The Dawn of a new era for Sparta

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If all the clause is to protect your sovereignty, why didn't you say as much? What you have right there clearly reserves the right for Sparta to apply any of its rules to any nation ruler of any AA.

Edit: grammar fail

It's referring to non-members on their AA. There's a reason why the term "ghost" is in there.

Edited by Aurion

If all the clause is to protect your sovereignty, why didn't you say as much? What you have right there clearly reserves the right for Sparta to apply any of its rules to any nation ruler of any AA.

Edit: grammar fail

Why would we need to spell it out when it is clearly implied? A charter spells out the sovereign existence and laws the alliance has applied to itself, not on others. Those would be doctrines and such. Why would we try to put the entire world under our laws if we knew it were impossible to enforce? I find it amusing that you're so intent on stirring up trouble where there is none.

Why would we need to spell it out when it is clearly implied? A charter spells out the sovereign existence and laws the alliance has applied to itself, not on others. Those would be doctrines and such. Why would we try to put the entire world under our laws if we knew it were impossible to enforce? I find it amusing that you're so intent on stirring up trouble where there is none.

Everyone's always looking out for their own interests. If the opportunity presented itself, would you really not consider hegemonical world domination?

Everyone's always looking out for their own interests. If the opportunity presented itself, would you really not consider hegemonical world domination?

If the opportunity presented itself and we actually wanted hegemonic domination, having some sort of tin foil hat clause in our charter would still be pointless. You are really stretching for a conspiracy theory here.

If the opportunity presented itself and we actually wanted hegemonic domination, having some sort of tin foil hat clause in our charter would still be pointless. You are really stretching for a conspiracy theory here.

Considering how bruised and bloody you guys have left common decency and logic after the past three months, one never knows.

Sparta care to comment on how by removing the senate from the charter you in theory leaving the democratic ties behind and adopting a more monarchical hierarchy, I hope why the founders added the senate in the 1st place unless they did so to put a check and allow the voice of the democracy to voice dissent?

We have people in Sparta, like myself, who are definitely not afraid to say what we think. I'm not in government there and have no plans to be, but if I feel that strongly against something, you can bet the farm that I will speak up. The thing you should really take from this overall statement, more so than my willingness to stand my ground, is that the government there has yet to brush anyone off that I've seen. They handle all questions or concerns professionally and with the interests of all parties involved as their primary concern.

@Duke - Common decency also would have procluded you from making your most recent snipe toward Sparta. Don't throw rocks when you live in a glass house okay? and don't start reading that as a threat, it's simply some sound advice to live by.

@Duke - Common decency also would have procluded you from making your most recent snipe toward Sparta. Don't throw rocks when you live in a glass house okay? and don't start reading that as a threat, it's simply some sound advice to live by.

I wasn't aware common decency prevented one from telling the truth. As far as throwing rocks etc., I find that a hilariously ironic piece of advice coming from Sparta.

I wasn't aware common decency prevented one from telling the truth. As far as throwing rocks etc., I find that a hilariously ironic piece of advice coming from Sparta.

Exactly what truth did you tell besides make yourself look the part of a fool making up nonsensical, entirely hypothetical conspiracy theories? Do you know why you're the only one who brought it up? You're the only one thick enough to come up with something so far out there.

Oh wait, I forgot that you caught us red handed trying to place the entire world under our control. You even admitted in your 2nd to last post that your tin foil hat talk has no basis in reality or facts. Also, please give me an example of Sparta not showing common decency?

EDIT: typo

Edited by Matthew Conrad

Exactly what truth did you tell besides make yourself look the part of a fool making up nonsensical, entirely hypothetical conspiracy theories? Do you know why you're the only one who brought it up? You're the only one thick enough to come up with something so far out there.

Oh I don't know maybe it was that reference to that whole Karma war wherein you showed yourself to be hypocrites. You know, the comment you got upset about? Maybe you have a problem with metonymy and missed it.

Oh wait, I forgot that you caught us red handed trying to place the entire world under our control. You even admitted in your 2nd to last post that your tin foil hat talk has no basis in reality or facts.

When you define "ghosts" as people who've not taken your oath without any reference to their alliance affiliation things get kind of sketchy. I mean, you could have carefully proofread your charter and been on the lookout for such infelicitous implications, and then we wouldn't be here at all.

Also, please give me an example of Sparta not showing common decency?

April 20 and 23 2009 were some lowpoints.

Oh I don't know maybe it was that reference to that whole Karma war wherein you showed yourself to be hypocrites. You know, the comment you got upset about? Maybe you have a problem with metonymy and missed it.

When you define "ghosts" as people who've not taken your oath without any reference to their alliance affiliation things get kind of sketchy. I mean, you could have carefully proofread your charter and been on the lookout for such infelicitous implications, and then we wouldn't be here at all.

You've never mentioned the Karma war this whole thread so how exactly did I get upset over it? I see your form of logic is at least consistent. Apparently you either weren't even around during the months leading up to the war or you have taken a your own wishful thinking to heart in order to justify your obvious dislike of us. If you're going to insult us, please do so with some solid evidence and sound logic instead of your self admitted nonsense.

The reason we use the word ghost is because it is a commonly accepted term referring to people wearing your AA without your permission. I'm sorry that you don't understand what common terms on these forums mean. However, it's not my responsibility to teach you the common meanings of terms on Bob. It's also not Sparta's responsibility that one person has to make up our motives in order to find something to nit pick on.

I'm so bad with dates, please elaborate for me. I can't imagine you would be referring to us activating a cancellation clause on a treaty to be outside of common decency. surely you must be referring to something else.

@Duke Atreides:

5. The Spartans, ghosts and allies shall have certain classes which are listed below:

α) Helots – Non-Members or “Ghosts”; Subject to Spartan laws and regulations but not protected by the Spartan Constitution; Have not taken the oath of membership or have had it invalidated; No Internal Access.

You really wanted us to add a clarification that a class of Spartans doesn't include everyone on Bob. I think it's more than implied. It's quite clear. The only possible misinterpretation available (and this is an absurd leap itself) would be that allies somehow fall under this class. In case you were worried, I can assure you this is not the case. Aren't you happy now? Your fears have been laid to rest :).

@Mathew&Sethly: Don't feed them. It only makes them more hungry!!! The fine gentleman's problems with Sparta's past actions aren't really the topic of this thread.

Edited by Trinite

@Mathew&Sethly: Don't feed them. It only makes them more hungry!!! The fine gentleman's problems with Sparta's past actions aren't really the topic of this thread.

i was just trying to keep him bumping our constitution thread. it's so beautiful, that i want it up here forever! ;-P and also, good point made above

Dost not thou fear the repercussions of speaking out against the document that binds you so to our very laws, oh peasant and non-member of Sparta?

Bite thine tongue lest we punish thou for speaking out against the subjugation that we are legitimately subjecting thou to. Thou dost know that we occasionally cancel treaties with good reason, and that should be evidence enough that we might-ith smite thou for thine insolence. )):

Anyway, Aurion got it. It says non-members OR ghosts, not non-members AND ghosts. It's meant to be read as "non-members otherwise known as ghosts". Sparta has a long history of defining the word "ghost" as a nation that is under the Alliance Affiliation of Sparta, but not a member. We consider those people to be Helots. If you'd like to know the word we use for non-allied alliances aside from ourselves, it's Persians.

Edited by George the Great

Anyway, Aurion got it. It says non-members OR ghosts, not non-members AND ghosts. It's meant to be read as "non-members otherwise known as ghosts". Sparta has a long history of defining the word "ghost" as a nation that is under the Alliance Affiliation of Sparta, but not a member. We consider those people to be Helots. If you'd like to know the word we use for non-allied alliances aside from ourselves, it's Persians.

Too long have i sat idly by and tolerated your horrid grammar. How i didn't see that lack of punctuation in the constitution is beyond me, but know this: i will not make the same mistake again. LERN2COMMA

Too long have i sat idly by and tolerated your horrid grammar. How i didn't see that lack of punctuation in the constitution is beyond me, but know this: i will not make the same mistake again. LERN2COMMA

It seriously would have allowed us to avoid this entire thread of discussion. As far as the Karma War goes, metonymy is obviously not something you're too great at, and turning on your allies and denouncing them for things you took part in is not exactly the height of honor.

Edit: syntax fail

Edited by Duke Atreides

It seriously would have allowed us to avoid this entire thread of discussion. As far as the Karma War goes, metonymy is obviously not something you're too great at, and turning on your allies and denouncing them for things you took part in is not exactly the height of honor.

"not too great at"? "not exactly the height"? stop speaking in such ambiguous words lol my opinion is that you're just bitter.

Edit: syntax fail

You have no idea what actually went on with regard to the Karma war, Duke, so I suggest you stop assuming everything you've been told to assume. Either way, this is not the thread for that.

Aside from that, you not bringing up a moot point that you all ready knew the answer to would have allowed us to avoid this entire thread of discussion. You thought you saw an opportunity to make us look a tiny bit bad because in that whole document, we missed a comma, so you jumped on it... and it backfired. It's ok Duke, it's ok.

I'm glad to see you as King of Sparta, George.

Thanks, Starfox. I'm glad to see that you can play this game like everyone else again. :)

I wasn't speaking for Sparta, I was speaking for Regent of Omerta. I find it "hilariously ironic" that some one like you who seems some what intelligent can't recognize what common decency really is and wants to persist on running his mouth about stuff that ultimately has no bearing on you or how you play the game.

You are obviously here grasping for straws in your attempt to get a rise out of people and it seems to be upsetting you that your failing at it.

I see the document in the OP as reference material for the rest of CN with respect to Sparta so they have an idea where we stand on Bob. It was not posted to gain your approval and quite frankly your opinion means absolutely nothing to me and I'm pretty sure to Sparta as individuals and as a group. Again, not speaking for Sparta, just throwing out a general sentiment that obviously you seem to have missed.