Game Update

Slayer99

Defcon Level Change  

703 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Defcon doesn't increase soldier effectiveness, but battle strength. Thus, if someone had their soldier efficiency boosted by 200%, one wouldn't fight at 176%, but at around 152%, whilst at Defcon 1, one would enjoy the full increase on the efficiency. That's quite a difference which can be decisive in an update blitz.

Good point. But is it more decisive than several other factors? Having full soldiers? The difference in how many soldiers each side can have in a fight? Military improvements (especially guerrilla camps)? Coordinating attacks? Being around to refill your defending soldiers as you are attacked? Technology levels?

Edit to add: I don't think its likely that one side in an alliance war would all be at defcon 5 and the other at defcon 1. Unless they tricked the other into thinking the war would be with a different party.

Edited by Azaghul

He was referring to Diskord, who happens to be the only person in the game with more casualties than me :wacko:

Yay for tech raiding...

But in all seriousness, I'm sorry but I can't support this change, something like Defcon was never broken, there is no need to try and fix it. This proposal is ludicrous and if you want this for more 'RLness' in the game then we need to change deployment, aircraft, etc. Please just give us back Defcon.

If someone launched an all-out nuclear war upon your nation irl, nothing prevents you from going from defcon 5 to defcon 1 instantly.

If the mechanic must change, I would be in favor of an instant-change, with slow return method like, Able to go to defcon 1 from defcon 5 instantly, but because of the difference between def 5 and def 1, you wouldn't be able to change your defcon level for 4 days after you switch. To prevent the unreality of changing to defcon 5 before update to collect, and bck to defcon 1 after update for war benefits.

Good point. But is it more decisive than several other factors? Having full soldiers? The difference in how many soldiers each side can have in a fight? Military improvements (especially guerrilla camps)? Coordinating attacks? Being around to refill your defending soldiers as you are attacked? Technology levels?

I said this earlier, and I'll say it again. Say you have a guerrilla camp. Fine. And you are at Defcon 5. Sure. So then, you have 100% base attack + 35% added bonus. Sounds good eh? Oh wait. Thats right. You're in Defcon 5! So you have to multiply that by .74 to get the real number. 135 * .75 = 102.4. Thats a 32.6% loss. Its obviously minuscule.

I thought you understood how the combat system worked from your 10 rogue veterancy. But it's good that you're asking questions. Implies a desire to learn...

However, I recommend experience as the best teacher in matters of war.

No one is ever going to buy a guerrilla camp. Ever. Unless you have 29732183 citizens and enough money to waste on the waste of space that is Geurilla camps. You really have no idea what your talking about, you have never been in a real war, and probably never will. This change doesn't effect you, stop arguing about it.

Go be a hippie somewhere else please.

alliance wars = 5 days of staring at each other, then...ATTACK

Alliances wars aka Cold War

Sit and stare at each other.... oh look my military is bigger than yours.

If both sides are at defcon 5, how is it that different from both being at defcon 1?

Because it's stupid and soldiers are more expensive.

Edited by Jphillips412

Good lord.That is the most ridiculous change that could be made to the game.

I believe Diskord said something in the other thread about it not being realistic for a military to change Defcon in 1 day.That is so totally false.Defcon can be changed in minutes,hours at the most.It would take less than a day for most units to go from readiness Defcon 5 to 1.And much less than a day to go the other way.

This would only result in Alliances going from Defcon 5 to 4 before attacking, giving a 1 day lead to the attacker as each side worked it's way to Defcon 1.

Basically this would seriously tone down the effects of the before/after update blitz.This would prolong wars immeasurably.Some may take that as good or bad.

The only people to benefit big time from a change like this would be rogues.And it would take longer to deal with them.

I thought you understood how the combat system worked from your 10 rogue veterancy. But it's good that you're asking questions. Implies a desire to learn...

However, I recommend experience as the best teacher in matters of war.

Rhetorical questions.

That have been answered over and over again. Mathematically speaking (and in practice), Defcon is the biggest decider on how well you do in a war.

More then the 225% bonus that having guerrilla camps and barracks have?

A nation with 100% (defcon 1 but no camps or barracks) is less than someone at 240.5 (325x.74, has those improvements but at defcon 5). Of course their are other bonuses but I think I've made my point.

Edited by Azaghul

More then the 225% bonus that having guerrilla camps and barracks have?

A nation with 100% (defcon 1 but no camps or barracks) is less than someone at 240.5 (325x.74, has those improvements but at defcon 5). Of course their are other bonuses but I think I've made my point.

No, defcon levels are still the biggest decider on how well you do in a war. Not only do they effect soldier battle strength which is huge in war performance but they lower costs as well.