Re: Valhalla

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's not fair, I was understanding and you kept yelling at me. :awesome:

Well Neneko yelled at me so perhaps it is you who has to tell me you understand! I'm just following established protocol here. :awesome:

So many tears. So delicious.

I'm glad you revel in the disappointment of your coalition partners. -_-

You make a valid point, but I think these terms were just that. Put yourself in their place and you may feel it. I felt it as being on the same side.

Being forgiven by people whome you have tried to beat down for a long time, that would make one ashamed. It would to me atleast.

Well then you are above Valhalla.

Did you notice how they acted in war? They know they were going to lose and they acted the same as they always do, like pompous pricks. They'll excuse this loss as them getting rolled, not a referendum on their behavior, and will continue on.

Unless it is politically prudent for them to change. And that's why the NPO's fate is the only one that counts, as Valhalla can't open a jar of mayonnaise without them.

Far too lenient, once again the PR machine has churned and minimilised damage that could have been taken by people by NPOs side.

Disgusted.

/me takes his seat next to Tyga at the 'big mean man' table

Awesome, it was getting kind of lonely here. And our tears are so enjoyed by some in your own alliance. It's always nice to give something back.

Well then you are above Valhalla.

Did you notice how they acted in war? They know they were going to lose and they acted the same as they always do, like pompous pricks. They'll excuse this loss as them getting rolled, not a referendum on their behavior, and will continue on.

Unless it is politically prudent for them to change. And that's why the NPO's fate is the only one that counts, as Valhalla can't open a jar of mayonnaise without them.

mayonnaise_new_new1237927581.jpg

I spoke with Chefjoe recently about NSO and he seemed to indicate that he got along fine with leadership there. Hmm...

Im sick and tired of hearing this self righteous bull !@#$ acting like anything else is evil.

You should have aired your concerns when your side chanted about it for an year or so.

Most of them are acting on their words.

Karma makes me eat my words daily, you're my only hope.

Edited by shahenshah

I spoke with Chefjoe recently about NSO and he seemed to indicate that he got along fine with leadership there. Hmm...

Man, I love when you do this. You know, the attempts to guilt-trip people out of speaking their minds by indicating it will have political consequences for their alliance. That thing that sort of died with your bullying policies and your nations, you know? Know what I'm talking about? You got me?

You weren't sick of it when your side was the one chanting about it for an year or so...Now many of them who were really in for morality and justice are acting on it, while those who hid behind the veil with only revenge as a motive suddenly are sick of it. Really its pretty clear who wants revenge and who wants to bring in real 'Change'.

I don't think seeking retribution and seeking change are necessarily exclusive. Infact it could easily be argued that more severe punishment is more likely to bring about change than letting them off easy. Its all a matter of perspective.

So this is how the Karma coalition fails. The Hegemony is defeated on the battlefield but wins the war of propaganda. Either these alliances granting peace have been shamed into giving far too lenient terms or they actually have come to believe they are not entitled to reparations when forced into a war started by Hegemony aggression. If anything terms like this will encourage alliances of dubious moral character to pursue aggressive actions without fear of any real punishment.

Karma, your hand was forced. While crushing reparations would only lead to more conflict the Hegemony should shoulder some burden for the war they started. Your soldiers, infrastructure and technology we perfectly happy not being destroyed before this war happened, don't you feel you should be compensated for their sacrifice?

Karma, your hand was forced. While crushing reparations would only lead to more conflict the Hegemony should shoulder some burden for the war they started. Your soldiers, infrastructure and technology we perfectly happy not being destroyed before this war happened, don't you feel you should be compensated for their sacrifice?

While I don't like their decision I'll respect that they did stick to their convictions regardless of the damage they took.

It was a pleasure fighting by our allies side and I'm glad Kronos could serve it's purpose in this war. Valhalla entered the war through a defensive treaty and honored their commitment and were competent adversaries who handled themselves professionally for the most part. While those in "Karma" may not be happy with the terms we put forth, we find them to be fair. We may not have "stolen" 10,000 tech like they wanted us to (which they were condeming Valhalla for doing in the noCB war - but now they want us to do?) as we do not see it as our role to play World Police for past historical crimes (or we might have to go hunting down some on the Karma side... <_<) but we did offer terms that matched our values and fit the situation - I appreciate everyones public outcries and concern, but last I checked the deficit bug had been fixed, so I wouldn't be too worried about a GWI flash-back.

So this is how the Karma coalition fails. The Hegemony is defeated on the battlefield but wins the war of propaganda. Either these alliances granting peace have been shamed into giving far too lenient terms or they actually have come to believe they are not entitled to reparations when forced into a war started by Hegemony aggression. If anything terms like this will encourage alliances of dubious moral character to pursue aggressive actions without fear of any real punishment.

My point but made better.

And without Karma falling.

And more words.

It was a pleasure fighting by our allies side and I'm glad Kronos could serve it's purpose in this war. Valhalla entered the war through a defensive treaty and honored their commitment and were competent adversaries who handled themselves professionally for the most part. While those in "Karma" may not be happy with the terms we put forth, we find them to be fair. We may not have "stolen" 10,000 tech like they wanted us to (which they were condeming Valhalla for doing in the noCB war - but now they want us to do?) as we do not see it as our role to play World Police for past historical crimes (or we might have to go hunting down some on the Karma side... <_< ) but we did offer terms that matched our values and fit the situation - I appreciate everyones public outcries and concern, but last I checked the deficit bug had been fixed, so I wouldn't be too worried about a GWI flash-back.

Valhalla are a core member of the Hegemony we all fought to topple, they are not the bit-player you are trying to claim they are. But what good are facts when dishing up hot cups of smug!

Wow. I'm actually coming around to the Karma Coalition...

You moved above President Obama (in real life, not the one in Gramlins or w/e) on my list if that means anything to you. But I should warn you Obama's not that high <_<

It was a pleasure fighting by our allies side and I'm glad Kronos could serve it's purpose in this war. Valhalla entered the war through a defensive treaty and honored their commitment and were competent adversaries who handled themselves professionally for the most part. While those in "Karma" may not be happy with the terms we put forth, we find them to be fair. We may not have "stolen" 10,000 tech like they wanted us to (which they were condeming Valhalla for doing in the noCB war - but now they want us to do?) as we do not see it as our role to play World Police for past historical crimes (or we might have to go hunting down some on the Karma side... <_<) but we did offer terms that matched our values and fit the situation - I appreciate everyones public outcries and concern, but last I checked the deficit bug had been fixed, so I wouldn't be too worried about a GWI flash-back.

No.

Valhalla was condemned for stealing 10K tech from an alliance that, at the end of the war was 350K NS strong and held no blame for the war.

Any terms=evil terms, right?

While I don't like their decision I'll respect that they did stick to their convictions regardless of the damage they took.

I don't respect it...this is akin to being jumped by a mugger, fighting them off and telling them to go home and think about what they've done. As there is no world police to be called, they need to know there is a risk for their behavior. Without the prospect of punishment for one's actions there is little incentive for them to change their ways.

I don't respect it...this is akin to being jumped by a mugger, fighting them off and telling them to go home and think about what they've done. As there is no world police to be called, they need to know there is a risk for their behavior. Without the prospect of punishment for one's actions there is little incentive for them to change their ways.

Different strokes for different folks. fap.gif

Edited by Krull

I'm glad you revel in the disappointment of your coalition partners. -_-

Something about staring into an abyss and it staring back.

Something about the Valhallan front wearing sunglasses.

Valhalla are a core member of the Hegemony we all fought to topple, they are not the bit-player you are trying to claim they are. But what good are facts when dishing up hot cups of smug!

The same Hegemony that we're fighting beside in several cases? There was such public outcry over Valhalla "extorting" tech from an alliance that entered into the "noCB" war on a treaty, but now you want us to do the same in the name of "Karma"? Sorry - I don't agree with that. I can see your point of view Tyga, don't get me wrong - but that doesn't mean I agree with it.

No.

Valhalla was condemned for stealing 10K tech from an alliance that, at the end of the war was 350K NS strong and held no blame for the war.

Any terms=evil terms, right?

They were condemned for "stealing 10k tech" but now we're expected to do the same?