Game Update

Slayer99

Defcon Level Change  

703 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I no longer see this in the Admin's (the Almighty!) update logs.. its possible that all our prayers reached him on high and he decided to think about it some more.

Its this http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?s...mp;#entry196308 for now.

The coming days will decide our fate. I, like the rest of my kin, do not support these tweaks for the game. May god have mercy on our souls.

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about this... Just before an attack, have your alliance members switch to a different AA one at a time, then run a spy mission on them to get them to DEFCON 1, then have them come back to their original AA. That way, you go from DEFCON 5 to 1 *just like that*! ::snaps fingers::

It's a cumbersome and expensive workaround if the plan does happen, but it can be done.

If people are pissed off about DEFCON 2-4 not being used, just delete them and have DEFCON 1 and 5 as the only ones in the game.

My idea is to have a Communications Center as a national wonder so that the nations military is warned faster so that the DEFCON is changed fast/instantly.

Small nations which have a small land area have their DEFCON changed fast/instantly but large nations without the Communications Center takes time and does not happen instantly/slow.

You can do this with a Communications Center or a with a certain amount of tech

From an alliance where war is a common occurrence it is not a great idea. However, I think that it is important to realize that in RL countries can not mobilize over night and many peaceful nations do not even have a standing army. I think that if this Defcon change is going to be permanent then there should at least be a wonder or something that allows the Defcons to be changed instantly. ( Defcon 5 to Defcon 1 etc.)

The U.S. military can land forces anywhere within 2 days in the real world, so why would it take five for it to call up troops in the situation of going to Defcon 1?

Horrible analogy. Only like the top 1% of nations in the game would be considered equivalent to the US. And the US military can't send Defcon 1-type troops anywhere in the world within 2 days. They can make quick and surgical hits. It would take months to move an invasion force into place.

People, I think you've been playing Cybernations WAY too long. DEFCON is in response to NUCLEAR Threats, we don't piddle with it when we are fighting conventional wars. As such, DEFCON shows how close we are to deploying OUR Nuclear Weapons. If you ever hear that the US Military went DEFCON 1, either you're already dead from the Enemies Nuclear Weapons or you should beat feat to the deepest hole you can find.