Pendants of Fate. A poll on destiny.

Maelstrom Vortex

Should the pendants be...  

30 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

How about misunderstood power. Something people think is evil but because they fear it, or don't understand it. And I wouldn't actually make it magic (or rather I wouldn't actually specify); i'd suggest making it have a psychological effect, or apparently have no effect (as in have random accidents happen to people who are around it) or something. That way the reader can make their own decision as to whether it is magical or just in the person's head. *shrugs*

Edited by iamthey

I agree with Iamthey, a psychological element would probably be best here and that is the twist that I plan to use with Sarah's pendent at least. Really, any leader could see the pendent as either a useless heirloom, an idea that it is their destiny to rule further, to bring the other pendents together for some purpose, or in my case, something to continually try to avoid. It should really be up to the characters in this case and what they want to do with them, but I think there's a lot of possibility for a good RP from this. Personally I have no problem introducing a supernatural element to this, though I'm sure the community would disagree, unless it was non-canon so I would say that psychological freak-accidents is the way to go.

Think of maybe Joan of Arc with the voices or something...there's a lot of room and from there you can influence either good or evil

After all, Maelstrom wasn't always 'good' or 'evil' anyways.

I like the supernatural feeling behind the pendants, seeing as how ghosts may or may not exist I don't see why it has to be non-canon. As for Sandra's pendant I will be having her turning to Mael for wisdom and support at times depending on what events occur to her and maybe depending on how I feel have her develop a condition where she becomes addicted to visiting the after-life as I am calling it.

I personally think that whoever is sending them means well (though we all know the saying about hell and good intentions). And as iamthey stated, some psychological element that could very easily be interpreted as supernatural. Hence why I voted for that, as the best possible choice.

I'm not on the pendant list, so I haven't voted. But as for Magic, it doesn't belong in CNRP. The psychological aspect is best. For example, the Imperator has always been a lot more bare-knuckled with foreign and domestic policy then other leaders, and yet he is neither good nor evil.

Alright, I understand the general consensus of the community on these items. Lean away from magic, however a spiritual, generally positive influence would be the most desired.

Good choice. It saved you a visitation from...

The King in Yellow and the appearance of the Yellow Sign on the amulets ^..^ Even if it had to be an alternate rp I WOULD have done it.

ysig1.jpg