The Haruhiist Empire - All Lifeforms Welcome!

Elrich von Richt

Finally, the King got up, slowly.

"Forgive me, but it is time for me to leave. I do hope that we can meet another time, when there is less work for me to do in Austria."

With this, Alexander bowed towards Haruhi and then waited for her to say something...And in the absence of that, he would simply make his way out of the palace.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Six days late for her appointment Liska runs through the airport terminal, carrying a professional briefcase yet sporting her usual (if not trademark) school uniform, she exhaustedly dashed toward Kyon.

“You must be Kyon, I recognized your picture from an intelligence dossier Procintica isn’t keeping on you.

I’m Liska Atka, Procintica’s Acting Minister of Foreign Affairs and now apparently a Commodore. . ."

*Liska politely bows, unsuccessfully trying not to visibly yet furiously gasp for air*

"Sorry I’m running late. . . I’m not going to make excuses but my seaplane can’t even reach speeds of 200 mph, needless to say cross Pacific travel is sluggish at best. Generalissimo insists vintage aircraft are more glamorous than their modern equivalents, maybe a homage to the golden age of air travel, maybe a longing for a simpler era long gone, maybe an obsolete notion that a few machine gun turrets somehow guarantee my safety more than the speed of sound, maybe lack a alternative Procintican aircraft, it probably has more to do with Gen’s preference for the historical over the efficient. It can’t be saving any money, the thing is a genuine mint condition antique with it’s original 1940 equiptment and armament – that plane is actually worth more money than Procintica currently has. Whatever the reason it’s not because of Procintica’s relative lack of technological prowess, we have jet aircraft; we’re even secretly building an indigenous Super Sabre variant, but that’s classified so you didn’t hear it from me.

It also turns out my variant of the Consolidated PBY Catalina isn’t capable of a non-water landing, I had land at the coast and rent a flatbed truck to bring my aircraft to your airport, but I had to test for a commercial divers license to drive the flatbed truck, and when I finally had my commercial license Procintica’s economy collapsed and my rental deposit was invalid, I would have called but the telecommunications companies suspended Procintica’s communication accounts, when a private individual restored my country’s financial status I had the flatbed truck but couldn’t bring myself to meet with a diplomatic functionary without at least a shower and a change of clothes, but once I actually had a hotel room I might have spent a few hours dozing off.. . .

Please don’t tell me Haruhi had you waiting here the entire time.

Edited by Generalissimo

Kyon's eyes began to close at random intervals. She could tell he lacked sleep. Of course Haruhi had him waiting here all night, his job was after all mostly revolving around menial tasks. Did he want sleep? Obviously. But he had slept here at the airport, waiting for this foreign envoy. Of course, he had no problem with it by now, he just stopped resisting when Haruhi asked him. It wasn't just the SOS Brigade now, it was an actual Empire. But regardless, Haruhi understood Kyon's situation, he just didn't care anymore, it was his job. He managed to wake himself up.

"Yeah, i'm Kyon. Sorry if I seem dead beat, i've just been busy recently, and I was sent to wait here."

He waited for Liska's response, curious to see what she'd say. She probably knew her assumptions were more than correct.

“Generalissimo didn’t bother briefing me or anything, just how formal is this suppose to be? If you’re still capable of standing we could carry this meeting right here in this terminal, unless I’m supposed to be meeting with Suzumiya herself? Generalissimo’s communiqué was almost as vague as Haruhi’s corresponding invitation.

Whatever we do you might want to take a few hours off to recuperate; my sister always said a good night’s sleep is essential for successful international engagements.”

Kyon was tired, but not to point of dying of it in this terminal. The meeting was to be held as always, in the Imperial Palace. As such, Kyon would have no problem getting her a ride, and going back to the Palace to sleep. Of course, he could always sneak a nap in the limo. He chucked, such a thing would anger Haruhi if she found out, but it was worth it.

"Nah, Haruhi wanted to meet at the Palace. While i'm tired, i'll make it. Follow me, we'll go to the front door and catch the limo."

“Then there's no point standing around here is, lead on Comrade Errand Boy" -stifles laughter- "sorry about that last part it’s had to come up with an appropriate honorific for that part of your offcial title.

hoping she didn’t offend the poor official too much, Liska politely bowed in apology to her gracious-yet-overworked host & guide

"You might eventually want to find someone to take care of my ride, it’s the truck towing a seaplane illegally parked on the sidewalk in front of the airport terminal.”

Edited by Generalissimo

Kyon motioned to some Haruhiist airport officials to place the truck and seaplane in a hangar for storage. They complied, willingly. As he continued to walk, he felt rather suprised. This official wasn't all too bad, and managed to be friendly and funny without a disturbing sense of amusement and humor. Haruhi had that, but it was surprisingly liveable with. He admitted, he thought of Haruhi in romantic, erotic, or otherwise scenarios in his head before. The fact that they could ever actually make a couple made him a little annoyed though. He found Mikuru more attractive, physically. Although Haruhi was more lively. He rustled the thoughts out of his head, he shouldn't be thinking of this right now.

As the limo pulled up he allowed Liska to get in, although he opened the door for her. It was a friendly gesture, and they were the same age. Why not return the favor for that Comrade joke. It got him to laugh for the first time in a while.

"Right this way, Liska"

He smiled, and after Liska went in, got in himself, and then closed the door.

Off to Haruhigrad once more, Kyon thought.

Liska entered the Limo without hesitation or delay.

It’s been awhile since Liska was in a limo with someone her own age, of course there weren’t any limousines in Savoonga Village, but thinking further on the subject Liska couldn’t recall ever being in a limo with a boy her own age.

Her own age. . . the other students in Liska’s school were too intimidated to even talk to her, but most of the diplomatic community didn’t take a schoolgirl representative seriously – leaving her in a bizarre limbo without school age friends or a professional peer group.

Kyon had to be the least eccentric person Liska had encountered since ‘volunteering’ for Assistant Minister of Foreign Affairs, and the more Liska looked at Kyon the more ordinary he become, even holding two cabinet positions Kyon was only slightly less mundane than most of the people she went to high school with. After extended exposure to Generalissimo and other equally peculiar international figures normality was looking better every day.

Sending time alone with another government functionary closer to her own age yet of similar position had a definite appeal. Maybe she would ask to Kyon to participate in the average entertainment of people their age; like going to a movie, the mall, playing videogames, or whatever teenagers did for fun these days. This excursion could be nice change of pace, something normal without the pressures of improvised chaos.

Wait, she just spend minutes looking out the window lost in internal dialog – not good. At least it wasn’t external Generalissimo’s sort of external monologue, that’s just creepy. . . no time to think about that, say something so Kyon doesn’t think she’s spacey.

“Sorry, I’m still a little nervous, after spending most of my life on a tiny island and an even smaller village it’s not easy getting used to the idea of Palaces and God Empresses. After staring down Tahoe it seems a little silly being flustered by such minor things.”

Edited by Generalissimo

As he heard Liska's comment he could understand. They maintained different attitudes at the moment, but realized they didn't need to be hesitant to talk. He thought of the same things she probably was thinking of, even in his sleep-deprived state. Normality. He thought of normality. Going to do things normal high school friends would do for a change, rather than his eccentric governmental life thanks to Haruhi. Of course, if they did, they couldn't let Haruhi know. Considering his... memories... of what happened when Haruhi found him flirting, or even hanging out with another girl were not good ones. She would really let loose on him, one could say she could even "destroy the world" with her emotions. That little eccentric pocket of intelligence and energy was really a marvel to him sometimes.

As the limo kept going, they managed to keep up small talk, and have a decent conversation. They found similar interests, sometimes, and despite their different nationalities, had some things generically in common. Kyon liked that. Eventually, they pulled up to the Palace. Kyon was about to facepalm himself. There went his time wish Liska. Although then, he got a little a small bit of laughter inside him. Time was gone, for now, but that didn't mean they wouldn't sneak out and have fun together.

"Yeah, i can understand completely. The town i lived in within Japan wasn't too large. Unfortunately, we're here. The eccentric God-Empress will now end up seeing you."

He chuckled, and then snickered a bit.

"She's tolerable, and she's a good leader though. But don't worry, i'll make sure we get to have some fun together later, okay?"

With that, Kyon opened the door and awaited the inevitable. Once more he kept the door open for Liska. He sighed, god damnit, Haruhi here we come.

Eccentric is not an adjective Liska likes to hear describe any head of state; they call it insanity when it’s an ordinary person out on the street, but it’s somehow eccentric if nation’s leader is involved.

Kyons might have been holding his breath but it didn’t worry Liska the slightest, she’s probably dealt with much worse – like every day since ‘volunteering’ to work with Generalissimo, and on one’s worse than Generalissimo.

She practically lives with Generalissimo, she spent her entire life in uncomfortable close proxy to Generalissimo – how bad could Haruhi Suzumiya possibly be?

Besides, if thing got uncomfortable Kyon was there. . . Kyon wouldn’t let things go to far – right?

Speaking of Kyon. . . he wasn’t Theodore Jameson, but who was? By ‘get together later,’ was he asking her out on a date, interpersonal diplomatic engagement, a friendly outing, or some bizarre combination of the three? Liska would have to wait until after her audience with the resident God-Empress to find out for sure.

Liska straitened her school uniform, nodded to Kyon, and entered the palace entrance with as much confidence she could muster.

IC: An apology was sent to the Empire for not sending a diplomat earlier to meet with the Empress, and in the apology, it was stated that one would be sent immmediately following the communique, on a commercial airliner to save expense and fuel.

OOC: OK, I've got to get in on this... also, BUMP for Elrich *smirks*

"well this should be amusing..." Gorodetsky grinned. "I can only imagine what will be discovered by a ship powered by corn. God knows, your nation might have discovered an alternate energy source..."

OOC: I Don't Think I Have The Rite To Go And Make Stupid Comments But If Corn Was Discovered To Be A Alternate Energy Source I Want You To Know That I Will Tell Every One That The Haruhiist Empire [Cory] Called It.

IC: Soviet Empress Akira Chiharu of the Soviet Toastorian Empire wanted to make it known that if corn is discovered to be a energy source then there has to be at least a 10% chance that toast is a energy source to.

[OOC again: If There Is ANY Grammar OR Spelling Problems In This Post WHATSOEVER that I Am Sorry But My Grammar Is VARY Bad And That The Spell Check On Mozilla Firefox Is A Retard.]

Edited by EpicToaster360R