WOLF, TPF, and WAR!!!

Burning Glory

Ok, so i have received a bunch of pm's by different people like treaty partners, friends, my GOV, and JR members.

This got me to thinking about TPF, WOLF, and for that matter all of TE.

Let me start with Part 1, WOLF.

For several rounds, even up wards of 5 all together, TPF has had allies that have been beside us.

Some of which were AZTEC, WAPA, TF, RF, A51, OB and some of the most recent were RE, GDA, RoWN.

While there are more not listed, I consider them all to be friends and great AA's.

Now enter our Allies, the AA's listed above. Each of them have their own allies and friends.

All of us stayed in some sort of contact, either indirectly or directly with each other.

Now enter Gabryal, one of my GOV members. Gab comes up with the ideal to make all allies a part of an actual team, under one banner.

Reasons of better communication, better organization, and mutual defense.

Gabs contacts all of our allies and and informs them of his ideal and asks who wants in.

WOLF is formally created.

Wolf who existed for 4 + rounds now has a name and is made public.

Part 2, WOLF is.

WOLF was never made or brought to existence to rule, run, or dominate TE.

I nor any of the leaders of the AA's in WOLF would agree to such a thing.

Wolf or pre Wolf has never jumped any AA, coordinated or other wise attacked any AA together, WE don't believe in curb stomps.

All of our wars have been one vs one, heads up. Some of us have won in those battles, like TPF vs FARK last round, and some of us have lost

in those battles, like TF vs LE. But we never attacked together.

To add, we never defended together in a fair fight. This is undisputed.

Wolf is basically defense against an unfair war or curb stomp, like when NOIR plotted against RE and TPF last round and tried to get a coalition together against us.

or if our members attacked an AA in a war, and got jumped by an ally of that AA.

Wolf was not conceived to run TE, just keep things even and fair...more of fun and or challenge. That is all.

Part 3,WOLF's end.

While i was prepared to fight all round long for what i believe was a good and honorable thing, I did not invent WOLF.

It was Gab's who with out my knowledge decided to disband his baby. He did this not because WOLF was loosing (honestly don't even know if we were)

but because he felt as if it was his fault. As if he brought all of this on the other AA's, and he felt really bad for it...even considered resigning as TPF GOV.

So since he created it, he felt compelled to end it and began to send out pms to do so. That is honor...That is Gabs.

TPF

I have always tried to run my AA with honor, and integrity. I try to be fair and wear the shoe's of my opponents as well as treat everyone with respect.

This is just my character, and my AA will always represent my character, and all of my GOV members represent my character.

I believe TPF is one of the best AA's in TE, and our GOV is second to none in my opinion. Our members are dedicated and loyal, even more"honorable"!

If TPF WARs with you, and we win...there will be no public post that we defeated you, there will be no POW BS, and there will be no ongoing war.

We will not be the start in an exchange of hate mail, or heated arguments

We simply WAR, and win or lose it ends white peace style, and no longer than 7 days.

Conclusion.

While WOLF wanted action, and encouraged AA's to fight against us, we also wanted a challenge not another curb stomp.

We wanted TE to heat up, but to do it fairly....This is no propaganda, this is fact and backed by all wars last round or previous wars in previous rounds.

And even though our PACK rolled over, our WARS and previous rounds did not.

I also think that for the attack on wolf to work, you guys picked the best time as none of us would ever hit another AA before the first week was up,

and most of us would probably never hit an AA under day 14. I even sent a pm to Wolf-leader of MHA telling him this 2 or 3 days before the war started.

I know TPF had our pants down as most of us had slots full from raids, and the ones who didn't most of them were on DEFCON 5 with minimal troops

trying to build our nations, as per our though that never has a war happened before day 7.

Finially...As per a compliment by 2 LE nations about my WARing ability, i thought of an idea.

WAR!!! Who is the best fighter in TE.

So in the excitement that is TE, i want to see who is the best WAR MONGER in round 7.

I propose this.....All nations that want to sign up, please post here with your nation link.

Rules....Build your nations to the best of your ability until 10/1/09, the 6 nations with the highest NS win part one and move to part 2.

PART 2....the 6 nations WAR with each other and the nation standing with the highest NS after 7 days wins a $20.00 SE donation by me

So if your in sign up here. Clause, there must be at least 20 nations sign up.

So if you think you can war or think your the best in TE round 7, put your bragging ability to the test ;)

BG.

Edited by Burning Glory

I'd love to compete it would take an act of admin for me to get top 6 in anything other than casualties.

I've got some ideas for nations with lower NS to have some fun as well. I'll wait a few days so as not to detract from BGs idea then I might make a post on the topic if no one minds.

Nice idea.

The Mostly Harmless is experimenting with this right now and the fight is to end Sept 8th. One thing to be careful about are the ones that want to spoil this. Do it with seven so that all slots are filled. Contact me if you need help with the attack matrix. We’ve made just about all the mistakes we can make.

Another post about WOLF or JR and I am going to spew..

ES I haven't called you out about a number of things, mostly because I thought it was unfair to do so. I understand you're angry, and I understand why. I kicked you out of the WOLF IRC room, which, was going to be disbanded if we lost, when you weren't even a member of OB and therefore WOLF anymore, I let you come into the room out of respect for you being an original member. I didn't HAVE to let you in, I granted you the privalege of staying, you had formed Fight Club, an alliance outside of WOLF, and I took a HUGE chance by letting you stay, as you could have easily been spying for all I know. I think that shows a helluva a lot of trust and respect for you, respect that now that you aren't getting your way you do not show to me, or anyone else that was a part of WOLF, including BG, a man who took in a guy who until he came to TPF, was bitter, broken, depressed and angry. TPF has literally given me a tool to put my energy into, I may not be able to walk without a cane, but as I read BG's words above, I felt like a useful human being again, and not someone who has nothing left to offer the world.

I gave my blood for your right to blast the man who gave me a tool to help me feel useful again, men so much better than you are that there is no way to compare gave their lives. I don't care if you respect me or not, but at least consider the price that has been paid for your right to pump yourself up because you're bitter, and maybe just maybe, you'll keep your thoughts to yourself. In any case here are your stellar accomplisments that I know of.

1) AZTEC raids OB Round 6: I met off and on for three days, for a total of about 6 hours with AZTEC gov members including Mayzie himself attempting to straighten it out to keep OB from being stomped into the mud, I still have the timestamped screenshots given to me by the AZTEC gov that show's that OB was the aggressor, YOU attempted to get WOLF involved in a military way, and even threatened AZTEC with it, It became so bad that Folger and I had to tag team in and out because every time WE made progress YOU sabotaged it by your immature and threatening attitude. Eventually we had Qaz from OB and paul from AZTEC, two very level headed guys, hammer out a solution with Folger and I moderating, it came to an end. Did Folger or I have to do a thing? No we could have let OB be overrun, OB was 18 ( at the time ) nations out of 861, 1/47th of our total strength, not exactly essential. So why did we do it? Because OB, then and now, has people in it who were innocent of anything to have to do with it. At least in my mind WOLF will always remain a symbol of the strong protecting the weak anyway we can. I know others perceived it differently, I certainly know that WOLF changed the rules of TE quite a bit, people now had to deal with a group that would fight for the little guy, so in it's way WOLF attempted to force our values upon TE, not something I'll apologize for, as I still have great respect for our values.

2) The OB Elections: Eyerack had to resign from TE, and as such an election was held. You stated more than once that you felt you would win hands down, you didn't so you left OB to form your own alliance, the reason for which is your self admitted lust for power. That's just the type of person you are, jealous of anyone who is perceived as having more authority than you. You couldn't even bring yourself to be a good loser, you left your alliance mates in a fit of jealousy. That may be my perception, but you've only to look back at the posts you made from the time WOLF was announced to the time you were kicked out of the WOLF IRC Room, to put paid on my stand of seeing you as a jealous hypocrite.

3) The reason you were kicked, hours before I disbanded WOLF Easton was trying to bring up RE's status report. You continually interrupted him, without respect, and even suggested that Easton didn't have a clue. You taunted RE for it's lack of fighting skills, and was arguementative in the extreme, I'll happily admit my emotional state wasn't at it's height at the time I banned you, sippyjuice had just informed me that GDA would have to leave WOLF to save her people, I accepted this with grace I think ( sippy would have to give her own opinion, and I won't speak for her ) and I told her she needed to do what was best for her people. I talked to sippy and thenb, and told them that I would have to remove them from the room, they accepted this with good grace and then removed them. You kept your antics up till for the sake of the room I decided to remove you. You have no reason to think this unfair, by all rights since your alliance wasn't a member of WOLF, you had no right to be there. sippy, a member since the start and who stuck it out as long as she could and WAS a member, had every right to be there, I didn't have to remove them, I just told them I think I should, the reason being that I wanted to limit the growing feeling of absolute defeat. You on the other hand, with an alliance NOT a member of WOLF, thought it was your god given right to be in the room. Now for the sake of a now dead institution, you're determined to slam anyone who says anything about either group. You have the right to sound like a spoiled child if you wish, but it doesn't make people think positive things about you.

Now, that I've got that out of the way. Let me talk about the last few hours of WOLF, myself, and why I did it. This may not sit well with alot of people, former WOLF members included, but it's my genuine beliefs, and while you are entitled to yours, I am entitled to mine. I ended WOLF, which may or may not have been my right, but was definitely within my power seeing as I had the codes to WOLF's IRC room, hosted the WOLF forums on my own server and admin'd them, and set up the WOLF yahoo group, all by myself.

Only hours before I officially disbanded WOLF, I was thinking very hard, I was doing the math and realizing that our chances of survival were slim, and even if we DID win somehow, our Coalition ( and yes people argue about calling it that, I like it better, if I'm saying it think Bloc if that makes you happy ) would face the same thing, if not later in the round, then in the next, and the next. I hadn't prepared for a war to end WOLF, I hadn't even correctly identified that the majority of people viewed WOLF with apprehension at best, if not outright hatred. I'm sure that your fears, aside from the one that yes if you attacked a WOLF alliance you may have to face WOLF as a whole, thus we through threat of force, created a system in which we forced other alliances to play by our rules, again I won't apologize for that, it is everyone's right to play as they wish, including JR's right to seek to end WOLF. In short I was naive. Anyway GDA leaving hit me hard, sippy and thenb remain some of my favorite people in the game, and in WOLF were some of the most dedicated members, performing some of the hardest and dangerous tasks in the game towards the end of last round, without complaint and did it well. Those words I had told her though kept on echoing in my head "Do what's best for your people". I put a poll up on the TPF's gov forums asking the Gov whether we should disband WOLF, within an hour I had a majority of votes saying yes. Now could I have polled the members of WOLF? Yes I could have, however it would have taken more time than I was willing to spend. I knew how most of the larger Alliances felt, and most were for it. So at the end of the day, I killed what I created, and no I didn't do it by WOLF's rules, I did it by my own rules, and if people wish to damn me for that so be it, I'd do it again in a second, I wouldn't let another one of WOLF's member alliances' creation be destroyed if I could help it.

WOLF took longer to set up than it existed, but the reason I ended it is the same as the reason I began it. To protect "Our People" namely all the alliances who were members of WOLF. I did offer to resign to BG, who told me something like "I'll hunt you down and kill you if you do" or something like that, in any case, he made it clear I was still a valuable member of TPF, WOLF or no WOLF. The last few hours of WOLF were a dark time for me, anyone with military experience who has ever seen a good friend killed before their eyes would understand. Yes this is pixels not real people, but behind each nation was a real person, a person I had promised to protect, a person who ment more to me than I do myself. It's hard to understand unless you have truly had a "comrade" something that's rare outside of Military circles, it's someone who you're willing to die for, someone you're willing to kill for. I realize that I put way to much emotion into TE, I have been told by many people I need to "calm down" and "let it go" and they are right, but they are also wrong. I do need to realize that it's just a game, but at the same time it's a surrogate for what I've lost that I can never get back, that feeling of belonging that can only be felt in men who have fought together and would die for each other.

I began WOLF, I ended WOLF. I made some friends and some enemies along the way. I apologize to everyone who I antagonized through word or deed, especially those that I never knew I had, and to my former WOLF brothers and sisters. You can hate me if you wish, but I feel the same way about you as I did then. You are my comrades, and this old soldier will still fight and die for you.

I'll end it with this it's one of my poems I've had published, and it might help a little bit if you want to understand who I am now, what I was then, and what TPF and WOLF ment to me. I'm not some sort of evil mastermind behind a Coalition that was intended to ruin TE, I was just trying to look out for "My people" that's all it ever ment to me, that's why I'm not sorry it existed, and that's why I ended it so abruptly, as one person put it "I didn't assume WOLF would give in so easily" they didn't, I did. If that smacks of martyrdom perhaps it was a little, I tried everything else I could personally do, including offering lonewolfe that I would leave CN forever if he would stop the attacks, before I finally ended WOLF by my own decision, and no one else's, to meet lonewolfe's terms. Since then lonewolfe has been extremely helpful in getting peace restored and I like to think that I averted alot of destruction. Yes they are just pixels, but two months of work go into those pixels, so it can still hurt to lose all that, people play this game for months per round, and the sooner I felt I acted, the sooner I felt they'd have a fighting chance to get back into the flag/T-shirt race at the end.

I'm still in TPF, still have the same name, and though WOLF ended I will remember what it stood for to me. If it ment anything positive to anyone else, I hope they remember that too.

snip

I can address that all without read past the first sentence in one word: No. It's not that I dislike WOLF or hate its guts, it's just that I am tired of seeing topics about WOLF and JR. The war is over. Get over it. WOLF lost, JR won, JR is now disbanded. Let's move on with our lives for once. (Notice how I didn't say I was tired of any specific alliance, just the two blocks/coalitions/whatever.)

Actually, there are a few points that I would like to address:

and I took a HUGE chance by letting you stay, as you could have easily been spying for all I know

At the time, TPF, RE, AI, SDF and OB were my best friends. I had absolutely no reason to spy. And even so, did you guys even discuss bringing in FC after I requested it? Were we on the drawing board? Or was it that we were just too small for you to care about?

I still have the timestamped screenshots given to me by the AZTEC gov that show's that OB was the aggressor

Sure, let's just, you know, forget that it was AZTEC who made the first two attacks; AZTEC, the same people who anarchied me while in a sovereign alliance. If WOLF had been formed before that, then I could have used WOLF as a weapon, because guess what? WOLF IS A DEFENSIVE BLOC.

You stated more than once that you felt you would win hands down,

Logs? I never remember stating such a think. I remember saying that I probably had a good chance, but I never said I would win for sure.

you left your alliance mates in a fit of jealousy.

How many !@#$@#$ times do I need to say this? I left OB after TELLING THEM MULTIPLE TIMES THAT I WOULD LEAVE. I even remember telling you and others in WOLF that I might not be in OB for round 7.

You taunted RE for it's lack of fighting skills

I said "it's not NS that matter as much as heart". (Something similar, because my memory isn't perfect.)

Seriously, stop lying. It's going to get you no where.

Edit: And now that I think about it, how could WOLF have been my friends? The only, and I mean the absolute only alliance that even offered real help was AI and SDF. Did TPF offer its assistance? No. Did Black Cats offer its assistance? Yes. They refused to help after I told them how small my alliance was, however. I won't put to shame RE, since I never really talked to Tibs or anyone from RE about it.

So AI and SDF. SDF, who was in the middle of a war with even worse odds than me, offered its support. AI I respect not as much as SDF, but at least they did offer support until they went to war with someone else.

So tell me: What has TPF, or you, done this round to help or be friendly to me? Excluding "allowing" me to stay in the WOLF channel - which was pointless, since it really didn't help anyways. Let me see... It was either BG or CP (I can't remember who it was, I will have my man send a screen shot of it) who admitted to possibly poaching Fight Club. It was you who banned me from the channel, possibly giving me some bad PR on the inside afterwords.

I don't know Gabryal, remind me why I should like WOLF or TPF right now. Remind me why abandoning me and !@#$%*ing at me is the sign of friendship. I clearly must be forgetting something..

Edited by Emperor Stranger

Junk

Stranger, Gabryal has more heart and intelligence in his pinky than you can begin to understand.

When he talks, I wouldn't try and prove him wrong or skew the facts, because his word means 100x more to most people reading these forums than yours.

If he thinks that, then it's most likely without solid evidence the case in this situation.

I would appreciate if you'd man up to the things he says of you, rather than try and blame other people or change the facts.

Stranger, Gabryal has more heart and intelligence in his pinky than you can begin to understand.

When he talks, I wouldn't try and prove him wrong or skew the facts, because his word means 100x more to most people reading these forums than yours.

If he thinks that, then it's most likely without solid evidence the case in this situation.

I would appreciate if you'd man up to the things he says of you, rather than try and blame other people or change the facts.

I honestly don't care. I will not sit back and watch as he destroys what little reputation and respect I have as he spews his lies.

Personally, I would have appreciated if he would tell the truth. The parts I picked out were either lies, incomplete truths, or were just plain wrong. I was going to simply ignore the whole post and move on until I read those few parts.

Lets just stop this poinless arguing and forget about this stupid subject. The war is OVER. Who cares?!

My point exactly. The war is over and so is WOLF and JR. Why do we need even MORE topics about it?

I honestly don't care. I will not sit back and watch as he destroys what little reputation and respect I have as he spews his lies.

Personally, I would have appreciated if he would tell the truth. The parts I picked out were either lies, incomplete truths, or were just plain wrong. I was going to simply ignore the whole post and move on until I read those few parts.

Did you ever consider Gabby's total contribution to the game (Good or Bad) depending on ones feelings

on wolf. His words of intent always speak of others.

What have you contributed to the game? Was it about others? I have only seen you mention yourself as

your number one concern. I think your doing a fine job in regards to reputation and respect.

it is apparent that you have total disdain for Gabby as well as TPF. Must you go on?

BG had not spoken his perspective on Wolf, he deserves the space to do so. He also made a challenge

to other nations for a competition. With the prize coming out of his own pocket. I never seen any recognition or acknowledgement of his efforts either from you. Just some observations.

Did you ever consider Gabby's total contribution to the game (Good or Bad) depending on ones feelings

on wolf. His words of intent always speak of others.

What have you contributed to the game? Was it about others? I have only seen you mention yourself as

your number one concern. I think your doing a fine job in regards to reputation and respect.

it is apparent that you have total disdain for Gabby as well as TPF. Must you go on?

I didn't before, but Gabryal's kicking me from WOLF was the last straw.

And no. Everything I did last round was for Orbit Black. I didn't stay up 28 hours straight trying to deal with the AZTEC raider because I thought it would benefit me.

BG had not spoken his perspective on Wolf, he deserves the space to do so. He also made a challenge

to other nations for a competition. With the prize coming out of his own pocket. I never seen any recognition or acknowledgement of his efforts either from you. Just some observations.

If he wants to give his perspective, there are 20 threads with the title "WOLF". Find one.

ok, what does WOLF or JR have to do with this contest of yours? seriously, nothing. also, if WOLF was bout unfair wars or curbstomps then why this:

"or if our members attacked an AA in a war, and got jumped by an ally of that AA."

so basically WOLF would step in should anyone defend an ally against a WOLF member. yes, you just seriously proved that WOLF was never gonna dominate TE........

ok, what does WOLF or JR have to do with this contest of yours? seriously, nothing. also, if WOLF was bout unfair wars or curbstomps then why this:

"or if our members attacked an AA in a war, and got jumped by an ally of that AA."

so basically WOLF would step in should anyone defend an ally against a WOLF member. yes, you just seriously proved that WOLF was never gonna dominate TE........

You must be lost, or you plain don't understand the words you are quoting.

I'll try to simplafy for you.

If a member of WOLF attacked an AA heads up, one AA against another AA, it was only that AA and no other AA in WOLF that jumped in.

So in a 1 vs 1 AA war, rather it was a WOLF AA blitzing or the other AA, WOLF did not get involved.

However if a WOLF AA blitz'd another AA and an Ally of that AA jumped in makeing it a 2 vs 1 war, then one of the members of WOLF would of jumped in. OR if 2 AA's would have jumped one of our members, then another one of us would have joined in.

WE kept it fair, and as anyone knows me, i always go the diplo route if at all possible.

So now that its layed out in a better detail, maybe you can understand it better.

If not then i don't know what else to do or say....But you did lose me in you own post as it made no real sense to me.

But then again maybe i'm lost ;)

BG.

Edited by Burning Glory

I would have posted sooner but I was at the bar :P and typing a response from a phone is no fun :D

To answer BG's section:

I have played with & against BG long enough to know that anyone who thinks BG is about unfair play, curbstomps, and such is simply wrong. BG and I don't always see eye to eye but I have much respect for him because he is another person who understands the meaning of leading an alliance and putting the needs of its members before his.

WOLF has never attacked anyone in a curbstomp and anyone saying otherwise is simply lying.

The real threat for those that don't actually get it is the control of how people play.

Wolf was not conceived to run TE, just keep things even and fair...more of fun and or challenge. That is all.

Indirectly it threatens to control TE even if it is NOT the objective of why it was founded. I understand the argument of fair play and have even fought for it several rounds ago (any veteran leader from rounds 2-4 can tell you this). I have come to realize that war never has been and never will be fair, whether it is in a game or in real life.

How an alliance plays comes down to leadership. I know TPF believe in fair play as this is the view of BG and he will do the best he can to ensure this for his alliance.

No one is wrong or right to play how they believe. This is a game. The only rules that are set in stone are the ones ADMIN sets, such as no duplicate accounts. Outside of that, you play as you believe and see fit. Ideals, beliefs, visions, and theories will collide in this game. Simply put, the side with the better plan wins the war, but if all sides involved had fun then everyone wins.

Character attacks on Gabryal:

People need to understand that what he said is what HE believes and how he plays. Everyone is entitled to play the game how they see fit, however, people disrespecting and making derogatory statements about each other DOES NOT belong in the game of TE. People need to lay off of attacking Gab for his opinions. To criticize one's opinion is fine and welcome but when it turns into a character attack on a person, It is simply wrong.

Now Gab put a lot into WOLF and did a lot of work. Just cuz it WOLF didn't work out in the end doesn't mean it was a bad thing. On the contrary, I haven't seen this much action in the very early stages of a round ever. If you look at the amount of posts and activity, you will realize these last few days have been the most active since the early rounds.

What does this mean: Simple.

• People need to lay off the personal attacks.
  • WOLF, JR was NEITHER wrong or right.
  • It was a hard fought war on all sides.
  • I sympathize with BG & Gab in wanting a fair playing field.
  • People need to quit whining and just play the game.
  • Nothing is fair in war and ironically, because of that everything and anything is fair play.

My hats off to both of them as they made this very early part of round 7 quite fun.

Thaisport

Edited by thaisport

Indirectly it threatens to control TE even if it is NOT the objective of why it was founded. I understand the argument of fair play and have even fought for it several rounds ago (any veteran leader from rounds 2-4 can tell you this). I have come to realize that war never has been and never will be fair, whether it is in a game or in real life.

That is correct thaisport... fair play was fought for... but the wars themself were not fair. :P Just like you said war will NEVER be fair. ;)

That is correct thaisport... fair play was fought for... but the wars themself were not fair. :P Just like you said war will NEVER be fair. ;)

Thai's analysis is quite correct. In a way WOLF could be compared to the disastrous collection of alliances that killed 20 million+ people in WW 1. I know that "fair" play has no part in a modern battlefield, you attempt to give your side every advantage, and if you don't then you're not just foolish, you're criminally negligent.

I suppose that all things being equal, I cannot dispute that no one should ever fight "fairly" not if they value their own, and others lives/nations in RL/CN.

Well put thai.