On Nation merges

HK47

Nation merges have existed for a while now, most of them have been short lived, others reclusive and a couple that could be considered relatively successful however most of them have resulted as the subject of many, many, messages in not only my inbox but others who assist in maintaining this community. Recently I and several of my peers (hi stormcrow :P) have reviewed the roleplaying of merged nations and their history. It has come to a point where we have deemed it necessary to end nation mergers. We may re-allow it in the future, however it is clear some kind of structure will be needed. For now however, there shall be no more mergers. Currently merged nations will be given a week to roleplay the "unmerging" of their nation if they so choose, after which it shall disband by default regardless.

I must apologise that it came to this.

-Stormcrow:

I'm disappointed that it came to this, guys, but this has been a major issue for awhile, and it finally became time to make a ruling on it. We've been trying to avoid anything which would limit the abilities of the rpers of this community, but it has come to a head and now we are jointly ruling against the continuance of Nation-Mergers. Like my good friend HK47 said, we may allow it in the future, but that is dependent on a better class of role play and a more responsible community approach to this and other issues. I wish the best of luck to those currently merged on roleplaying the end of their unions.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Even with all the hard work put into the Dragon Empire you're wanting us to disassemble it? *Looks faintly pouty*

We have a lot of rp behind our empire, you can find it in my fact book. I will do so if this decision is final...

I have 5 active role-players in my empire..

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

Even with all the hard work put into the Dragon Empire you're wanting us to disassemble it? *Looks faintly pouty*

We have a lot of rp behind our empire, you can find it in my fact book. I will do so if this decision is final...

I have 5 active role-players in my empire..

Too much abuse and too many problems emerged. Like I said, we may get a second shot at this, but for now, it's out the door.

Alright then, for now I'll archive the Imperial records in case one day it reassmbles.

For now.. the fun... the falling part of a 5-state nation.

All hail the smorgasbord of RP this will result in.

For the record.. for those who do not remember. I was initially against Mergers. I made a pledge.. if they kept up the crap I will do it better, bigger, and more legal than anyone else to show them why they should go bye bye. I get the suspicion the empire we have created had a part in this decision... so I guess the desire results have been achieved.

I would like to note, however, that it is still possible to give up your territory/country entirely, and rp a character in the nation taking over. However, all of the benefits that were apart of previous mergers are now null and void; your military is not added to theirs, your population is not added to theirs, and your character has no more power in that country than the host player says. This is a road-back of sorts for the community; we're going to leave this as an option to those few dedicated who haven't abused the system and see what they do with it. If we still get abuse on the issue, then we'll renege that as well. The good behavior of the community determines what privileges and permissions the community gets.

I would like to note, however, that it is still possible to give up your territory/country entirely, and rp a character in the nation taking over. However, all of the benefits that were apart of previous mergers are now null and void; your military is not added to theirs, your population is not added to theirs, and your character has no more power in that country than the host player says. This is a road-back of sorts for the community; we're going to leave this as an option to those few dedicated who haven't abused the system and see what they do with it. If we still get abuse on the issue, then we'll renege that as well. The good behavior of the community determines what privileges and permissions the community gets.

Okay, next question about this. This countries may stay merged territories and people may play as parts of those nations.. so the DE might still feasibly work, it's just that economies, military, etc do not stack. Do you take the best of each nation's stats then or how does that work? Would the strongest territory be the one that would be used or would it default to the leading national player?

Perhaps if we looked at this in the context of.. "If we wanted to stay together.. how would the DE re-shuffle its fact book?"

Okay, next question about this. This countries may stay merged territories and people may play as parts of those nations.. so the DE might still feasibly work, it's just that economies, military, etc do not stack. Do you take the best of each nation's stats then or how does that work? Would the strongest territory be the one that would be used or would it default to the leading national player?

That was basically my question. Is it the stats of the head of state's nation, or the strongest nation?

In my last discussion with HK47, we decided on "Strongest Nation's Stats". However, this is under review, so if it changes in the next week, don't be surprised. We really want to give the community an opportunity to earn this back; we are not so keen on giving it the rope to hang itself with.

Under what stormcrow said. Then basically the strongest country has just the same stats, and all the land, and people just RP in it.

The thing is you lose the military power of a old merged nations. Pretend equal two nations merge. Instead of two equal sized navies you only get 1 navy that is capped by the top nation's ability. 1 instead of 2 airforces. one army instead of two.

EG. Nation a has 10 ships. Nation b has 15. Combined under stormcrow's ruling it seems you have a navy of 15.

Edited by Tahsir Re

In my last discussion with HK47, we decided on "Strongest Nation's Stats". However, this is under review, so if it changes in the next week, don't be surprised. We really want to give the community an opportunity to earn this back; we are not so keen on giving it the rope to hang itself with.

Understood. I've never had an intent of abusing any particular system. I've been using pretty much whatever standard the community threw at me at the time and adapting my factbook based on those suggestions. If this were formalized I'd simply adapt our numbers to reflect the formalized standards.

If we go off the strongest stats.. does that mean you take the highest tech, highest # of troops, basically.. piecemeal among the nations or you just use the one with the highest nation strength and you use all of its base stats? Math is a very unbiased observer. I'll use any equations given or set parameters.

I hope nobody would do that to him, he's been doing a good job rp'ing so far. It would only show that some people here hold grudges.

Some of his more... eccentric patterns have been tampered with the decision making patterns of the council. But overall he's got a good head on his shoulders. Just needs a little temperament. He's been valuable in his role in the Empire.

Understood. I've never had an intent of abusing any particular system. I've been using pretty much whatever standard the community threw at me at the time and adapting my factbook based on those suggestions. If this were formalized I'd simply adapt our numbers to reflect the formalized standards.

If we go off the strongest stats.. does that mean you take the highest tech, highest # of troops, basically.. piecemeal among the nations or you just use the one with the highest nation strength and you use all of its base stats? Math is a very unbiased observer. I'll use any equations given or set parameters.

Piecemeal. Each merged nation does not suddenly jump up to the strength of its strongest member; the population/military power of the strongest nation wold be the power of the entire organization.

Then one nation would just max troops, another aircraft, another navy.

I think he ment the nation that takes over, its stats take over. All the little guys just get to RP actions in the nation.

Edit: stormcrow, the lightning poster :lol:

Edited by Tahsir Re

Piecemeal. Each merged nation does not suddenly jump up to the strength of its strongest member; the population/military power of the strongest nation wold be the power of the entire organization.

Lets do it this way..

Country 1. (Leader)

Tech: 50

Military 1000

Navy: 2

Airforce 60

Economy: 200000

+

Country 2. (Member of Govt)

Tech 100

Military 500

Navy 0

Airforce: 20

Economy: 10000

+

Country 3 (Member of Govt) (Highest Nation Strength)

Tech: 1200

Military: 2000

Navy: 25

Airforce: 0

Economy: 150000

=

?

Fill in merger stats here based on outcome of merger.