Nordlandic FA Dispatch Regarding Mariehamm's War

Kaiser Martens

OOC: PLEASE for the love of Odin no OOC D :

IC:

Official Nordlandic Confederacy Foreign Affairs Dispatch

Regarding Mariehamm's Declaration Of War

Free peoples of the world,

Hours ago, Mariehamm Republic has issued a Declaration of War against us and then mobilized their troops to defensive fortifications at the Nordheim-Mariehamm border. Automatically, we did the same, and manned our fortifications on our own side of the border. So far there has been not a single shot fired between Nordland and Mariehamm, and efforts are being made diplomatically to prevent war proper from breaking out.

Before analyzing what has been done to try to prevent bloodshed, we must first understand why the war was declared in the first place.

Recently, after Überstein's announcement that his new bloc, the True European Coalition, would be rejecting all Nordlandic nations from applying saying the following: "The NC's definition of Nordic is not truely European, and thus is denied. It is a state-fabricated culture."

A moderately heated discussion and controversy followed after this statement, which culminated in Überstein claiming that the Nordlandic Nations were not only non-European (And thusly banned from entering the treaty), but that also, they had created a "fake culture" using Ethnic Cleansing techniques against its own population.

As Überstein showed a clear animosity it was decided that he could very well be potentially intending on dragging his new-found allies to a war against Nordland, therefore Überstein's personal properties within Germany, including a manor and some surrounding territories, became a potential security breach. The German Empire's operatives moved in to the territory, in Southern Germany and thoroughly searched the Manor and territories for any type of evidence or weaponry, a member of Überstein's family was found there and arrested as per standard procedure. Überstein complained again using the same words as before, but added that as far as he was concerned, those lands were in fact Sovereign Territories - a micronation - belonging to him, and that therefore this was a declaration of war against Überstein in person. Shortly thereafter, as the leader of Mariehamm, he declared war against Nordland as explained.

We do not believe that this warrants war between nations and potentially a continent, however being declared war on, we do not have a choice other than do what we must for our people. We are even now attempting to avoid armed conflict.

We see Überstein's discriminatory acts against Nordland to be unacceptable actions, if Nordlandic was a proper unified race, this would constitute an act of racism, as we are an ethnicity however I believe that there is no specific word to describe his Anti-Nordlandicist Policies, perhaps Xenophobia may be a close term.

Nordlandic identity, culture and language are phenomena that arose together, spontaneously and without involvement of Government Policies, violence nor any kind, nor any variety of Ethnic Cleansing. The proof of this is that dissent levels across Nordland are minimal: If we had indeed created the countries through Ethnic Cleansing, there'd be levels of dissent so high that considering civil wars and high infighting would seem reasonable. Furthermore, he has tossed these accusations around without any evidence.

We never have, do not, and never will acknowledge any type of Sovereignty as to Überstein's former personal manor in Southern Germany, and all the successive Reichs from the Fifth (OOC: Martens' first) onwards at least have verifiably classified that land as part of the territory, contrary to Überstein's beliefs. Additionally, even if that territory had somehow been considered Überstein's sovereign land, it would be a different entity from Mariehamm, therefore having Mariehamm declare war on us would be Überstein using his assets and territory in order to defend his own personal territories, and Mariehamm would not have a valid Cassus Belli either. But the reality is that even considering this, the lands were never sovereign.

We offered Überstein to meet at a conference in Molakia - this was turned down. The Hanseatics tried to do the same - Überstein said also no, again using the "Ethnic Cleansing" as his justification. In spite of his decision not to attempt diplomacy, we offered to allow him to own the Manor again - although of course, not granting it Sovereignty - and this of course would have included free passage of goods. He denied this saying that this still did not take care about our "Ethnic Cleansing". He has called on all his allies to defend him, even MDPs, claiming to be declaring defensive war, while as stated even if Überstein owned those lands as sovereign - which he did not - still the war would require Mariehamm to declare war offensively.

We are running out of possibilities. We do not want to solve this by Lead and Fire, for waging a war over a manor and some grass to kill thousands of people would be a very irresponsible action. Our last option before bloodshed would be to do what we're doing now - to appeal to the international community - to see if perhaps joint diplomacy would work best. Here we say however, that even if this results in failure, even if we must fight Mariehamm, we would not be annexing its territories. This potential war is not about territory, but about hatred.

We have never done, never do, nor ever will do any type of Ethnic Cleansing or Destruction of Cultures. We may be warriors, but Ethnic Cleansing stands against each and every one of the values we've EVER had.

Hate directing Foreign Policy is a common enemy to our whole planet, regardless of location and ideology.

Überstein, end this war!

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Mariehamm Parliament has declared this to be pure propoganda. "The basis of their 'Nordic' is to create a single culture, destroying all others. They are a wildfire that must be put out before there is no longer a Europe, only the dreams of a perverted madman named Martens. These criminal regimes are responsible for countless human rights violations and crimes against Humanity."

Because of several riots breaking out in the Holy Roman Catholic Empire concerning this conflict, the Emperor has released this statement:

The Empire will go to war siding with Uberstein if:

1. The Nordlandic Confederacy becomes the aggressor and inflicts grave, lasting damage on Uberstein

2. All other means of resolving this conflict has been shown to be impractical or ineffective.

3. There are serious prospects of success for Uberstein

4. The Nordlandic Confederacy has been raping the cities of Uberstein

5. The Nordlandic Confederacy has been using nuclear, biological, or chemical weapons

6. The Nordlandic Confederacy has been practicing prejudice of those in support of Uberstein

The Empire will go to war siding with The Nordlandic Confederacy if:

1. Uberstein becomes the aggressor and inflicts grave, lasting damage on The Nordlandic Confederacy

2. All other means of resolving this conflict has been shown to be impractical or ineffective.

3. There are serious prospects of success for The Nordlandic Confederacy

4. Uberstein has been raping the cities of The Nordlandic Confederacy

5. Uberstein has been using nuclear, biological, or chemical weapons

6. Uberstein has been practicing prejudice of those in support of The Nordlandic Confederacy

In both scenarios, all conditions must be met. Until then, The Holy Roman Catholic Empire will remain neutral and support no one in this conflict.

Regardless of what reason this moblization has. No aid from Dranagg will arrive to anywhere on the recognized borders of Europe. The continent of war is cut off from all supplies Dranagg has to offer, and we will be seeking any trades in the area to new sources.

OOC: not IG trades so you're fine V :P

The Federation is neutral for now, but we view the Nordlandic case much more valid than that of Mariehamm. We have not, and do not, see any evidence of this "Ethic Cleansing" so cited as a Casus Belli by Mariehamm.

That said, we hope both parties can come to some form of peace treaty.

The Holy Imperium of Mankind uneasily recognizes these developments and cites The Book of Hernandez for insight into the situation.

"And he did come upon them and cast them down with righteous fury at their treacherous deeds. The rivers flowed with their fluids, and they knew true fear." --Hernandez 2:16

As such, any attack on the regular shipping of the Holy Imperium will result in our entrance against the belligerent.

Molakia is beginning to think that both sides need a Stern talking to.

(OOC: :D )

Mikhail is beginning to believe that both sides are just idiots. Seriously, you are going to war over a house and a few insults!

Edited by KaiserMelech Mikhail I

OOC: If RL cultures don't exist, what is to stop me from claiming everyone descended from fat people wearing red at the exact north pole and rp finding evidence?

If we are going to throw away reality to this extent, then I don't really see the point of RPing anything.

OOC: Nothing really prevents you from doing that, as long as you provide a logical explanation. This is RP, not Real Life Simulator.

IC:

Mikhail is beginning to believe that both sides are just idiots. Seriously, you are going to war over a house and a few insults!

They declared war on us and refuse to withdraw their war declaration. We can't just simply ignore this. It'd be like someone pointing at you with a gun. We didn't ask for any concessions. We simply wanted him to stop the war.

Edited by Kaiser Martens

OOC: Nothing really prevents you from doing that, as long as you provide a logical explanation. This is RP, not Real Life Simulator.

OOC: Okay then.

We are all descended from turtles, I RP finding evidence, there is nothing wrong with that?

If we are ignoring things from RL, then I guess we can have hover boards and can start ignoring physics.

Then again, I should expect this attitude from you, seeing how during your war with Poland, you "Sniped snipers" with a pistol. And when your army that Martens was leading personally got nuked, despite having no RP previously on it (hmm, sounds familiar) you claimed that Martens was never actually leading the army and was safe in Berlin.

Also, crabs are intelligent and I have tea with them every morning, I mean, what is there to stop me, this is RP, not Real Life Simulator. B)

EDIT: Now I'm going to bed, have fun in your fantasy world. Perhaps it's time I leave this forum, because if we are just going to throw away RL facts then I don't see what the point is. If I wanted to RP a magical fantasy land I would go join a forum made for that.

Edited by BaronUberstein

May you be offered the same peace you granted Slavorussia.

-Generalissimo's Private Musing-

Oh so the NC saves face in this one just for PR, since their last war made them show their true colors as Imperialist scum. We for now declare our support to Marriehamm with aid(Money,Food etc.) but not in military aid just yet.

Aye. The last war, against Slavorussia, may have been declared as a war of liberation, but in the end all it amounted to was imperialism and racial discrimination.

OOC: Well, what I'm saying certainly doesn't apply IC. And seeing how you replied OOC before this, answering me and not pointing out that OOC was not allowed, I believe that point becomes null by rule of hypocrisy.

OOC: Once again, I must agree.

Edited by Subtleknifewielder

To think that this whole situation might have been avoided had the Confederacy kept better tabs on what its members might be doing to anger other European powers. Truely this shows a lack of coordination and cooperation with each other.

Perhaps, already, the social strains on the different nations, under such strict guidelines, is showing its attrition on judgment.

No it doesn't. The operation to take the manor was agreed on, for we never considered it to be his terrain in any way. If it had been a sovereign nation owned by him rather than some house owned by him, we'd have apologized and left. This is not the case, yet remember we offered it in return - only to receive a no.

Then it is a worse situation, in that, any home in the confederacy might be legally invaded without warning or warrent. Such is an invasion of privacy on an immense scale, and can only be the tip of an iceberg of governmental control over the daily lives of citzens.

Micro-managment doesn't work on the small scale, and certainly not on the national.