Personel file

Name - Henry Wellesy

Age - 42

Height - 5ft 11

Weight - 17 stone

status - Medical Discharge

occupation - Survival expert

role on expedition - Expedition leader.

It was damn cold on the ship when henry arrived back from the ship with the brigade of Military Engineers. After setting sail from the Malvinas 3 days Previously the White Coast was in sight. The antarctic coast was bathed in sunlight, the snow a blinding mirror of ice which caused the crew and soldiers to either turn away, put dodgy looking shades on or squint... Henry chose the dodgy looking shades because he was peculiar like that.

One of Premier Barneys new policies was peaceful expansion for our population. City 17 and City 18, being the two major urban sprawls for the Malvinian homelands were overflowing, and survaying contractors informed the Premier, nowhere on the rest of the island is sutible for a Civlian population due to rock formations, unstable ground and dangerous conditions. So as a result he personally funded, out of his own pocket, an expedition to Antarctica to expand the borders and open up more land for retail, industry and open better living conditions for Malvinian Citizens.

After Months of recconoitering the Area via small Civilian expeditions, and over flights by unarmed airforce recon planes the green light was given to set sail with the main colony.

Henry was one of the thousand or so colonists, all volunteers for the expedition. They had doctors, medical supplies, food, cooks, scientists for geological study, soldiers, building contracters, everything a nation needs to open up a new home.

The first thing that was to be done was the flattening of a snow plain and building of an airstrip for fast supplies, which was nearing completion.

The Engineers Vehicles, or "snow plows" they got nicknamed, had heated "plows" they created a good flat, compact area to start laying a steel grid for concrete and tarmac to be placed ontop for the aeroplanes.. after a quick word with the forman it should take between 2 and 3 three weeks until its ready to be used.

On the otherside of the snowplain, the Military detachment was busy constructing a "marching camp" as the troops called it. Basicly, it was a Fort that could be made in a matter of hours and housed the soldiers until they moved the next day, or over a few days.

This was no Military Fortification however, it was a 4 walled compound, steel panels dropped into place by a crane, which had a walkway roughly 6 feet across running the entire perimeter. Inside the compound, the various contractors were setting up a selection of Mobile homes which could Be constructed in a matter of hours. Normally they would stand no chance in such an environment Henry commented to the Forts forman early in the morning just as the final wall panel slipped into place.

The compound was 10x10 (10 panels on each side), giving at an effective area of roughly 1000m2, or a kilometer inside the compound to build in, broken down into 4 quarters the compound would have each squad filled with residence as and when it needed to be, and with a good portion of people still sleeping on the ship for a week or two, they erected 10ft high metal barriers to break the section up into 4 quarters until such a time that they could be removed and stowed away.

"Those mobile homes will not survive this weather mate, the occupants will freeze to death" Henry said quietly as he watched.

"No, they wont, the wall panels are high enough to keep all winds off the camp, wind will still get in obviously, but it wont be damaging" the forman responded earnestly.

Henrys mind was set at ease when he had a closer inspection of the walls and realised just how high they are, scanning over some blueprints he discovered when snooping in the formans cabin, he concluded each panel is:

length - 25 meters

height - 13 meters

width - 7 inches

weight - very damn heavy

Some idiot had crossed over the weight reading of the panels with "very damn heavy" which displeased Henry alot, but he came to the conclusion that something that big, made of steel is going to be very damn heavy and he strolled off out of the formans office back into the subzero temperatures.

Down where the boat lay at anchor, a second Company of Military engineers were busy building what become known as a "Mulbury Harbour" which is basicly, a floating harbour, all artifical of course, with a platformed walkway back onto the mainland. Once the Airstrip was finished of course, a real harbour could be built, until then. this would have to do.

It was all built maybe 25 meters ofshore, and it took the efforts of every builder on the first day to get the platoform constructed, and anchored into the seabed.

All Henry could think as he curled up in his Mobile home was that surviving here will be tough, but once we are established it shall be a walk in the park... he sat bolt upright in bed.

"what the bloody hell do i call this godforsken hole?" he wondered outloud, slightly disturbed by his apparent discontent at going to sleep until he had thought of a name.

The offical name in the reports would be "Ice Station Zebra"

The name on the signs, and letter addreses would be "City 1"

City one sounded great. a fresh start from the number 1.. not a random number from halfway up the numerical scale.. and pondering all of these meaningless thoughts he drifted off into first deep sleep of a new home, on a new land.

Edited by Zoot Zoot

It is hardly blatant colonialism. With growing populations comes the need for more land, and due to the sea restrictions on his controlled island, his population cannot properly expand. But nevertheless, it will continue to expand. With higher population densities comes many health problems which would drastically reduce the standard of life for the average Malvinan on the island. Lest we forget, islands are just like any other ecosystem where they have a carrying capacity.

Nation of Altea, yes it is expansion, for benefitial need.

Also, the area we have expanded into has no other populace, its in the arse end of the world, forgive the term. and its close to our homeland.

I suggest you research my Homeland, it cannot support 10000 people, ergo, we have expanded into Antarctica next to our Long time Ally, Kitex.

I am more then open to discuss the situation and explain indepth the Malvinian situation if you so wish. We are a Buddist Nation and do not Believe in warfare and violence unless it is in self defence, and even then it is with restraint.

Nation of Altea, yes it is expansion, for benefitial need.

Also, the area we have expanded into has no other populace, its in the arse end of the world, forgive the term. and its close to our homeland.

I suggest you research my Homeland, it cannot support 10000 people, ergo, we have expanded into Antarctica next to our Long time Ally, Kitex.

I am more then open to discuss the situation and explain indepth the Malvinian situation if you so wish. We are a Buddist Nation and do not Believe in warfare and violence unless it is in self defence, and even then it is with restraint.

Altea fell long ago. Perhaps you are confusing them with Aiginor, which is an insult. Your time has been lessened to 24 hours to halve your claim in Antartica, or action will be taken to reduce it.

OOC, whats your problem might i ask?

i did say im out of game for 2 days.

its a legit map claimw ith legit RP, ive explained my damn reasons to you IC. so i suggest you backoff.

and my apologies for the confusion, ive only been playing 2 weeks.

and why halve it?, if i take that peninsula, then ive got lots of land to expand with and work with, as oposed to continue expanding and possibly into sombody else which ide rather not do for obvious reasons because i lack the soldiers tanks etc to make it happen.

Edited by Zoot Zoot

Altea fell long ago. Perhaps you are confusing them with Aiginor, which is an insult. Your time has been lessened to 24 hours to halve your claim in Antartica, or action will be taken to reduce it.

OOC: Jeeze, give him a break in the naming area; he doesn't even know what the hell your name is IC-wise due to being so new. Hell, I don't even know which one you are. /OOC

"MNU wonders why your nation has such an itch for war with countries far smaller than yourself. That land is not even in use at all; why leave it unused when it can help someone."

"MNU strongly opposes such war-loving nations, nations that don't even try to resolve the issue diplomaticly and only through force."

we do not "hoard" land. its practicality, if we have that much then its adequate enough to build cities in etc, we are isolated and out of the way so no real reason exists for neighbours to get uncomfortible etc.

all we wish to do is expand into an empty area to release the pressures of the City 17 and city 18's living conditions, and this expansion shall improove them and remove some of the weight and bring the cities back down to a regular level of populous, as oposed to overcrowded, unhealthy pits of residence so to speak.

Edited by Zoot Zoot

While Furon can recognize the need for more land, after inhabiting such an island, we cannot recognize the need for such outright hostility by that of (ooc: insert Arkantos' nation name here...).

We do hope that you will rescind your ultimatum sent to the Malvinans, and re-think what you are doing.

we do not "hoard" land. its practicality, if we have that much then its adequate enough to build cities in etc, we are isolated and out of the way so no real reason exists for neighbours to get uncomfortible etc.

all we wish to do is expand into an empty area to release the pressures of the City 17 and city 18's living conditions, and this expansion shall improove them and remove some of the weight and bring the cities back down to a regular level of populous, as oposed to overcrowded, unhealthy pits of residence so to speak.

Our statement wasn't directed at you.

Aginor has no business telling a nation across the ocean what land they can and cannot have. There are worse claims of imperialism and expansion going all over the world, but you chose to focus on this small nation that has offended no other nation, besides somehow yourself. We demand that you retract this ultimatum and war will not come from Australia to a nation that only wishes a small amount of land on an virtually uninhabited continent.

Our statement wasn't directed at you.

i do apologies if our statement seemed rude sir, it appeared aimedat us and i must apologies for any offront our response caused you.

edit.. OOC. i <3 you guys XD

Edited by Zoot Zoot

OOC: I believe I'm the one who started the bandwagon. ;)

OOC: I know :). Older players know what I'm talking about ;).

(Diberia was attacked, then the world united and thumped them. So a Diberia Bandwagon = Big nation attacks/threatens little nation, world nations threaten and/or attack big nation, etc.)

Rakata urges calm and dialogue between both nations at this juncture. We hope that the parties involved can come to a fair and just agreement without the need for bloodshed. We also, again offer our services as a peacekeeping contingent if any nation wishes it to be so.