East Africa Conference

Arathog

"The Italian Repulic does not agree with the non-aggression pact. We are a peaceful nation and we don't need to sign any treaty to enforce our political doctrine. We only join a conflict if our allies are in danger and they request our help, and if this will happen, we don't want to be restricted by treaties and pacts. Considering the initial stances of Serca and Arctica towards our regime, the Italian Republic needs more time to sign such an important document."

Edited by Junio Borghese

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<< Of course the purpose of this Conference is peace. You are a peaceful nation, We all know it...I fully understand your point of view, but please, think about your choice. You're the last one to arrive in this region. Some Nations do not tolerate you, but They're here with you, ready to shake your hand almost in friendship...We should admit that you do not make great efforts of goodwill. As I said, if one of us breaks the Treaty, this will be void and it is of course always subjected to the Treaties of Alliance that you previously subscribed. We cannot guarantee that even our allies do not engage in hostile actions against every one of us, but We can ensure that OUR Nations do not do it first. It's just because I know your people and your policy very well that I will count your vote as an abstention and not as a contrary vote. Take your time, you can always join the Agreement and I would ask all Nations present at this Conference not to put any kind of roadblocks, if not strictly justified by needs of military and economic security >> The Duce looks for a moment at the Artica and Serca delegates << The Executive Minister of Nation of Nod is entitled to speak >>

Edited by Arathog

"We shall never pre-emptively strike against a non-Anarchistic nation... we believe that actions speak louder than words...

Furthermore, the Republic of Carthage has shown itself to be an Imperialistic, invasive presence in our world. If anyone needs to sign such a document, it would be them.

However, in the interests of keeping this Conference and its credibility alive, we shall sign this pact. Nothing more, nothing less." The EM said with an air of dissmissiveness.

Edited by Executive Minister

<< Hendrik Strijdom, Foreign Minister of the Republic of Transvaal, is entitled to speak >>

Due to my government's almost unique 'stance' (OOC: Botha mode) on foreign relations, the Republic of Transvaal has maintained a neutralist position in the world and does not permit ourselves to become entangled and embroiled in the various conflicts which seem to plague many parts of the globe.

While Transvaal does have a formal (IG) alliance with Repubblica Italiana - we are otherwise prohibited by government policy from joining (RP) alliances or signing (RP) non-aggression pacts.

We believe that in terms of non-aggression, our friendly diplomatic relations should suffice as protection and guarantee. Our borders are secure as we have two stable neighbours - Serca to our north and Arctica to our east - and while we may have ideological qualms from time to time, none of our nations have exhibited evidence of posing a military threat to the other.

Transvaal is also a regional power, so what happens in Northern Africa - which we consider to be more Middle Eastern in nature than having economic and culutral relations to Sub-Saharan Africa - concerns us very little. Southern Africa under the combined leadership of Serca, Arctica, and Transvaal has created one of the most stable regions of the entire world and when difficulties have arisen between us, diplomacy and tact have proven more victorious than guns.

the Republic of Transvaal has maintained a neutralist position in the world and does not permit ourselves to become entangled and embroiled in the various conflicts which seem to plague many parts of the globe.

We believe that in terms of non-aggression, our friendly diplomatic relations should suffice as protection and guarantee

This is the same policy adopted by the Republican Military Government, and we confirm we are not interested in the signing of the non-aggression pact.

Edited by Junio Borghese

De Falco sighs, the disappointment is audible, but grimaces of disapproval do not appear on his face. Indeed, He manages to smile weakly.

<< We'll respect your choice, then. Your statements are recorded. The Turokiir of Arctica is entitled to speak >>

The Duce, with a wave of the hand, draws the attention of an OVRA officer. He comes near.

<< Send a message to Carthage. I want to know if they want to sign this blessed Treaty. Hurry >> says the Duce. The OVRA agent stiffens in the Fascist salute and hastily leaves the Empire Hall.

Vikram watched the proceedings silently. If these nations are not interested in signing a peace pact why should the Kingdom sign either? The Kingdom shall anyway wait to see the response of Carthage before making the final decision. The Crown Prince was already regretting having come to such a futile conference where all nations are interested only in scoring points and generally be belligerent to one another. Such a shamble of diplomacy.

The response from Carthage:

Our country has little official government to speak of and we cannot contact Alessandro Romano. We are not sure even if he is alive. The majority of our government is in Italy and most have little to no diplomatic training. If the document is of the worth that it is described, once our government is reestablished we will review the treaty. Until then, we must respectfully decline.

<< We'll respect your choice, then. Your statements are recorded. The Turokiir of Arctica is entitled to speak >>

"Thank you, Duce.

On the topic of a nonaggression treaty, I will state that, before regional security can be attained, regional stability must first be achieved. A nonaggression pact between the states represented at this conference would go a long way toward regional stability.

The world has long been plagued by major wars - many of them nuclear - that have disrupted the lives of billions of people, and have had lasting effects on international diplomacy, trade, and the natural environment."

Thadon stood. "A nonaggression pact between the states represented here will, if honored by all, ensure that this region is free from internal conflict and will lay the foundation for a united front in eastern Africa should it ever be threatened by outside forces.

I am willing to sign this binding pact if the rest of you are, and I am hopeful that the agreement will spread to all of Africa, not just those nations on the east coast. The days of the PAC are long gone, but perhaps with our cooperation a United Africa can be a reality once more.

My part is concluded." The Thurokiir returned to his seat.

Edited by Vedran

<< Thanks, Thurokiir ... your words honor the purpose of this Conference >>

The OVRA officer runs into the Empire Hall and whispers something to the Duce. De Falco shakes his fists for a second, trying to hide his anger...

<< Carthage will not sign the treaty. I had hoped that some people might be reasonable...but I was wrong. Our road is still long and arduous. But there is no reason why we should abandon our efforts right now. Italica, Arctica, The Kingdom of Cochin, the Kingdom of Serca, the Nation of Nod ...all we have demonstrated our willingness to sign. We represent the majority of East Africa population, the majority of Nations at this Conference. We will go forward, with or without the honorable Gentlemen of the Italian Republic, Transvaal and Carthage. The final document will be ready in a few minutes ... does anyone of you make a last statement? Speak Freely >>

Vikram Kerala Varma stood up and spoke, "The Kingdom of Cochin has come to this conference in the hope that some of the conflicts and disagreements between member states could be sorted out and an agreement be reached. However that has turned to naught. As it stands The Kingdom of Cochin already has a NAP with Italica and an MDP with the Kingdom of Serca. Arctica and the Nation of Nod are diplomatically neutral to us and we do not have the diplomatic history to merit an NAP. However if a collegial agreement had been arrived at we would have signed it, but as it stands Kingdom of Cochin does not see any reason to sign this agreement.

The crux of the agreement is sound and in essence we have already complied through our exisiting treaty obligations. An extra treaty would be unnecessary for the Kingdom of Cochin.

Thank you."

Vikram also leaned towards the Duce of Italica and whispered, "Sir, and my name is Vikram Kerala Varma, first name Vikram, surname Varma and not Kerala Vikram Varma."

<< I beg your pardon, Prince >> says the Duce, sincerely regretted. Then, when the OVRA officer gives him the Final Document, He stands up and looking at all the delegates starts reading:

fascistr.jpg

Gran Consiglio del Fascismo - Dipartimento per gli Affari Esteri

Great Council of Fascism - Department of Foreign Affairs

== EAST AFRICA CONFERENCE - COMMON FINAL DOCUMENT ==

ARTICLE 1° - THE NON AGGRESSION TREATY

1)

Italica, the Kingdom of Serca, Arctica and the Nation of Nod agree not to engage in hostile military acts against each other. Any violation of this section will result in the immediate and irrevocable cancellation of the Treaty.

2)

The Italian Republic, the Kingdom of Cochin, the Republic of Transvaal and the Kingdom of Carthage can join the Treaty at any time by sending a formal request to the Fascist Government of Italica, as guarantoor of this Conference. The Grand Council of Fascism will verify the existence of political and military conditions necessary to be included in the Treaty as full members.

ARTICLE 2° - THE NUCLEAR ISSUE

1)

All invited Nations recognize the right of Italica and the Italian Republic to develop a nuclear arsenal in order to defend their strategic interests.

2)

The Fascist Government of Italy does not include in its defensive doctrine the " Pre-emptive Nuclear Attack ".

3)

The recognition of this right does not include any possible obligation to military defense of the right itself.

ARTICLE 3° - OTHER AGREEMENTS

1)

The Italian Republic will lease a portion of Somali territory to the Republic of Transvaal to build an oversea airbase. The Republic of Transvaal will pay 3.000.000 $ to the Italian Republic every three months until the lease in cancelled by either party.

2)

Civilian shipping and air traffic restrictions placed upon Italica and the Nation of Nod by Arctica are to be completely rescinded. Civilian air traffic restrictions on the Italian Republic are to be completely rescinded, and shipping is allowed access to ports in the populated areas of the Indian Ocean Territory: Rodrigues, Réunion, and the Seychelles. Shipping restrictions for mainland Madagascar will not be altered.

The President of the East Africa Conference

Matteo De Falco, Duce of Italica

<< Now We have the Final Document. Vikram Kerala Varma, Prince of the Kingdom of Cochin, do you approved it? >>

Edited by Arathog

"Though we do approve of the wording of this agreement we shall not sign it at this juncture. Perhaps in the future when greater cooperation is forthcoming between all conference members we may consider signing it," Vikram said.

<< You have to sign the Final Document, Prince, because it recognizes not only your refusal to be part of the NAP now but even your approval of the Nuclear Issue and the other topics. Kwalize Jackson, President of the Kingdom of Serca, do you approve and sign this Final Document? >>

Edited by Arathog

The Italian Republic will lease a portion of Somali territory to the Republic of Transvaal to build an oversea airbase. The Republic of Transvaal will pay 3.000.000 $ to the Italian Republic every three months until the lease in cancelled by either party.

Our current tech deal with Repubblica Italiana will expire around November 5, after which Transvaal will send the first lease payment and take formal possession. February 1st 2010 would be then next lease payment and then three months on the 1st after that.

Italica and the Republic of Transvaal opens full formal diplomatic contacts. Details (ambassadors, locations of embassies etc..) will be clarified in subsequent bilateral agreements.

Excuse me, but our earlier comment about establishing diplomatic relations is at fault. It now appears that we have already established diplomatic ties between our two nations and exchanged ambassadors; Transvaal's ambassador to Italica: Elize Le Roux, Italica's ambassador to Transvaal: Giacomo Loreno

Edited by Botha

<< I'm sorry, Staatspresident. I was misinformed then. We will immediately delete that paragraph. Thanks for letting me know. And concerning the lease...We'll note these dates and We'll keep ourselves informed about your agreement, to check that everything works. I hope for you the best business >>

The Duce draws the attention of the OVRA officer and whispers to him << Find the idiot who did not enter in my documents a list of already existing diplomatic relations with the States invited to this Conference. And when you'll find him...let the holy fascist blackjack do its own job >>

<< Yes, my Duce >> says the agent, before leaving the Hall. So the Duce turns to the delegates...

<<Thank you, Governor. Executive Minister of Nation of Nod, do you approve and sign this Final Document? >>

Edited by Arathog

I'm sorry, Staatspresident. I was misinformed then. We will immediately delete that paragraph. Thanks for letting me know.

Foreign Minister Strijdom blushed when he heard himself referred to as Staatspresident.

"No need to apologise, the error was made on our end. We seemed to confuse ourselves as we thought Italica was a different nation than yours. In the past we've tended to think of Repubblica Italiana as Fascist Italy and Italica as fascist Italy - as you can see it becomes very easy to get confused!"