ComIntern discussions

Lynneth

• Replies 639
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A definite no to Vaule, Yes to oA.

Annihilation feels that there could be a traitor amongst our group...

"We wonder who among us is being labeled as a potential traitor. We hope that these comments were not directed towards Vaule and we hope that the representative of Annihilation will clarify their statement. "-Vaulian Rep

Scrap optional Aggression

Yes - 9 vote(s)

No - 0 vote(s)

Undecided - 0 vote(s)

To vote: Dragonisia, Atlantis, Eritrea

Overwhelming support. 75% of all members voted Yes, and thus the optional Aggression is as good as gone from the treaty.

Regarding Vaule's suggestion of taking up diplomatic ties with Nordland:

Canada is largely neutral to them. We wish to concentrate on other things than the eurocentric Nords, especially the moon-project and advancing our nation technologically. From a vote, we abstain.

Yes - 1 vote(s)

No - 4 vote(s)

Undecided - 1 vote(s)

To vote: Yuktobania, Cainette, New England, Dragonisia, Atlantis, Eritrea

A definite no to Vaule, Yes to oA.

Annihilation feels that there could be a traitor amongst our group...

Do not accuse a comrade without proof. Do not accuse a comrade without mentioning names.

Clarify. Should you mean Vaule: Canada does not see them as traitors. They are moderate in comparison to the rest of us, perhaps something that is good and beneficial - on occasion a voice of reason.

Message to the ComIntern

"Members of the ComIntern I have sent you this message as I feel there is an issue that must be discussed. As we all know my nation, Helzan, was recently attacked by a coalition of nations including one of who is a member of this Bloc. Now whilst he did not attack as a member of this Bloc because he is a member we are forced to accept his actions as representation of the whole Bloc's. Whilst this could lead us to demand a whole number of terms from you we and you both know this would lead to nowhere except a worsing of relations. However, I must ask that you ensure that the Northeast People's Republic face consequences of their actions. They can not just choose to represent the ComIntern and then not represent when they feel like it."

Valerie. High General of the Helzan.

Message to the ComIntern

"Members of the ComIntern I have sent you this message as I feel there is an issue that must be discussed. As we all know my nation, Helzan, was recently attacked by a coalition of nations including one of who is a member of this Bloc. Now whilst he did not attack as a member of this Bloc because he is a member we are forced to accept his actions as representation of the whole Bloc's. Whilst this could lead us to demand a whole number of terms from you we and you both know this would lead to nowhere except a worsing of relations. However, I must ask that you ensure that the Northeast People's Republic face consequences of their actions. They can not just choose to represent the ComIntern and then not represent when they feel like it."

Valerie. High General of the Helzan.

They never have represented the ComIntern. The NPR represents itself, not the rest of us.

Canada does not consider the recent - if short - war our business.

They never have represented the ComIntern. The NPR represents itself, not the rest of us.

Canada does not consider the recent - if short - war our business.

"If they do not represent the ComIntern then they are not part of ComIntern which means if we say attack them in response to their aggression you shall not take action against us or action to assist them."

Valerie.

No, I did not mean Vaule. I simply believe that certain members ought to read all sides of the story before passing judgment about their comrades. I would love to know why Keshav highly condemns the recent conflict with Helza. As we know, it was a conflict started by Comrade Nikonov, NOT ComIntern. Please explain to me why you mention ComIntern when you are stating your opinion.

Yes, members of ComIntern helped. But I'm sure this war was not approved by our fellow members, and I know it was single countries acting on what they thought was right. Nikonov did not ask for official ComIntern help.

Why not condemn DragonBloc, too? After all, they activated the MDP.

"If they do not represent the ComIntern then they are not part of ComIntern which means if we say attack them in response to their aggression you shall not take action against us or action to assist them."

Valerie.

True. They do not represent the ComIntern, they only represent themselves. That does not mean to say that they are not a part of us. As far as I know, we never took any real action against you. I know I certainly didn't.

True. They do not represent the ComIntern, they only represent themselves. That does not mean to say that they are not a part of us. As far as I know, we never took any real action against you. I know I certainly didn't.

"If they are a part of you then they represent you at ALL times. You can not just switch off who you are part of without leaving".

Valerie.

"If they are a part of you then they represent you at ALL times. You can not just switch off who you are part of without leaving".

Valerie.

Again, they represent themselves. If we need to make an announcement as a bloc, then we will do it as a bloc. If we need to announce something individually, we will do so.

Again, they represent themselves. If we need to make an announcement as a bloc, then we will do it as a bloc. If we need to announce something individually, we will do so.

"Right here listen carefully. If you are a Bloc a member makes a move whilst a member of that Bloc then he is still representing that Bloc. Even if he decides to act singly then he still represents your Bloc."

Valerie.

Valerie.

What Alvonia stated.

Also, why do you concentrate on the ComIntern as if we ordered the attack?

The Dragon Bloc initiated the war, if anyone. We have nothing to do with this, aside from one of our members happening to participate at the request of a DragonBloc member due to a binding treaty.

"Right here listen carefully. If you are a Bloc a member makes a move whilst a member of that Bloc then he is still representing that Bloc. Even if he decides to act singly then he still represents your Bloc."

Valerie.

They represent us when we - all members of ComIntern - say they did so.

They do not represent us when we - all members of ComIntern - say they do not.

They do not represent us when you claim they do.

What Alvonia stated.

Also, why do you concentrate on the ComIntern as if we ordered the attack?

The Dragon Bloc initiated the war, if anyone. We have nothing to do with this, aside from one of our members happening to participate at the request of a DragonBloc member due to a binding treaty.

They represent us when we - all members of ComIntern - say they did so.

They do not represent us when we - all members of ComIntern - say they do not.

They do not represent us when you claim they do.

"Unacceptable as that means you will allow nations that commit aggressive actions to hide behind your protection"

Valerie.

"Unacceptable as that means you will allow nations that commit aggressive actions to hide behind your protection"

Valerie.

We have recently abadoned the Optional Aggression clause of our treaty.

If an aggressive action gets one of our member nations overwhelmed, it is their fault, and theirs alone.

If they decide to take over a weaker nation, too bad for the weaker nation.

We defend them if they are attacked by a nation with which they had peace - unless that nation got an MDP with a nation that was attacked by our member nation.

The ComIntern is purely defensive. Aggressive Actions are irrelevant and do not represent us.

I assume you do not listen to reason General Valerie, what we are telling you, is that when NPR attacked Helza, they did so of their own accord, as well as of that of the DragonBloc, why do you insist on us punishing the NPR for something that was not a ComIntern deal? It makes no sense, really.

And we are currently undecided on Vaule's current proposal.

Edited by Razgriz 2K9

Notice to the Comintern

We are considering economic sanctions against the Northeastern People's Republic for their foolhardy aggression against the other side of the globe. However, we respect the Comintern, and therefore request the blessing of the bloc beforehand.

Also, it seems Valerie wishes to retaliate against the NPR without hinderance from the Comintern, something that did not pass through in passionate ravings.

I assume you do not listen to reason General Valerie, what we are telling you, is that when NPR attacked Helza, they did so of their own accord, as well as of that of the DragonBloc, why do you insist on us punishing the NPR for something that was not a ComIntern deal? It makes no sense, really.

And we are currently undecided on Vaule's current proposal.

"So if at this very instant I decided to wage war on the NPR ComIntern would not come to their aid?"

Valerie.

Notice to the Comintern

We are considering economic sanctions against the Northeastern People's Republic for their foolhardy aggression against the other side of the globe. However, we respect the Comintern, and therefore request the blessing of the bloc beforehand.

Also, it seems Valerie wishes to retaliate against the NPR without hinderance from the Comintern, something that did not pass through in passionate ravings.

While we do not exactly agree with what the NPR has done, Canada will not "bless" sanctions.

"So if at this very instant I decided to wage war on the NPR ComIntern would not come to their aid?"

Valerie.

We would come to the NPR's aid, because they are at peace with you right now.

Quite the opposite. We most likely would. This is a Mutual Defense Pact for a reason. We are not a rag-tag group of communists whose only mindest, according to the Nords, is "paint the world red!". No. We are for the peaceful spread of communism and we would like to remind the world that communism is not sheer brutality and killing every civillian that disagrees with us. We are supposed to be better than the old communist regimes of the past.

As with our comrade Canada, we will not "bless" these sanctions.

That is all.

OOC: EDIT Spelling

Edited by N Reeki

We are better than the old communist regimes of the past.

>>We are supposed to be better than the old communist regimes of the past.<<

This would fit better, really. Some of us act like the communists of old on occasion.

"So you allow a nation to attack us with overwhelming odds and when we decide to respond you go to their defense. You !@#$%^&*"

Valerie.

OOC: Am I aloud to say !@#$%^&* it just sort of fits?

OOC: Most things are allowed IC. Aside from Genocide and the like.

IC: You've made peace with them again. Thus, any attack on them would again be one activating our MDP with the NPR.

If you still were at war with them, we would not interfere. That, however, is not so.

OOC: Most things are allowed IC. Aside from Genocide and the like.

IC: You've made peace with them again. Thus, any attack on them would again be one activating our MDP with the NPR.

If you still were at war with them, we would not interfere. That, however, is not so.

IC: "Oh we are still at war with them. We just said we weren't to get them to stop attacking us"

Valerie.