First Micro Alliance Conference

fic-ings.gif

I would like to extend warm greetings and salutations to the micro alliances that dot Planet Bob. My Name is New Reverie and I established an alliance called IngSoc almost a year ago. IngSoc was successful for a time, but like many alliances before and many after we have become what most classify as a Micro Alliance.

On a recent survey I have come to find that there are potentially hundreds of Micro Alliances in our world. Many suffer from tech raids, others from inactivity, but there are also quite a few that have established protectorates and limited governments.

I am taking the time to write today as part of an effort to unite the hundreds of disenfranchised nations that for one reason or another have chosen to enlist in this niche group. Apart we form many different ideals, strengths, and weaknesses. But we all share our ability to thrive in adversity, political skill in establishing protectorates, and strong independence.

In an effort to get to know my brothers and sisters across the globe I would like to establish an IRC channel just for us. #small_alliance on coldfront. If you have never used IRC, i suggest you go to http://www.mibbit.com/chat/ select ColdFront as your server and type #small_alliance as the channel.

I will try to be in the channel as much as possible for the next few weeks. I look forward to meeting all of you.

-New Reverie

Big Brother of IngSoc

In addition, if you are a member of a micro alliance and have a flag feel free to make a post with the image, i'll add it to the roster of participating alliances.

Participants of the 1st Micro Alliance Conference

IngSoc

Tuatha De Danann

Event Horizon

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/cybernat...k_Flag!.JPG

Black Order Of Knights

http://go.mibbit.com/thumb.php?x=32&y=...Fflag_large.png

LXXQTJMN * Alliance

http://i732.photobucket.com/albums/ww329/L...th_NOAHFlag.png

Nations of Ascended Honor

Oceanic Alliance

Justice Alliance

Alliance of Powerful Penguinz

Assassin Order

Edited by New Reverie

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think for a first night and already getting the chance to talk with 4 micro alliances, some of which have been around for over 6 months that this will be a successful venture that will result in benifits for all involved. I've already sent word to the 50 or so 4-5 man alliances out there and I hope to get in touch with many more as this conference continues through the week.

With luck some new friendships can be formed and a previously under utilized sect of the game might find they aren't so alone.

I'll make updates as the week progresses.

This is a nice idea, I wish you the best of luck.

Would you mind members of larger alliances dropping in on your channel? Or is this a Micro-Alliance Only Club?

Feel free to drop by on the grounds that

A. This isn't a try and get small alliances to merge with you channel

B. This isn't a find a small alliance to tech raid channel

I know that Sparta is more honorable than that, but just want to set some ground rules for the big boys.

Feel free to drop by on the grounds that

A. This isn't a try and get small alliances to merge with you channel

B. This isn't a find a small alliance to tech raid channel

I know that Sparta is more honorable than that, but just want to set some ground rules for the big boys.

:awesome:

Again, good luck.

@Doitzel - I'd say a Micro-Alliance would be one consisting of less than or equal to 10 people. :/ But I think it's necessary to define "Micro-Alliance" if nothing more than for clarification.