Disparu News Network

Pikachurin

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Baloch is an almost exclusively military province with very little civilian population. Hence it might not be profitable for your company. Moreover it is a sensitive zone.

"Thank you for letting us know. We shall avoid the province as much as possible."

"The government of Kitex allows McHortons to operate in all provinces of our nation, also they will be subject to a 10% tax as are all corporations that operate in Kitex are."

"We will be happy to establish a McHortons branch in Kitex, and we take the Government for their permission."

De facto religion updated

After a recent survey by Disparuean Heritage, it has been discovered that the majority of Disparueans practise Sikhism as their religion. As such, the de facto religion has been changed from Judaism to Sikhism.

Of course, all Disparueans are still allowed to practise whatever religion they believe in, as forcing everyone to follow Sikhism will be a breach of human rights.

Major evacuation

Settlements, towns and cities near the Disparu-GLS border has been evacuated by the Government to the east. The Government has stated that innocent civilians may be killed by the conflict between rogue forces from the GLS and the Disparuean Forces.

Meanwhile, thousands of refugees are flooding into Disparu in droves. most have applied for refugee status while some are applying for permanent residency. The refugees' rations and board are currently being provided by the Government. In case of any shortages and needs, the GOvernment is encouraging citizens to donate canned goods, hygiene materials, and anything that can be used by refugees.

Stay tuned for updates.

Province of Coronet under lockdown

Coronet Governor Melissa Fantina, under the advice of the Disparuea Forces, has initiated a province-wide lockdown. All communication in and out of the province is prohibited, and all public affairs are suspended. Civilians must stay indoors for the duration of the lockdown, no exceptions. Any civilian who needs any supplies may contact this toll-free number.

Parliament has been temporarily moved to the city of Eterna.

Edited by Pikachurin

"Zargathia is concerned by this unexpected outbreak of violence. Though we find ourselves unaware of the current situation, we would like to send in 3,000 troops under the banner of the White Cross to tend to the refugees and wounded. Please send a copy of your reply to Ning Chen and Grover Soto for the purposes of coordinating this mission."

"Zargathia is concerned by this unexpected outbreak of violence. Though we find ourselves unaware of the current situation, we would like to send in 3,000 troops under the banner of the White Cross to tend to the refugees and wounded. Please send a copy of your reply to Ning Chen and Grover Soto for the purposes of coordinating this mission."
cc: Ning Chen, Zargathian Ambassador to Disparu; Grover Soto, Disparuean Ambassador to Zargathia

As long as the troops are for humanitarian purposes ONLY, they may come to Coronet, Disparu in order to assist us in aiding the refugees from the GLS. Please be advised that the troops will be detained and deported if they become a threat to Disparu's national security.

OOC: I'm glad I discovered that DNN has an OWF thread. Due to this forum's $%&@ed up complicated rules (that is, the fact that no one gives you any attention unless the territory you desire is free on the map), I will not be RPing here, but I will most definitely be keeping an eye on this thread :)

Due to the recent cyber attack on Disparu and the resulting lockdown, the Government was forced to distribute these flyers to all Disparueans:

DisparuGovernmentSeal.png

Greetings,

As you may have noticed, Disparu is currently under lockdown due to the recent Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) attack against Disparuean systems. Please refrain from leaving your homes, and report any problems (from safety to rations) via this toll-free number. All public affairs and communications are currently suspended until further notice. Emergency communication systems are currently enabled; please listen to your radio or television in order to receive the latest updates from the Government.

Please note that the cyber attack has damaged certain equipment and utilities such as water lines. Please refrain from using the tap or your stove. Be prepared for any blackouts as they may happen anytime. Rest assured, repair teams are currently working around the clock to fix these problems. If you see any damaged equipment, please contact the provided toll-free number.

This DDoS was not, in any way, related to the recent attacks in the Disparu-GLS border.

Be safe.

Edited by Pikachurin

Lockdown lifted

The nationwide lockdown has been lifted by the Chancellor, after listening to the advice of the Disparuean Forces and the Ministry of Science and Technology. All utilities damaged by the DDoS have been repaired and are now operating properly. Communication has been restored.

Parliament has been returned to Jubilife.

Disparu abandons capital punishment

The Commons has revealed that the Capital Punishment Act has been rescinded during the nationwide lockdown by a wide margin. Capital punishment has been viewed as cruel and inhumane, and will no longer be used in Disparu. Anyone currently on death row will be sentenced to life imprisonment instead.

All execution chambers are currently being dismantled and emptied. A plaque informing the reader of the chamber's previous purpose will be placed on all four execution chambers, while a wreath will also be placed on Coronet High Security Prison's chamber to commemorate the only person executed in Disparu.

Darach Park opened to the public

DarachPark.png

Darach Park, a park dedicated to the late Queen Caitlin Darach, has been opened to to the public after the recent nationwide lockdown. Costing approximately three hundred million Disparuean dollars, the park is located near the spot of Darach's assassination and contains a monument to Darach, a large field for picnics and sport events, the Park Garden, a man-made lake with a replica of Disparu, a hydraulophone, a life-size chess set and a museum dedicated to Disparuean history.

Justin Murphy calls in an aide inside the former State Capitol. "Henry, would you please bring me the news coming from other countries in North America? Namely Provus Ingruo, Disparu, and New England?" "Absolutely, right away Mr. President!" The aide left the room, and returned with several rolls of paper, and laid them at the President's desk. "And for all our sakes, when will the Capitol building have internet access? Pay the company to set things up, I really want to get back to using the world wide web for my news-collecting." "Yes, Mr. President, I will get right on that. Alabama Telecommunications Inc. has been having problems, but we will have internet shortly."

Murphy laid out the papers, and picked up the one on Disparu, containing the news on the park and the death penalty. A broad grin stretched across his face and his eyes lit up bright as the newborn sky in the morning.

He set to work.

Disparu,

The Federal Republic is pleased to see that the horrendous practice of state-sponsored murder has ended within the boundaries of your nation. Such a practice is below civilized nations, and it brings us much jubilation that you have abolished such crimes against the natural rights of man, that all are granted upon birth. That said, we are also pleased with your public works, that park is a fine piece of work. I would like to spend the weekend there one day, when the nation is not so new and there isn't so much to be tended to. I digress. Congratulations on both achievements, comrades.

Regards,

President Justin Patton Murphy, Federal Republic of America.

He pulled the sheet from the typewriter, and handed it to Henry. "Get that duplicated into Quebcois French, and send both versions, pronto. Thank you, Henry."

Justin leaned back in his chair and looked out across the city of Montgomery, before picking up the next paper, and perusing it.

OOC: It's a purdy park. =]

Edited by Germanic Republic

OoC: It's the Gardens of Versailles in RL. It's really awesome. :awesome:

Sorry for the late reply.

IC:

Lance Pikachurin was watching and laughing at a video feed from Caucasia's News Channel 8, something about Chancellor Celeste being unfit for government, when he heard a knock on his study's door. Immediately closing his web browser and composing himself, he said, "Come in."

His secretary entered the study, closing the door behind her as she walked towards Lance's desk on the far right side of the room. She dropped a rather fat envelope in front of Lance. "Sir, you've received a letter from the President of the Federal Republic of America."

"Ah, yes, thank you," said Lance. The secretary immediately left the room.

Two letters fell out of the envelope; one in English and one in French.

Disparu,

The Federal Republic is pleased to see that the horrendous practice of state-sponsored murder has ended within the boundaries of your nation. Such a practice is below civilized nations, and it brings us much jubilation that you have abolished such crimes against the natural rights of man, that all are granted upon birth. That said, we are also pleased with your public works, that park is a fine piece of work. I would like to spend the weekend there one day, when the nation is not so new and there isn't so much to be tended to. I digress. Congratulations on both achievements, comrades.

Regards,

President Justin Patton Murphy, Federal Republic of America.

----------

Disparu,

La République fédérale est heureux de voir que la pratique horrible égide de l'Etat assassiner s'est terminée dans les limites de votre nation. Une telle pratique est en dessous des nations civilisées, et il nous apporte beaucoup de joie que vous avez supprimé de tels crimes contre les droits naturels de l'homme, que tous sont accordées dès la naissance. Cela dit, nous sommes également satisfaits de vos travaux publics, ce parc est un beau morceau de travail. Je voudrais passer le week-end là un jour, quand la nation n'est pas si nouveau et il n'y a pas tant d'être entretenu à. Je m'égare. Félicitations aux deux réalisations, les camarades.

Observe,

Président Justin Patton Murphy, République fédérale d'Amérique.

After reading through the letter twice to make sure that he didn't overlook anything, Lance opened his favourite word-processing program and began to type.

Greetings President Murphy,

Thank you for your kind words.

We are also glad that we have ended the barbaric act of capital punishment. We obviously do not have the right to end someone else's life, even if the person has committed atrocities against society. That being said, we have already apologized to the family of the only person executed in Disparu and have given them a pension, but the damage cannot be reversed.

You will always be welcome to visit Darach Park any time, comrade. Just let me know and I will be more than happy to give you a personal tour of the Park.

Good luck, and I hope that we will encounter each other one day.

Regards,

Lance Pikachurin

After reading through the reply, he called for his secretary and asked her to send it back to the President.

Darach Park opened to the public

DarachPark.png

Darach Park, a park dedicated to the late Queen Caitlin Darach, has been opened to to the public after the recent nationwide lockdown. Costing approximately three hundred million Disparuean dollars, the park is located near the spot of Darach's assassination and contains a monument to Darach, a large field for picnics and sport events, the Park Garden, a man-made lake with a replica of Disparu, a hydraulophone, a life-size chess set and a museum dedicated to Disparuean history.

OOC: My, that's a beautifuk park. :wub:

IC:

"My, that's a beautiful park." :wub:

Disparuean suffrage rights and office requirements updated

The Commons of Disparu has decided to change Disparu's suffrage rights and government office requirements. Voting age has been lowered from 18 to 16, however the ability to run for office has been raised from 18 to 22, while the "have no criminal record" part of the requirements have been raised from 10 years to 15 years.

The amendment was part of Chancellor Celeste and the Empire Party's plan to reform the Government.

Despite the fact that the amendment managed to get through the Commons and Senate without getting vetoed, it has been subject to a great deal of criticism and controversy.

Here is a transcript of Chancellor Celeste's speech to the Commons:

*Commons Hemicycle is shown, camera zooms in*

Celeste: "By raising the requirement age for office from 18 to 22 will make sure that our officials have matured and have experience instead of instantly running for office as soon as they get out of high school. And the no criminal record part is to make sure that none of our officials are or were criminals."

*short pause, murmurs can be heard*

Celeste: "And finally, lowering the voting age from 18 to 16 will enable our youth to express their political views more. The youth are our future, and will be running things around here in the future. Besides, I'm quite sure that they will use their new rights responsibly."

Random MP: "Liar!"

*Celeste gives said MP an offended look, everyone in the Hemicycle looks towards the MP*

Edited by Pikachurin

***CLASSIFIED***

Fortification of Disparu's borders

Work on building a border wall on the Disparu-GLS border has began due to the attacks by terrorist troops from GLS's side. There will be two major sections of the wall, Blue and Green (marked on this map):

borderwalls.png

There will be four checkpoints where Disparueans and GLS citizens can cross over - two on the blue wall and two on the green wall.

Both walls will be finished in two months (OoC: Two RL weeks).

Meanwhile, the security in the Disparu-New England border (labeled pink on the map) has been upgraded and increased. Just in case.

Celeste: "And finally, lowering the voting age from 18 to 16 will enable our youth to express their political views more. The youth are our future, and will be running things around here in the future. Besides, I'm quite sure that they will use their new rights responsibly."

Random MP: "Liar!"

*Celeste gives said MP an offended look, everyone in the Hemicycle looks towards the MP*

OOC: Why does that remind me of Ron Wilson? :lol1:

<-- The following post is not OOC, but it's similarly not exactly part of CNRP, as I am not on the "official" map -->

150px-Reichsadler.svg.png

Office of the Greffier

Neue Reichstag

Nordhausen

To:

Ministry of Foreign Affairs

Federation of Disparu

Jubilife

Mr Muddkip:

I have recently been informed that the Federation of Disparu has undergone electoral reform. As the responsible party for overseeing elections here in the People's Empire of Greater Germania, I have taken the initiative to write this short letter to you in the hope you will see that it finds its way to the responsible party within the Federation's government.

First, I wish to make a note regarding the alteration of the voting age, lowering the age to sixteen from eighteen years. This is a move that both I personally, as well as His Majesty's Imperial Government, deeply support. While we in Greater Germania have no minimum voting age, instead requiring that those below the age of twelve take appropriate steps to demonstrate their willingness and desire to participate in our democratic system, we do support a lower minimum voting age to seeing no change at all. Democracy is only as universal as it applied universally. This leads me, then, to my second point.

His Imperial Majesty the Emperor wishes to express his deep concern regarding the decision to raise the minimum age for assuming public office. The People's Empire worries that this move will limit the ability for budding young minds to contribute fully to Disparuean politics and society. To draw a similar parallel, nineteen Imperial Diet members (who are elected), three members of the Imperial Council, as well as one of our ministers, are below the age of twenty-two. In fact, two of the said members of the Imperial Diet are only fifteen and sixteen years of age respectively, but were popularly elected nonetheless and have worked excellently within the Diet, one becoming a leading member of the Left-Wing Opposition. While I personally can understand your rationale for the decision, both myself and the Emperor believe that overshadowing democratic rights for the sake of attempting to ensure the maturity of the government is only hindering the ability of your nation to fully advance to a society free of discrimination, including discrimination based on age.

I look forward to hearing from you, or the responsible party, regarding your implementation of these reforms and how they work after being implemented.

Accept, Sir, the assurance of my highest consideration.

[Signed]

Sigismund van Aalten,

Office of the Greffier

People's Empire of Greater Germania

Edited by Michael von Prussia

125px-Canadian_Duality_Flagsvg.png

Ministry of Foreign Affairs | Ministère des Affaires étrangères

Jubilife, Disparu

To:

Office of the Greffier

Neue Reichstag

Nordhausen, Großgermania

Greetings Mr. van Aalten,

I apologize for the delay in a reply, as I had been on a diplomatic mission to Acca Dacca.

Anyways, it is glad to know that people still listen to Disparuean news and affairs. A normal Disparuean usually would not care about any changes to our government as long as the changes do not affect them severely. Nevertheless we still try to get Disparueans to be more involved in our government, hence the reason why we lowered the minimum voting age.

As for your second point, I will have to agree. Age obviously does not serve as the only measure for maturity, as demonstrated by the MP who called our Chancellor a "liar" right in front of the entire Commons. If memory serves right, the MP has not apologized to the Chancellor and is still adamant about the Chancellor being a "liar".

The Democratic Party of Disparu (DPD), my political party and the party that currently forms the Disparuean Government, is currently making plans to reform our slightly flawed electoral system. We plan on introducing and implementing it in the near future, so please stay informed. The reform will be major enough that it will warrant another election and add more stability to the Government.

I shall forward this message to both the DPD and the Empire Party of Disparu, Chancellor Celeste's political party.

Regards,

Wallace Muddkip

Minister of Foreign Affairs

OoC: You just gave me an idea! ;)