Alliance Questions

Cokekila

I personally don't expect much from my alliance. Keep me out of wars and i'll be happy, a decent supply of tech sellers wouldn't be so bad either. Other than that I don't expect anything from my alliance. What are you actually expecting from your alliance though?

-Veritas

I was wondering what you all think is EXPECTED of an alliance. I am currently in one and its possible I expect to much from it so I was wondering what you think a good alliance should be able to deliver to its members or possibly Planet Bob in general.

That will depend largely on what you want out of the game. You're best off joining an alliance who has similar aims to yourself, and while I could define my personal aims and playstyle I won't pretend there is a 'right' one, because it's a game after all.

The other major consideration is whether you want large vs small - a large alliance will have more sway over the game on average (with notable exceptions); easier options to get a stable tradeset and buy/sell tech; and will be slightly less vulnerable to sudden changes in global allegiances. On the other hand in a smaller alliance you'll get to know a larger proportional of members individually so such alliances tend to have more of a community feel, be more open in passing on information, generally more loyal and the average player slightly more knowledgable.

That is certainly not to say you can judge an alliance from its size at all, but these trends do exist to small degrees.

Edited by Chairman Cao

There are some alliances who have specialized goals, however in general if you feel comfortable stay put. I would like to point out that the smaller aa's give you more chances to become a member of government, where you can feel a bit more depth to the game.

If you are new, I would STRONGLY suggest an established, not necessarily large, Alliance. They can give you the training necessary to succeed on Bob. Once you cut your teeth, (about a year or so) you can stay there and keep it growing. Or, if you feel that you have gone on as far as you could in your Alliance, you could offer your services to a newer Alliance that would not only welcome your knowledge, but appreciate it as well.

If you are new, I would STRONGLY suggest an established, not necessarily large, Alliance. They can give you the training necessary to succeed on Bob. Once you cut your teeth, (about a year or so) you can stay there and keep it growing. Or, if you feel that you have gone on as far as you could in your Alliance, you could offer your services to a newer Alliance that would not only welcome your knowledge, but appreciate it as well.

If you're looking to be active this is definitely a good suggestion.