Antartica Conference

Margrave

Lord Fischer of Niflheim has issued a general call for a conference of Antarctican powers, those that still remain active, to come to the city of Niflheim within his territory. He would like to inquire about land purchases, as well as pursue trade relations, and the chance for an active political and social discussion in the Frozen South.

We own a protectorate, although it is relatively developed along the coastline. While we do not wish to come as an "Antarctican power", we would still like to attend as a party with holdings on Antarctica.

You are indeed welcome, Sir. Our primary goal is the peaceful acquisition of more territory for our cramped population. But we would also share technology and techniques designed to live in our unique environment, learn more of our neighbors, and establish diplomatic relations.

Dranagg only reports two nations that we still hear from regularlly, and two other non-antarctican nations with land here. Terrestian Empire is extremely isolationist, the ISAF appears to have gone silent except for python, Sassian never had much to do with us, and Dragonisia has been selling its land.

However there is the newest nation to form on our shores. We have had little contact with them, but they are doing a lot of moving.

Edited by Tahsir Re

Lord Fischer: "That is concerning, but we shall not be expanding to the borders of other Antarctican nations anyway. We are asking for the suggestions of the the Southern community for how much territory is usable in the area, where important locations are, and the like...we are also interested in the setting up of greenhouse plantations and other such installations to support our cramped populace and further strengthen our economy."

Niflheim will consider all further arrivals with territories in the Frozen South as attendants of the Conference.

Niflheim has made its desires known; we request that, rather than establish our own borders, the community suggest a new set of borders and that we would then consider whether to ratify it or not.

We were led to believe that the definition was of all the Antarctican powers. Since Aotearoa's sphere of influence is closer to Australia and the Pacific Island chains we still don't see how anything so far South has much to do with that. It would be exactly like Canada claiming to have a strong sphere of influence in the entire pacific, because they own a small chain of equally small islands, that happen to be in the pacific.

Hooray! People remember my half of an island! And you actually spelled my name right too! :wub:

OOC: Of course I remember your island. While IC I see it as about as significant as say, puerto rico is to North America, OOC someone actually RPing something in Antarctica is rather new and rare :lol:

Dranagg wonders what a nation who's mainland is almost 4000 kilometers away from the Antarctic continent would hope to gain from attending this conference. Shall we just invite the Marscurian Empire as well?

OOC: Even I have an Antartic Island (for research purposes only) imagine if I wanted to come?