Chronicles of a deposed Leader

JEDCJT

OOC: Okay, I'll have them make out. :awesome::ph34r:

IC: With that, Jed would tell the driver to take them to the nearest Chinese resturant. The driver, an aged man in the mid-forties, chuckled as he muttered something that sounded like 'young love' under his breath. (OOC: Do I RP the driver, as well? If not, disregard that sentence.)

For much the car ride, Jed and Laurel would chat (or more like flirt) as she giggled at his comments and jokes and the like. Jed had never felt so comfortable chatting with a beautiful young woman sitting besides him. Had he finally found his true love...?

Finally, they arrived at the destination, and the driver got out of the car. Opening the door, the cab driver grinned as Laurel and Jed got out of the car. As the 'lovebirds' walked into the resturant, the cab driver chuckled and shook his head. "Young love, indeed!"

Upon entering the resturant, Jed and Laurel were almost immediately designated a table (perhaps they recognized Jed and respected him?). They ordered their food and drinks, and chattered while they waited for the food to arrive. When the food finally arrived ("Here's to the world!" Jed had toasted, inciting a giggle from Laurel). They had such a great time, they talked about everything (well, not everything exactly of course. But you get what I mean). It was one of the greatest days in their lives, one that they will never forget.

---

OOC: I guess I'll continue. ^_^

IC: Aaron chuckled. "Indeed. It's an interesting trend, so to say, heh."

OOC: Yeah, I'll go with that first part. But she already told the driver to go to the nearest Chinese Restaraunt... :P And no making out... <_< oh, wait, good, you didn't do that. ^_^

IC: "I must say this has been the best day I've had in a long time," Laurel said, as they walked out of the restaurant. Showing Jed the sights of the city had completely left her mind in the enjoyment of the day. Underneath his intial shyness was a man with an excellent sense of humor, and a good grasp on many subjects they had discussed.

They had, in fact, stayed long after their meal was done, and the sun was getting quite low in the sky, something she noted with a bit of disappointment. Well, I suppose I should probably take you home now," she commented, noting the irony in the fact that the girl was taking the guy home, instead of the other way around...

"Taxi!" she called, at a passing taxi...

------------------

Now this was a subject upon which Aaron's driver could wax quite eloquent when he chose to.

"Oh, definitely," he said, as the light turned green once more. "As fast as public opinion changes, I have to wonder sometimes, how do politicians do it? How do they keep the people happy with what they do? No, sirree, I wouldn't become a politician if you offered to pay me a million Pounds. I just wish sometimes that the public would see its own hypocrosy, like asking for more freedom one day, then more security the next. It's just common sense that you can't have it both ways!"

Edited by Subtleknifewielder

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OOC: Yeah, I'll go with that first part. But she already told the driver to go to the nearest Chinese Restaraunt... :P And no making out... <_< oh, wait, good, you didn't do that. ^_^

IC: "I must say this has been the best day I've had in a long time," Laurel said, as they walked out of the restaurant. Showing Jed the sights of the city had completely left her mind in the enjoyment of the day. Underneath his intial shyness was a man with an excellent sense of humor, and a good grasp on many subjects they had discussed.

They had, in fact, stayed long after their meal was done, and the sun was getting quite low in the sky, something she noted with a bit of disappointment. Well, I suppose I should probably take you home now," she commented, noting the irony in the fact that the girl was taking the guy home, instead of the other way around...

"Taxi!" she called, at a passing taxi...

------------------

Now this was a subject upon which Aaron's driver could wax quite eloquent when he chose to.

"Oh, definitely," he said, as the light turned green once more. "As fast as public opinion changes, I have to wonder sometimes, how do politicians do it? How do they keep the people happy with what they do? No, sirree, I wouldn't become a politician if you offered to pay me a million Pounds. I just wish sometimes that the public would see its own hypocrosy, like asking for more freedom one day, then more security the next. It's just common sense that you can't have it both ways!"

Jed grinned. "Yes, I agree with you on that. This was simply a great day, my dear." He added the last word in a teasing tone.

He felt a sense of disappointment of the fact that this wonderful day was nearing its end. But then, all good things must come to an end. Jed grinned. "Take me home? My, I feel honored..." He joked, winking.

---

OOC: Do you want to skip ahead in the next update? ^_^

IC: Aaron laughed. "Oh, I get what you mean. Most politicans are always like that, they crave power. They have to do everything just to remain in power, and that includes keeping the population happy. I should know, I was a politica--no, I was a mere Emperor." Aaron smirked. "But that's how things are. We learn to deal with them, so to say."

Jed grinned. "Yes, I agree with you on that. This was simply a great day, my dear." He added the last word in a teasing tone.

He felt a sense of disappointment of the fact that this wonderful day was nearing its end. But then, all good things must come to an end. Jed grinned. "Take me home? My, I feel honored..." He joked, winking.

---

OOC: Do you want to skip ahead in the next update? ^_^

IC: Aaron laughed. "Oh, I get what you mean. Most politicans are always like that, they crave power. They have to do everything just to remain in power, and that includes keeping the population happy. I should know, I was a politica--no, I was a mere Emperor." Aaron smirked. "But that's how things are. We learn to deal with them, so to say."

She couldn't help it. She giggled again as the taxi came to a stop next to them. This time she didn't wait for Jed to open the door, but rather opened it herself. If she was taking him home, she might as well switch the roles completely for the fun of it. "You should feel honored," she said, winking right back as she waited for him to get in. "I don't do this for just anyobody, you know..."

-------------------

OOC: OK.

IC: The driver chuckled at the comment that Aaron was a 'mere' Emperor, nodding in agreement with the entire statement. He didn't speak again until they had arrived at Aaron's new home.

Pulling into the driveway, he commented... "I know it's probably not what you're used to..."

The residence they pulled up to was a two-story building (not counting the attic) of Victorian architecture. The landscaping around it included several small deciduous trees, an incomplete hedge, and miniature fence that was more for decoration than to keep people off the property.

Queen_Anne_House.jpg

"So, what do you think...?"

OOC: I just remembered...where's Henry? If you like, you can say he's with Aaron so he can get acquainted with his new home...that, or he got a car all to himself with a woman who loves dogs... (Not Laurel, obviously, as she's with Jed) ;)

She couldn't help it. She giggled again as the taxi came to a stop next to them. This time she didn't wait for Jed to open the door, but rather opened it herself. If she was taking him home, she might as well switch the roles completely for the fun of it. "You should feel honored," she said, winking right back as she waited for him to get in. "I don't do this for just anyobody, you know..."

-------------------

OOC: OK.

IC: The driver chuckled at the comment that Aaron was a 'mere' Emperor, nodding in agreement with the entire statement. He didn't speak again until they had arrived at Aaron's new home.

Pulling into the driveway, he commented... "I know it's probably not what you're used to..."

The residence they pulled up to was a two-story building (not counting the attic) of Victorian architecture. The landscaping around it included several small deciduous trees, an incomplete hedge, and miniature fence that was more for decoration than to keep people off the property.

Queen_Anne_House.jpg

"So, what do you think...?"

OOC: I just remembered...where's Henry? If you like, you can say he's with Aaron so he can get acquainted with his new home...that, or he got a car all to himself with a woman who loves dogs... (Not Laurel, obviously, as she's with Jed) ;)

Jed's smile widened. "Really? That is an honor." He grinned. "Thank you." The former Prime Minister got into the cab. He smiled as he looked at Laurel, subtly admiring (he'd refused to say 'checking her out') her. 'Man, she's so beautiful...' He thought to himself.

---

Aaron raised an eyebrow as he surveyed the building. He smirked. "Ah, that's alright. It looks nice, heh." It may not be the Dolmabahce Palace, but it was nice, indeed. And speaking of the Dolmabahce Palace, Aaron frowned a bit as he thought of Kelikark and the recent coup that had taken place about a week before. 'Kelikark....I swear you will regret it.' Aaron thought to himself as he opened the door and got out. Henry, who'd been sitting next to Aaron, barked softly and jumped out after him.

OOC: D'oh! I always forget about Henry. :(

Ya, you can say he's with Aaron. The cab driver noticed him and commented about him and whatnots. You don't have to edit your previous posts. ;)

Edited by JEDCJT

Jed's smile widened. "Really? That is an honor." He grinned. "Thank you." The former Prime Minister got into the cab. He smiled as he looked at Laurel, subtly admiring (he'd refused to say 'checking her out') her. 'Man, she's so beautiful...' He thought to himself.

---

Aaron raised an eyebrow as he surveyed the building. He smirked. "Ah, that's alright. It looks nice, heh." It may not be the Dolmabahce Palace, but it was nice, indeed. And speaking of the Dolmabahce Palace, Aaron frowned a bit as he thought of Kelikark and the recent coup that had taken place about a week before. 'Kelikark....I swear you will regret it.' Aaron thought to himself as he opened the door and got out. Henry, who'd been sitting next to Aaron, barked softly and jumped out after him.

OOC: D'oh! I always forget about Henry. :(

Ya, you can say he's with Aaron. The cab driver noticed him and commented about him and whatnots. You don't have to edit your previous posts. ;)

Admiring her, checking her out, it all amounted to the same thing, and she smiled as she noticed his attention, looking away to cover her mild blush as she got in the opposite door.

"So," she said, clearing her throat. "You'll need to give the cabbie your address. Once we're there, I'll tell you how to get to mine...it's within walking distance."

-------------------------------------

The driver discretely ignored the shadow that crossed Aaron's face, as he undoubtedly thought of his homeland.

"Well, if you ever need anything, just call the number on this card, and follow the instructions under it."

If Aaron looked at the card before pocketing it, it would have a phone number, and several code phrases that would let the operator on the other end know exactly who to transfer him to--specifically, Richard Anderson.

Admiring her, checking her out, it all amounted to the same thing, and she smiled as she noticed his attention, looking away to cover her mild blush as she got in the opposite door.

"So," she said, clearing her throat. "You'll need to give the cabbie your address. Once we're there, I'll tell you how to get to mine...it's within walking distance."

-------------------------------------

The driver discretely ignored the shadow that crossed Aaron's face, as he undoubtedly thought of his homeland.

"Well, if you ever need anything, just call the number on this card, and follow the instructions under it."

If Aaron looked at the card before pocketing it, it would have a phone number, and several code phrases that would let the operator on the other end know exactly who to transfer him to--specifically, Richard Anderson.

Jed snapped out of his 'reverie' and he smiled. "Yes, ma'am." He joked. Leaning forward, Jed gave the driver the address of his residence. When he did, he turned to Laurel and smiled again.

---

Aaron grinned as he received the card. "Alright, got it." He surveyed it, and indeed, it had a phone number and several code phrases. Pocketing it, Aaron walked over to the trunk and tried to open it, but it didn't. He turned to the driver and raised an eyebrow, gesturing at the trunk.

OOC: :P

Jed snapped out of his 'reverie' and he smiled. "Yes, ma'am." He joked. Leaning forward, Jed gave the driver the address of his residence. When he did, he turned to Laurel and smiled again.

---

Aaron grinned as he received the card. "Alright, got it." He surveyed it, and indeed, it had a phone number and several code phrases. Pocketing it, Aaron walked over to the trunk and tried to open it, but it didn't. He turned to the driver and raised an eyebrow, gesturing at the trunk.

OOC: :P

Laurel smiled right back. As the cab driver took off, she had a sudden thought... 'I wonder what he'd do if I kissed him...' Blinking, she turned away before he could read her intentions in her eyes, instead staring out the window. No, it was just a passing thought. Kissing was not for a first date...was it?

OOC: your choice on skipping forward or not...

-----------------

IC: "Oh, yes, forgot. The trunk locks automatically when you close it." Grinning sheepishly, the driver walked back to the trunk and inserted the key, unlocking it so Aaron could get his luggage.

As he did so, he turned to Henry with a smile. "So what do you think, boy?"

Laurel smiled right back. As the cab driver took off, she had a sudden thought... 'I wonder what he'd do if I kissed him...' Blinking, she turned away before he could read her intentions in her eyes, instead staring out the window. No, it was just a passing thought. Kissing was not for a first date...was it?

OOC: your choice on skipping forward or not...

-----------------

IC: "Oh, yes, forgot. The trunk locks automatically when you close it." Grinning sheepishly, the driver walked back to the trunk and inserted the key, unlocking it so Aaron could get his luggage.

As he did so, he turned to Henry with a smile. "So what do you think, boy?"

Interestingly, Jed was having similiar thoughts. 'I wonder what she would do if I kissed her...' He glanced at her briefly before turning his head away, toward the window. He wanted to kiss her, but he wasn't sure of how she would respond. What if he did that, and she didn't feel the same way? It would certainly ruin their 'date' and make things awkward between them...and he didnt certainly want that.

---

Aaron laughed as he slapped the driver on the back. "That's quite interesting. We didnt have that back in Byzantium...I think." He grinned as he got his bags out of the trunk.

Besides, when the driver asked the question, Henry tilted his head and barked softly several times, as if in approval.

Interestingly, Jed was having similiar thoughts. 'I wonder what she would do if I kissed her...' He glanced at her briefly before turning his head away, toward the window. He wanted to kiss her, but he wasn't sure of how she would respond. What if he did that, and she didn't feel the same way? It would certainly ruin their 'date' and make things awkward between them...and he didnt certainly want that.

---

Aaron laughed as he slapped the driver on the back. "That's quite interesting. We didnt have that back in Byzantium...I think." He grinned as he got his bags out of the trunk.

Besides, when the driver asked the question, Henry tilted his head and barked softly several times, as if in approval.

She sneaked a glance back at him, only to find he was looking the other way too. 'Hmm, perhaps...no. Not yet,' she thought silently. She returned to looking out the window, waiting for either Jed to do or say something, or for their arrival at his home...

OOC: I figure by the time they arrive, Aaron will at least be partially settled, and wondering what was taking them so long. but that is up to you, after all.

------------------------

IC: "Yeah, I suppose not."

He grinned at Henry, careful not to show his teeth. "Glad you approve, too. You're going to be living here for a while." He reached down to ruffle the dog's ears before returning to the driver's seat of the car. "Well, I don't know if I shoud say goodbye, or just see you later..." he said as he got in, not shutting the door yet...

She sneaked a glance back at him, only to find he was looking the other way too. 'Hmm, perhaps...no. Not yet,' she thought silently. She returned to looking out the window, waiting for either Jed to do or say something, or for their arrival at his home...

OOC: I figure by the time they arrive, Aaron will at least be partially settled, and wondering what was taking them so long. but that is up to you, after all.

------------------------

IC: "Yeah, I suppose not."

He grinned at Henry, careful not to show his teeth. "Glad you approve, too. You're going to be living here for a while." He reached down to ruffle the dog's ears before returning to the driver's seat of the car. "Well, I don't know if I shoud say goodbye, or just see you later..." he said as he got in, not shutting the door yet...

OOC: Hm...yeah, you've got a point thar. But one more thing. :ph34r:

IC: Jed turned to Laurel and smiled. Clearing his throat, the former Prime Minister began, "So--" He felt his mouth suddenly get dry. "So...if you don't mind me asking, do you like someone?" He mentally cursed himself for asking such a dorky question.

OOC: You can RP them arriving and whatnots. ^_^

---

Aaron grinned. "Nah, you don't need to say the either of them. What you need to say is...'catch ya later, dudez!' Seriously, see ya later. Have a good day, sir." Aaron smirked. Turning his head toward Henry, Aaron nodded. "Ready, buddy?"

Henry barked a couple of times, his tail wagging, as he walked alongside Aaron toward their new residence home...

Edited by JEDCJT

OOC: Hm...yeah, you've got a point thar. But one more thing. :ph34r:

IC: Jed turned to Laurel and smiled. Clearing his throat, the former Prime Minister began, "So--" He felt his mouth suddenly get dry. "So...if you don't mind me asking, do you like someone?" He mentally cursed himself for asking such a dorky question.

OOC: You can RP them arriving and whatnots. ^_^

---

Aaron grinned. "Nah, you don't need to say the either of them. What you need to say is...'catch ya later, dudez!' Seriously, see ya later. Have a good day, sir." Aaron smirked. Turning his head toward Henry, Aaron nodded. "Ready, buddy?"

Henry barked a couple of times, his tail wagging, as he walked alongside Aaron toward their new residence home...

She stiffened at the question, not sure how to answer. But before she knew it, she was saying. "Well...maybe I do..." She turned around and looked pointedly at him, licking her lips nervously, and reaching out a hand toward his. Unconsiously, she leaned closer...

OOC: OK, if you like, you can say she kissed him. On the lips. If you want to RP thir arrival, then do so, otherwise I will do it in my next post.

---------------

IC: "Got it, dude," the man grinned, shutting the door. He fascened his seat belt and inched out of the driveway. As he looked in the rear-view mirror, he saw the man and dog walking toward a new chapter in their life...

She stiffened at the question, not sure how to answer. But before she knew it, she was saying. "Well...maybe I do..." She turned around and looked pointedly at him, licking her lips nervously, and reaching out a hand toward his. Unconsiously, she leaned closer...

OOC: OK, if you like, you can say she kissed him. On the lips. If you want to RP thir arrival, then do so, otherwise I will do it in my next post.

---------------

IC: "Got it, dude," the man grinned, shutting the door. He fascened his seat belt and inched out of the driveway. As he looked in the rear-view mirror, he saw the man and dog walking toward a new chapter in their life...

OOC: Alright. :awesome:

Fun fact: They're about to kiss!

IC: Jed's heart began to beat faster and faster as he saw Laurel lean closer and closer. Was she...? Yes, she was! Before he knew it, he felt himself lean in toward her, closing his eyes. Closer and closer, until...

His lips met hers.

As soon as it did, he felt a jolt through his body. Her lips was soft...so soft. But Jed and Laurel's little dream world screeched to a halt when the cab stopped suddenly. They were at their destination.

Blushing a bit, Jed smiled. "Well...uh, we're here now."

OOC: How's this? :awesome:

Edited by JEDCJT

OOC: Alright. :awesome:

Fun fact: They're about to kiss!

IC: Jed's heart began to beat faster and faster as he saw Laurel lean closer and closer. Was she...? Yes, she was! Before he knew it, he felt himself lean in toward her, closing his eyes. Closer and closer, until...

His lips met hers.

As soon as it did, he felt a jolt through his body. Her lips was soft...so soft. But Jed and Laurel's little dream world screeched to a halt when the cab stopped suddenly. They were at their destination.

Blushing a bit, Jed smiled. "Well...uh, we're here now."

OOC: How's this? :awesome:

OOC: wrong, their heads are supposed to slam into the seats when the cab slams on the brakes

OOC: The point is, it was rather rudely interrupted... :mad: I like it the way it is. Besides, their heads slamming into the seat is implied by the cab stopping suddenly. No need to say it. :P

IC: "Yeah..." She sighed. Well, whoever said all good things must come to an end was at least partially right. The day was over. Blushing herself, she got out of the cab, paying the driver.

"Soore yuh dun need moi tuh staye, meess?" The cabbie asked politely in his rather thick accent. Underneath the politeness, he sounded genuinely concerned.

"I'll be fine. I only live a few blocks away. But thank you."

"Hokaye, if'n yuh saye so," he said as he blinked, doubtful, but as soon as Jed got out and retrieved his luggage, the man tipped his hat to Laurel and took off in search of another fare.

As she and Jed stood there, staring at each other, the awkwardness of the situation suddenly hit her, and she blushed even further. Her hands twisted around each other, unsure of what to do, and her eyes looked anywhere but into his...

OOC: Perfect moment for Aaron to interrupt, if you ask me... ;)

OOC: The point is, it was rather rudely interrupted... :mad: I like it the way it is. Besides, their heads slamming into the seat is implied by the cab stopping suddenly. No need to say it. :P

IC: "Yeah..." She sighed. Well, whoever said all good things must come to an end was at least partially right. The day was over. Blushing herself, she got out of the cab, paying the driver.

"Soore yuh dun need moi tuh staye, meess?" The cabbie asked politely in his rather thick accent. Underneath the politeness, he sounded genuinely concerned.

"I'll be fine. I only live a few blocks away. But thank you."

"Hokaye, if'n yuh saye so," he said as he blinked, doubtful, but as soon as Jed got out and retrieved his luggage, the man tipped his hat to Laurel and took off in search of another fare.

As she and Jed stood there, staring at each other, the awkwardness of the situation suddenly hit her, and she blushed even further. Her hands twisted around each other, unsure of what to do, and her eyes looked anywhere but into his...

OOC: Perfect moment for Aaron to interrupt, if you ask me... ;)

OOC: Indeed. :D

IC: Jed felt himself blush even more as he struggled to say something, to try to allevate the awkwardness of the situation. "Um..." Jed began to say something when he was interrupted.

"Yo bro! And hi Laurel." That, and joyful barks of a certain German Shepherd.

Jed turned his head just in time to see Henry run up to him, his tail wagging happily. Jed grinned as he got down on one knee as he ruffled Henry behind the ears. The dog licked his cheek, happy to see him again.

A grinning Aaron walked (or more like, waltzed) over to the couple. "So we meet again, heh." He smirked as he surveyed both Jed and Laurel. However, upon noticing the colorness of their cheeks (and feeling a sensation of awkwardness), Aaron's smirk widened further as he raised both of his eyebrows.

"So...something special happen?" He inquired, winking at Jed and Laurel.

Jed glanced at Laurel and smiled. Looking back at Aaron, he chuckled a bit. "Yes...you can say that."

OOC: Indeed. :D

IC: Jed felt himself blush even more as he struggled to say something, to try to allevate the awkwardness of the situation. "Um..." Jed began to say something when he was interrupted.

"Yo bro! And hi Laurel." That, and joyful barks of a certain German Shepherd.

Jed turned his head just in time to see Henry run up to him, his tail wagging happily. Jed grinned as he got down on one knee as he ruffled Henry behind the ears. The dog licked his cheek, happy to see him again.

A grinning Aaron walked (or more like, waltzed) over to the couple. "So we meet again, heh." He smirked as he surveyed both Jed and Laurel. However, upon noticing the colorness of their cheeks (and feeling a sensation of awkwardness), Aaron's smirk widened further as he raised both of his eyebrows.

"So...something special happen?" He inquired, winking at Jed and Laurel.

Jed glanced at Laurel and smiled. Looking back at Aaron, he chuckled a bit. "Yes...you can say that."

She sighed again, backing up what Jed had said with a nod and a smile.

"Yes." To give herself some time to think, she also knelt to pet Henry, scratching him on the back like she knew most dogs liked.

Finally, she stood up and looked Aaron square in the eye, her jaw set firmly as she remembered everything Jed had told her. "But what happened is between us. Don't you dare tease him or press him for details. If he wants to tell you, it'll be in his own time." She jabbed a finger at his chest and pushed to emphasize her point, not caring if she made him stagger a bit. "Do I make myself clear?"

She sighed again, backing up what Jed had said with a nod and a smile.

"Yes." To give herself some time to think, she also knelt to pet Henry, scratching him on the back like she knew most dogs liked.

Finally, she stood up and looked Aaron square in the eye, her jaw set firmly as she remembered everything Jed had told her. "But what happened is between us. Don't you dare tease him or press him for details. If he wants to tell you, it'll be in his own time." She jabbed a finger at his chest and pushed to emphasize her point, not caring if she made him stagger a bit. "Do I make myself clear?"

Aaron did, in fact, stagger a bit, a bit taken off-guard by the aggressiveness of this young woman. "A-all right, allright..." He chuckled, putting his hands up as if to reassure her. He glanced at Jed and raised an eyebrow. 'Hm, she's defending him...? My, he's really lucky, heh.' He mentally chuckled to himself.

Jed watched the whole thing with his eyes widened a bit and eyebrows raised, feeling truly flattened by this. Laurel was a truly great woman. Henry tilted his hand to the side as he watched the whole situation.

OOC: Oh, and by the way, Kelikark's up to something... ;)

Edited by JEDCJT

Aaron did, in fact, stagger a bit, a bit taken off-guard by the aggressiveness of this young woman. "A-all right, allright..." He chuckled, putting his hands up as if to reassure her. He glanced at Jed and raised an eyebrow. 'Hm, she's defending him...? My, he's really lucky, heh.' He mentally chuckled to himself.

Jed watched the whole thing with his eyes widened a bit and eyebrows raised, feeling truly flattened by this. Laurel was a truly great woman. Henry tilted his hand to the side as he watched the whole situation.

"Good. Glad we have an understanding."

She turned to Jed, who still had the rather surprised look on his face. She chuckled a bit at Henry's tilted head. He truly looked amusing like that.

"Now, if any of you need to find me, I live just three streets up that way," she said, pointing North along the steet, "and one block to the right. The number of the house is 719. Or, if you just need to talk, call me." She drew a pen and piece of paper out of her pocket and wrote a 7-digit number, her phone number, on it, and handed it to Jed.

Not having anything else to say, she gave Henry one last pat on the head, and began walking down the street. "Well, see ya'll later!" she called...

"Good. Glad we have an understanding."

She turned to Jed, who still had the rather surprised look on his face. She chuckled a bit at Henry's tilted head. He truly looked amusing like that.

"Now, if any of you need to find me, I live just three streets up that way," she said, pointing North along the steet, "and one block to the right. The number of the house is 719. Or, if you just need to talk, call me." She drew a pen and piece of paper out of her pocket and wrote a 7-digit number, her phone number, on it, and handed it to Jed.

Not having anything else to say, she gave Henry one last pat on the head, and began walking down the street. "Well, see ya'll later!" she called...

OOC: Oh! Sorry about that... :blush:

IC: Jed smiled as he continued to look at Laurel's retreating back. He turned to Aaron, who smirked and jerked his head at her. Henry tilted his head to the side and barked a couple of times.

The former Prime Minister smiled and nodded, feeling confidence surge through him. He ran toward Laurel. Reaching her, Jed turned her around and kissed her, right on the lips. Aaron grinned widely as he and Henry walked back into the residence...

OOC: Aren't I the hopeless romatic? :awesome:

OOC: So, shall we fast-forward to the Grand Opening of the Museum of Religion? Or, even better, they can get in the day before because of the--*ehem*--connections her brother has. ;)

OOC: Hm, sure! :D

OOC: Oh! Sorry about that... :blush:

IC: Jed smiled as he continued to look at Laurel's retreating back. He turned to Aaron, who smirked and jerked his head at her. Henry tilted his head to the side and barked a couple of times.

The former Prime Minister smiled and nodded, feeling confidence surge through him. He ran toward Laurel. Reaching her, Jed turned her around and kissed her, right on the lips. Aaron grinned widely as he and Henry walked back into the residence...

OOC: Aren't I the hopeless romatic? :awesome:

OOC: I suppose so...

IC: He caught her by surprise, but it was not an unwelcome one. She smiled, touching her lips absently, as she watched him return. However, the chill of the coming night reminded her that she needed to get home.

OOC: OK, here we go...

IC: EPISODE 3

Six days later...

Laurel, with no warning, suddenly showed up at the brothers' house. knocking on the door, she held her other hand in her pocket, where she held two very important slips of paper...

IC: EPISODE 3

Six days later...

Laurel, with no warning, suddenly showed up at the brothers' house. knocking on the door, she held her other hand in her pocket, where she held two very important slips of paper...

It was Aaron who opened the door. "Well, hello." He grinned.

OOC: A bit of a twist, so to say. :P

It was Aaron who opened the door. "Well, hello." He grinned.

OOC: A bit of a twist, so to say. :P

OOC: Indeed. And should we say that Jed took up her offer to visit her at least once during the week? you decide, and if so, you decide how many times hit was. Let's say this is a first, her coming to them, other than the time we just finished, where she brought him home.

IC: "Hi. Is Jed home?" She looked at Aaron pointedly, trying to communicate without words that she would still brook no teasing from him.