Chronicles of a deposed Leader

JEDCJT

OOC: Indeed. And should we say that Jed took up her offer to visit her at least once during the week? you decide, and if so, you decide how many times hit was. Let's say this is a first, her coming to them, other than the time we just finished, where she brought him home.

IC: "Hi. Is Jed home?" She looked at Aaron pointedly, trying to communicate without words that she would still brook no teasing from him.

OOC: Hm, how about two or three times during the week? :P

And yea, this is a first.

IC: Aaron smirked. Turning his head into the house, Aaron opened his mouth. "Hey bro! Laurel's here!" He yelled into the house. Turning to Laurel, Aaron smiled. "I'll leave ya two alone, so talk to ya later." With that, he disappeared back into the house. A faint "Go for it, bro!" could be heard off in the distance.

Moments later, Jed appeared at the door, Henry at his side. He grinned. "Hi Laurel. What brings you here?" He inquired, feeling happy and joyful. That's how he felt when he saw Laurel. Henry barked joyfully a couple of times, his tail wagging.

Edited by JEDCJT

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OOC: Hm, how about two or three times during the week? :P

And yea, this is a first.

IC: Aaron smirked. Turning his head into the house, Aaron opened his mouth. "Hey bro! Laurel's here!" He yelled into the house. Turning to Laurel, Aaron smiled. "I'll leave ya two alone, so talk to ya later." With that, he disappeared back into the house. A faint "Go for it, bro!" could be heard off in the distance.

Moments later, Jed appeared at the door, Henry at his side. He grinned. "Hi Laurel. What brings you here?" He inquired, feeling happy and joyful. That's how he felt when he saw Laurel. Henry barked joyfully a couple of times, his tail wagging.

She grinned, and rocked back-and-forth on the balls of her feet, like a child with a secret and bursting to tell it to someone--which was half-right, anyway.

"I'm sure you've heard of the Museum of Religion being built just to the West of the city limits...?"

After waiting to see his answer, whether to affirm or deny such knowledge, she continued. "Well, anyway, its Grand Opening is tomorrow. However, they are letting select people in today, just to see what it's like."

As she finished that sentence, she withdrew the passes from her pocket, diplaying them proudly. "My brother got me two passes. Would you care to come with me?"

She grinned, and rocked back-and-forth on the balls of her feet, like a child with a secret and bursting to tell it to someone--which was half-right, anyway.

"I'm sure you've heard of the Museum of Religion being built just to the West of the city limits...?"

After waiting to see his answer, whether to affirm or deny such knowledge, she continued. "Well, anyway, its Grand Opening is tomorrow. However, they are letting select people in today, just to see what it's like."

As she finished that sentence, she withdrew the passes from her pocket, diplaying them proudly. "My brother got me two passes. Would you care to come with me?"

Jed's grin widened slightly as he raised an eyebrow in curiosity. "Ah, yes. I've heard about the Museum of Religion..."

When Laurel told him about the Grand Opening and showed the passes, Jed's heart began to beat a bit faster. "Yes, sure! I would love to go with you." Jed grinned. 'Especially with a beautiful woman like you.' He thought. Henry barked several times, happily.

Edited by JEDCJT

Jed's grin widened slightly as he raised an eyebrow in curiosity. "Ah, yes. I've heard about the Museum of Religion..."

When Laurel told him about the Grand Opening and showed the passes, Jed's heart began to beat a bit faster. "Yes, sure! I would love to go with you." Jed grinned. 'Especially with a beautiful woman like you.' He thought. Henry barked several times, happily.

"Excellent! i'd hate for these to go to waste..." She glanced down at the dog when he barked.

"Oh, and since they aren't officially open yet...you can bring Henry, if you want. it'll be his only chance, as they won't allow animals inside after tomorrow." She winked at the dog. "I'm sure you'd like that, wouldn't you, Henry? Maybe you'll meet a nice girl of your own, there..."

OOC: Just for the record, Jed's ID indicates that he's fully licenced to breed and train German Shepherds. Thought you ought to know. You can make Aaron's job what you like (as long as it doesn't involve politics ;))

"Excellent! i'd hate for these to go to waste..." She glanced down at the dog when he barked.

"Oh, and since they aren't officially open yet...you can bring Henry, if you want. it'll be his only chance, as they won't allow animals inside after tomorrow." She winked at the dog. "I'm sure you'd like that, wouldn't you, Henry? Maybe you'll meet a nice girl of your own, there..."

OOC: Just for the record, Jed's ID indicates that he's fully licenced to breed and train German Shepherds. Thought you ought to know. You can make Aaron's job what you like (as long as it doesn't involve politics ;))

OOC: Alright, got it. ;)

IC: Henry tilted his head to the side and barked several times as if in agreement. Jed chuckled. "Seems that he agrees." He winked at Laurel. "I have a feeling that it's going to be a great day." Jed said, smiling.

OOC: Alright, got it. ;)

IC: Henry tilted his head to the side and barked several times as if in agreement. Jed chuckled. "Seems that he agrees." He winked at Laurel. "I have a feeling that it's going to be a great day." Jed said, smiling.

She nodded agreeably, inviting him to follow her to her car...

Ford_Taunus_GTS.jpg

Ford Cortina Mark V (OOC: I looked this one up...)

"It finally got out of the shop," she commented with a wry smile. "It may not be much, but it gets me where I'm going when I'm home."

She nodded agreeably, inviting him to follow her to her car...

Ford_Taunus_GTS.jpg

Ford Cortina Mark V (OOC: I looked this one up...)

"It finally got out of the shop," she commented with a wry smile. "It may not be much, but it gets me where I'm going when I'm home."

Jed grinned. Turning back into the house, Jed cleared his throat. "Aaron! I'm going out, and Henry's coming with me. See ya later!"

"Okay! See ya later, bro!" Aaron's voice came from inside the house. It sounded like he was watching television.

The former Prime Minister chuckled as he closed and locked the front door. Turning around, he ruffed Henry on the head several times before following Laurel to her car.

"Ah, that car looks nice." Jed smiled. He couldn't help but let his eyes wander over Laurel a bit. Realizing of what he was doing, Jed subtly averted his eyes away, to the car.

OOC: :awesome:

Edited by JEDCJT

Jed grinned. Turning back into the house, Jed cleared his throat. "Aaron! I'm going out, and Henry's coming with me. See ya later!"

"Okay! See ya later, bro!" Aaron's voice came from inside the house. It sounded like he was watching television.

The former Prime Minister chuckled as he closed and locked the front door. Turning around, he ruffed Henry on the head several times before following Laurel to her car.

"Ah, that car looks nice." Jed smiled. He couldn't help but let his eyes wander over Laurel a bit. Realizing of what he was doing, Jed subtly averted his eyes away, to the car.

OOC: :awesome:

"Thanks," she said, and not just about his complimenting her on the car. She'd notice the admiring glance out of the corner of her eye, and a subtle grin expressed itself on her features.

"Now, if you're done admiring the view," she teased, "maybe we can actually get in the car? The door's unlocked." She turned around and winked, to show that it was, indeed, only teasing. However, she was being serious about the doors being unlocked.

Edited by Subtleknifewielder

"Thanks," she said, and not just about his complimenting her on the car. She'd notice the admiring glance out of the corner of her eye, and a subtle grin expressed itself on her features.

"Now, if you're done admiring the view," she teased, "maybe we can actually get in the car? The door's unlocked." She turned around and winked, to show that it was, indeed, only teasing. However, she was being serious about the doors being unlocked.

Jed chuckled. "Oh, I didn't know that." He joked, winking back. He walked toward the car, and being the gentleman that he always was, opened the driver's door open for Laurel to get in. "Hope you don't mind." Jed grinned.

Jed chuckled. "Oh, I didn't know that." He joked, winking back. He walked toward the car, and being the gentleman that he always was, opened the driver's door open for Laurel to get in. "Hope you don't mind." Jed grinned.

"Not at all, not at all..." she said. "Thank you." She kissed him on the cheek before getting in. She fastened her seat belt forst, then shut the door and put the key in the ignition, waiting to start it until jed and Henry were both in...

"Not at all, not at all..." she said. "Thank you." She kissed him on the cheek before getting in. She fastened her seat belt forst, then shut the door and put the key in the ignition, waiting to start it until jed and Henry were both in...

Jed smiled and blushed a bit. "You're welcome, Miss Asire." He walked around to the passenger side of the car and opened the back door for Henry to get in. The German Shepherd, with a soft bark, jumped into the backseat.

Shutting the door, Jed opened the front door and got in. Fastening the seat belt, he turned to Laurel and smiled.

Jed smiled and blushed a bit. "You're welcome, Miss Asire." He walked around to the passenger side of the car and opened the back door for Henry to get in. The German Shepherd, with a soft bark, jumped into the backseat.

Shutting the door, Jed opened the front door and got in. Fastening the seat belt, he turned to Laurel and smiled.

Smiling right back, she started the car, shifting out of park and into first gear. they were on their way.

It would take about half-an-hour to get to the Museum.

Smiling right back, she started the car, shifting out of park and into first gear. they were on their way.

It would take about half-an-hour to get to the Museum.

During the car ride, Jed would chat (or more like flirt) with Laurel. Henry was watching out the window, fascinated by the city's beauty.

(OOC: You can skip ahead, if ya want. ;))

During the car ride, Jed would chat (or more like flirt) with Laurel. Henry was watching out the window, fascinated by the city's beauty.

(OOC: You can skip ahead, if ya want. ;) )

OOC: OK

IC: It was a little hard to flirt while driving down the road, but somehow she managed to do both that and get them there safely.

As they pulled into the parking lot, they would notice that there were not many cars there, but several construction vehicles were just packing up and leaving.

Since there were many spots available, she picked a spot fairly close to the entrance.

"So, what do you think?"

wsu.jpg

OOC: Pretend that's just a side view, that there are more buildings in the background, and the path to the entrance is just out of sight to the right of the photo.

OOC: OK

IC: It was a little hard to flirt while driving down the road, but somehow she managed to do both that and get them there safely.

As they pulled into the parking lot, they would notice that there were not many cars there, but several construction vehicles were just packing up and leaving.

Since there were many spots available, she picked a spot fairly close to the entrance.

"So, what do you think?"

wsu.jpg

OOC: Pretend that's just a side view, that there are more buildings in the background, and the path to the entrance is just out of sight to the right of the photo.

OOC: Oh! I forgot about this. :o

IC: Jed smiled as he surveyed the view. It was beautiful, so to say. Turning to Laurel, Jed smiled. "It's looks beautiful...but not as beautiful as you." He didn't know where this boost of confidence came from, but he hoped it didn't sound cheesy or anything like that.

OOC: Oh! I forgot about this. :o

IC: Jed smiled as he surveyed the view. It was beautiful, so to say. Turning to Laurel, Jed smiled. "It's looks beautiful...but not as beautiful as you." He didn't know where this boost of confidence came from, but he hoped it didn't sound cheesy or anything like that.

She blushed mildly. "Thank you," she said, her smile so broad she knew her cheeks would be sore after the day was through.

"Shall we?" she said, gesturing to the path...

She blushed mildly. "Thank you," she said, her smile so broad she knew her cheeks would be sore after the day was through.

"Shall we?" she said, gesturing to the path...

"You're welcome, Miss Asire." Jed grinned as he put his arm around Laurel's shoulders. "Shall we, ma'am?" He joked, winking.

(OOC: I'll assume that they got out of the car... :P)

"You're welcome, Miss Asire." Jed grinned as he put his arm around Laurel's shoulders. "Shall we, ma'am?" He joked, winking.

(OOC: I'll assume that they got out of the car... :P )

OOC: A pretty safe assumption... :P

IC: "I believe I just said that, she said, giggling. Her shipmates would be absolutely floored by her behavior, as they all knew her as a serious, dedicated person.

She rather enjoyed the feel of his arm around her shoulders as they moved down the path toward the entrance...

OOC: A pretty safe assumption... :P

IC: "I believe I just said that, she said, giggling. Her shipmates would be absolutely floored by her behavior, as they all knew her as a serious, dedicated person.

She rather enjoyed the feel of his arm around her shoulders as they moved down the path toward the entrance...

Jed smiled as he continued walking down the path toward the entrance with Laurel, glancing down at her. Henry barked softly as he walked alongside them. They were nearing the entrance...

OOC: I forgot about Henry...again. >__> <__< >__>

Edited by JEDCJT

Jed smiled as he continued walking down the path toward the entrance with Laurel, glancing down at her. Henry barked softly as he walked alongside them. They were nearing the entrance...

OOC: I forgot about Henry...again. >__> <__< >__>

OOC: Shame on you... :P

IC: They came up on the entrance, a grand, arched thing with ornately carved doors that appeared to be made of wood, though inside the wooden sheathe they were solid steel.

As the place was not officially open yet, there were only maybe half-a-dozen people in the lobby, besides themeselves, and at least two of those were employees.

They now had a choice in which direction to go...to the right, the sign announced monotheistic religions of Christianity, Judaism, Islam, and Sikhism, and beyond these exhibits, the library and book store.

To the left of the entrance, Eastern religions, such as Buddhism, Hinduism and Jainism, and straight ahead, they would find themselves learning of religions in other world regions, such as Voodoo, various tribal beliefs, and the Norse Religions.

"so...which way?" she asked her companion.

Edited by Subtleknifewielder

OOC: Shame on you... :P

IC: They came up on the entrance, a grand, arched thing with ornately carved doors that appeared to be made of wood, though inside the wooden sheathe they were solid steel.

As the place was not officially open yet, there were only maybe half-a-dozen people in the lobby, besides themeselves, and at least two of those were employees.

They now had a choice in which direction to go...to the right, the sign announced monotheistic religions of Christianity, Judaism, Islam, and Sikhism, and beyond these exhibits, the library and book store.

To the left of the entrance, Eastern religions, such as Buddhism, Hinduism and Jainism, and straight ahead, they would find themselves learning of religions in other world regions, such as Voodoo, various tribal beliefs, and the Norse Religions.

"so...which way?" she asked her companion.

Jed raised an eyebrow as he turned to Laurel, grinning. "Hm, I'd say...the right!" He winked. Henry barked softly a couple of times.

It would be near this time when a call was made to the government of Promised Land. A few words were spoken, and the small amount of information gleaned from the representative relayed back. Along with this was the offer of help, as well as a request to meet the brothers.

OOC: Uh, Sil, this is all taking place before I was attacked by Triyun... :blush: Sorry...

Jed raised an eyebrow as he turned to Laurel, grinning. "Hm, I'd say...the right!" He winked. Henry barked softly a couple of times.

"Looks like Henry agrees," she said, winking right back. They turned to the right, entering the archway that led to the exhibits in question. Each religion would have its own repectable-sized room, and a brief background in the center of the room would give a brief background of the origins of the religion, and around it, displaying artifacts and supposed relics (if applicable), and other exhibits detailing different branches within the larger belief system.

OOC: By that, I mean different sects or denominations (aka Catholicism, protetantism, and their sub-divisins for Christianity). Your choice on the room that they see first... :)

"Looks like Henry agrees," she said, winking right back. They turned to the right, entering the archway that led to the exhibits in question. Each religion would have its own repectable-sized room, and a brief background in the center of the room would give a brief background of the origins of the religion, and around it, displaying artifacts and supposed relics (if applicable), and other exhibits detailing different branches within the larger belief system.

OOC: By that, I mean different sects or denominations (aka Catholicism, protetantism, and their sub-divisins for Christianity). Your choice on the room that they see first... :)

OOC: Alright. :)

IC: Jed smiled as he and Laurel walked around the room, admiring the artifacts and the like. They stepped into the Catholicism exhibit, where there was lots of interesting information and history about the aforementioned religion. Scanning at the display, Jed turned to Laurel. "So, what do you think so far?" He asked, smiling.

OOC: Alright. :)

IC: Jed smiled as he and Laurel walked around the room, admiring the artifacts and the like. They stepped into the Catholicism exhibit, where there was lots of interesting information and history about the aforementioned religion. Scanning at the display, Jed turned to Laurel. "So, what do you think so far?" He asked, smiling.

"Well..." she said, staring at a display that explained just how, according to a Catholic, one was elevated to sainthood. It involved performing a miracle of some sort, but the catch was...you had to do it AFTER you died. Some people truly had wierd concepts. "I find it a bit strange. Weird, but at that same time, fascinating." She indicated the diplay in front of her as a prime example.