To all who were promissed financial aid.

Don Hefe

Man, you got buckets of cash. The first aid I ever got was in the aftermath of GW3.

EDIT: If I recall correctly, RIA's joining aid was originally $5,000, which was a damned fortune for our nations at the time.

EDIT2: Heh, scouring the old RIA forums, I discovered our first recruitment contest, in which the reward was a massive 15k for first, 10k for second, and 5k for third. Huge numbers.

Yeah, we had one nation in the top 5% at the time that made something stupidly huge like 200k a day.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I joined CN, no alliances offered join up aid. You picked your alliance based on what their values and system of government was.

NPO was the most powerful, but only because they had many members.

GATO was second, but more respected and had the majority of all top 10 nations. (I chose them, because they were the strongest democracy)

LUE was closed admission.

GGA was the pariah alliance that was paranoid about the NPO.

GPA was just cool and chillin' in their neutrality.

ODN, well, they were losing a war against the NPO.

NAAC was recovering from the first Polar War.

Legion was kinda just... there. Although I actually almost joined them because I had signed up in the purple sphere.

And there were no other serious alliances.

At the time, none of those alliance's total strength would get them into today's sanction race. And 100 members? THAT WAS GREAT!

/end of old CN man stuff

Edited by Sir Sci

Well if the only reason anyone joins an alliance is the start up cash what kind of loyalty will that breed in the end?

It doesn't when you don't make them work for it like going through training or taking a test.

It just becomes a large alliance of Aid Hobos.