Can not access CN Game

Thomas Scott

I can not get to any of the CN game pages. Every time I try to load any of the cn game pages I get the following error ""Safari can’t open the page “http://www.cybernations.net/login.asp” because the server unexpectedly dropped the connection, which sometimes occurs when the server is busy. You might be able to open the page later." At first I thought the server was down, but then I remembered that the Forum was on the same server and according to my alliance mates the site has not gone down recently nor is down currently.

My only thought is that I am currently in Benin West Africa on a medical aid trip, but I am using satellite internet with an IP that I believe resolves to the united states. And for the record the rest of the internet works including this forum, the only problem seems to be with the game itself. Any help would be appreciated.

Thomas Scott of Texastan

Have you tried a different browser like Firefox? How about using a proxy?

@Count Rupert: Java doesn't do anything in CN. You're probably referring to JavaScript, which is enabled by default in any major browser. (And just FYI, most of CN works if JavaScript is disabled.)

Edited by BacTalan

Sorry it took me so long to reply.

Have tried also from IE, same result, cant connect to any section of the game. This is the only website that is doing this and I cant figure out why. Do you have certain ISP's/Locations blocked and if so can I get my IP exempted? Also tried it from my phone (albeit from wifi as data is $15 Mb as an American here in Benin) As for the proxy I was under the understanding that you should never use them as you will likely get banned for multi. I hope that extra info helps.

You shouldn't try to access the game with a proxy.

The error message you're getting is not one from the game. If your IP was banned you would still see things as normal until you got to the login page, which would tell you that you're banned. Are you sure it's not your ISP that's causing the problem?

Well if it is not you I will try and track down the problem with the ISP (who unfortunately I have no direct contact with) Can you confirm is the forum on the same server as the game. In any case I find this very strange. One last thing to anyone reading this can you check and see how many days inactive I am. I would really appreciate it. Dont want to let things get too close if I have to get a sitter.

edit:

I know the error is not from the game itself. The problem only appeared when I got here to Benin in West Africa. I know some sites block African/Satellite internet IP's so i was just wanting to confirm that is not the problem. The reason that made me think this is that my browser begins to connect, recognizes that the page is there but gets disconnected as it tries to actually download and load the site. At least that is what I believe is happening.

Edited by THomas Scott

I'm afraid I'm not very knowledgable yet on how international IPs work and such, but you could simply always get a nation-sitter from a trustworthy person while you can't access the site.

Edited by thedestro

Nope

"Connection Interrupted

The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.

The network link was interrupted while negotiating a connection. Please try again."

Whatever, working on getting a tunnel set up to my home network. If that doesn't work will just have to resort to a sitter.