Chronicles of a deposed Leader

JEDCJT

OOC: I guess so, if ya want. :P

IC: At the sound of a knock on the door, Jed woke from his nap with a start. Henry raised his head from the floor and looked at his master with an 'curious' expression. Jed chuckled and patted the dog on the head as he got up. Stretching a bit, he walked over to the door and opened it.

His heart gave a flip as he saw who it was. It was Laurel. Jed grinned. "Hi Laurel."

She considered what to say, her mouth suddenly dry. She did manage to say, "Hello yourself." She almost began fidgeting, but was too disciplined for that. "I just wanted to let you know, we'll be arriving in port in about half an hour. When we get there, I'll be off-duty for the next week..."

She left the implications unsaid. It was up to him to take it any further...

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She considered what to say, her mouth suddenly dry. She did manage to say, "Hello yourself." She almost began fidgeting, but was too disciplined for that. "I just wanted to let you know, we'll be arriving in port in about half an hour. When we get there, I'll be off-duty for the next week..."

She left the implications unsaid. It was up to him to take it any further...

Jed raised an eyebrow as he felt his heart begin to beat faster. Could it be...? Was she...? Nah, it's best not to get any hopes up. "So...are ya asking me out?" He joked, winking. "But if ya want, we should hang out together. I'd reckon that I would have plenty of time in Promised Land..." He smiled, although he was nervous as heck in the inside (he didnt show that, though).

Jed raised an eyebrow as he felt his heart begin to beat faster. Could it be...? Was she...? Nah, it's best not to get any hopes up. "So...are ya asking me out?" He joked, winking. "But if ya want, we should hang out together. I'd reckon that I would have plenty of time in Promised Land..." He smiled, although he was nervous as heck in the inside (he didnt show that, though).

She sighed, an amused smile making its way onto her face. Was there no middle ground between men who wouldn't take a hint? It seemed to her they were either overconfident and wouldn't take no for an answer, or they were too shy or unobservant and didn't pick up on the subtle hints. "Yes, I'd love to 'hang out' with you."

'And possibly more than that...' she thought silently...

Edited by Subtleknifewielder

She sighed, an amused smile making its way onto her face. Was there no middle ground between men who wouldn't take a hint? It seemed to her they were either overconfident and wouldn't take no for an answer, or they were too shy or unobservant and didn't pick up on the subtle hints. "Yes, I'd love to 'hang out' with you."

'And possibly more than that...' she thought silently...

OOC: Remember, Jed's a shy fellow. Countless girls rejected him in high school and college. He didnt even have a date for his senior prom. It's interesting that he became leader of a nation... :awesome::ph34r:

IC: Jed grinned and nodded, feeling relieved. He'd meant to say "go out", but he changed that at the last minute because he didn't want to seem to be coming on too strongly -- like Aaron was when asking girls out.

And speaking of which...

"Yo bro! And hi Laurel." A voice called out. Jed turned to the side to see Aaron striding up to them, his hands in his pockets and smirk on his face.

OOC: Remember, Jed's a shy fellow. Countless girls rejected him in high school and college. He didnt even have a date for his senior prom. It's interesting that he became leader of a nation... :awesome::ph34r:

IC: Jed grinned and nodded, feeling relieved. He'd meant to say "go out", but he changed that at the last minute because he didn't want to seem to be coming on too strongly -- like Aaron was when asking girls out.

And speaking of which...

"Yo bro! And hi Laurel." A voice called out. Jed turned to the side to see Aaron striding up to them, his hands in his pockets and smirk on his face.

OOC: I know that, you know that, but she doesn't know that ;)

IC: Laurel nodded a greeting, hands clasped firmly behind her back and her legs spread just slightly in an unconsious "at ease" postion (OOC: A reference to marching and drilling there/OOC). Aaron was fine in his own way, but she could already tell there wasn't much they could really discuss. Besides, he'd probably just try to flirt with her anyway, and she'd have none of that from him...

OOC: I know that, you know that, but she doesn't know that ;)

IC: Laurel nodded a greeting, hands clasped firmly behind her back and her legs spread just slightly in an unconsious "at ease" postion (OOC: A reference to marching and drilling there/OOC). Aaron was fine in his own way, but she could already tell there wasn't much they could really discuss. Besides, he'd probably just try to flirt with her anyway, and she'd have none of that from him...

OOC: Hehe... :D

IC: Aaron smirked as he checked Laurel out. "Beautiful, as usual." He remarked, smoothly. Jed rolled his eyes. He linked eyes with Laurel and mouthed "See what I mean?".

Turning to Jed, Aaron slapped his brother on the back. "So, what's up, bro? You ask her out yet?" He said the last part in a whisper. Jed subtly rolled his eyes as he chuckled. "Yes, I did." He whispered back.

Grinning, Aaron slapped his brother on the back. "Great! I'll leave ya two lovebirds alone for a moment..." He whispered. Clearing this throat, Aaron continued, "Well, I'm gonna go somewhere. Y'know, explore the ship and whatnots. Come on, Henry." He smiled as he patted Henry's head. The German Shepherd dog barked softly as he got up from the floor.

Before turning to go, Aaron turned to the couple. "Have fun...lovebirds." He smirked as he turned around and walked away, Henry walking alongside him.

Edited by JEDCJT

OOC: Hehe... :D

IC: Aaron smirked as he checked Laurel out. "Beautiful, as usual." He remarked, smoothly. Jed rolled his eyes. He linked eyes with Laurel and mouthed "See what I mean?".

Turning to Jed, Aaron slapped his brother on the back. "So, what's up, bro? You ask her out yet?" He said the last part in a whisper. Jed subtly rolled his eyes as he chuckled. "Yes, I did." He whispered back.

Grinning, Aaron slapped his brother on the back. "Great! I'll leave ya two lovebirds alone for a moment..." He whispered. Clearing this throat, Aaron continued, "Well, I'm gonna go somewhere. Y'know, explore the ship and whatnots. Come on, Henry." He smiled as he patted Henry's head. The German Shepherd dog barked softly as he got up from the floor.

Before turning to go, Aaron turned to the couple. "Have fun...lovebirds." He smirked as he turned around and walked away, Henry walking alongside him.

She nodded slightly when Jed mouthed those words to here.

And she stared, not at all abashed, as they whispered to each other like two toddlers. This time she heard their secret conversation, but pretended she had not.

When Aaron finally left, she cleared her throat. "Is his teasing the reason you're so shy?" she asked, perhaps a little bluntly, but too curious to say anything else.

She nodded slightly when Jed mouthed those words to here.

And she stared, not at all abashed, as they whispered to each other like two toddlers. This time she heard their secret conversation, but pretended she had not.

When Aaron finally left, she cleared her throat. "Is his teasing the reason you're so shy?" she asked, perhaps a little bluntly, but too curious to say anything else.

Jed chuckled and shrugged. "You could say that -- but that's what brothers are for. He means no harm, though."

Jed chuckled and shrugged. "You could say that -- but that's what brothers are for. He means no harm, though."

"Even the best of intentions sometimes do not work out as planned." She shooke her head, clearing it. "But enough of that philosophy. I'll see you in port, once your ID's are delivered. I presume you're not going to go by your real surname, at the very least."

"Even the best of intentions sometimes do not work out as planned." She shooke her head, clearing it. "But enough of that philosophy. I'll see you in port, once your ID's are delivered. I presume you're not going to go by your real surname, at the very least."

"Ah, don't worry. I wouldn't dream of it, my dear." Jed smiled, adding the last part in a teasing part. He picked Laurel's hand and kissed it. "I'll see you later in port."

"Ah, don't worry. I wouldn't dream of it, my dear." Jed smiled, adding the last part in a teasing part. He picked Laurel's hand and kissed it. "I'll see you later in port."

She couldn't help it, she let out a small giggle. "OK. See ya later. When you've gotten your ID, ask the Captain. He knows where I live..."

OOC: OK, you can RP them coming into port. Remember, this is still before the point where I was attacked, probably about two weeks before.

She couldn't help it, she let out a small giggle. "OK. See ya later. When you've gotten your ID, ask the Captain. He knows where I live..."

OOC: OK, you can RP them coming into port. Remember, this is still before the point where I was attacked, probably about two weeks before.

OOC: Got it. ;)

IC: "Alright, see you later." Jed smiled as he bade her goodbye and closed the door. He crossed over to his bed and plopped down on the bed, still thinking about her. 'Man...she's beautiful.' Jed thought to himself. 'I'd love to get to know her better...' With that, he dozed off to sleep.

An unknown number of hours passed before Jed found himself being jolted awake. Waking with a start, he found himself face-to-face with a grinning Aaron. Henry barked softly as he licked Jed's face.

"Good morning, Sleeping Princess." Aaron joked. Jed rolled his eyes as he swung his legs over the bed and onto the floor. Standing up, the former Prime Minister stretched a bit as he then patted Henry on the head. Looking through the porthole, Jed could see that they'd arrived at Promised Land (OOC: What city has the brothers arrived in?).

"We arrived a while ago. They're unloading cargos and whatnots. We should be getting off in a moment." Aaron explained to Jed, smiling. His smile then turned into a smirk. "So, you kiss your girlfriend bye yet?"

Jed chuckled and rolled his eyes. "No, I didnt. But at least, I have a girlfriend and you don't." He joked, inciting a playful "Hey!" from Aaron. The brothers got ready and got their bags and whatnots. Ali Babacan and the others, who had been somewhere, soon appeared. "Well, here we are." Ali grinned as he clutched his bags. "Our new home."

"Quit being so sentimental." Aaron joked as everyone chuckled.

"Ah, but we'll have to lay low for a while. We don't want to be mobbed, do we?" Jed grinned as he followed Aaron and the others through the hallway. After several turns, the group had neared the exit, where they all got their respective IDs. ("I don't look like that!", Aaron's response) Noticing the Captain nearby, Jed excused himself and walked over to him.

The former Prime Minister cleared his throat as he stopped in front of the Captain. "Hello, sir. We meet again. So, I've got a question." He suddenly found himself coloring a bit. "Do you, um, know where Laurel Asire lives?"

Edited by JEDCJT

OOC: In answer to your question, they docked at Melbourne. This is actually not completely owned by Promised Land. It's a joint Promised Land/New Cymru City governed by a council composed equally of citizens from each nation.

OOC: Got it. ;)

IC: "Alright, see you later." Jed smiled as he bade her goodbye and closed the door. He crossed over to his bed and plopped down on the bed, still thinking about her. 'Man...she's beautiful.' Jed thought to himself. 'I'd love to get to know her better...' With that, he dozed off to sleep.

An unknown number of hours passed before Jed found himself being jolted awake. Waking with a start, he found himself face-to-face with a grinning Aaron. Henry barked softly as he licked Jed's face.

"Good morning, Sleeping Princess." Aaron joked. Jed rolled his eyes as he swung his legs over the bed and onto the floor. Standing up, the former Prime Minister stretched a bit as he then patted Henry on the head. Looking through the porthole, Jed could see that they'd arrived at Promised Land (OOC: What city has the brothers arrived in?).

"We arrived a while ago. They're unloading cargos and whatnots. We should be getting off in a moment." Aaron explained to Jed, smiling. His smile then turned into a smirk. "So, you kiss your girlfriend bye yet?"

Jed chuckled and rolled his eyes. "No, I didnt. But at least, I have a girlfriend and you don't." He joked, inciting a playful "Hey!" from Aaron. The brothers got ready and got their bags and whatnots. Ali Babacan and the others, who had been somewhere, soon appeared. "Well, here we are." Ali grinned as he clutched his bags. "Our new home."

"Quit being so sentimental." Aaron joked as everyone chuckled.

"Ah, but we'll have to lay low for a while. We don't want to be mobbed, do we?" Jed grinned as he followed Aaron and the others through the hallway. After several turns, the group had neared the exit, where they all got their respective IDs. ("I don't look like that!", Aaron's response) Noticing the Captain nearby, Jed excused himself and walked over to him.

The former Prime Minister cleared his throat as he stopped in front of the Captain. "Hello, sir. We meet again. So, I've got a question." He suddenly found himself coloring a bit. "Do you, um, know where Laurel Asire lives?"

Aaron was assured by the man that handed him the ID that a better one would be prepared for him within the day. They hadn't exactly had a lot of advance time to prepare them, and for some reason, no good photo was available. Jed's ID was, of course, fine, but Aaron wouldn't know that unless he got a good look at it. Ali Babican and any of the other more prominent leaders would probably be fine with their ID's as well.

------------------------

The Captain turned around as he heard Jed clear his throat. He politely ignored the slight coloring and instead simply snagged a passing aide who could bring him paper and a writing utensil. "Here, I'll write it down for you. No doubt the addresses here are ordered differently than you're used to."

When the aide came back with his request, he wrote the address on the paper, ripped it off the pad, and handed it to Jed, neatly folded with the address on the outside.

"Show this to a cab driver, and he or she will take you there." He'd been fully briefed on his passenger's new circumstances, so continued on. "From what I understand, your new address is actually not that far from hers, so she should be able to help you from there when it's time for you to leave. The others will be taken by government drivers to their new residences. For the moment, your brother has been placed with you. If he should desire a seperate residence, he can, of course, ask to be moved."

OOC: You know, the way you worded this thread's title and dexcription, it could potentially go on indefinitely, as one episode after another. I dunno why I didn't see that.

OOC: In answer to your question, they docked at Melbourne. This is actually not completely owned by Promised Land. It's a joint Promised Land/New Cymru City governed by a council composed equally of citizens from each nation.

Aaron was assured by the man that handed him the ID that a better one would be prepared for him within the day. They hadn't exactly had a lot of advance time to prepare them, and for some reason, no good photo was available. Jed's ID was, of course, fine, but Aaron wouldn't know that unless he got a good look at it. Ali Babican and any of the other more prominent leaders would probably be fine with their ID's as well.

------------------------

The Captain turned around as he heard Jed clear his throat. He politely ignored the slight coloring and instead simply snagged a passing aide who could bring him paper and a writing utensil. "Here, I'll write it down for you. No doubt the addresses here are ordered differently than you're used to."

When the aide came back with his request, he wrote the address on the paper, ripped it off the pad, and handed it to Jed, neatly folded with the address on the outside.

"Show this to a cab driver, and he or she will take you there." He'd been fully briefed on his passenger's new circumstances, so continued on. "From what I understand, your new address is actually not that far from hers, so she should be able to help you from there when it's time for you to leave. The others will be taken by government drivers to their new residences. For the moment, your brother has been placed with you. If he should desire a seperate residence, he can, of course, ask to be moved."

OOC: You know, the way you worded this thread's title and dexcription, it could potentially go on indefinitely, as one episode after another. I dunno why I didn't see that.

OOC: Wow...now that you mention that, yes it seems so. Makes for quite an adventure, eh? :awesome:

IC: Jed smiled and nodded as he received the note. "Alright, I'll keep that in mind. Thank you, and have a good day, sir. May our paths cross someday."

With that, the former Prime Minister walked over to the group. Reaching Aaron, Jed slapped him on the back. "Well, seems that we're in this together, heh."

Aaron raised an eyebrow, until he saw the folded note. Snatching it out of his brother's hand, Aaron unfolded it. A long "Awwwwww!" ensued. "You missed her so much that you had to get her address -- which is where we're heading, right?" He smirked knowingly.

Jed, blushing a bit, snatched the note back. "Shut up, dude." Holstering the bags, Jed hugged Ali and the others goodbye ("We'll hang out at the bars!" Ali had said as he left), and walked through the exit. The warm air and bright sun of Melbourne greeted the brothers as they stepped outside. They had to squint their eyes against the sun. As they would notice, the port was quite teeming with activity (in other words, crowded).

Somehow, among the crowd, Jed could recognize the form of Laurel Asire. Grinning, and ignoring Aaron's rolleyes and smirk, Jed made his way through the crowds to her. "Hi. So we meet again." Jed joked when he reached her.

OOC: Indeed it does.

OOC: Wow...now that you mention that, yes it seems so. Makes for quite an adventure, eh? :awesome:

IC: Jed smiled and nodded as he received the note. "Alright, I'll keep that in mind. Thank you, and have a good day, sir. May our paths cross someday."

With that, the former Prime Minister walked over to the group. Reaching Aaron, Jed slapped him on the back. "Well, seems that we're in this together, heh."

Aaron raised an eyebrow, until he saw the folded note. Snatching it out of his brother's hand, Aaron unfolded it. A long "Awwwwww!" ensued. "You missed her so much that you had to get her address -- which is where we're heading, right?" He smirked knowingly.

Jed, blushing a bit, snatched the note back. "Shut up, dude." Holstering the bags, Jed hugged Ali and the others goodbye ("We'll hang out at the bars!" Ali had said as he left), and walked through the exit. The warm air and bright sun of Melbourne greeted the brothers as they stepped outside. They had to squint their eyes against the sun. As they would notice, the port was quite teeming with activity (in other words, crowded).

Somehow, among the crowd, Jed could recognize the form of Laurel Asire. Grinning, and ignoring Aaron's rolleyes and smirk, Jed made his way through the crowds to her. "Hi. So we meet again." Jed joked when he reached her.

IC: Indeed, the port was crowded and active. As the mutual experiment of two nations who considered themselves siblings, it was a unique international city. One could find people from all over the globe here. Though of course, Laurel was looking for only one person in particular.

She had decided not to wait for them to come to her. Besides, since her car was in the shop at the moment, she'd need to use a taxi too. It was simply more practical to wait for them. That was all, she tried to convice therself. She was only doing it because it was the practical thing. 'Yeah, right,' she admitted in a moment of honesty to herself. 'Why don't you just admit it? You like him.' It was only by chance she saw him as he was wending his way through the crowds toward her.

"Hi again," she said in response to his greeting, smiling broadly at his joke. "I would have already left, but wouldn't you know it, I forgot my car is being repaired right now. I'll need a taxi, and figured I'd wait for you so we could all ride together and save a little money." She winked at that last part, showing she was only half-joking.

OOC: Indeed it does.

IC: Indeed, the port was crowded and active. As the mutual experiment of two nations who considered themselves siblings, it was a unique international city. One could find people from all over the globe here. Though of course, Laurel was looking for only one person in particular.

She had decided not to wait for them to come to her. Besides, since her car was in the shop at the moment, she'd need to use a taxi too. It was simply more practical to wait for them. That was all, she tried to convice therself. She was only doing it because it was the practical thing. 'Yeah, right,' she admitted in a moment of honesty to herself. 'Why don't you just admit it? You like him.' It was only by chance she saw him as he was wending his way through the crowds toward her.

"Hi again," she said in response to his greeting, smiling broadly at his joke. "I would have already left, but wouldn't you know it, I forgot my car is being repaired right now. I'll need a taxi, and figured I'd wait for you so we could all ride together and save a little money." She winked at that last part, showing she was only half-joking.

Jed grinned. "Ah, that's fate." He joked, winking. "The Captain said that my residence is close to where you live, and that you would help me with that once we've arrived there. It seems that Aaron and I will be residing together." He paused for a moment. "So, with that, shall we go, ma'am?" He said with a light teasing tone, holding out his arm.

(OOC: You can RP them meeting up with Aaron, getting into the cab, and whatnots. ;))

Jed grinned. "Ah, that's fate." He joked, winking. "The Captain said that my residence is close to where you live, and that you would help me with that once we've arrived there. It seems that Aaron and I will be residing together." He paused for a moment. "So, with that, shall we go, ma'am?" He said with a light teasing tone, holding out his arm.

(OOC: You can RP them meeting up with Aaron, getting into the cab, and whatnots. ;) )

OOC: OK.

IC: She accepted his offer of an arm, linking hers to his, and lead him to the curb of the nearest street.

"Taxi!" she called, waving down the nearest such vehicle. It slowed and stopped right next to them, allowing Jed to open the door for him. "My, how chivalrous of you," she teased. "Thank you." She kissed him on the cheek before getting in, asking the driver to wait until he got in as well...

Meanwhile, Aaron would be tapped on the shoulder by an unpreposessing man in everyday workclothes. However, he carefully flashed his government badge so that only Aaron would see.

"Sir, if you wish, I can take you directly to your place of residence, so you can get settled."

OOC: OK.

IC: She accepted his offer of an arm, linking hers to his, and lead him to the curb of the nearest street.

"Taxi!" she called, waving down the nearest such vehicle. It slowed and stopped right next to them, allowing Jed to open the door for him. "My, how chivalrous of you," she teased. "Thank you." She kissed him on the cheek before getting in, asking the driver to wait until he got in as well...

Meanwhile, Aaron would be tapped on the shoulder by an unpreposessing man in everyday workclothes. However, he carefully flashed his government badge so that only Aaron would see.

"Sir, if you wish, I can take you directly to your place of residence, so you can get settled."

Jed blushed as she kissed him on the cheek. Her lips were so soft...he wondered what it would be like to kiss her.

Snapping out of his 'reverie' after only a few seconds, Jed smiled as he got in and sat next to her. "You're welcome, Laurel."

Meanwhile, Aaron grinned and nodded. "Sure, as soon as by bro--" He trailed as he looked around. He couldn't find Jed anywhere in the crowds. The former Emperor chuckled and shook his head. "Smooth, bro. Leaving me for a woman...good job!" He chuckled to himself under his breath.

Clearing his throat, Aaron smiled. "Okay, sir. Lead the way." He grinned as he holstered his bags and followed the man. 'Man, I'm so proud of ya, bro.' Aaron thought to himself.

(OOC: So I presume Jed and Aaron are going to the same place, seperately. If it's not right, I can edit the post... :unsure:)

Edited by JEDCJT

Jed blushed as she kissed him on the cheek. Her lips were so soft...he wondered what it would be like to kiss her.

Snapping out of his 'reverie' after only a few seconds, Jed smiled as he got in and sat next to her. "You're welcome, Laurel."

Meanwhile, Aaron grinned and nodded. "Sure, as soon as by bro--" He trailed as he looked around. He couldn't find Jed anywhere in the crowds. The former Emperor chuckled and shook his head. "Smooth, bro. Leaving me for a woman...good job!" He chuckled to himself under his breath.

Clearing his throat, Aaron smiled. "Okay, sir. Lead the way." He grinned as he holstered his bags and followed the man. 'Man, I'm so proud of ya, bro.' Aaron thought to himself.

(OOC: So I presume Jed and Aaron are going to the same place, seperately. If it's not right, I can edit the post... :unsure: )

OOC: They will, unless Jed wants to spend a little time with her first ;) . Anyways, the point is, once he leaves her, yes, they'll be at the same place...oh, and I figured you wouldn't mind me RP'ing him opening the door for her, since it seems like something he would do, and you told me to RP them getting into the cab...I see you don't mind after all, since you went with that. :D

IC: Laurel smiled, asking Jed if he wanted to see his home first, or if he wanted to see some of the sights first.

By the time Aaron had looked for his brother, the Cab was already taking off for destinations unknown (at least unknown to him). The driver lead him to, not a limosine, as that would be too obvious, but rather a nice little '85 Chevy Cavalier coupe.

The driver opened the passenger side door for him, then walked around the car and got into the driver's seat...

OOC: I dunno a lot about cars, but a Cavalier happens to be what my dad's got...that little model has one of the best safety records around for cars that size.

For reference, this is what it looks like...

c2

Oh, and if he had a lot of luggage, the driver opened the trunk for him too... ;)

OOC: They will, unless Jed wants to spend a little time with her first ;) . Anyways, the point is, once he leaves her, yes, they'll be at the same place...oh, and I figured you wouldn't mind me RP'ing him opening the door for her, since it seems like something he would do, and you told me to RP them getting into the cab...I see you don't mind after all, since you went with that. :D

IC: Laurel smiled, asking Jed if he wanted to see his home first, or if he wanted to see some of the sights first.

By the time Aaron had looked for his brother, the Cab was already taking off for destinations unknown (at least unknown to him). The driver lead him to, not a limosine, as that would be too obvious, but rather a nice little '85 Chevy Cavalier coupe.

The driver opened the passenger side door for him, then walked around the car and got into the driver's seat...

OOC: Hehe, I'm sure Jed will want to spend some more time with her... ;)

Also, thanks. :D

IC: Jed smiled as he closed the door closed and fastened his seatbelt. "Hm, I would like to see the sights first." Jed smiled. 'Anything to spend more time with you...' He thought.

Aaron raised an eyebrow as he surveyed the rather...outdated car. 'Gee...this sure is a nice car.' The former Emperor thought to himself sarcastically, smirking slightly. Aaron put the bags into the trunk and closed it. He then got into the car and closed the door, fastening the seatbelts.

Edited by JEDCJT

OOC: Hehe, I'm sure Jed will want to spend some more time with her... ;)

Also, thanks. :D

IC: Jed smiled as he closed the door closed and fastened his seatbelt. "Hm, I would like to see the sights first." Jed smiled. 'Anything to spend more time with you...' He thought.

Aaron raised an eyebrow as he surveyed the rather...outdated car. 'Gee...this sure is a nice car.' The former Emperor thought to himself sarcastically, smirking slightly. Aaron put the bags into the trunk and closed it. He then got into the car and closed the door, fastening the seatbelts.

"Very well. However, you probably need to eat before we do anything else. You never ate anything on the ship, and by now you must be famished. Got any particular kind of food in mind, or do you mind if I pick?"

OOC: The only sight I can really think of is the Museum of Religion, which at this point in time would be having the last-minute touches added. Hence the delaying tactic here... ;)

--------------------------

IC: As Aaron got in, the driver seemingly sensed his contempt for the vehicle. "In case you're wondering why this car, sir, it's actually got an excellent safety record. Better than a limosine, actually. And far less conspicuous." As soon as Aaron finished fastening his seat belt (the driver had already taken care of his own), he dorve out into the road and merged with traffic...

"Very well. However, you probably need to eat before we do anything else. You never ate anything on the ship, and by now you must be famished. Got any particular kind of food in mind, or do you mind if I pick?"

OOC: The only sight I can really think of is the Museum of Religion, which at this point in time would be having the last-minute touches added. Hence the delaying tactic here... ;)

--------------------------

IC: As Aaron got in, the driver seemingly sensed his contempt for the vehicle. "In case you're wondering why this car, sir, it's actually got an excellent safety record. Better than a limosine, actually. And far less conspicuous." As soon as Aaron finished fastening his seat belt (the driver had already taken care of his own), he dorve out into the road and merged with traffic...

OOC: Ah, that's allright... :wub:

IC: Jed was about to say something, that he was really fine, when his stomach rumbled. Coloring a bit, Jed smiled sheepishly. "Ya, you're right. I'm famished. Hm, let me think...how about Chinese food?" He suggested, grinning.

---

Aaron raised an eyebrow as the driver briefed him about the car. "So, I see. The more safe, the more better. I hear the general public isn't too thrilled about me and my brother..." He chuckled.

OOC: Ah, that's allright... :wub:

IC: Jed was about to say something, that he was really fine, when his stomach rumbled. Coloring a bit, Jed smiled sheepishly. "Ya, you're right. I'm famished. Hm, let me think...how about Chinese food?" He suggested, grinning.

---

Aaron raised an eyebrow as the driver briefed him about the car. "So, I see. The more safe, the more better. I hear the general public isn't too thrilled about me and my brother..." He chuckled.

"Chinese it is!" she said brightly, ignoring the rumbling. Then she remembered... "Uh..." Not knowing where the any Chinese restaurants were, she simply instructed the driver to take them to the nearest one.

OOC: And that's probably where we better skip forward for them. At least by an hour. It might get a little boring chronicling how much they eat... ;) Maybe skip to the end of the meal...I give you leave to do that. As long as you don;t make her blush very badly. She is a rather self-confident woman...

------------------------------------

IC: "Yep." The driver shrugged. "Though give 'em a few weeks, or somethin' else to think about, and they'll forget all about how they hate you. Public opinion is funny like that."

About a minute after he merged with traffic, they had to stop for a traffic light.

OOC: You can continue here or skip forward to whenever you like...

"Chinese it is!" she said brightly, ignoring the rumbling. Then she remembered... "Uh..." Not knowing where the any Chinese restaurants were, she simply instructed the driver to take them to the nearest one.

OOC: And that's probably where we better skip forward for them. At least by an hour. It might get a little boring chronicling how much they eat... ;) Maybe skip to the end of the meal...I give you leave to do that. As long as you don;t make her blush very badly. She is a rather self-confident woman...

------------------------------------

IC: "Yep." The driver shrugged. "Though give 'em a few weeks, or somethin' else to think about, and they'll forget all about how they hate you. Public opinion is funny like that."

About a minute after he merged with traffic, they had to stop for a traffic light.

OOC: You can continue here or skip forward to whenever you like...

OOC: Okay, I'll have them make out. :awesome::ph34r:

IC: With that, Jed would tell the driver to take them to the nearest Chinese resturant. The driver, an aged man in the mid-forties, chuckled as he muttered something that sounded like 'young love' under his breath. (OOC: Do I RP the driver, as well? If not, disregard that sentence.)

For much the car ride, Jed and Laurel would chat (or more like flirt) as she giggled at his comments and jokes and the like. Jed had never felt so comfortable chatting with a beautiful young woman sitting besides him. Had he finally found his true love...?

Finally, they arrived at the destination, and the driver got out of the car. Opening the door, the cab driver grinned as Laurel and Jed got out of the car. As the 'lovebirds' walked into the resturant, the cab driver chuckled and shook his head. "Young love, indeed!"

Upon entering the resturant, Jed and Laurel were almost immediately designated a table (perhaps they recognized Jed and respected him?). They ordered their food and drinks, and chattered while they waited for the food to arrive. When the food finally arrived ("Here's to the world!" Jed had toasted, inciting a giggle from Laurel). They had such a great time, they talked about everything (well, not everything exactly of course. But you get what I mean). It was one of the greatest days in their lives, one that they will never forget.

---

OOC: I guess I'll continue. ^_^

IC: Aaron chuckled. "Indeed. It's an interesting trend, so to say, heh."