Announcing The Bus Doctrine

Where are my hollow threats?

Don't have them on me, but I'd say back when PC has absolutely zero treaty partners, 1/5th the nukes we have now, and you had a legit CB against us and then didn't attack.

That one was hollow.

• Replies 716
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's true but there's a difference between standing proud and fearless, and suiciding.

If they provoked war over a simple misunderstanding and an unwillingness to compromise then yes, it would be suiciding.

However, if they were forced to war by an alliance with a belligerent history who has publicly stated they will go out of their way to wrong them, then its not suiciding but merely doing the right thing.

Edited by Il Impero Romano

Don't have them on me, but I'd say back when PC has absolutely zero treaty partners, 1/5th the nukes we have now, and you had a legit CB against us and then didn't attack.

That one was hollow.

I thought that you guys were still part of the family, even if very far from the tree and that it was my duty to make sure friendships weren't destroyed. Silly me, I guess it was just a hollow threat.

I havn't even read this thread, but I'm sure it will provide plenty of headache.

I wouldn't have to read the thread, but I would know any thread by Poison Clan with responses from The Phoenix Federation would lead to hilarity.

Bob can be many things, as we've had our run ins over the years, but stupid by any measure he is not.

Truth. Which is why I edited my post a minute before your post.

What the world is like and what we want it to be like are not the same thing. I think it is clear that might does make right in reality, and while I have always tried to fight against that, the might of the people who will test this doctrine will make you back down or die.

I actually applaud the thinking behind it, as I did Y5, the Maroon Church, Revenge and as I do when the idea is raised in Aqua. But there is a good reason why no alliance apart from those connected tightly with the power structure have ever managed to pull this off.

It can't stop the world from trying. If we all stopped fighting for what we believed in the game would just stick to the current methodical boredom curbstomps that large alliances in power execute, and we would all follow the policies of the biggest alliances in the game. GRE has always been an alliance that has stuck up for it believed in, whether it was calling us out on our raiding, or leaving tC to be who they are without outside influences. We are standing up and saying that we believe the Pink sphere deserves better. If we get rolled for it, so be it. Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees.

I meant more the several TPF posters in here saying things like, "The Phoenix Hungers" knowing that if they actually do such a thing they could start a war.

Well that is the thing right there, my members can say what they want. Sometimes I'll try to pull them in, but in this case I was away. For substance to threats, I promise when I make them, they will know.

I don't pretend to know the inner workings of PC, hence the brackets where I said ''or used to'' and no, to my knowledge they do not and if they do, then not to the extent that PC did otherwise no doubt they'd end up being frowned upon by the masses and likely have to change their ways, just like PC did.

The reason they changed is because we're being dicks? :lol: The reason they changed is because 90%+ of the populace didn't like what they were doing and they were getting a bad reputation which many people have pointed out in this 'anti-raiding' thread of sorts, either that or whatever happened with TPF where they got put on a temp raiding ban.

If you don't like criticism, don't open yourself up to it, which is what PC & RAD did with this thread right here. Their responses have been impressive and they seem to have swayed public opinion into believe that there's a possibility that they can pull this off.

You on the other hand...omglulz dick isn't censored on here, I must call everyone it. Seriously, grow up.

The problems for PC were caused by me and me alone. The raiding in PC was sound, the rules were more than fair, and if people broke the rules, even by accident, there were stiff penalties. PC had a bad rap when it came to raiding because it was the one thing you could focus on, aside from me being an outright dick, that you could use to get us in trouble. If I handled my business better, no one would have said word one about the raiding, as, when myself and the gremlins got along, even they found the rules to be sound.

And, again, if it weren't for me, no one would have criticized their raiding or their raiding rules, because they're still the most fair raiding rules I have yet to see on all of PB. More things are outlawed, more behaviour is frowned upon, and more people/raids were scrutinized than anywhere else. Despite what you claim to know, you don't actually know much.

I thought that you guys were still part of the family, even if very far from the tree and that it was my duty to make sure friendships weren't destroyed. Silly me, I guess it was just a hollow threat.

Slayer made sure that we would never, ever be friends after the first few days of our existence. We were in the room when TPF was hunting down NEW just because they wanted to make an Indonesian based alliance and I was there when Poison Clan first formed and the same conversation occurred about destroying Poison Clan. The face is different, but the mind will always be the same for TPF.

Well that is the thing right there, my members can say what they want. Sometimes I'll try to pull them in, but in this case I was away. For substance to threats, I promise when I make them, they will know.

Fair enough. But that still doesnt void my point that your members making hollow threats doesnt fit into the two categories presented. Just sayin.

EDIT: I've known you long enough to know that you wont be making public threats without at least the intent to back them up. The post was directed at your members, not you.

Edited by Stumpy Jung Il

Funny enough that you weren't in TPF while we were 'a part of the family *cough*'. Which also works to your benefit because I hold nothing against you personally. Just some of the stuff you uphold because it's "TPF Tradition", which I brush off as a part of the position. Still can't believe you haven't tried to kill us yet though. Trolling is as close as you get (plural you).

I find this statement extremely ironic coming from you, Second in Command of Poison Clan, Surrender King, Master of Fighting One Sided Wars.

Even more ironic coming from an ex-TPF member talking about one-sided wars and surrendering.

We are standing up and saying that we believe the Pink sphere deserves better. If we get rolled for it, so be it. Its better to die on your feet than live on your knees.

Well, okay. I respect that a lot. But I think you need to pick your battles and the pink unaligned aren't an important enough thing to die over.

However, if they were forced to war by an alliance with a belligerent history who has publicly stated they will go out of their way to wrong them, then its not suiciding but merely doing the right thing.

It can be both. The power structure of the time backed GGA in their brinksmanship over CNARF and if GATO had followed through with CNARF then it would have been a moral suicide. That's what (imo) PC and the others risk with this.

Even more ironic coming from an ex-TPF member talking about one-sided wars and surrendering.

Even more ironic coming from someone who fought against a ridiculously overwhelming enemy and survived, despite the general assumption that you would never be given peace.

Edited by Vilien

I find this statement extremely ironic coming from you, Second in Command of Poison Clan, Surrender King, Master of Fighting One Sided Wars.

I find your trolling extremely ironic coming from you, Founding Member of Poison Clan, Alliance Hopper, Master of Running when !@#$ Hits the Fan.

Seriously, everything you use to troll us is exactly the stuff that was present back when you were a member. Please realize that we've changed a bit and update your trolling accordingly.

And I'd love to educate you. Except Slayer keeps pulling the "Shut up moran before you give away any more Seekrits" String so I really can't.

I believe it goes back to the fact that when PC left from TPF they ran up a really big tab at the bar just before they split and then said, "Just put it on Slayer's tab." Metaphorically speaking of course.

Or is it "Similiely" speaking because I didn't use "like" or "as" in the description. I always forget.

As far as I'm concerned, I did more for TPF while I was there, and to help shape that alliance (even if my methods were kind of retarded). So when I left TPF to form PC, I didn't owe them !@#$.

And that's not a diss towards TPF. I did a lot for them, more than people are willing to acknowledge except in private. Should people have left when CTB and I left? No, but it wasn't our intention, nor did we ever think such a thing would happen, so what were we supposed to do? My tab was paid in full and then some, and so was CTB's.

As far as I'm concerned, I did more for TPF while I was there, and to help shape that alliance (even if my methods were kind of retarded). So when I left TPF to form PC, I didn't owe them !@#$.

And that's not a diss towards TPF. I did a lot for them, more than people are willing to acknowledge except in private. Should people have left when CTB and I left? No, but it wasn't our intention, nor did we ever think such a thing would happen, so what were we supposed to do? My tab was paid in full and then some, and so was CTB's.

I feel ya on this, dawg.

You cannot make this point in this case stumpy, seeing as how large of a percentage of PC are ex-TPF members and government, including twisted.

Funny enough that you weren't in TPF while we were 'a part of the family *cough*'. Which also works to your benefit because I hold nothing against you personally. Just some of the stuff you uphold because it's "TPF Tradition", which I brush off as a part of the position. Still can't believe you haven't tried to kill us yet though. Trolling is as close as you get (plural you).

Yeah, I will vouch for this. This part, however, is true.

You cannot make this point in this case stumpy, seeing as how large of a percentage of PC are ex-TPF members and government, including twisted.

That actually doesnt change it being ironic at all. Just cause it is for them as well doesnt change the fact at all. :mellow:

Well you can't say I havn't tried. Good luck with the policy.

You have indeed tried mhawk, and while my underlings (lol) still hold resentment towards the way they were treated by certain elements of your alliance, I hold no ill will towards you. And my opinion is the only one that matters.

I find your trolling extremely ironic coming from you, Founding Member of Poison Clan, Alliance Hopper, Master of Running when !@#$ Hits the Fan.

Seriously, everything you use to troll us is exactly the stuff that was present back when you were a member. Please realize that we've changed a bit and update your trolling accordingly.

When have I ran when !@#$ hit the fan?

I'm not sure I'm using anything to "troll" you, except your own hypocrisy. I just find it so hilarious how much your view points have changed and how they did when the tables were turned on you.

That actually doesnt change it being ironic at all. Just cause it is for them as well doesnt change the fact at all. mellow.gif

It is not "even more ironic" is what I think I was trying to get at.

Edited by youwish959