Liga Mundo - Season 6

Botha

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did run with it... I can only make a "bulliten board material" press release so many times... it gets boring after a while, even for me.

You could always just issue a press release calling his bluff, so to speak. Much like how Arcadia always downplayed Transvaal last season so one of my midfielders (Detlef Botha) began to make public statements about the state of AFC coaching staff and how he called the team a 'bunch of skirts'... good times, good times... :awesome:

Hey, the Coach is still a skirt wearer.. and at least it's a girl wearing it. Anyway, I signed up on your boards Botha - drop in the Legion Embassy more, will ya? :P

And what kind of prediction is THAT. 5-1 demolishing of ALDM, and he thinks we're gonna lose this week. Where's the logic in that? Form > Home advantage. Always.

I think he hates me... I honestly think he does.

Dude, are you ever going to give my team some respect? Seriously. With your predictions, I'd have like one win and five losses right now. I'm not sure if I've offended you in the past or something, but this is really starting to get downright ridiculous.

He never used to give me wins but now I haven't lost a league game since about this time last season I get wins :awesome:

I think the weekly write ups are great to be honest. I think that if you have an issue with the Write up, as it is a commentary which are don't even compare to weather forecasts in accuracy, just good fodder-use IC to express views or write one yourself. Im saying that not out of spite, but he does take his own time to write those-and i love anything Liga Mundo :wub:

Yeah i like the weekly write ups and i to do not often get a positive write up, mind you given how Estrella Roja have performed last season and this season the negative write ups are totally justified :laugh:

Edited by Cataduanes

Yeah, I think the write up is very entertaining. Welcome to Professional Football Pravus, don't you have a thick skin?

Anyway hopefully that means a win for me this week as I usually win when I predicts I lose and vice versa. :D

Oh, I have a thick skin, and I'm a sports broadcaster, so I know the vitriol that some teams can have spewed at them, but all I'm asking for is a little unbiased reporting. Thinking I'll lose to S Team, fine... but 4-1? Those scores are rare, especially when you look at through 4 games (at that time) I had only allowed 6 goals. 1.5 goals per game and suddenly I'm (supposedly) giving up 4? To a team that, through 5 games, had scored 12, or just over 2 goals a game? The math doesn't even make sense.

It's simply the fact that it seems like he doesn't even look at the teams anymore. It seems like he just lets personal biases dictate everything. With one less game, I'm tied for most goals in the Serie and have the best goal differential. I'm certainly not saying that I should be rated to win every game... you only need to go back a page to see me !@#$%*ing about how my team sucks and I fully expected to lose to S Team... but as I said, I'd be like 1-0-4 right now if his predictions were correct. It just makes no sense.

CUP PREDICTIONS, MONEYBAGS STYLE

CUP PREVIEW

With the rising dissatisfaction among Xaristanis concerning the weekly prediction articles, including words such as “fraud”, “bias”, and “crackpot” being tossed around, the official bookie of Xaristan Professional Soccer (XPS), Carter Moneybags, has taken to creating his own preview. He starts this week with the Round of Last 16 for the Copa Legada.

El Entrego v. VolNation Volunteers

Leg One: El Entrgo Home

Leg Two: VolNation Home

As much as we’d all love to see a Cinderella story where El Entrego, the Serie Tercera squad, upsets the Mighty Volunteers, it just simply won’t happen. The Volunteers are bigger, faster, stronger, and more potent on offense. VolNation holds a 2-1-0 record over El Entrego, the draw coming in a cup match after VolNation had won 4-1 in the match previously. Look for VolNation to take it easy in the first game, still winning, but in a close affair, before weighing their options for the home leg. Still expecting two wins out of the Volunteers for this one as they move on to the final eight.

Result: VolNation advances with two wins.

1984 Duckies FC v. Arcadia FC

Leg One: Duckies Home

Leg Two: Arcadia Home

In what could turn out to be one of the more exciting cup matches, these two Primera sides clash. With the series tied 1-1-1, history dictates that anything can happen here, though we think otherwise. Arcadia FC is currently dominating Serie Primera with a five point cushion over second place (by points) VolNation and, you guessed it, 1984 Duckies FC. With strength and form all nearly identical, I think this will be a close match, but Arcadia’s offense wins it for them.

Result: Each team wins home leg, Arcadia wins on aggregate.

Jianada United v. Atletico Luz Del Mar

Leg One: Jianada Home

Leg Two: Atletico Home

Normally, this wouldn’t even warrant a write-up. You have the bottom dwellers of Serie Tercera up against the perennial powerhouses of Primera. Still, Jianada managed to squeeze out of the first round, managing two ties in which they advanced on away goals (1-0), and are currently catching ALDM in their worst slide in history. This can go one of two ways. Jianada pulls off the stunning victory at home and then aims to hang on on the road, or ALDM gets their heads on straight and crushes them. I’m going with the latter.

Result: ALDM advances on two wins.

S Team v. PEI FC

Leg One: S Team Home

Leg Two: PEI FC Home

A tale of two teams. S Team currently leads Tercera despite coming off a surprising 3-0 defeat at the hands of the Redemptio Reds. PEI FC is currently languishing in the relegation zone for Segunda, winless this season. Does PEI FC finally turn it around, or does a Tercera team make it to the final 8? Once again, we think the latter. S Team’s superior form and potent offense will trump PEI FC’s superior strength.

Result: S Team wins at home, wins on aggregate.

Transvaal Springboks v. Dun Carrig Bohs

Leg One: Transvaal Home

Leg Two: Dun Carrig Home

Another matchup with a tale of two teams. DCB won Tercera last season and have continued their streak, undefeated this season with a 4-2-0 record and an offense scoring at a clip of 3 goals per game. Transvaal, after winning it all last season, is currently sitting just outside relegation for Primera, has won just one game, and their vaunted offense is down to an average of 2 goals per game. DCB is red hot, Transvaal is lukewarm. This will be the matchup to watch.

Result: DCB advances on away goals.

Voohooba National v. SiPS

Leg One: VooNat Home

Leg Two: SiPS Home

Another fixture where we should be in for a show. VooNat won Segunda last season, and has found moderate success in Primera, currently in 5th. They are, however, on a hot streak, winning their last four games. Scoring has been a problem, coming in at under two goals a game. SiPS is also in 5th in Segunda, and scoring has been a problem for them as well. With nearly equal form, VooNat advances.

Result: Each team wins at home, VooNat advances on aggregate.

Atletico Melloria v. FC Jekerger

Leg One: Melloria Home

Leg Two: Jekerger Home

A rare easy pick that should be two dominating matches by one team. FC Jekerger has better strength, better form, and an all around better strategy. Melloria sits in 8th in Tercera, notching just over a goal a game while Jekerger sits in 3rd in Segunda and nails three to the twine per match. Easy call here.

Result: FC Jekerger wins both games, advances.

FC Franzharia v. Redemptio Reds

Leg One: Franzharia Home

Leg Two: Redemptio Home

FC Franzharia has struggled thus far, to say the least. They are 0-0-5 with only two goals for and 14 against. Redemptio is starting to hit their stride, on a three game win streak and sitting in third in Tercera. However, lately Franzharia has been shutting down their opponents’ offense in cup play, only allowing two chances total in their first round matches. The Reds rely on a high-flying offense to win, so it will be a battle of strengths.

Result: Reds repeat last round’s result – lose on the road, win at home, advance on aggregate.

My defense is looking pretty brutal leading up to the ALDM match. Two out with injuries and Van der Meer is now suspended. I'll actually have three keepers (!) in my line-up *just* in case Von Knorring (allround) has to sub in as a fullback.

Van der Meer is having a horrible season, I can do nothing to stop his form dropping. At least Ngwane gets some playing time :meh: