full and founding members will hold an additional vote. 50%+1 is required for a Military Operation to be held against a nation in violation of this treaty.

Section III:

Should Article 1 be violated Article 6, sections 1 and 2 will be considered void and Military Operations in addition to Expulsion will begin immediately.

Article VII:

Any member who wants to leave can do so by giving 72 hours notice to the other signatories. During this period no attack will be taken and should the leaving nation be a Full Member it will still have to defend members.

Signed,

For the Sarnungian Republic

King Sargun Iros Peaceheart II

1st Legislature of the Republic

For the Holy American Empire

Empress Jane Aurelia Louise Peacecraft

Emperor Kevin Michael Holihan

For the Queendom of Australia

Her Royal Highness Hannah Asgeirsson

His Grace Anthony Harlem, Grand Duke of Australia

For the Afro-Arabic Republic of Novak

James Nova, President of Novak

For the Rebel Army

Lavo Shalam, Prime Minister

Mohammed Hazzan, Minister of Foreign Affairs

For the Greater Pacifica

His Majesty Ryn Atrevier, King of Greater Pacifica

Rex Pacifica

For the Queendom of Acca Dacca,

Queen Ava Jones

The Melanesian Brotherhood (Parliament)

Brother Owen Gordon

Brother Nicholas Landy

Brother Cody McMurrough

Brother Andrew Reese

Brother Gregory Hunter

Brother Mitch Walker

Brother Arthur Emery

Brother Matthew Walker

Brother J. B. Brown

Brother Ryan King

Brother Mage Ya'luk

Brother John Storms

Brother Richard Higgins

For the Italian Federation

Thomas Dobbs, Presidente

Caterina Sforza, Prime Minster

Edited by Centurius

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Holy American Empire would like to propose editing the charter to remove the veto clause on membership and membership levels to 2, Full and Partial.

Article 4 Section 1 would become:

Membership will be divided into 2 different levels, Full Members are signatory of all Articles. Under them will be Partial members who are signatory of all articles with the exception of Article 3.

This change would allow a more effective procedure to pass issues.

New Article 4 Section 1:

Yes: 1

No: 0

Abstain: 0

Yes votes left to pass: 4

Nations left to vote: Sarnungian Republic, Australia, Novak, Rebel Army, Greater Pacifica, Acca Dacca, Italian Federation

The Holy American Empire would like to propose editing the charter to remove the veto clause on membership and membership levels to 2, Full and Partial.

Greater Pacifica Supports this measure.

New Article 4 Section 1:

Yes: 2

Yes votes left to pass: 3

Nations left to vote: Sarnungian Republic, Australia, Novak, Rebel Army, Acca Dacca, Italian Federation

The Sarnungian Republic supports this measure. However, we wish to clarify that it would be Article V, not Article IV, that is being edited. The article, and specifically that section, was in place because of the original plan which revolved around the three founding nations and a host of other nations that would eventually join the coalition. However, we had a much stronger opening and now we have many more founding nations than expected, which would essentially create a bloc within a bloc if we have a host of newer nations joining the coalition.

New Article V, Section I:

Yes: 3

Yes votes left to pass: 2

Nations left to vote: Australia, Novak, Rebel Army, Acca Dacca, Italian Federation

Edited by Sargun

Novak votes yes to this measure.

New Article V, Section I:

Yes: 4

Nations left to vote: Australia, Rebel Army, Acca Dacca, Italian Federation

OOC: Queendom of Acca Dacca

and sigs are:

For Acca Dacca,

Queen Ava Jones

The Melanesian Brotherhood (Parliament)

Brother Owen Gordon

Brother Nicholas Landy

Brother Cody McMurrough

Brother Andrew Reese

Brother Gregory Hunter

Brother Mitch Walker

Brother Arthur Emery

Brother Matthew Walker

Brother J. B. Brown

Brother Ryan King

Brother Mage Ya'luk

Brother John Storms

Brother Richard Higgins

IC:

Acca Dacca votesin favor of the change to the new Article V, Section I:

Yes: 5

Nations left to vote: Australia, Rebel Army, Italian Federation

"We would like to bring up an issue with the protectorate portion of the Diamond Pact. We feel that protectorates are a regional issue more so than an issue for this bloc to handle. For example, Africa has Aphrike while South America has the Holy American Empire. There is also the factor of the holders of the protectorate regions are more in tune to the region's needs and concerns as opposed to the entire bloc.To ensure better care for protectorates (and to remove foreign influence from the region as Section I of Article IV states), I propose we amend Section I of Article IV to state (amendment in bold):

Protectorates of member nations will, at the discretion of said member nations, become part of the Diamond Protectorates; these are not to be used for expansion but as the name suggests to be protected against foreign influences. Diamond Nation operations within the Protectorate will be limited to protecting and helping local Governments maintain order until they have set themselves up to the levels of a nation capable to stand on its feet.

Amendment to Article 4 Section 1:

Yes: 1

Yes votes left to pass: 4

Nations left to vote: Sarnungian Republic, Australia, Holy American Empire, Rebel Army, Greater Pacifica, Acca Dacca, Italian Federation

Edited by Voodoo Nova

With that amendment passed, another topic comes to mind.

As the Diamond stands; the most economically potent members are (in order of infra) the Holy American Empire, Rebel Army, and Greater Pacifica. Therefor we must establish common exchange rates fair enough to allow trade but regulated to not reduce the value of these currencies. Thoughts?

With that amendment passed, another topic comes to mind.

As the Diamond stands; the most economically potent members are (in order of infra) the Holy American Empire, Rebel Army, and Greater Pacifica. Therefor we must establish common exchange rates fair enough to allow trade but regulated to not reduce the value of these currencies. Thoughts?

"If I understand your statement correctly, such is already covered in the charter, Article 2, Section 3.

Article II: Economic

Section III:

To allow smooth travel each member nation will recognize the currency of other members and maintain fixed exchange rates based upon economic levels of a nation and decided by the Merchants Commission.

OOC: Can't we just assume the rates are already established? Please? :D

OOC: I'm not sure how much we can really work to develop exchange rates without them just being just very rough guesses. Exchange rates largely depend on governmental monetary policy not simply the GDP of the nation in question. My economy is RP'd in such a way that it would favor a stronger monetary policy and a currency of higher relative value, but I wouldn't say that would really give me any idea of where my currency would fit in with RA/HAE ect.

OOC: Money is particularly scarce in my country right now since people are struggling to live in cramped housing units and the job market has stalled [stopped buying infra for a while]. My currency has always been relatively low in international value, so it is a mystery how we could really do this especially with no actual rates and stuff. Especially with the rapid pace CNRP goes through.

OOC; Thank you, you guys. :wub:

IC: "I do, however, note that we have yet to settle two of the issues on the agenda, namely, the following."

Current Issues

-Nomination for Commander of Diamond Forces

-Nomination for Diamond Capital City

"Are we allowed to set forth one of our own for the Commander position? And before we settle on a capital, we need to establish what criterion we would use to select it. Something inland, perhaps? Something heavily fortified to prevent an attack by hostile forces?"

"I, for one, disagree with a choice for a capital city in the traditional sense. I would like to see a city with the title 'Capital City' and have it mainly be used for diplomatic or exhibition purposes. Anything of value would certainly not be kept in a publicly available spot. I am quite a fan of underground complexes, and we do have a large amount of desert land to make it essentially impossible to find via satellite."

"For the capital city, would we be looking at something that is heavily fortified, or a crown jewel of architectural and engineering wonder?"
"I, for one, disagree with a choice for a capital city in the traditional sense. I would like to see a city with the title 'Capital City' and have it mainly be used for diplomatic or exhibition purposes. Anything of value would certainly not be kept in a publicly available spot. I am quite a fan of underground complexes, and we do have a large amount of desert land to make it essentially impossible to find via satellite."

"I concur with the Sarnungian position. An 'official' capital, the one for diplomatic and exhibition purposes.

"The real capital should be an artificial city, away from civilians to minimize any casualties in the event of a surprise strike. The Sarnungian Republic is not the only one possessing such wuantities of desert...Australia and Rebel Army also possess such."

"I concur with the Sarnungian position. An 'official' capital, the one for diplomatic and exhibition purposes.

"The real capital should be an artificial city, away from civilians to minimize any casualties in the event of a surprise strike. The Sarnungian Republic is not the only one possessing such wuantities of desert...Australia and Rebel Army also possess such."

"Novak has one of the harshest deserts of any Diamond Pact Member. The Rub' al Khali has 330 meter sand dunes and summer temperatures of 55 Celcius. It is uninhabited currently, and perfect for an underground city for the Diamond Pact.

While deserts are a good place to hide we suggest something more dense, the Amazone is a terribly difficult area to navigate through, our best Commanders even have dificulties with it. This place would be good to hide such a complex not to forget the simple fact the majority of South America is Imperial hands.