First Micro Alliance Conference

Its going to be hard to get them united, most are tribal and have had little to no contact with the rest of planet bob or our ways. Some will probably war each other for almost anything if you put them in one area. Be ready for that

Unfaiir stereotyping itt

Good luck to Ingsoc and friends.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

<Max[DE]> IDK

<SCD> Now gtfo my channel

<Max[DE]> lols

<Jensofthedesert> <_<

<Max[DE]> I think it's something like 15-30 or less

<Max[DE]> I shouldn't actually be here

<Max[DE]> >_>

<Jensofthedesert> Aww

<SCD> Seriously

<Max[DE]> <_<

<SCD> Get out

<SCD> Now

<Max[DE]> no wai

<Jensofthedesert> Ook....

<SCD> NOW -_-

<Max[DE]> no u

* KageTheSleeper[OMFG] () Quit (Ping timeout)

<SCD> IM GOING TO KILL YOU Jensofthedesert, !@#$@#$ KILL YOU

<SCD> AND YOUR FAMILY

<SCD> $%&@ YOUR MOTHER WHILE I MAKE YOUR FATHER WATCH

)): What is this.

Good luck with this - though I don't think anyone over 500,000 Total NS counts as a Micro

I'd tend to agree, however, I'd alter it a small bit so that it would be more accurate to say that nobody over 500k NS and over 50 members, counts as a micro alliance. If you're under one or the other, I'd reckon that means you're a micro alliance. OMFG is one that comes to mind. They have 862k NS, but only 21 members. I'd still class them as a micro alliance (no offense intended). A micro alliance with a lot of weight to throw around, aye, but still a micro alliance when push comes to shove.

I'd tend to agree, however, I'd alter it a small bit so that it would be more accurate to say that nobody over 500k NS and over 50 members, counts as a micro alliance. If you're under one or the other, I'd reckon that means you're a micro alliance. OMFG is one that comes to mind. They have 862k NS, but only 21 members. I'd still class them as a micro alliance (no offense intended). A micro alliance with a lot of weight to throw around, aye, but still a micro alliance when push comes to shove.

So then you would throw Kronos into that with our 15 members and 1m NS?

I get the 50 member idea, but I don't guess I agree - not that either of us is wrong or right

Lol I guess youll be throwing in UINE as well lol with its 87 members :P Lol and no we aren't offended :P lol what else mwould you expect from a 3 week old alliance :P

HAHA cheers to all the small people out there :)

If you get nothing else accomplished with this conference New Reverie, maybe you can get a standard definition of what a micro AA is. It seems we have a lot of different opinions on the subject. ^_^

Now I would say 20 members or under could be called a micro, but what does NS matter? 500K NS does sound like a nice benchmark though. I could totally see 5 TOP members with 100K NS each breaking off and forming the ultimate micro. Actually,their fire teams are probably stronger then most micros. :ph34r:

Now here's the big money question:

vox7-2.png

Can we come? :P

On my most recent survey of small alliances, Vox qualified =D

But didn't you guys used to have like 2M NS and hundreds of members.....

Hard times :mellow:

Edited by New Reverie

So then you would throw Kronos into that with our 15 members and 1m NS?

I get the 50 member idea, but I don't guess I agree - not that either of us is wrong or right

*Veneke chuckles

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you Kronos, the ultimate micro alliance!

I guess you could have an either or scenario, what I stated there was more just my own personal opinion on what constitutes a micro alliance. I don't think anyway has it written down in scripture what the grade levels are.

Lol I guess youll be throwing in UINE as well lol with its 87 members :P Lol and no we aren't offended :P lol what else mwould you expect from a 3 week old alliance :P

HAHA cheers to all the small people out there :)

Three weeks old and 87 members already? That's fairly impressive, but aye, to my mind that's a micro alliance as well.

I guess, to address both comments (and anyone reading this and wondering where I'm coming from), to my mind moving from one "band" of alliance to another should be a more balanced thing, and while concentrating on one end of the rope or the other is certainly a valid way of going about it (and incidentally, is the method I prefer), I simply can't see a 15 man alliance, regardless of its size in NS, being able to go above a small/micro alliance, for the very simple reason that it can't have the same effect, in-game or out, that an alliance with double their membership can have, even if it comes at the expense of overall NS. The same thing goes for the other extreme. One can achieve a lot in a particular area of operations, but is severely limited by manpower, and the other can commit to a far wider area of operations, but can't exactly do much once they get there.

To my mind, alliances have always rated something like this:

Small/Micro: under 50 members, under 500k NS.

Medium: Over 50 members (under 100 members), over 500k NS (under 1-2 million NS).

Large: Over 100 members, over 2 million NS.

I suppose to reflect alliances that do go to the extremes (Kronos and UINE), something along the lines of a halving of one end of the spectrum, coupled with a doubling of the opposite is another method for judging what size an alliance is. So, for instance, a 25 man alliance, with a NS of over 1 million, would be considered a medium alliance. I don't think that that system works as well for the opposite though, would a 100 man alliance with a NS of 250k be considered a medium sized alliance? I think its fair enough to scale down, but scaling up (with the corresponding scale down in NS doesn't make as much sense).

However, I seem to be digressing substantially here, so I'll wish NR luck, and I'll pop by myself. Even though he seems to be saying that micro alliances are ones outside of the top 200. Which also makes a fair bit of sense.

*Veneke chuckles

*snip*

To my mind, alliances have always rated something like this:

Small/Micro: under 50 members, under 500k NS.

Medium: Over 50 members (under 100 members), over 500k NS (under 1-2 million NS).

Large: Over 100 members, over 2 million NS.

I suppose to reflect alliances that do go to the extremes (Kronos and UINE), something along the lines of a halving of one end of the spectrum, coupled with a doubling of the opposite is another method for judging what size an alliance is. So, for instance, a 25 man alliance, with a NS of over 1 million, would be considered a medium alliance. I don't think that that system works as well for the opposite though, would a 100 man alliance with a NS of 250k be considered a medium sized alliance? I think its fair enough to scale down, but scaling up (with the corresponding scale down in NS doesn't make as much sense).

However, I seem to be digressing substantially here, so I'll wish NR luck, and I'll pop by myself. Even though he seems to be saying that micro alliances are ones outside of the top 200. Which also makes a fair bit of sense.

In my humble opinion, basing it on score would make sense, as it scales members/NS and the 'not in top 200'-definition is extremely hard to define, since the view 200 alliance only lists alliances of more than 20 members. I'm thinking something along the lines of:

Micro: 0-2

Small: 2-5

Medium: 5-10

Large: 10-15

Huge: 15->

In my humble opinion, basing it on score would make sense, as it scales members/NS and the 'not in top 200'-definition is extremely hard to define, since the view 200 alliance only lists alliances of more than 20 members. I'm thinking something along the lines of:

Micro: 0-2

Small: 2-5

Medium: 5-10

Large: 10-15

Huge: 15->

you just made that up to make your alliance medium =D