The Queendom of Australia

Sarah Tintagyl

A small section of armed soldiers arrived at the coronation of the new Australian Queen, they carried their weapons with pride and ignored the glances they recieved from civilians nearby. The wore the uniforms of the now defunct nation of Helzan and it wouldn't be quite clear if they still followed their orders or had gone rogue. Regardless they made their way inside stopping first to allow the guards of the building to check that their weapon safties were on and that they were unloaded.

Once done with the simple procedure the small group made their way inside and without even thinking og the other guests and attendents they made their way across the floor to the Queen. Coming to a stop a few short steps of the Queen and the Grand Duke. "Firstly allow me to congratulate you your highness on you successful coronation. Now with pleasntries aside I have a matter I need to discuss with both yourself and the Grand Duke" spoke the leader of the group, he was well into his forties but that didn't seem to have any detrimental effect on his health or fitness and he stood with the expression that he wouldn't be declined and was just waiting for permission to speak.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"The Queendom of Zargathia congratulates the Queendom of Australia. May the nation continue to flourish under your rule."

*** Classified to Australia ***

"Though you have mentioned all treaties to be carried over, and Zargathia holds individual alliance and MDP treaties with both respective countries already, what are the plans for former Promised Land's status within the AUP? We recall the views of both nations to differ strongly on this point, and would like to know what the official stance would be on this matter."

"I will--" he whispered into her ear. "--My Queen."

Hannah looked back up at the Grand Duke of Australia and nodded her head. "I know you will. We shall do this together. But come, we have a nation to attend to. Your Grace." She turned and held his hand as the two walked down the stairs towards the main congregation and the guests that had gathered.

After waiting a few moments, the doors opened and Kintober fought his way through the throngs of statespersons, royalty, and high-ranking officials to get to where Hannah was. "Queen Asgeirsson! Queen Asgeirsson! Over here!" He called, hoping to get her attention.

As they walked down to the isle, a familiar voice crossed Hannah's ears as she looked further down the isle and her face immediately lit up. It had seemed like forever since she had seen Kintobor and now he had been able to make it to her coronation as Queen of Australia , she couldn't be more thankful. "Kintobor!" She called out and ran over towards him embracing him lightly as well. "Its so good to see you again. How are things in the Eggman Empire?"

"My Queen...You have finally fulfilled the dream of every loyal citizen of the Hansa, the dream we have all fought for and bled for. In this moment the darkness, war and misery are finally fulfilled to a better purpose...please, hear your servant. Do not push away this light that shines from you. You are not merely the stalwart General anymore...you are the Queen, both strong and beautiful, and your smile and words will carry this country even as your strength and authority has to this point. Embrace this Light, my Queen, and bring to your people an Empire of Light."

A bit before as they had been coming down from the altar, Luis de Luit had appeared from the congregation and knelt down to the ground near Hannah's feet. "Sarah trusted you Luis and I plan to trust you as well. You helped create the Commonwealth into the country it was at the Fall and I hope that you will assist in the same way to make the Queendom a strong nation, a nation to be feared and respected around the world. Your compliments are too much, but I thank you for every word you have said and I promise, Australia, like the Hansa before shall be a shining light for the world to follow."

"Firstly allow me to congratulate you your highness on you successful coronation. Now with pleasantries aside I have a matter I need to discuss with both yourself and the Grand Duke" spoke the leader of the group, he was well into his forties but that didn't seem to have any detrimental effect on his health or fitness and he stood with the expression that he wouldn't be declined and was just waiting for permission to speak.

Unfortunately, the Helzan men were not allowed to enter into the cathedral with weapons of any kind. With the entire Lillian Guard on patrol around the cathedral they were not about to let anything that could be used as a weapon inside the coronation. If the troopers had complied with those orders then they would be allowed inside and could get an audience with the Queen. Once those orders were accepted and the men would appear in front of Hannah and Anthony. "Please, state your business then."

"Though you have mentioned all treaties to be carried over, and Zargathia holds individual alliance and MDP treaties with both respective countries already, what are the plans for former Promised Land's status within the AUP? We recall the views of both nations to differ strongly on this point, and would like to know what the official stance would be on this matter."

"Since our government is still being set up, at the moment we have not been able to list out which treaties that will be a problem in the Queendom and those that will be accepted. We expect this to be solved within the week and will gladly send our messages back to Zargathia and the AUP where Australia's stance lies."

Hannah looked back up at the Grand Duke of Australia and nodded her head. "I know you will. We shall do this together. But come, we have a nation to attend to. Your Grace." She turned and held his hand as the two walked down the stairs towards the main congregation and the guests that had gathered.

His smile was still strained somewhat from the public nature of this gathering, but it was a genuine epression.

"Thank you, Your Majesty."

Unfortunately, the Helzan men were not allowed to enter into the cathedral with weapons of any kind. With the entire Lillian Guard on patrol around the cathedral they were not about to let anything that could be used as a weapon inside the coronation. If the troopers had complied with those orders then they would be allowed inside and could get an audience with the Queen. Once those orders were accepted and the men would appear in front of Hannah and Anthony. "Please, state your business then."

"I think I know why they're here," he whispered into Hannah's ear. "it's not widely known, since it was kept as classified, But Promised Land had a treaty of Mutual Defence with Helzan. They're probably concerned with their status in the new Queendom."

"Since our government is still being set up, at the moment we have not been able to list out which treaties that will be a problem in the Queendom and those that will be accepted. We expect this to be solved within the week and will gladly send our messages back to Zargathia and the AUP where Australia's stance lies."

"Definitely one issue we need to settle quickly," he whispered quietly, almost to himself.

The Yuktobanian Prime Minister was decked out in a fancy crimson dress made by the finest dressmakers in Cinigrad. She wanted to personally congratulate the new Queen of Australia. She saw Hannah from a distance, and said "Queen Asgeirsson, it is a pleasure to see you again." She smiled, then continued, "Times sure have changed, haven't they?"

As they walked down to the isle, a familiar voice crossed Hannah's ears as she looked further down the isle and her face immediately lit up. It had seemed like forever since she had seen Kintobor and now he had been able to make it to her coronation as Queen of Australia , she couldn't be more thankful. "Kintobor!" She called out and ran over towards him embracing him lightly as well. "Its so good to see you again. How are things in the Eggman Empire?"

Kintober returned the hug, and grinned at her. "Well my queen..." he replied with a slight jest, "...so far so good. Ty Eyvindsson has just recently given us permission to subjugate the break-away province of Osea. I suspect the invasion is currently underway. But lets not sour this reunion with talk of war." Kintober said, and veered the discussion away from the topic. "I must say I'm not the least bit surprised of your accomplishments to date. I knew that if anyone could restore the Hansa of old, it would be you. After you passed all the trials I put you through, I knew you were a notch above most. Your mental and emotional strength is one I wish my generals shared. You've certainly made good your promise to yourself and I all those many month ago." He said. The pride and warmth was evident in his voice, like he was talking to a child that had just won a gold medal in spite of stiff adversity. "I must say, I've also noticed your Lillian Guard. Should I be filling a copyright infringement suit?" He joked. Then his face grew a bit more serious. "I don't suppose that after all the pomp and ceremony is finished, we could have a word in private? It's about Hank and...his boss he works for."

Edited by DrKintobor

The Yuktobanian Prime Minister was decked out in a fancy crimson dress made by the finest dressmakers in Cinigrad. She wanted to personally congratulate the new Queen of Australia. She saw Hannah from a distance, and said "Queen Asgeirsson, it is a pleasure to see you again." She smiled, then continued, "Times sure have changed, haven't they?"

The Queen smiled as she bowed her head accordingly to Renzov. "Yes, yes they have Catherine. I never in my wildest dreams would have fancied me a queen. But such is how the world works I guess. But I can promised you this that Australia will be just as benevolent as its two nations before it. I might be a bit shaky and rough on the outside and..." She chuckled. "Maybe even more so on the inside. But I can assure that Australia will be the forefront of stability and understanding in Oceania. I may be a warrior, but I am a servant to my people's well being first and for that. We cannot have war."

Hannah pulled her closer after her initial statement. "But I want you to stick around Catherine after the festivities. I have something that I think you would be interested in having. Think of it as a gift from one friend to another."

Kintober returned the hug, and grinned at her. "Well my queen..." he replied slightly jestingly, "...so far so good. Ty Eyvindsson has just recently given us permission to subjugate the break-away province of Osea. I suspect the invasion is currently underway. But lets not sour this reunion with talk of war." Kintober said, and veered the discussion away from the topic. "I must say I'm not the least bit surprised of your accomplishments to date. I knew that if anyone could restore the Hansa of old, it would be you. I must say, I've also noticed your Lillian Guard. Should I be filling a copyright infringement suit?" He joked. Then his face grew a bit more serious. "I don't suppose that after all the pomp and ceremony is finished, we could have a word in private? It's about Hank and...his boss he works for."

"You do me too much honor my friend." Hannah smiled at him and then listened to his quip about the Lillian Guard which she chuckled for, however on mentioning Hank, her demeanor became much more serious. "Speaking of his boss. I think I have my own secrets to share then about something that is beyond my control, or at least that I am in control of, but it is of a most dynamic nature. If we need to Sammyace, we can go and speak about this now. I have no problems with it. It is a matter of national and my own security...and...if my friend is right. The world."

From the back of the congregation, David Atkinson smiled. He was dressed in his dress blacks, with sky blue trim, medals and campaign bars all aligned. He had spent the previous day polishing his shoes so much he could down and see his smile in them. He decided he wouldn't bother the newly anointed Queen now. Instead, he hung at the back of the throng of people until he was almost certain he'd caught her eye and flashed her a smile, and then he donned his black cap and walked away.

The Queen smiled as she bowed her head accordingly to Renzov. "Yes, yes they have Catherine. I never in my wildest dreams would have fancied me a queen. But such is how the world works I guess. But I can promised you this that Australia will be just as benevolent as its two nations before it. I might be a bit shaky and rough on the outside and..." She chuckled. "Maybe even more so on the inside. But I can assure that Australia will be the forefront of stability and understanding in Oceania. I may be a warrior, but I am a servant to my people's well being first and for that. We cannot have war."

Hannah pulled her closer after her initial statement. "But I want you to stick around Catherine after the festivities. I have something that I think you would be interested in having. Think of it as a gift from one friend to another."

"Alright, your majesty." Catherine said, "In the meantime, have fun, you are queen of a wonderful country and I hope that you will enjoy yourself on this glorious day my friend."

Congratulations on Australian Unification

Free from the turmoil of other regions, a continent united in peace, Australia may be the last bastion of sanity in an increasingly mad world.

Procinctia recognizes Queendom of Australia, however, Procinctia will not give up either embassy building from either Promised Land or Hansean diplomatic missions – Procinctia will just have two have in embassies in one country.

Tropico2.gif

From the office of Liska Atka, acting Generalissimo of Procinctia

"You do me too much honor my friend." Hannah smiled at him and then listened to his quip about the Lillian Guard which she chuckled for, however on mentioning Hank, her demeanor became much more serious. "Speaking of his boss. I think I have my own secrets to share then about something that is beyond my control, or at least that I am in control of, but it is of a most dynamic nature. If we need to Sammyace, we can go and speak about this now. I have no problems with it. It is a matter of national and my own security...and...if my friend is right. The world."

Kintober nodded somberly. "Anytime ASAP would be appreciated." He leaned forward and quietly said "Due to the nature of the situation, I believe it would be best if we talked in absolute privacy. Find an empty room, station your guards outside, and lock the doors to keep the unwanted out. This may sound paranoid, but I believe our opponents in this little game can turn anyone into a spy." Kintober's voice was once of utmost seriousness. "I'll be mingling around over there, come get me when you have a chance." Kintober said, pointing to a mostly vacant corner of the hall.

From the back of the congregation, David Atkinson smiled. He was dressed in his dress blacks, with sky blue trim, medals and campaign bars all aligned. He had spent the previous day polishing his shoes so much he could down and see his smile in them. He decided he wouldn't bother the newly anointed Queen now. Instead, he hung at the back of the throng of people until he was almost certain he'd caught her eye and flashed her a smile, and then he donned his black cap and walked away.

Hannah couldn't help but smirk and wear an honest smile at the pilot. She winked at him as he smiled at her, before duties called her to other guests away from the pilot. Though if it allowed, she would be back to talk to him again.

Kintober nodded somberly. "Anytime ASAP would be appreciated." He leaned forward and quietly said "Due to the nature of the situation, I believe it would be best if we talked in absolute privacy. Find an empty room, station your guards outside, and lock the doors to keep the unwanted out. This may sound paranoid, but I believe our opponents in this little game can turn anyone into a spy." Kintober's voice was once of utmost seriousness. "I'll be mingling around over there, come get me when you have a chance." Kintober said, pointing to a mostly vacant corner of the hall.

"Understood, as soon as things calm down here we can head up to my dressing room. I think that will be private enough for now." She touched the Eggman Emperor on the shoulder and smiled. "And don't worry, I almost beat him once, with a little more training and a bit more help from the sky. Hank doesn't stand a chance again a little spitfire queen."

Anthony, not really much of a public figure before this, didn't really have a lot of questions and people to fend off, other than a few expressing their well-wishes. Even during all the handshaking and the pleasantries, he kept at least one eye trained on Hannah at all times. He had to wonder how she might know Kintober. He'd never met the man in person. Perhaps he ought to change that...

Once the Emperor finished talking to her, Anthony strolled up to him. "Sammyace Kintober, I presume? I don't think we've ever had the pleasure of meeting." he offered a hand to shake...

A bottle of expensive wine and a card was sent to the leaders of the Queendom.

"Congratulations, I may need to visit sometime. Signed, President Uberstein."

A private note was sent in reply.

"Thank you, Father. And that invitation to visit is still an open one."

~Anthony

Anthony, not really much of a public figure before this, didn't really have a lot of questions and people to fend off, other than a few expressing their well-wishes. Even during all the handshaking and the pleasantries, he kept at least one eye trained on Hannah at all times. He had to wonder how she might know Kintober. He'd never met the man in person. Perhaps he ought to change that...

Once the Emperor finished talking to her, Anthony strolled up to him. "Sammyace Kintober, I presume? I don't think we've ever had the pleasure of meeting." he offered a hand to shake...

Kintober looked at him and raised an eyebrow. None the less, he accepted Anthony's handshake. "Goodday to you to sir. No, I don't believe we've ever had the pleasure of meeting. Although I feel in the coming months, we might have the opportunity to get to know each other better. I must say, congratulations on your appointment to Duke. If Queen Hannah trust you with this must power, I suppose you've done something outstanding to earn that trust. Therefore, since you are a friend of Hannah's, you're a friend of mine, and of the Eggman Empire. So tell me, what can I do for you?" Kintober stated. He talked as if he was reading from a factbook, but he was genuine about his comments.

Edited by DrKintobor

He'd met plenty of people that talked like that; he refused to make judgements on Kintober's sincerity.

"Thank you. I was actually a personal friend of Sarah Tintagyl. Perhaps she, wherever she is, recommended me to the new Queen."

"And since you say you are a friend of Her Majesty...perhaps there is something we could work out. The Queendom's forces are going to need a lot of integration. And some of them have never seen temperatures below boiling," he joked. "But in all seriousness, we might need to train them for cold-weather combat. Perhaps we could work out some sort of reciprocal agreement concerning cross-training?"

Nebu sat amongst the crowd in the Cathedral, disguised so he would not be recognized. With a smile on his face, he stated to his Secretary of State Ja'hina. 'This seems to make Miss Hannah very proud, and looks as if two long lost family members have joined together after being lost for decades... I just hope this will last and we will see a new great, and friendly nation out of this.'

'The Taiwanese Empire would like to congratulate the two nations for the unification under a single banner. May the future hold nothing but luck to you.'

He'd met plenty of people that talked like that; he refused to make judgements on Kintober's sincerity.

"Thank you. I was actually a personal friend of Sarah Tintagyl. Perhaps she, wherever she is, recommended me to the new Queen."

"And since you say you are a friend of Her Majesty...perhaps there is something we could work out. The Queendom's forces are going to need a lot of integration. And some of them have never seen temperatures below boiling," he joked. "But in all seriousness, we might need to train them for cold-weather combat. Perhaps we could work out some sort of reciprocal agreement concerning cross-training?"

Kintober nodded, seeing the wisdom in Anthony's proposition. "That is a capital suggestion. It certainly has merit. I would approve it if it ever came through official channels. Of course, my Minister of Defense, Phil Ryst, would be the one to contact to work out all the details. I can tell you, there's no better place then the Artic circle to do some cold-weather training. Average daytime temperatures in the summer barely ever pass 55 °F. Most of our wintertime stays below freezing as well. However, I think it would be good to put my troops through some hot-weather training. This country seems just fine. In addition to ground exercises, I think we should try to fit in Air and Naval war games. What do you think?"

The People's Democratic Haruhiist Republic of Karafuto is most pleased to see this unification take place. A traditional Japanese basket of assorted candy, goodies, and packaged food has been sent to both Mr Anthony and Miss Hannah respectively. While we are a socialist nation, we hold no grudge against monarchies, especially those in liberal taste.

Gaunter watched the procedings in silence. While New South Wales was friendly with both nations, this union troubled him for reasons that he himself could not comprehend. To take his mind off his troubled thoughts, he mulled over the roundabout joureny he had taken to reach this stage, as the President of the Republic of New South Wales. Williams was beside him, focussing on Anthony Harlem, demasked in public for the first time to his knowledge. He found the whole ceremony vaguely amusing. Raglan was in his black dress uniform, his medals for valour gleaming on the top row. He was focussed on the doors and windows, expecting trouble at any moment. When the ceremony ended, they would leave without drawing any special attention. They all had work to do.

With the coronation beginning to wrap up and the festivities beginning to travel beyond the Cathedral itself, Hannah found no better time than to talk with Kintobor about their little problem. Excusing herself from a conversation between two Hanseatic corporate executives, deemed in her mind, the worst kind of people. She found the Eggman Emperor quietly chatting with the Grand Duke himself. "I'm sorry to bother you both." She said walking over to the two men. "But this is very important Anthony, remember the hell I had talked about when we first met. Well, yeah, this is like central to that."

Taking Kintobor by the arm, she led him quietly up the stone stairs of the cathedral bringing two Lillians with her as guards. Reaching the dressing room, they walked inside, the two alone, as Hannah sat down in a chair opposite the window and sighed. "Thank God I don't have to wear this every day." She said looking down at her gown. "I'm dying of heat exhaustion in this." Hannah undid her collar and wiped her sweating neck with a piece of cloth before she looked up to the Emperor again. "So, before I spill probably the strangest thing that's ever happened to me, what's your story?"

Kintober nodded, seeing the wisdom in Anthony's proposition. "That is a capital suggestion. It certainly has merit. I would approve it if it ever came through official channels. Of course, my Minister of Defense, Phil Ryst, would be the one to contact to work out all the details. I can tell you, there's no better place then the Artic circle to do some cold-weather training. Average daytime temperatures in the summer barely ever pass 55 °F. Most of our wintertime stays below freezing as well. However, I think it would be good to put my troops through some hot-weather training. This country seems just fine. In addition to ground exercises, I think we should try to fit in Air and Naval war games. What do you think?"

Anthony nodded. "War Games would be an excellent idea. I shall talk to Mr. Ryst at the first opportunity. Thank you for talking to me."

With the coronation beginning to wrap up and the festivities beginning to travel beyond the Cathedral itself, Hannah found no better time than to talk with Kintobor about their little problem. Excusing herself from a conversation between two Hanseatic corporate executives, deemed in her mind, the worst kind of people. She found the Eggman Emperor quietly chatting with the Grand Duke himself. "I'm sorry to bother you both." She said walking over to the two men. "But this is very important Anthony, remember the hell I had talked about when we first met. Well, yeah, this is like central to that."

Taking Kintobor by the arm, she led him quietly up the stone stairs of the cathedral bringing two Lillians with her as guards. Reaching the dressing room, they walked inside, the two alone, as Hannah sat down in a chair opposite the window and sighed. "Thank God I don't have to wear this every day." She said looking down at her gown. "I'm dying of heat exhaustion in this." Hannah undid her collar and wiped her sweating neck with a piece of cloth before she looked up to the Emperor again. "So, before I spill probably the strangest thing that's ever happened to me, what's your story?"

"That's all right, we were just finishing up anyway." He couldn't help but stare curiously as she escorted the Emperor away.

But he couldn't stare too long, he had work to do as the new Grand Duke.

After meeting with the newly crowned Queen, Catherine decided to meet the new Grand Duke of Australia. Passing through the large crowds and multiple nobles, political and business leaders and other citizens. She finally came across the Grand Duke. Extending her hand, she said, "It is a pleasure to see you. But I don't think we have met, my name is Catherine Reznov, Prime Minister of Yuktobania, and you are?"

"Greetings your majesty, my name is John Black and I am here to represent the now ex-members of the Helzan military currently located within your territory. After a short but important discussion we have decided to rely on ourselves and become a mercenary compnay and organisation. We had hoped to do so in Promised Land as they knew we were reliable however, your movements have that impossible. That is why I ask for your permission for us to set up a location within your land to build our own city"