Verdict from GM Mercy on the Nuclear Exchange

MercyFallout

The following was proposed and agreed upon by the majority of those present (actively) in the IRC channel.

1. The nations directly involved in this worldwide nuclear exchange will be, for the next three real life months, in a number of various role play states. The majority will be facing nuclear winter while some other problems. Furthermore, none of these will be able to build nuclear weaposn during their period. The list is as follows:

Note: I have included more specific damage counts for the different nations who are under "nuclear winter". The other four nations who have +'s by their names will keep whatever is listed below. Nations without (+)'s are in nuclear winter.

*Lavo - Extremely heavy war damage, almost entirety of the country is radiated and completely war torn. Cyprus and Yerushalaim are moderately safe but still rather damaged.

*Triyun - War damage due to major nukings across the country, lots of radiation, most civilian electronics are wiped out by EMP devices.

*Coursca - War damage in Asia due to nukings across the land, radiation, civilian electronics fried.

*Mergerberger(+) - war damage (presumably medium to heavy) and a heavy economic downturn.

*JEDCJT(+) - war damage (presumably medium to heavy) and a heavy economic downturn.

*Centurius(+) - minor war damage due to bio-chemical weapons

*Kaiser Martens - More war damage than Lavo due to nukings and conventional war, much of the country is radiated. Rome, Martenshaven are moderately safe. Only damage in most of Italy is due to nuclear attacks.

*Dilber - War damage due to nukings, radiation, civilian electronics fried.

*VektorZero aka Malatose (+) - very heavy war damage and EMPing of the entire country. Not as heavy as Lavo and Martens.

*Shan Revan - Moderate war damage in Africa due, I'm not quite sure what to do about your main island though since it was hit with nukes (please get in touch and explain how your man made island works), radiation, civvie electronics fried.

*Mudd - War damage due to nukes in the Californian coastline due to nukes, radiation, civvie electronics fried.

*iamthey - War damage due to nukes, radiation, civvie 'tronics fried.

(Note: I think I'm missing some. If I missed you, man up and tell me)

Any nation who does not wish to serve their time will be removed from the map until you have served your time. Of course, Real Life circumstances may change this.

2. Nations who were "uninvolved" in the nuclear war will not have to role play any additional changes. However, many will be encouraged to role play minor EMP damage if a nuke landed near you. The exceptions are as follows:

*Sarah of Hansa: Please role play nuclear radiation clean up and rebuilding of your nation after the nuclear strike against your nation. A suggested time interval is two weeks but it may be faster if people around you choose to join in.

*MercyFallout (oh !@#$, that's me!): My entire nation is blacked out and partially radiated. I'm spending the next few months rebuilding.

*Cody Seb: I realize this isn't part of the nuclear war proper, however, the mass usage of biochem weaponry by Lavo will leave deep scars on the nation.

3. The Role Play will continue on its current course.

Any questions?

Edited by MercyFallout

Any nation who does not wish to serve their time will be asked (rather, forced) from the role play until a time double their has passed. Of course, Real Life circumstances may change this.

I have a problem with this. You can't just force people out of the rp. This is what I mean when I said being a GM has gone to your head. This is outside your powers as a GM. The mods wouldn't even pass a ruling like that.

Anyway since a nuclear weapon was detonated so close to my northwestern territory I'm going to rp nuclear fallout in that area.

I have a problem with this. You can't just force people out of the rp. This is what I mean when I said being a GM has gone to your head. This is outside your powers as a GM. The mods wouldn't even pass a ruling like that.

Anyway since a nuclear weapon was detonated so close to my northwestern territory I'm going to rp nuclear fallout in that area.

Actually, Nikonov was banned from the map for a good month. The Mods approved it.

Also, there needs to be a measure that prevents the listed in point 1 from rerolling...say...tomorrow and escaping it all altogether.

Edited by MercyFallout

I also have a problem with that, but I'd appreciate it if you toned it down. How about acting more polite when trying to change something? Politeness goes a long way.

Actually, it's supposed to be that He can't just force people to RP. He is allowed to keep people from RPing.

So it's fine. It's not like he's FORCING them to RP radiation cleanup or something. They can go inactive for 3 months, and nothing would be forced of them.

Edited by XRCatD

Mercy, banning from the map sounds a lot different than forcing someone out of the rp.

Sargun, how more toned down can I get? I think it's a bad ruling and I said so. I told him being a GM is going to his head because it is. The way Mercy talks sometimes, it leads me to believe he thinks he's better than the rest of us. I'd like to see him change his attitude a little.

Mercy, banning from the map sounds a lot different than forcing someone out of the rp.

Sargun, how more toned down can I get? I think it's a bad ruling and I said so. I told him being a GM is going to his head because it is. The way Mercy talks sometimes, it leads me to believe he thinks he's better than the rest of us. I'd like to see him change his attitude a little.

Two people punching each other telling each other to shut up is only gonna make both of them look stupid. Mercy isn't the only GM, and if you have a problem with him then instead of getting an attitude with him you can calmly talk to me.

That is what I mean. Removal from map. That is what forcing from RP has always meant to me.

I apologize if I am a bit harsh. I am rather upset from this situation. I've been dragged around by both sides since this thing started and its getting on my nerves.

Two people punching each other telling each other to shut up is only gonna make both of them look stupid. Mercy isn't the only GM, and if you have a problem with him then instead of getting an attitude with him you can calmly talk to me.

That makes no sense. If I said 2+2=5 I wouldn't want Mercy to tell you that I did the math wrong. I'd want him to tell me.

You're absolutely right Sargun. I don’t know how I didn't see it earlier.

Look dude, I apologized already. I realize I'm don't have the best personality and I know I have to work on it.

I'm human, I make mistakes. When I make them, I fix them. If you look in my edited op, I have specified what I meant by "forced from the role play".

If I may ask, my nation was near the Dilberian Empire.

Would I have been hit or at least damaged by a nuke? I also appear to not be on the world map...<_<

The map hasn't been updated recently due to my vacation which has been rudely interrupted.

This weekend you'll get your freaking update =P