Announcements and Updates from the Western Republic

Sargun II

"Our EMP-proofing project has been restarted after the war. Much of the older technology, which would have been expensive to re-fit, is instead being sold for lower prices to less fortunate nations and new, outfitted equipment is being produced. The cost is slightly more, but we believe we can offset it with a good amount of sales."

m4_boat.jpg

A Western soldier enjoying training with his new gear

"In another stunning display, the Western Republic's very own Vault-Tec, in conjunction with Forvenge, has announced the Vault program. In event of a nuclear war, a massive layout of Vaults would be used to protect the citizens (and the army) of the Western Republic from harm. While construction has just begun, we have no figures to give out."

Vault_Tec_Logo_(clean).png

Vault-Tec

"In unrelated news, the Western Republic and the Rebel Army have agreed to a new economic treaty, one that will be mutually beneficial for both nations."

president-kufuor-of-ghana-and-president-kagame-of-rwanda_3column00_nospace_landscape.jpg

Two representatives from each nation shaking hands

"The Western Republic has also decided to burden much of the cost of improving the new nation of Northrend, much to the dismay of taxpayers. While this may be beneficial (and create jobs for both nations), the cost might be a little too much. Perhaps a new policy of "they can pay for it" should be enacted?"

DSC00497.jpg

Transport boats prepping for materials to be sent to Northrend

"In sports news, our own national (football/soccer) team has entered the Transvaal World Cup III, a new step for our nation after internal strife delayed the formation of our own national team. While we're definitely the underdogs, nothing's ever out of sight."

1010_A54.jpg

Western footballers practice

OOC: tl;dr = I'm going to buy the fallout shelter in a few months which is when I'll RP the completion of the Vault program, so don't get !@#$%*y about it. Also, I'm entering the football/soccer cup (this thread is not for saying "it's soccer!! it's footbal!!!!"). Also, emp-proofing is back up, and I'm tech sharing with lavo. also, the northrend deal

"How do you propose to successfully move masses of people into this vault, before a war head detonates?" exclaimed Lennox Crispington

"The Vaults will be built near major population centers, and when a warhead detonates a mass evacuation will occur. Our own SDI program is being made in conjunction with Saboria's (ooc: it's my next wonder//), and once one is destroyed the evacuations will commence if another one is detected."

The Imperium notes its' own program has begun far in advance of the Western Republic's own; would they require assistance in the production of their own Vaults?

We wish not to burden you. Our population, and thus the number of Vaults, far exceeds your own. It would cost more for you to assist us than for you to build your own.

OOC: I'm never getting in a war, so yeah. =P I'm buying it once I feel like buying it, which would be in many months

OOC: Well, about every wonder is better than the Fallout Shelter (since the FSS is probably the only "harmful" wonder), but if you're doing it for RP purposes, then I guess... eh.

Also, @ Shadowsage - if you're making use of IRL estimates, then your population would probably be in the vicinities of 90M-105M.

We question the ability of the Western Republic to make effective use of these shelters. As you have stated, you are building these shelters outside of major population centers, which for you nation, must number in the millions to tens of millions of people. Now, if nuclear warheads are falling on your nation, you will certainly have less than an hour to get your people to these shelters. There is no way they will all reach these shelters in time. Surely you must realize that the vast majority of your people will not make it. In fact, you'd be lucky if more than a million combined reach all of your shelters.

OOC: I find this interesting. I've just gotten used to the idea of having 10 million people for a total population. What formulas are you using to arrive at these figures??? /OOC

OOC: I base my population (currently 35 Million) off RL estimates, while GDP and such is based off IG numbers x100.

We question the ability of the Western Republic to make effective use of these shelters. As you have stated, you are building these shelters outside of major population centers, which for you nation, must number in the millions to tens of millions of people. Now, if nuclear warheads are falling on your nation, you will certainly have less than an hour to get your people to these shelters. There is no way they will all reach these shelters in time. Surely you must realize that the vast majority of your people will not make it. In fact, you'd be lucky if more than a million combined reach all of your shelters.

A million human lives is worth more than any project in the world. This is not our only effort to protect our citizens from nuclear warheads. A Strategic Defense Initiative is in the works (ooc: as I said before, it's my next wonder), combine that with the shelters and advance warning and protection from our friends and allies, and we believe that we can save upwards of tens of millions of lives. We do, however, hope we never have to use them.

OOC: What's this? Logic from an IC Rebel Virginia? Now I've seen everything... :P

A million human lives is worth more than any project in the world. This is not our only effort to protect our citizens from nuclear warheads. A Strategic Defense Initiative is in the works (ooc: as I said before, it's my next wonder), combine that with the shelters and advance warning and protection from our friends and allies, and we believe that we can save upwards of tens of millions of lives. We do, however, hope we never have to use them.

Well then, we hope that these are at least moderately successful, and pray that you never have to use them. We just wish that you keep in mind that should a nuclear war ever occur, there will be no time to do a mass evacuation. It is smarter to stop the missiles from hitting you in the first place. Nevertheless, we must commend your efforts.

New Treaty Signed with Shilla

The Transcontinental Accords were signed with Shilla, and the terms of the treaty are as of yet unknown. However, it is rumored to be an Mutual Defense Pact.

Military Upgrades

The military is going through an incredible overhaul of resources. Expected to take a short amount of time, the government has announced the cutting off of development of the Sahara Desert and the slowing down of our nuclear program to save money. The upgrades are proceeding incredibly fast.

Infrastructure Upgrades

The nations recovery is going remarkably fast, with infrastructure levels and construction at a high peak and the nation is expected to be back at pre-war condition within a few months. The incredible amount of money flowing through the burgeoning economy and the recent economic deal with Rebel Army have given a huge boost to the recovery.

Procinctia is extremely interested in trading information with Vault-Tec regarding extended survival in contained subterranean environments.

Considering Procinctia has survived a year as a nation in underground bunkers, an exchange of our mutual expertise would be equally beneficial.

Classified Technical Information

There are currently 8,000 (estimate) bunkers dwellers under Saint Paul Island, less than 1/3 the prewar population.

five year bunker sustainability, 9 year bunker survivability --->Theoretical, extremely Theoretical

Edited by Generalissimo