Chronicles of a deposed Leader

JEDCJT

Aaron would have a time prying the woman away from her book, but it might be...interesting to watch, to say the least.

She shrugged. "Well, not much to tell, really. I enlisted when the laws were passed that allowed women to do so, took the required time in ann army boot camp, so I'd at least know the basics of fighting in case we're ever boarded, and, well, here I am."

Jed raised an eyebrow as he smirked. "Boot camp? Gosh, I'd better watch my step here." He joked, winking. The former Prime Minister glanced to his side and almost suppressed a chuckle of laughter. Aaron was trying to flirt with the woman, without much success.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jed raised an eyebrow as he smirked. "Boot camp? Gosh, I'd better watch my step here." He joked, winking. The former Prime Minister glanced to his side and almost suppressed a chuckle of laughter. Aaron was trying to flirt with the woman, without much success.

She laughed, a high, almost tinkling sound. "Yeah, as I said, boot camp is a requirement. Doesn't matter what branch of the military you intend to join, you are at least required to know the basics."

She also looked over at Aaron's attempts at flirting. They were indeed having little success, because after every answer to any question or comment he made (and that answer was always as short as humanly possible, the crewwoman returned to the book.

She laughed, a high, almost tinkling sound. "Yeah, as I said, boot camp is a requirement. Doesn't matter what branch of the military you intend to join, you are at least required to know the basics."

She also looked over at Aaron's attempts at flirting. They were indeed having little success, because after every answer to any question or comment he made (and that answer was always as short as humanly possible, the crewwoman returned to the book.

Jed smirked and shook his head at his brother's attempt of flirting. "You've got to give him credit, though. He's a really determined person. No woman can resist his charm, really." He chuckled.

Jed smirked and shook his head at his brother's attempt of flirting. "You've got to give him credit, though. He's a really determined person. No woman can resist his charm, really." He chuckled.

"Oh, never use absolutes like that, honey," she said, throwing in the last word as a teasing note. "I know a few women who'd put him in his place..." She didn't add that she could, too, if she wished. That was implied.

"Oh, never use absolutes like that, honey," she said, throwing in the last word as a teasing note. "I know a few women who'd put him in his place..." She didn't add that she could, too, if she wished. That was implied.

"Hey, I'm just telling it like what it seems to me, darling." Jed smirked, adding the last word as a teasing note, too. He glanced at the table, and surely, Aaron was making some success.

(OOC: Want Henry to make an appearance in the next update? :P)

Edited by JEDCJT

"Hey, I'm just telling it like what it seems to me, darling." Jed smirked, adding the last word as a teasing note, too. He glanced at the table, and surely, Aaron was making some success.

(OOC: Want Henry to make an appearance in the next update? :P )

OOC: Sure.

IC: Oh, he was having some success at drawing her out, but not the kind he'd hoped for. She was getting more and more annoyed. Though perhaps if he asked about the book she was reading, it might be a little different...

Edited by Subtleknifewielder

OOC: Sure.

IC: Oh, he was having some success at drawing her out, but not the kind he'd hoped for. She was getting more and more annoyed. Though perhaps if he asked about the book she was reading, it might be a little different...

Finally, Aaron did get the hint, and asked her about the book he was reading.

Meanwhile, Jed smirked and shook his head. Locking eyes with Laurel, Jed smiled and opened his mouth to say something when something interrupted him.

Rather, it was a certain German Shepherd. Barking cheerfully, his tail wagging happily, Henry ran toward Jed, rubbing his head into his master's side. "Henry! How're ya, buddy?" Jed grinned as he petted the dog's head.

Turning to Laurel, Jed grinned. "Oh, I forgot to mention this. Laurel, this is my dog, Henry. Henry, this is my beautiful friend, Laurel." Henry tilted his head and barked cheerfully as if in 'approval'.

Finally, Aaron did get the hint, and asked her about the book he was reading.

Meanwhile, Jed smirked and shook his head. Locking eyes with Laurel, Jed smiled and opened his mouth to say something when something interrupted him.

Rather, it was a certain German Shepherd. Barking cheerfully, his tail wagging happily, Henry ran toward Jed, rubbing his head into his master's side. "Henry! How're ya, buddy?" Jed grinned as he petted the dog's head.

Turning to Laurel, Jed grinned. "Oh, I forgot to mention this. Laurel, this is my dog, Henry. Henry, this is my beautiful friend, Laurel." Henry tilted his head and barked cheerfully as if in 'approval'.

"Well, how do you do, Henry?" she asked, as she reached out a hand to pet him.

The other woman, less annoyed now that Aaron had asked about something she was interested in, was about to answer him when she heard the dog barking. She blinked when she saw Henry.

"What's a DOG doing on a naval ship?" she asked, evidently confused.

"Well, how do you do, Henry?" she asked, as she reached out a hand to pet him.

The other woman, less annoyed now that Aaron had asked about something she was interested in, was about to answer him when she heard the dog barking. She blinked when she saw Henry.

"What's a DOG doing on a naval ship?" she asked, evidently confused.

Henry barked cheerfully as he sniffed Laurel's hand. Jed grinned and was about to say something when he heard something. Turning to the side, he saw the woman who Aaron had been trying to flirt with. Knowing that Aaron would probably brag about it, Jed beat him to the chase. "It's my dog, ma'am." He replied, smiling.

The former Prime Minister smirked at Aaron's pouting expression.

Henry barked cheerfully as he sniffed Laurel's hand. Jed grinned and was about to say something when he heard something. Turning to the side, he saw the woman who Aaron had been trying to flirt with. Knowing that Aaron would probably brag about it, Jed beat him to the chase. "It's my dog, ma'am." He replied, smiling.

The former Prime Minister smirked at Aaron's pouting expression.

"Oh, But I still don't get it. Why is he here? Shouldn't he be in your quarters?"

At that moment, the captain entered. Every crew member stood to attention, until he said "as you were," at which point they returned to their seats.

The woman with whom Aaron had been trying to flirt with still stared at Jed, waitng for an answer. She got it in the form of the Captain.

"Sorry, but he slipped by me when I tried to leave your quarters. He'll need to be kept there most of the time anyway."

"Oh, But I still don't get it. Why is he here? Shouldn't he be in your quarters?"

At that moment, the captain entered. Every crew member stood to attention, until he said "as you were," at which point they returned to their seats.

The woman with whom Aaron had been trying to flirt with still stared at Jed, waitng for an answer. She got it in the form of the Captain.

"Sorry, but he slipped by me when I tried to leave your quarters. He'll need to be kept there most of the time anyway."

Jed chuckled. "Well...you heard the Captain. It seems that Henry's been sneaking out." He joked as he patted the dog's head. Henry barked softly as if in protest.

Turning to the Captain, Jed smiled. "Ah, I realize that. But could Henry remain with me, at least for a while?" Henry barked several times.

Jed chuckled. "Well...you heard the Captain. It seems that Henry's been sneaking out." He joked as he patted the dog's head. Henry barked softly as if in protest.

Turning to the Captain, Jed smiled. "Ah, I realize that. But could Henry remain with me, at least for a while?" Henry barked several times.

"I suppose, so long as he stays at your side the entire time. Well, have a nice day," he finished, leaving once again to pervform duties that went unspoken. They would be entering the port in about an hour.

Edited by Subtleknifewielder

"I suppose, so long as he stays at your side the entire time. Well, have a nice day," he finished, leaving once again to pervform duties that went unspoken. They would be entering the port in about an hour.

Jed smiled as Henry barked. "Thank you, sir."

Turning back to Laurel, Jed chuckled. "That was interesting, heh." He winked at her.

Jed smiled as Henry barked. "Thank you, sir."

Turning back to Laurel, Jed chuckled. "That was interesting, heh." He winked at her.

"Yes, very interesting," she agreed, with a wink of her own. She opened her mouth to say something else, but was interrupted by a piercing alarm.

"D***, not another drill," she grumbled, but she scrambled up noetheless. "Please go to your quarters and stay there 'till the all-clear is sounded," she said to Jed and Aaron. "And make sure Henry goes with you."

The woman Aaron had been trying to flirt with was already gone, from the moment the alarm sounded.

"Yes, very interesting," she agreed, with a wink of her own. She opened her mouth to say something else, but was interrupted by a piercing alarm.

"D***, not another drill," she grumbled, but she scrambled up noetheless. "Please go to your quarters and stay there 'till the all-clear is sounded," she said to Jed and Aaron. "And make sure Henry goes with you."

The woman Aaron had been trying to flirt with was already gone, from the moment the alarm sounded.

Both Jed and Aaron gave a startle as Henry yelped and scrambled to Jed's side. The former Prime Minister assuringly petted Henry's head.

Composing himself, Jed pouted a bit. "Aww, but I wanted to spend more time with you..." He winked at her. "But okay, we'll keep that in mind. It was great meeting with you, Laurel." He smiled as he stood up and held out his hand to shake her's.

Henry barked softly. The former Prime Minister turned to a pouting Aaron. "Hey, bro. Have any success with that woman?" He smirked, already knowing the answer. Aaron stuck his tongue out. "Shut up."

Edited by JEDCJT

Jed pouted a bit. "Aww, but I wanted to spend more time with you..." He winked at her. "But okay, we'll keep that in mind. It was great meeting with you, Laurel." He smiled as he stood up and held out his hand to shake her's.

Henry barked softly. The former Prime Minister turned to a pouting Aaron. "Hey, bro. Have any success with that woman?" He smirked, already knowing the answer. Aaron stuck his tongue out. "Shut up."

She smiled at him apologetically, not taking the hand. "Nice meeting you. Now, sorry, but I have to go." With that, she left as quickly as she could.

She smiled at him apologetically, not taking the hand. "Nice meeting you. Now, sorry, but I have to go." With that, she left as quickly as she could.

Jed raised an eyebrow. He shrugged, grinning.

"Heh, she didnt dig ya, bro." Aaron drawled as he put his arm around Jed's shoulder. "But still, ya did a good job there."

Jed rolled his eyes as he shook Aaron's arm off his shoulder. "Oh yeah, you surely did a good job getting that woman to open up to you." He said, sarcastically as he began to walk toward his quarters, Henry tagging alongside him.

"Hey!" Aaron protested as he followed his brother. "It's not my fault she was engrossed in that book!"

Jed raised an eyebrow. He shrugged, grinning.

"Heh, she didnt dig ya, bro." Aaron drawled as he put his arm around Jed's shoulder. "But still, ya did a good job there."

Jed rolled his eyes as he shook Aaron's arm off his shoulder. "Oh yeah, you surely did a good job getting that woman to open up to you." He said, sarcastically as he began to walk toward his quarters, Henry tagging alongside him.

"Hey!" Aaron protested as he followed his brother. "It's not my fault she was engrossed in that book!"

On their way back, they would see the occasional crewman flitting about doing whatever it was they were assigned to do, but none would stop to talk to them.

On their way back, they would see the occasional crewman flitting about doing whatever it was they were assigned to do, but none would stop to talk to them.

The Byzantine brothers didnt mind them any attention as they made their way to their respective quarters. Plopping down on his bed, Jed grinned as he patted Henry's head. Stretching out, the former Prime Minister dozed off to sleep to pass the time, Henry squatting down on the floor besides him.

Aaron, inside his room, took out a couple of magazines and began reading...

The Byzantine brothers didnt mind them any attention as they made their way to their respective quarters. Plopping down on his bed, Jed grinned as he patted Henry's head. Stretching out, the former Prime Minister dozed off to sleep to pass the time, Henry squatting down on the floor besides him.

Aaron, inside his room, took out a couple of magazines and began reading...

OOC: You know, I'm surpried Henry didn't react to the alarm. I DID say it was quite loud and piercing...

OOC: Hm, perhaps I can help ya out... ;)

Alright, see ya later.

IC: 15 minutes later, the all-clear was sounded. Indeed, it had been a drill. Laurel sought out the Captain. "Sir, permission to speak?"

"This isn't the Army, Ms Asire. As long as we're not in battle, you are free to address me whenever I am not actively giving an order."

"Yes sir! Anyway, sir, I wanted to know...where our guests are staying?" She colored just slightly, indicating it was not completely innocent interest. It probably also had something to do with addressing this concern to the Captain, whom she had always wished to impress with her professionalism.

He smiled knowingly. "They made that much of an impression, hmm?" She colored just a little more, nodding. "In that case, they are using my quarters."

Her eyes widened, and she turned to leave, only just remembering to salute and say, "Thank you, Captain!" before she marched off. By the time she reached the room in question, her face had returned to normal. She reached up and knocked, tentatively, pasting a bright smile on her face...

OOC: If you like, when this plays out we can fast forward to where you enter the harbor. And after that runs its course, perhaps this...

IC: 15 minutes later, the all-clear was sounded. Indeed, it had been a drill. Laurel sought out the Captain. "Sir, permission to speak?"

"This isn't the Army, Ms Asire. As long as we're not in battle, you are free to address me whenever I am not actively giving an order."

"Yes sir! Anyway, sir, I wanted to know...where our guests are staying?" She colored just slightly, indicating it was not completely innocent interest. It probably also had something to do with addressing this concern to the Captain, whom she had always wished to impress with her professionalism.

He smiled knowingly. "They made that much of an impression, hmm?" She colored just a little more, nodding. "In that case, they are using my quarters."

Her eyes widened, and she turned to leave, only just remembering to salute and say, "Thank you, Captain!" before she marched off. By the time she reached the room in question, her face had returned to normal. She reached up and knocked, tentatively, pasting a bright smile on her face...

OOC: If you like, when this plays out we can fast forward to where you enter the harbor. And after that runs its course, perhaps this...

OOC: I guess so, if ya want. :P

IC: At the sound of a knock on the door, Jed woke from his nap with a start. Henry raised his head from the floor and looked at his master with an 'curious' expression. Jed chuckled and patted the dog on the head as he got up. Stretching a bit, he walked over to the door and opened it.

His heart gave a flip as he saw who it was. It was Laurel. Jed grinned. "Hi Laurel."