On the subject of tech/land raiding

Arcades057

I would generally say around 10-15. But it's not so much a question of membership numbers that make them a target alliance for tech-raiding, but what are their connections. Opethian's PPF proved that even the smallest of alliances without treaties have big friends in high places and shouldn't be messed with.

Generally, a tech-raider should ask is the profit worth the risk.

Two. That's how it was with the first alliance, that's how it's always been, that's how it always should be.

I'd just change the "should be" for a "will be".

Two or more nations allied constitute an alliance, it's not a matter of opinions to define it.

Two. That's how it was with the first alliance, that's how it's always been, that's how it always should be.

And yet you're in an alliance with more than two. Doesn't that say something about the necessity of practicle defensive measures and the need for larger-sized alliances.

Edited by Ch33kY

And yet you're in an alliance with more than two. Doesn't that say something about the necessity of practicle defensive measures and the need for larger-sized alliances.

There is no NEED for larger alliances except as a matter of mutual escalation.

We allow raiding unaligned nations because they're potential recruits.

Nations that join solely out of fear make loyal members when the ability to cause that fear is removed.

If someone intimidates a nation into joining their alliance they are courting disaster by allowing a person with a reason to hold a grudge into their alliance where they can cause untold damage.

Tech raiding is strictly prohibited, even if the targets aren't in any alliances since they are potential recruits.

Tech raiding has been a semi-successful recruiting method for GOONS. No, we do not extort anyone. There are people who see what we do, and ask us to show them how to do it.

As for our tech raid targets; GOONS nations are permitted to tech raid alliances that have no significant diplomatic ties.

No, it says something about my natural animal magnetism. Besides, it'd be kind of rude to kick a bunch of people out just to make a point in some OWF thread. We're still under the limit for what most of the tech-raiding alliances consider to be an alliance. Of course, nobody would raid us anyway, because 1) we have no tech and 2) I'd do to them what I did to the last bunch of hooligans that tried to raid me;

pwnd1.png

I had a question the night before from a player regarding preventative measures to take in the event of a tech raid. The player is in an alliance of 15 nations so I have a feeling that the majority of tech-raiding alliances would leave them alone, as 15+ constitutes off-limits status.

Or am I wrong in that?

To the tech-raiding members of the forums, at what number does your alliance consider a group of nations as an alliance and off-limits to raiding?

(would make a poll, but isn't that kind of guy)

If you're looking for a "community standard" sort of thing, last time I looked (about a year ago) most of the alliance charters I reviewed were between 10 and 16 - and some alliances also have a total nation strength addition which is 100,000. The spread I've seen is from 3 to 20.

Here is my general advice to any small alliance. Work as hard as possible to get up to 16-19 and then stop. Then either get a Protector or an MDP with an alliance of at least around 100 or stay very, very quiet and deal with tech raids quietly. This doesn't mean accept them. I'd check and make sure that the raider is following his/her alliance rules (most do not) and if not, request reps very nicely and point out to the leadership the the rules are not being followed. If you are not going to sign some sort of treaty with another larger group, be very very military oriented complete with large war chests, staying in Defcon 1 most of the time and getting nukes for those in that range.

We don't tech raid, so no issue there.