A Message of Destiny

letub

destiny-1.png

As The Destiny Project continues to develop, we have a few announcements to make.

First off, Destiny's Child. As we add only active members to our ranks, we have created a branch off TDP for recruits to hang out in while we gauge their activity levels, both forum and IRC wise. As to be expected, all nations under Destiny's Child are protected from rogue attacks.

Second, embassies with TDP. We've decided to take our embassy approach in a new direction. As we still welcome embassies on TDP's forums, we've decided to move to IRC embassies. We realize that IRC activity is much more common than foreign forum activity, so hopefully we can get to know our friends and allies better by hanging out via IRC instead of bouncing back and forth between forums. To request an IRC embassy, please visit TDP's forums to request a private channel and we'll set one up.

Finally, The Destiny Pact revisions. We have decided to add in a PZI clause to this pact. Simply stating that any person caught using OOC attacks rather they be on a person of our community or forums, are subject to PZI.

Preamble:

This is Destiny's Universal Policy.

Article I: Destiny

We do not believe Optional Defense and Optional Aggression pacts are necessary as everything is optional.

Article II: E-Lawyer

This treaty allows for The Destiny Project to enter a war in the defense or aggression of any alliance we deem fit. This treaty may only be enacted by a seventy-five percent majority of our General Assembly.

Article III: No Reservations Required

Any alliance may assist in aggressive attacks by The Destiny Project and may help defend The Destiny Project from unprovoked attacks of aggression.

Article IV. The Destiny Pacts P-ZI Policy.

We reserve the right to PZI any nation who resorts to the use of OOC attacks rather they be on a person of our community or forums.

Article V: Good Night Sweet Prince

This treaty can be canceled by The Destiny Project General Assembly with a seventy-five percent majority.

You can reach us at:

www.thedestinyproject.com

or

#Destiny on Coldfront

Brought to you by the fine folks at TDP :P

I think he means as in OOC attack as in irl threats or something? :huh:

OOC attacks refer to nations that resort to hostile actions out of the bounds of CN in order to "attack" TDP ie. deleting forums, impersonating leaders, ect. These types of attacks are consider especially inappropriate and while we would prefer to avoid having to PZI someone; it is incredibly appropriate should their actions threaten the safety and security of TDP.

While it is not a decision we will take lightly; it is not one we will ignore should the situation arise.

edit: clarifying details

Edited by Murtagh

OOC attacks refer to nations that resort to actions out of the bounds of CN. ie. deleting forums, impersonating leaders, ect. These types of attacks are consider especially inappropriate and while we would prefer to avoid having to PZI someone; it is incredibly appropriate should their actions threaten the safety and security of TDP.

Then I support your PZI rule :)

OOC attacks refer to nations that resort to hostile actions out of the bounds of CN in order to "attack" TDP ie. deleting forums, impersonating leaders, ect. These types of attacks are consider especially inappropriate and while we would prefer to avoid having to PZI someone; it is incredibly appropriate should their actions threaten the safety and security of TDP.

While it is not a decision we will take lightly; it is not one we will ignore should the situation arise.

edit: clarifying details

There are better ways to put it than "OOC attackers get PZI'ed." Give yourself a little leeway with something like "any attack on the TDP will warrant an appropriate response, up to PZI for the most egregious offenses." Specialized clauses like the current PZI clause in a charter are kinda funny, it's usually better to have generalities in the charter and specifics as a part of alliance policy. You could even have a list of alliances policies, one of which would be "OOC offenses warrant a PZI in response."

There are better ways to put it than "OOC attackers get PZI'ed." Give yourself a little leeway with something like "any attack on the TDP will warrant an appropriate response, up to PZI for the most egregious offenses." Specialized clauses like the current PZI clause in a charter are kinda funny, it's usually better to have generalities in the charter and specifics as a part of alliance policy. You could even have a list of alliances policies, one of which would be "OOC offenses warrant a PZI in response."

Well this is not our charter... It is our alliance policies. And just like the rest of the Destiny Pact. Everything is a case by case issue.

Thanks for the suggestions. We will clarify our policy to avoid potential confusion in the future. :)

I never used to think that I'd support a perma ZI for anyone, but I've changed my mind. Simply put, there is some behavior that does warrant such an action. Hails and such, and best of luck growing, Destiny.

I have to agree with this which is why our policy has changed. I use to be a major opponent of PZI. However, [ooc]like the death penalty sometimes these things are necessary for the worst of the worst.[/occ]

Edit: Left out [/ooc]

Edited by TimLee