Question on Donation Scammers

WarriorConcept

It would make sense that you ensure either you:

a) trust the person you are selling to to pay you in CN cash, or

B) get them to send you that CN cash upfront before you send them the $20 donation.

I think the only type of in-game punishment could come from you and your allies in the form of a war declaration.

Edit: Just taking a guess, feel free to say I'm wrong.

Edited by imatt15

No, and we don't need it.

Since donation scamming means ZI for the buyer, and since the buyers are usually over 7999 infra (who would want to gain 200 infra, and then lose over 8k almost instantly after that?), there's no need for such a rule.

He's not asking for it to be made a rule... In his EZI petition, I said that I'd sign if an exception was made for OOC things like donation scamming, since that's someone's RL money. A few people thought it was against the rules, so WC decided to ask here.

-Bama

To the best of my knowledge, there is no hard and fast rule involving donation scamming. If you have donated to someone as a deal and they have not held up their end of the bargain, I suggest contacting Admin via his email address as you would in the Donation Mistake thread in this forum. If you have sent someone aid in return for a donation and they have not yet donated to you, since the money RL has not changed hands I don't believe there is much we can do; however you do have in-game means at your disposal at that point.

To the best of my knowledge, there is no hard and fast rule involving donation scamming. If you have donated to someone as a deal and they have not held up their end of the bargain, I suggest contacting Admin via his email address as you would in the Donation Mistake thread in this forum. If you have sent someone aid in return for a donation and they have not yet donated to you, since the money RL has not changed hands I don't believe there is much we can do; however you do have in-game means at your disposal at that point.

So I take it this will be handled then on a case by case basis by admin?

Also thanks for the response, it should make more future donation sellers a lot more secure that there is some alternate means of which to make sure that their transaction is kept safe which will indeed bring more money to cybernations.