Who's on the ball?

Schattenmann

We live in a unipolar world. Now, the general idea is that our current Bob is multi-polar with all the influential blocs, but the fact of the matter is that Citadel, with its vast upper ranks, is able to command a peace both actively, via standing up alongside allies, and passively, as alliances who may dislike each other suffer offenses for the sake of not giving their mutual foe another war it doesn't have to fight in.

hey dude let's have a 1v1 with mk lol

Rebel Virginia did not write that guide, he edited it. The actual writer used far too many expletives, as it was originally a guide written for GOONS, but they had disbanded.

Since then other have added to it, but the original writer currently sits at #1 in offensive and overall casualties and coaches "war" tactics to established members of the CN community. Funny no one has mentioned him yet...

Actually...No. Rebel Virginia really did write that.

Actually...No. Rebel Virginia really did write that.

Are you talking about the current one, or the one that was written by Bakunin's Dream? (and actually the current one has now been changed from the original, saying just "written by military high command")

Well, leading a fairly new alliance in a very old world I can see how things are playing out. The new nations don't change, like how we all were drawn to the game. Their views vary on our's. For example a member of mine thought he was an ally of Carthage, not in the alliance of Carthage and started posting in our embassy and everything. They play this game differently and we all feel that we should play the game the same.

There's a certain protocol to doing things, this game lacks creativity because honestly we've poured so much research to figure out ever angle of this game and how best to play it nothing's a mystery. Once we conform to a certain type of standard this game becomes monotonous and boring. Having good military and econ guys is nothing more than equipping your nations with the best resources to face whatever it is they need to face.

This game has become one-dimensional and brilliance hard to come by. The result is boredom and a severe reduction of quality play.

Rebel Virginia did not write that guide, he edited it. The actual writer used far too many expletives, as it was originally a guide written for GOONS, but they had disbanded.

Since then other have added to it, but the original writer currently sits at #1 in offensive and overall casualties and coaches "war" tactics to established members of the CN community. Funny no one has mentioned him yet...

I still have (and consult) your GOONS war guide, which, yes, you wrote and published on the GOONS forum a week or two before the UjW broke out. I posted it on Vox's first forum, even, but I'm not talking about that guide. Rebel Virginia and Electron Sponge panned your guide (I still ike it), then RV posted a guide that he said he wrote for NPO. I'm not a NPO historian, though, so I can only go on what he said, that he wrote it. Maybe Someone else wrote it and he updated it.

But, yes, you wrote a comprehensive war guide, plus an add-on nuke strategy. Besides a bunch of photographs of ~ members that Daemon had collected for lulz, the guide was the only thing I was able to personally save before 404 let the forum expire. It helped a certain Hidden GOONS agent land a job as MoD in a micro-alliance, which he rode to gov positions in other small alliances until the height of his career as host of This Week in Pacifica. "It's a small world after all; it's a small world after all; it's a small world after all; it's a small, small world!"

Well, leading a fairly new alliance in a very old world I can see how things are playing out. The new nations don't change, like how we all were drawn to the game. Their views vary on our's. For example a member of mine thought he was an ally of Carthage, not in the alliance of Carthage and started posting in our embassy and everything. They play this game differently and we all feel that we should play the game the same.

There's a certain protocol to doing things, this game lacks creativity because honestly we've poured so much research to figure out ever angle of this game and how best to play it nothing's a mystery. Once we conform to a certain type of standard this game becomes monotonous and boring. Having good military and econ guys is nothing more than equipping your nations with the best resources to face whatever it is they need to face.

This game has become one-dimensional and brilliance hard to come by. The result is boredom and a severe reduction of quality play.

An interesting take on it.

Edited by Schattenmann

Casualties != proficiency in the CN war system. It's actually the case that in some instances, high casualty count is the tell tale sign of someone who has failed to grasp the system.

If we're to give one individual credit then it can only be Diskord. Even then that's for the most part undeserved considering he had the hard code for the war system way before anyone else had touched on it. Also as a result he knew all the "tricks of the trade" or "bugs", which meant he and anyone he shared with could manipulate the war system.

Are you talking about the current one, or the one that was written by Bakunin's Dream? (and actually the current one has now been changed from the original, saying just "written by military high command")

Baks guide was the tidied up version of the GOON guide, with some new images and what not. I mean from memory the section on "Stadiums vs. Banks" in improvement order was explained via a direct quote from someone in GOONS. Major sections of the guide were also dependant on you have access to GOONS calculator. And from what I remember of your guides which you brought when you came from GOONS, they were hardly mind blowing.

Again if we're to give credit to any individuals in the realm of CN economics, then it'd be (DAC) and Steelrat who argueably "get" this game more than Admin himself.

I still have (and consult) your GOONS war guide, which, yes, you wrote and published on the GOONS forum a week or two before the UjW broke out. I posted it on Vox's first forum, even, but I'm not talking about that guide. Rebel Virginia and Electron Sponge panned your guide (I still ike it), then RV posted a guide that he said he wrote for NPO. I'm not a NPO historian, though, so I can only go on what he said, that he wrote it. Maybe Someone else wrote it and he updated it.

OK, then we're talking about two different things. And Electron Sponge panning a war guide is like me panning a how-to book on macrame. He should stick to getting into wars and leave the fighting to people who know how to do it.

Casualties != proficiency in the CN war system. It's actually the case that in some instances, high casualty count is the tell tale sign of someone who has failed to grasp the system.

If we're to give one individual credit then it can only be Diskord. Even then that's for the most part undeserved considering he had the hard code for the war system way before anyone else had touched on it. Also as a result he knew all the "tricks of the trade" or "bugs", which meant he and anyone he shared with could manipulate the war system.

Baks guide was the tidied up version of the GOON guide, with some new images and what not. I mean from memory the section on "Stadiums vs. Banks" in improvement order was explained via a direct quote from someone in GOONS. Major sections of the guide were also dependant on you have access to GOONS calculator. And from what I remember of your guides which you brought when you came from GOONS, they were hardly mind blowing.

Again if we're to give credit to any individuals in the realm of CN economics, then it'd be (DAC) and Steelrat who argueably "get" this game more than Admin himself.

LJ, as I've stated before, my casualties aren't so high because I lose all the battles, my casualties are so low because I actually win. The guide was never supposed to be "mind blowing," it was a rehash of a rehash of a rehash that happened to fit a particular era of combat rather well; as evidenced by it becoming the standard for a time.

LJ, as I've stated before, my casualties aren't so high because I lose all the battles, my casualties are so low because I actually win. The guide was never supposed to be "mind blowing," it was a rehash of a rehash of a rehash that happened to fit a particular era of combat rather well; as evidenced by it becoming the standard for a time.

Yeah I'm not saying specifically your high (in comparison to the vast majority of CN) casualty count is due to misunderstanding the war system. I was just stating that for some people this is the case. I mean there are times when it is tacticly advantageous to "turtle", but often people will avoid that purely because it was instilled into the community that was "cowardly" and "not how you fight a war". Similarly NPO did the same with peace mode during the war against GATO, turning what is a major part of the war system into a taboo. Even now if a war broke out and Alliance X put say their top tier all into peace mode they'd be mocked for their "cowardly" action, when really they've just grasped the system better.

But yeah like I said before, those who are at the top of the field now are the diplomats, and the ones whom are able to manipulate the bigger picture. If that is done correctly then everything else should fall into place.

We live in a unipolar world. Now, the general idea is that our current Bob is multi-polar with all the influential blocs, but the fact of the matter is that Citadel, with its vast upper ranks, is able to command a peace both actively, via standing up alongside allies, and passively, as alliances who may dislike each other suffer offenses for the sake of not giving their mutual foe another war it doesn't have to fight in.

This isn't true. It's not Citadel's fault that others are scared of their own shadows and petrified by possible hypothetical scenarios of what might happen if they actually take a stand.

This isn't true. It's not Citadel's fault that others are scared of their own shadows and petrified by possible hypothetical scenarios of what might happen if they actually take a stand.

Then whenever anyone does try and take a stand though, all their allies desert them and the hegemons send pawns out to crush them.