East Africa Conference

Arathog

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<< Minister...I'm not asking you to sign the Treaty, but you have to sign even the Article 1 of the Final Document. If you would read the Article better, you'll find that your neutrality concerning the Not-Aggression Agreement is clearly emphasized. We need your sign also because it recognizes the Treaty existing between Italica and the other 4 Nations>>

Edited by Arathog

OCC: why? Does it not correct " NOT-aggression" ?

OOC: Is English your first language? I'm actually curious, not trying to be insulting.

It would be a "non-aggression" pact because it is the opposite of aggression pact. There is no aggressiveness, so it is non-aggressive. "Not aggressive" would be to describe a person or animal's temperament, as in "he is not aggressive".

Edited by Sargun

<< Minister...I'm not asking you to sign the Treaty, but you have to sign even the Article 1 of the Final Document. If you would read the Article better, you'll find that your neutrality concerning the Not-Aggression Agreement is clearly emphasized. We need your sign also because it recognizes the Treaty existing between Italica and the other 4 Nations>>

With this clarification that our neutrality is not compromised, the Republic of Transvaal will agree to sign.

<< The Final Document is officially approved. The Non-Aggression Treaty is now valid and binding for those who signed it. Today we build together the first mile of a road that I hope will take us very far. Thank you, Gentlemen, for your time, patience and politeness. I think we can consider the East Africa Conference concluded >>

The Duce stands up and shakes the hands of all the delegates, then, smiling, takes out from his pocket some little badges of the Fascist Party and delivers them to his guests.

<< All of you are honorary members of the National Fascist Party. Of course you can decline, in respect to your ideology, but please, accept these badges to remeber us this historic event. They are 24 carat gold. Well, your cars are waiting. Have a nice trip, my friends >>

Edited by Arathog

<< The Final Document is officially approved. The Non-Aggression Treaty is now valid and binding for those who signed it. Today we build together the first mile of a road that I hope will take us very far. Thank you, Gentlemen, for your time, patience and politeness. I think we can consider the East Africa Conference concluded >>

The Duce stands up and shakes the hands of all the delegates, then, smiling, takes out from his pocket some little badges of the Fascist Party and delivers them to his guests.

<< All of you are honorary members of the National Fascist Party. Of course you can decline, in respect to your ideology, but please, accept these badges to remeber us this historic event. They are 24 carat gold. Well, your cars are waiting. Have a nice trip, my friends >>

The Thurokiir saw De Falco begin to shake the hand of each delegate and hand out the Fascist Party badges. As the Duce was going down the line, Thadon had a short interlude to consider the implications of accepting or declining the badge.

Finally, when De Falco reached him, Thadon shook the man's hand firmly and accepted the badge.

"Thank you, Duce. I leave this conference secure in the knowledge that the first steps have been taken toward a lasting peace in Africa. Despite our ideological differences, we can all agree that a warring region is not good for anyone."

As he was leaving, Thadon affixed the badge to the white portion of his outfit.