Most Influential Events/Alliances/People in TE History

Varianz

Tournament Edition History  

150 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Anyone Voting for Tibs is a fool <.<

a point of clarification though Tibs, MI did more to prevent this style of play we see now than anything. You could make the argument that the ensuing power vacuum that was created by our absence caused a lot of the !@#$ that we see in TE now, but thats not really our fault ;)

MI was suicidal in our pursuit of wrecking !@#$ and daring people to "bring it" I still think had we not made some of the choices regarding our tech raiding policy and the beazy doctrine, MI would have lasted longer than we did, but thats neither here nor there

also where the hell is Bamabuc in the poll for most influential person? he had the GREATEST spy operation ever created in TE

Edited by elborrador

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone Voting for Tibs is a fool <.<

a point of clarification though Tibs, MI did more to prevent this style of play we see now than anything. You could make the argument that the ensuing power vacuum that was created by our absence caused a lot of the !@#$ that we see in TE now, but thats not really our fault ;)

MI was suicidal in our pursuit of wrecking !@#$ and daring people to "bring it" I still think had we not made some of the choices regarding our tech raiding policy and the beazy doctrine, MI would have lasted longer than we did, but thats neither here nor there

also where the hell is Bamabuc in the poll for most influential person? he had the GREATEST spy operation ever created in TE

Yes to the first, yes to the second, yes to the third, and maybe to the fourth. I never knew the full extent of his operation, but I have to say mine was pretty big at it's height in Round 6.

That's the true sign of influence, when others don't even notice ;)

Even in retirement you steal my lines! :P

Seriously, the most influential players of this game are not going to be chosen. What you'll get are the most outspoken players whose names people heard the most and held the highest positions in said group and/or caused the most chaos.

As for situations, you'll either get the first of an event, or you'll get the biggest bloodfest possible.

The average player doesn't have the knowledge or the patience to pick a more proper answer and you know that Tiberius.

The simple fact your name is attributed in the top ranks over Thai is proof.

He was also the guy who got anarchied at 3 NS with 18 days of inactive (back when 20 days = deleted). :awesome:

Edited by Arrnea

Are you sure this post is not just a chance for you to massage your ego Tiberius? were you the one who mentioned posting it up? I bet you were. Another chance to claim "your the most powerful man in cnte". Another chance to show people what a kn%$$£r you are.

Man your so transparent it is like looking through glass.

Most influential alliance is no surprises RE.

Most influential person no surprises he throws his name in there.

Try being humble go on, you might like it. Instead of being a narsasistic ,self absorbed, ego caressing nuttjob.

Are you sure this post is not just a chance for you to massage your ego Tiberius? were you the one who mentioned posting it up? I bet you were. Another chance to claim "your the most powerful man in cnte". Another chance to show people what a kn%$$£r you are.

Man your so transparent it is like looking through glass.

Most influential alliance is no surprises RE.

Most influential person no surprises he throws his name in there.

Try being humble go on, you might like it. Instead of being a narsasistic ,self absorbed, ego caressing nuttjob.

I never claimed I was going to be humble you moron. And amazingly, I didn't bring the topic up, it was a natural conversation for two people who've been around since Round 3. This thread itself was my idea. And I've already mentioned that I don't think I was the most influential in TE history, that fun honor falls to Elb, who, despite having a shorter time on top, had a longer lasting impact. Of course I included both myself and my alliance in the poll- I don't think anyone will dispute the fact that we were/are very influential. I also included many vastly smaller alliances, and much less influential people, because I wanted to give people a broad range of choices. You may have a problem with me because I pissed your alliance off, but that doesn't change any facts about what I've done in this game, nor does it make this poll wrong.

I would challenge anyone to give a legitimate reason why I or Roman Empire should not be included on that list. Go on, support the poor boy in his pathetic attempts to troll me.

Haha poor boy, I'm hurt, really hurt. You don't know the meaning of humble ;) What a surprise, it was your idea to post this thread up. No shocks there. The thought of doing the classy thing always seems to evade you! Why is that? I mean being the classy person that you are, Im sure it dawned on your warped mind that "hey I might just not add my name personally, as it comes across as pure ego and self absorbed, especially when im posting it" maybe you should have left the persons names out and let others post who they thought was "the most powerful man to ever exist on cnte" Thats too humble and classy for you though.

1. IDIOT merges into Murder Inc.

2.Clash point and NeoGandalf, on the basis they usually talk sense and there the few people i used to read and not think what a bunch of Kn%$$£rs

3.Roman Empire for ruining cnte.

I'll give you credit where it's due, but I wont sit and caress your already huge head. Especially when your looking for it.

Edited by Hiro Nakara

Haha poor boy, I'm hurt, really hurt. You don't know the meaning of humble ;) What a surprise, it was your idea to post this thread up. No shocks there. The thought of doing the classy thing always seems to evade you! Why is that? I mean being the classy person that you are, Im sure it dawned on your warped mind that "hey I might just not add my name personally, as it comes across as pure ego and self absorbed, especially when im posting it" maybe you should have left the persons names out and let others post who they thought was "the most powerful man to ever exist on cnte" Thats too humble and classy for you though.

The point of a poll is to put down options for people to select. I put down options, names going all the way back to Round 2. How is that un-classy? And if I'd really wanted to win, I wouldn't have put down names like Elb or Thai that would detract votes from myself. Instead, I put down the most influential people I could think of. Does that include myself? Yes it does. Like it or not, I was extremely influential on this game. You haven't been around before this round, so you can be excused your lack of knowledge, but before you go calling me insignificant, figure out my history first.

Also, a point of clarification: there is a difference between "the most powerful" and "the most influential". I asked who the most influential was, you seem to be talking about the most powerful.

3.Roman Empire for ruining cnte.

Just because I'm curious, how exactly did we ruin TE? People always throw that around, so I'd like to know why you think it. Also, is it too much to ask that you use correct grammar and capitalization when posting? I mean really, laziness makes understanding people's posts even harder, and given the drivel-like quality of most posts, it's difficult enough already.

Just because I'm curious, how exactly did we ruin TE? People always throw that around, so I'd like to know why you think it. Also, is it too much to ask that you use correct grammar and capitalization when posting? I mean really, laziness makes understanding people's posts even harder, and given the drivel-like quality of most posts, it's difficult enough already.

you're one of the main reasons it went to !@#$, along with MHA and some others,

I have been around since round 1 ;)

Again whats the problem, we have discussed this before, English is my second language, so excuse my poor grammar/typing. You have no excuses though, we already established this in another thread. Lets try not to be repetative.

Treaties/your 12 man raiding squads, that were in place to bully smaller alliances, the fact you openly said "hey were gonna raid you and there nothing you can do about it" not in they words but the meaning was the same. Ohh and btw how did that 12 man raiding parties thing end up for you?

Example "Roman Empire Alliance seeks diplomacy out before acting in aggression towards other alliances seeking out a mutual friend and potential NAP's or MDP's

Tiberius, I used to enjoy reading your posts and thats the honest truth, but when you became all superior and made comments like the above, I'm the most powerful man blah de blah, somehow that just makes me think your a D!£k

Edited by Hiro Nakara

I have been around since round 1 ;)

Again whats the problem, we have discussed this before, English is my second language, so excuse my poor grammar/typing. You have no excuses though, we already established this in another thread. Lets try not to be repetative.

Treaties/your 12 man raiding squads, that were in place to bully smaller alliances, the fact you openly said "hey were gonna raid you and there nothing you can do about it" not in they words but the meaning was the same. Ohh and btw how did that 12 man raiding parties thing end up for you?

Example "Roman Empire Alliance seeks diplomacy out before acting in aggression towards other alliances seeking out a mutual friend and potential NAP's or MDP's

Tiberius, I used to enjoy reading your posts and thats the honest truth, but when you became all superior and made comments like the above, I'm the most powerful man blah de blah, somehow that just makes me think your a D!£k

If you've been here since Round 1, you know full well the impact I've had on the game, so I don't understand why you see a problem with including my name on that poll.

What 12 man raiding squads are you talking about? If you're referring to the cohort program we set up, I don't really see why people had a problem with that. We set up small groups, who then attacked alliances of the same size and strength. No one but those in the groups were allowed to attack, and we provided a list of the attacking nations to those groups we attacked so that they could fight back. Personally, I see that as much fairer then raiding. The program worked well for us, thanks for asking. And there have been countless times when a RE nation who raided someone from a micro-alliance got his $@! handed to him by the nations alliance-mates, and when our guy asks for aid, I would turn them down, because my philosophy has always been that when you raid, you do so at your peril. Just ask NONE members, who set up an embassy on our forums under my rule, and with whom we had a good relationship, and worked well together to solve raid problems. As for the quote from the wiki page, I never wrote that; the history section is the only part of that which I wrote.

I've not claimed to be the most powerful since Folger's coup. I was the most powerful, but no longer (unfortunately). So I don't know where you get that from.

Why do you need to claim such? Someone with humility would not need to state such, and you did state it in a topic ;) incase you forgot. You may want to rewrite your wiki page, as in one part it says you attacked MHA to get your pride back, yet in the other section it says you aim for diplomacy. so which is it?

We all know that rule gave you carte blanche to hit anyone ;) you made it all cuddly by adding your stipulations, I can't comment on how sucsseful you were from stopping people helping your beaten raiders. As i don't have anything to refute that claim with. You knew fine well that most likly people would not fight back against a 200+ strong alliance when you have 15 men in an alliance. How many people fought back with everything they had? How many thought take our raid and move on, because if we retaliate they will smash us.

Why do you need to claim such? Someone with humility would not need to state such, and you did state it in a topic ;) incase you forgot. You may want to rewrite your wiki page, as in one part it says you attacked MHA to get your pride back, yet in the other section it says you aim for diplomacy. so which is it?

We all know that rule gave you carte blanche to hit anyone ;) you made it all cuddly by adding your stipulations, I can't comment on how sucsseful you were from stopping people helping your beaten raiders. As i don't have anything to refute that claim with. You knew fine well that most likly people would not fight back against a 200+ strong alliance when you have 15 men in an alliance. How many people fought back with everything they had? How many thought take our raid and move on, because if we retaliate they will smash us.

I don't need to "claim" anything; the facts speak for themselves. I'm simply stating a point. And the wiki page is no longer my concern; Folger can take care of it if he wants.

That rule didn't give us carte blanche to hit anyone; we already had that right. All alliances, all individuals, have the right to attack anyone they choose, at any time. All that rule did was lay out a formal set of guidelines about how we would go about practicing wars, and notified the world of our intention to do so. You are correct that not many people fought back, but some did, the most notable example being Priapism, who put up an excellent fight with our attackers. It's not my problem or fault if people lack courage.

Okay, so lets reword that, why do you feel the need to sate the point your the most powerful man on cnte (or was) if your confident in that persona, then why do you need to reinterate it by typing it on here, if theres no doubt in your mind then why do you need to publicly state that fact? it makes you look a complete D£$k, I'm not acepting, I enjoy being a bad guy as a reason either. You were okay at the beggining and i enjoyed your posts, then something changed and you became all superior and egotystical! why is that? and you confirmed that not many fought back, so really your wiki says using diplomacy is first option, but that doesnt appy to our new implementation of our raider squads because even if your small were still gonna hurt you. Your right anyone has the right to hit another on this game, but to call it being nice and we have rules and such, knowing that people often wont retaliate, it makes you bullies that pick on small guys. Well im sure you have someone other than Folger that can update a wiki page.

Edited by Hiro Nakara