A Belated Sparta Announcement

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

o/ Sparta!

Let loose the dogs of war!

OOC: Come on, quote the right people if you'll quote them...that's a Roman quote, and last I checked, Spartans =/= Romans

TRAITORS! You shall suffer for your cowardice!

Lolwut? NPO accusing people of betrayal and cowardice?

FYI, they're not cowardly if they honor a treaty...

o/ Sparta

Show NPO what the black sphere is made of.

Lolwut? NPO accusing people of betrayal and cowardice?

FYI, they're not cowardly if they honor a treaty...

They didn't! They did not honor the MDP they had with us, which was bad enough, but now they declare on us. I hope they enjoy their #1 slot, wet with the blood of their former allies.

They didn't! They did not honor the MDP they had with us, which was bad enough, but now they declare on us. I hope they enjoy their #1 slot, wet with the blood of their former allies.

What MDP? Last I checked, they'd cancelled on you and left Q, thus leaving them without military ties to NPO.

It has a period when it is still in effect. Well, had. The point is, when we were attacked by OV's allies, Sparta did not defend us.

I believe it was mentioned in the thread. The period ended at 12:06, allowing them to attack you the second it was 12:07.

And imo, active treaties trump cancelled treaties.

I believe it was mentioned in the thread. The period ended at 12:06, allowing them to attack you the second it was 12:07.

And imo, active treaties trump cancelled treaties.

IMO, mandatory treaties trump optional ones. The only reason Sparta attacked us was because of their optional aggression clause. Most alliances would declare neutrality at this point.

Edited by Geoffron X

IMO, mandatory treaties trump optional ones. The only reason Sparta attacked us was because of their optional aggression clause. Most alliances would declare neutrality at this point.

You are arguing a technicality, which can go both ways in this argument. We had conflicting treaties, so I could argue that we didn't get involved until we no longer had conflicting treaties. There have been many alliances throughout Bob's lifetime who have stepped out due to conflicting treaties. In our case, our gov't evaluated our treaties and choose the side who has been most faithful to us.

We had conflicting treaties as the NPO attacked allies of our allies and there's also the tiny fact that you instigated the entire war. We had obviously distanced ourselves from the NPO by leaving the Continuum and what you did to OV, and even before attacking, was more than enough of a cause to cancel. So we waited until the treaty expired to attack the NPO. Would you have rather had us dishonour our treaty for tactics and update strike you before the treaty had even expired? We'd obviously prefer to update attack, but we put our word before tactics. When our allies attack you in defence of their allies which you attacked, it basically turns our treaty into a NAP. That is, until the NAP expired 24 hours later.

So in short, Sparta would rather defend righteous defence than immoral aggression. 1 MDP partner aggressively attacks an ally of our allies in a most heinous fashion + 2 MDoAP allies attack a canceled MDP partner in defence of their allies which were attacked by said MDP partner = what the hell did you expect? :blink:

That, and I'm a frickin' !@#$%.

Well, I'll just use the simple argument.

You guys deserved it. <_<

I am glad that you have so much confidence in your own alliance's ability to fight. haha.