The Königsberg Incident

The Confederation

Tanzband was speechless...

"You....you did this?"

He touched the bandage on his arm where a small chunk of shrapnel had hit. It was sore, but not as sore as his damaged ego. Thinking to himself, he contemplated the possibilities of the situation.

"We will meet somewhere in Berlin...somewhere near the Deutsche Bahn entrance on Frankfurter street...of course, use a moniker and wear a disguise, we have much to discuss."

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"You can call me Heinrich then. I'll see you there."

In a few hours, Martens sat down quietly in all-black clothing - nothing uncommon at Berlin - and wondered if it was some sort of ambush or setup. He yawns and adjusts his hat lazily, looking around and waiting for something to happen while he casually drinks a beer. He did not seem at all out of the ordinary.

Tanzband slowly drove his car down the busy Frankfurter street, finding an appropriate parking spot infront of a Japanese restaurant (something very common in Prussia during the Hansa Age).

He wore a simple brown suit and a hat that covered his eyes. In actuality, he felt awkward without his blade and not in regalia, but this was what had to be done. Walking toward the parkbench, he sat and began to read a news magazine.

A few moments later...

"Heinrich...Guten abend, Wie geht es Ihnen?"

He was not in a mood for joking.

"Despite the actions of radicals, I am still quite the popular leader", he said hushed so that no one passing may hear him.

"We will have to figure out something...a way to conceal myself from the public eye..." He thought for a few seconds and spoke again. "Ah ha! Order your goons to dress themselves as the pro-democracy terrorists and attempt to put me under arrest. Of course, I will not go easily, felling many by my blade. However, in the end, I will be captured, and I will then make an announcement--seemingly at my own will--allowing for a full referendum to be called....yes...that will both assure my safety, and allow the fairest of discussions to take place, at least how much democracy can allow."

He considers it for a moment, taking his time. It seemed reasonable. "As much or as little, but..yes, it will work, I think. We can do that. We'll hold a similar referendum in Nordheim. I do not doubt that it will happen without further issues. Even the democrats will be actually pleaed...until they are removed by public voice, that is..."

"But there's still many questions for the future. The situation with Old Loki and Lübeck will sooner or later lead to war, whether I do anything about it or not. We are not apt to fight and win such a war. And we have no allies. Hm."

OOC: How did Martens get around the international blockades again?

Airlifting supplies. Berlin airlift for comparison.

Edit: I just now figured out what you meant. Not sure how he did, the clause is disputed. nvm above comment.

Edited by Colerich Krieg

OOC: How did Martens get around the international blockades again?

OOC: I'd say Martens is clever enough to hide his identity as a civilian, and get through on a civilian ship, if, as Uber has said in the other thread, they truly allow non-government/military ships through.

OOC: I'd say Martens is clever enough to hide his identity as a civilian, and get through on a civilian ship, if, as Uber has said in the other thread, they truly allow non-government/military ships through.

OOC: After we inspect them.

He has to actually RP it, he can't just say "I did it lol"

OOC: It's not like you really can do anything to stop Martens. He can damn well WALK as well as swim all the way to Prussia over time if he wishes. He could have also gone by an underwater carrier (an unarmed one), and noone would be able to stop it either. Or a stealth plane. Or right in front of their noses disguised as someone. Or hidden in a special compartment in some ship or aircraft. Or there could be doubles of Martens. The possibilities are endless, now stop being who you are.

OOC: You never RPed any of that...and he's your main character, meaning you kinda have to RP such things.

Even diplomatic RP's require things like "I took a plane to your capital, requesting permission to land."

Also:

Sonar beats underwater carrier

OTH Radar can detect steath aircraft (at least the older kind) by bouncing lower frequency waves off the upper atmosphere and hitting the stealth plane from multiple directions with radar. There are other ways too. You hit it with radar and have receivers to pick up the different-angled returned and pick them up anyway.

OOC: Blockaded with what, you don't even have soldiers on my borders nor a navy, lol

OOC: ...do you really not read people's RP's?

1. Swedish navy is on your coast. He also planted sonar every 1 km.

2. I DO have troops on your boarder, several divisions.

3. Sweden, Norway, and I are all blockading Scandinavian Nordheim.

We are running air patrols and such, there has been RP on this, I posted a link earlier in this very thread. I don't see how you could say there was no blockade.

2: No you don't, the border has a DMZ...unless you violated it.

1: I haven't seen him ever posting anything about it. Is he even active?

3: No, Norway let the foodstuff go through his land right away, before you did.

4: Stop messing with me due to your OOC agendas

OOC:

1. the DMZ is on your side of the boarder, as per the peace terms. My troops are on my side of the boarder in my perfectly legal area to be militarized.

2. I posted a link to it. Old RP is still RP.

3. I allowed FOOD through also. The blockade isn't designed to stop food. Haven't I made that clear?

4. I'm just trying to stop god modding, so perhaps if you stopped, I wouldn't be posting here (gasp). Sorry that you believe I'm wasting my time because of you specifically.