Collapse and restoration of the Reich

Otto Verteidiger

OOC: Hi. Basically I'm going to attempt to explain my absence in CNRP ICly and try and base it off what happened in here. I know I didn't finish it, which looking back upon it, I wish I did. It was good so far and with Mudd playing the other side, it could have been great. Oh well, I'll try and explain what happened IC so I don't just reappear with no back story.

IC:

bigflaglh7.png

The Amerikanisches Heer pushed into Mexico quickly and swiftly, crushing the light resistance with ease. All of the Northern provinces fell within a week; however there was a reason for this easy conquest. Guerrilla attacks on supply lines and bridges into Mexico became common, making it increasingly difficult to keep fresh troops and supplies coming in without having to use other modes of transportation and routes. The advance into the mid-provinces of Mexico proved much more difficult of the brave forces of the Reich. The infrastructure of Mexico, especially the deeper and deeper one went, worsened. Roads were in grave condition already but the threat on mines and ambushes worsened the deeper into Mexico you went as well. Many of the main highways and freeways were nicknamed “Death Alleys” by the soldiers and because of this, they were avoided, however this had a penalty. Avoiding the main highways and going through back roads caused massive delays and also routed the military forces through small and medium sized towns in which they faced heavy resistance in many of them, suffering heavy casualties and loss of morale. As the mid-provinces were somewhat secured (excluding major urban centers) after several weeks of heavy fighting, the main advance towards the rebel’s headquarters in Guadalajara started. The advance into the Jalisco province proved difficult, long, and turned into a heavy casualty incursion. After a month of hard fighting, Guadalajara was finally surrounded and Jalisco was secured. However, entering the city of Guadalajara proved devastating for Amerikanisches Reich forces. Most civilians were against what they thought were ‘foreign occupiers’ and the rebels gladly armed the civilian population. After a week of fighting, the city was secured, but the headquarters was deserted, the rebel’s leaders had fled. Amerikanisches Reich forces left angrily, ravaging the city. They continued onwards, looking.

73933937.jpg

46556501.jpg

Continued bombings, raids, and ambushes by Mexican rebels in the Northern provinces made many supply routes unstable and unreliable, not to mention unsafe. Social order was hard to maintain with most of the population against the forces trying to keep control. With the horrible economy in Mexico prior to the incursion, unemployment was high and worsened during the incursion, leading to massive crime waves. The crime waves led to chaos and shootings on Amerikanisches Reich patrol forces. A key event in public opinion on incursion occurred when a band of 15 year old boys in the Durango threw rocks at a humvee. When the gunner looked for the source of the rocks, he noticed the boys. Two of them had toy guns visible. Mistaking the guns as real weapons, the humvee’s gunner opened fired, killing 5 of the 8 boys. The slaying of the young boys did not sour public opinion as much as the riots that occurred afterwards, all across Mexico. Some provinces did not have adequate defenses and were overwhelmed, while others reported heavy causalities. Most of the advancing army was recalled north to help bring order once again, leading to a snail’s pace for the advance.

89362093.jpg

"Peace Keeping Brigade" in Torreón

In the Reich itself, public support of the incursion dropped. Many felt the losses did not justify trying to bring territory back under Reich control who were inhabited by people who did not want to be part of the Reich. The thought of an independent Mexico (or many independent states) among inhabitants were also at an all time high, unsurprisingly. Also in domestic affairs, more racial laws were passed against people of Mexican descent, restricting living arrangements, curfews, and other things. This led to many Mexicans leaving the “Greater Reich” for Mexican territories (south of the Rio Grande). The racial laws also sparked a massive protest in El Paso which ended violently. The protest is now referred to as the “El Paso Slayings” in which the Amerikanisches Reich Home Defense Forces (a temporary home guard force) opened fire with live ammo on a crowd, killing 53. The crowd then turned violent and much of the city was engulfed. The Home Defense Force quickly entered the city and rounded up Mexicans for deportation. More racial laws continued to be passed, even in light of the slaying. Forcible and massive deportations begun within the Greater Reich. Many citizens, including the majority population, Germans, wondered what the point of the deportations into Mexican territory was when the goal of the incursion was to bring these territories back under control. The point was made a month later when the Kaiser announced the end of the incursion and pull out from Mexican territories. Mexico was now free and independent from the Reich, but weak and in anarchy. In addition, other Reich territories were given up.

35854976.jpg

Part the "Home Defense Force" that opened fire

34052115.jpg

Family who refused to leave

With the Reich's influence now only within the Greater Reich (occ: Texas), a period of civil peace and tranquility occurred and continues to this day. The Home Defense Force has been done away (no investigation or trails were held) and their home defense duties were passed on back to the Wehrmacht. In addition to these events, shortly after the incursion was halted and reversed, Amerikanisches Reich detonated its first nuclear weapon and has since started to develop more. Also, the demographics of the new Reich are vastly different than what they once were. They are now as follows:

Germans - 93%

Other white ethnic groups - 4%

Asians - 2%

Other - 1%

Edited by Otto Verteidiger

The Tahoe Republic will assist our allies in the Amerikanishes Reich in reclaiming their lost territory, if the desire arrises.
So will the Republic of New England.
The Holy Imperium is willing to assist any reclamation attempts by our (admittedly former) Northern Neighbor.

We thank you all for the kind offer but we have no interest at the present to reclaim lost territory.

OOC: Republic of New England? The Holy Imperium? What the hell has happened when I went away?

OOC: Wasn't it claimed by Thor? I don't know if he's been RPing in the last 2 weeks, I haven't kept track.

OOC: They never said they'd be limited to peaceful means, now did they? :awesome:

Procinctia’s response depends entirely on if the Amerikanisches Reich considers still consider themselves the true successors to the Republic of War.

If so-May you all burn in the fires of a hundred hells, you deserve every hardship a hundred thousand times over. Your continued repression of Maxicans is unacceptable, your continued atrocities deplorable, and your recent fights have been entirely futile.

If not-We look forward to working cooperatively with our North American neighbors, congratulations on the restoration of order and stability, we support your goals if not necessarily the means in which you use to achieve them, hopefully the Amerikanisches Reich will soon lead the region in stability and prosperity.

Tropico2.gif

From the office of Generalissimo, Generalissimo of Procinctia

Postscript (Out of Character)-You owe me a peace conference to sort out our pervious war (I look forward to a Cold War^_^)

Edited by Generalissimo

Louisiana would assist, but that'd end up spelling our own demise.

We appreciate the sentiment. Know that we do not wish any ill-will between us and we will not seek an aggressive stance towards Louisiana.

Procinctia’s response depends entirely on if the Amerikanisches Reich considers still consider themselves the true successors to the Republic of War.

If so-May you all burn in the fires of a hundred hells, you deserve every hardship a hundred thousand times over. Your continued repression of Maxicans is unacceptable, your continued atrocities deplorable, and your recent fights have been entirely futile.

If not-We look forward to working cooperatively with our North American neighbors, congratulations on the restoration of order and stability, we support your goals if not necessarily the means in which you use to achieve them, hopefully the Amerikanisches Reich will soon lead the region in stability and prosperity.

Tropico2.gif

Postscript (Out of Character)-You owe me a peace conference to sort out our pervious war (I look forward to a Cold War^_^)

Republic of War is Amerikanisches Reich. Amerikanisches Reich is Republic of War. May Procinctia remember us well, may Procinctia fear us well, for if she does not, she is a fool.

OOC: PM me bud ;)

OOC: Jed re-rolled in North America, and Shadow's nation underwent a transformation--the imperial cult is the only religion allowed in his nation now.
OOC: A lot had happened...want the short version? :awesome:
OOC: I had an inactive spell which resulted in a religious explosion in my country. :)

OOC: Beat you guys to the answer... :P

Republic of War is Amerikanisches Reich. Amerikanisches Reich is Republic of War. May Procinctia remember us well, may Procinctia fear us well, for if she does not, she is a fool.
This is by no means over. . .

You believed that we had been defeated, and that I was no longer among the living. Your were GRAVELY mistaken. Little remains, but all that is necessary. For together Procinctia shall raise a great army. Together, I shall show the world who our real enemy is! In the bunkers of Saint Paul, the homeless and the hungry know the truth! They have been forgotten! They have NOTHING!.... BUT! THEIR! ANGER! We will take that spark and start a fire which will become a great conflagration!!!!

Tropico2.gif

Postscript (Out of Character)- Just setting the proper tone for Amerikanisches Reich/Procinctian relations

Edited by Generalissimo