Disparu News Network

Pikachurin

(OOC: Sorry for the late reply, RL was kinda busy. :blush:)

[b]PRIVATE[/b]

Lilian was, for a lack of a better phrase, completely stressed out. For nearly a whole month, her Ministry had been dealing with countless military reports, each needing to be sent to a particular officer of the Disparuean Forces or the Ministry of Defence, involving the Great Lakes Provinces and, for a short amount of time, Labrador. That, coupled with the collapse and dissolution of many of their stronger allies, including Canuckistan and the great Maritime Republic, had begun to tax her greatly. For quite some time now she had been forced to work overtime to make sure that everything in the Ministry was working well and all important messages were being received and entertained, while having emergency meetings with various facets of the Government. She was, in fact, ready to snap when the Ursalian Government's message reached her desk. Fearing it was yet another military report or request about the former J Andres, she reluctantly opened it and painfully skimmed through its contents. Her face suddenly relaxed as she read on, and read more slowly as she thought up of a reply. Carefully setting it down on her desk, she turned to her computer and begun to type out a reply:

[quote][center][img]http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100906003828/cybernations/images/thumb/2/29/DisparuGovernmentSeal.png/250px-DisparuGovernmentSeal.png[/img][/center]

[b]TO/À:[/b] Celso Amorim, Minister of External Affairs of the Kingdom of Ursalia
[b]FROM/DE:[/b] Lilian Meridian, Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Federation of Disparu

[b]DATE:[/b] le 11 novembre / November 2011

Honourable Minister,

The Federation often feels that it has close ties with the West. When our nations were still united under the Maple Leaf several decades ago, the people of Quebec felt solace with western Canada's separatist movements; after all, it was great to know that, in another part of the continent, a different group of people was working towards the same goals as ours. During the time of Viniland, we felt elated as your benevolent predecessors confirmed our sovereignty through the Disparu Act and allowed us to form a nation that will be welcomed by the international community. During the time of Canuckistan, we felt camaraderie as both of our nations worked together to fight the evils of North America, particularly the Great Lakes Provinces. And now, the Disparuean people once again feel grateful that the successor to these great nation-states has reached out a helping hand to our faltering nation.

As such, I would like to express my heartfelt gratitude for lighting up our otherwise gloomy world. You see, the fall of the Maritime Republic, as well as our current war with the rogue Great Lakes Provinces, has taken its toll on both the Government and the people. Establishing trading relations between our nations will most certainly be welcomed by everyone in Disparu, as it will help us get back to our feet, as well as provide Ursalian businesses new markets to sell their goods. With that said, I would like to know if you wish to discuss a more formal trading agreement between our nations. We may meet in Ursalia or Disparu, though I would prefer to discuss this matter in your nation as Disparu is being threatened by the Great Lakes menace at the moment.

Likewise, we hope that our nations will continue to develop relations.

Regards,
[i]/s/[/i]
Lilian Meridian
Minister of Foreign Affairs
Member, Empire Party[/quote]

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Pikachurin' timestamp='1289519332' post='2510716']
(OOC: Sorry for the late reply, RL was kinda busy. :blush:)[/quote]

OOC: It's okay. :P

IC:

[quote][b]PRIVATE[/b]

Lilian was, for a lack of a better phrase, completely stressed out. For nearly a whole month, her Ministry had been dealing with countless military reports, each needing to be sent to a particular officer of the Disparuean Forces or the Ministry of Defence, involving the Great Lakes Provinces and, for a short amount of time, Labrador. That, coupled with the collapse and dissolution of many of their stronger allies, including Canuckistan and the great Maritime Republic, had begun to tax her greatly. For quite some time now she had been forced to work overtime to make sure that everything in the Ministry was working well and all important messages were being received and entertained, while having emergency meetings with various facets of the Government. She was, in fact, ready to snap when the Ursalian Government's message reached her desk. Fearing it was yet another military report or request about the former J Andres, she reluctantly opened it and painfully skimmed through its contents. Her face suddenly relaxed as she read on, and read more slowly as she thought up of a reply. Carefully setting it down on her desk, she turned to her computer and begun to type out a reply:
[/quote]

[b]PRIVATE[/b]

Another reply was sent to Disparu. It was brief but warm:

[quote][img]http://imgur.com/Wjk9As.jpg[/img]

[color="#000000"][font="Courier New"]TO: Lilian Meridian, Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Federation of Disparu
FROM: Celso Amorim, Minister of External Affairs of the Kingdom of Ursalia

We understand the reasoning, and we will hold a meeting in the Kingdom of Ursalia. You can send your representative to the City of Nadrink, the former capital of the former Viniland, or to be exact, in the d'Albuquerque Palace, the former residence of the d'Albuquerque royal family. That will be where we will meet in. I feel we will have much to discuss, and that we will walk out of the meeting place with something that will greatly benefit both our nation in the long run.

I look forward to meeting with you.

With the highest regards,
[i]/s/[/i]
Celso Amorim,
Minister of External Affairs[/font][/color][/quote]

(OOC: Shall I make a separate thread? :))

• 4 weeks later...

[b]Protectorate of Ontario officially established![/b]

[center][IMG]http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii55/LT_imageserver/OntarioLegislature-Small.png[/IMG]
[i]The Legislature of the Protectorate of Ontario, seat of the new protectorate's government.[/i][/center]

KING'S PARK, ON—Today, during a speech outside the Legislature of Ontario, Legislative Triumvir Paul Berlitz announced the Disparuean Parliament's Act that officially established the Protectorate of Ontario and its government. Triumvir Berlitz also announced the results of the recent democratic election throughout Ontario, as well as the Disparuean Government's appointees for the positions of Executor, Praetor and Magistrate.

The Protectorate's government is extremely identical to the one established in Greater Acadia. It has a triumvirate at the top–an Executor (responsible for executive branch), Praetor (responsible for legislature) and a Magistrate (responsible for judiciary). Below them are the three branches of government–the executive ministries, responsible for day-to-day affairs, the elected Legislature, responsible for passing laws, and the judicial Protectorate Court, responsible for various judicial functions. Ontario is further divided into counties, districts, and municipalities, each having its own distinct government.

The recent elections for the 107 seats of the unicameral Ontarian Legislature has resulted in the Ontario Liberal Party earning 71 seats, enough to make a majority government, 32 seats for the New Democratic Party of Ontario, making it the official opposition, and four seats for the Conservative Party of Ontario. Parties that formerly comprised the rogue Great Lakes Provinces' legislature, such as the Economist Party, were prohibited from participating in the election. This, of course, did not matter, as they are currently awaiting trial for crimes against Ontario and Disparu.

Triumvir Berlitz announced that Parliament would be appointing Dalton McGuinty, Liberal Party leader and former Ontario Premier, as the Praetor of Ontario. Jack Layton, New Democrat leader and a former official from Canuckistan, was appointed as the Executor of Ontario. The honourable Heather Forster Smith, former Chief Justice of Ontario, was appointed as the Magistrate of Ontario. The Ontarian triumvirate will be facing the difficult task of restoring Ontario to its former glory during their tenure.

So far, Layton (ND) and McGuinty (L) have promised that their parties will be putting aside their differences for the time being to resolve all of the problems caused by nearly three years of the Great Lakes States/ Provinces corrupt rule on Ontario. Tim Hudak, leader of the Conservative Party, has also promised to cooperate for the time being.

As a sign of cooperation, the three parties will be unanimously passing three bills through the Legislature. The first, dubbed as the Ontario Restoration Bill, is extremely important as it will be used to restore all facets of Ontario to their previous, working states. Roads and other infrastructure-related projects will be started and completed. Industries gutted out during the GLP military junta's rule, such as the automotive industry, will be restored and supported by the government. Families and persons displaced during the era of sadism will be compensated and taken care of.

The second bill, the Great Lakes Provinces Condemnation Bill, will essentially condemn all facets of the previous regimes. The bill will set up an interrogative tribunal that will process all those guilty of crimes against Ontario and Disparu. It will also go through all records of the two previous regimes, with the help of Disparuean authorities and make them available to the general public, with the exception of those relating to security (such as military plans) and personal information. The bill shall also ensure that all major criminal gangs and circles in existence in Ontario will be destroyed and arrested.

The third bill, the Northern Ontario Unification Bill, shall approve a Disparuean military expedition to the Black Phoenix Empire. The empire is said to have fallen into anarchy, which can be utilized by those wishing to escape from the wrath of the Disparuean Government. About 30,000 troops will be sent there to enforce the law, and to annex it to Ontario proper.

[i](OOC: Lutai's last post in this forum was on the [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=92904&view=findpost&p=2493249"]25th of October[/url], while his last RP-related post was on the [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=42831&view=findpost&p=2508359"]9th of November[/url]. He is over 25 days inactive either way.)[/i]

So far, Ontarians are extremely optimistic about their future and are trusting their government to do the right thing.