Chronicles of a deposed Leader

JEDCJT

"Well..." she said, staring at a display that explained just how, according to a Catholic, one was elevated to sainthood. It involved performing a miracle of some sort, but the catch was...you had to do it AFTER you died. Some people truly had wierd concepts. "I find it a bit strange. Weird, but at that same time, fascinating." She indicated the diplay in front of her as a prime example.

Jed chuckled. "Yes, indeed. But it is interesting, nevertheless. Did you know the first Byzantine Empire served as the bastion of Christianity, shielding Europe from Islamic aggression?"

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jed chuckled. "Yes, indeed. But it is interesting, nevertheless. Did you know the first Byzantine Empire served as the bastion of Christianity, shielding Europe from Islamic aggression?"

"Actually, yes. but you can hardly blame them for trying to attack Europe. Those who wore the label Christians once sacked and burned the very homes of Jew and Muslim in Jerusalem." She knew her history, that was for sure. it had always fascinated her.

OOC: I'm pretty sure that despite your alternate history, the Crusades happened.

"Actually, yes. but you can hardly blame them for trying to attack Europe. Those who wore the label Christians once sacked and burned the very homes of Jew and Muslim in Jerusalem." She knew her history, that was for sure. it had always fascinated her.

OOC: I'm pretty sure that despite your alternate history, the Crusades happened.

Jed nodded. "Yes, that's true. But it is a fascinating part of history." History, too, fascinated him.

OOC: Yup, they are a part of my history. The period from 1453 to around 1910 are nearly identical to the RL timeline, ableit with some modifications. :P

Jed nodded. "Yes, that's true. But it is a fascinating part of history." History, too, fascinated him.

OOC: Yup, they are a part of my history. The period from 1453 to around 1910 are nearly identical to the RL timeline, ableit with some modifications. :P

The next exhibit, a smaller section than the one devoted to Catholicism, was about a curious little sect called Seventh-day Adventism. Several things truly marked this movement as unique.

First and foremost, their belief that the proper day of worship was not Sunday, but the Jewish Sabbath (that is, from sundown Friday to Sundown Saturday). Second, their belief that when a person died, they were not sent directly to heaven or hell, but rather 'slept' until the resurrection; this derived from their belief that a man or woman did not HAVE a soul, but WAS a soul. Third, the cultural diversity among believers. Last, but certainly not least, they were conscientious objectors when it came to taking any other human life. They would serve in non-combatant roles in the military if drafted, but would not pick up a weapon with an intent to use it.

There were other differences, but these were the ones emphasized as truly marking this movement as unique.

"Well, what do you t hink of THAT?" Laurel asked Jed...she found them very fascinating. most of the people she'd met belonging to this sect seemed friendly enough, and so she had looked up their beliefs once, out of curiosity.

Second, their belief that when a person died, they were not sent directly to heaven or hell, but rather 'slept' until the resurrection; this derived from their belief that a man or woman did not HAVE a soul, but WAS a soul.

OOC: This is incorrect. Jews do believe in heaven and that one's soul does go up there after the person dies. At the resurrection, one's soul will be sent back down to their body (how this works, is beyond me).

OOC: This is incorrect. Jews do believe in heaven and that one's soul does go up there after the person dies. At the resurrection, one's soul will be sent back down to their body (how this works, is beyond me).

OOC: Please read it again. It says what makes Seventh-day Adventism a unique movement among Christianity. I did not say the second belief was common with Judaism, only the first.

The next exhibit, a smaller section than the one devoted to Catholicism, was about a curious little sect called Seventh-day Adventism. Several things truly marked this movement as unique.

First and foremost, their belief that the proper day of worship was not Sunday, but the Jewish Sabbath (that is, from sundown Friday to Sundown Saturday). Second, their belief that when a person died, they were not sent directly to heaven or hell, but rather 'slept' until the resurrection; this derived from their belief that a man or woman did not HAVE a soul, but WAS a soul. Third, the cultural diversity among believers. Last, but certainly not least, they were conscientious objectors when it came to taking any other human life. They would serve in non-combatant roles in the military if drafted, but would not pick up a weapon with an intent to use it.

There were other differences, but these were the ones emphasized as truly marking this movement as unique.

"Well, what do you t hink of THAT?" Laurel asked Jed...she found them very fascinating. most of the people she'd met belonging to this sect seemed friendly enough, and so she had looked up their beliefs once, out of curiosity.

Jed grinned as he turned to Laurel. "I think it is pretty interesting. I learned something new today, heh." He joked, with a wink.

Jed grinned as he turned to Laurel. "I think it is pretty interesting. I learned something new today, heh." He joked, with a wink.

"What, you don't learn something new every day?" she said half-jokingly, smirking in a playful manner. She gently elbowed him as well.

Now, unless they wanted to stay in that room all day, they had three more options, other than going back. To the left of this room would be the exhibits on Islam, to the right, Judaism, and straight ahead, Sikhism (and the bookstore and library, of course)...

"What, you don't learn something new every day?" she said half-jokingly, smirking in a playful manner. She gently elbowed him as well.

Now, unless they wanted to stay in that room all day, they had three more options, other than going back. To the left of this room would be the exhibits on Islam, to the right, Judaism, and straight ahead, Sikhism (and the bookstore and library, of course)...

Jed raised an eyebrow as he smirked at Laurel. She was witty...that's what he loved about her. "Oh! You wound me, my fair lady." Jed drawled dramatically as he put his hand over his heart, his lips curling up into a playful smirk.

Putting his arm around her shoulders, Jed smiled. "So...where do you want to go next, milady?" He said in a light teasing tone.

Edited by JEDCJT

Jed raised an eyebrow as he smirked at Laurel. She was witty...that's what he loved about her. "Oh! You wound me, my fair lady." Jed drawled dramatically as he put his hand over his heart, his lips curling up into a playful smirk.

Putting his arm around her shoulders, Jed smiled. "So...where do you want to go next, milady?" He said in a light teasing tone.

OOC: Frankly, I'm not sure how long we can keep this up...

IC: She laughed at his antics, considering his question. "Well...to be honest, I'd like to see the library. I'm not a bookworm, per se, but I do want to at least see it..."

OOC: Frankly, I'm not sure how long we can keep this up...

IC: She laughed at his antics, considering his question. "Well...to be honest, I'd like to see the library. I'm not a bookworm, per se, but I do want to at least see it..."

OOC: Heh...theoretically, it can go on and on...and on. >:3

But I guess we can speed it up somewhat. ;)

IC: Jed began to laugh along with her. Laurel's laugh was contagious, so to say. "Well...I must admit, I'm a bit of a bookworm myself. Off to the library, we go!" He joked.

OOC: Heh...theoretically, it can go on and on...and on. >:3

But I guess we can speed it up somewhat. ;)

IC: Jed began to laugh along with her. Laurel's laugh was contagious, so to say. "Well...I must admit, I'm a bit of a bookworm myself. Off to the library, we go!" He joked.

OOC: So, should we skip ahead again? If so, got anything in mind before we go to the day I was attacked? Perhaps something Jed or Aaron does on their own. I could post the reactions of people around them for something like that, or simply offer narrative guiding for you...

Edited by Subtleknifewielder

OOC: So, should we skip ahead again? If so, got anything in mind before we go to the day I was attacked? Perhaps something Jed or Aaron does on their own. I could post the reactions of people around them for something like that, or simply offer narrative guiding for you...

OOC: Hmm...not anything I can think of. ;)

With that, let's skip ahead! :P

OOC: Hmm...not anything I can think of. ;)

With that, let's skip ahead! :P

OOC: OK...also, as fort the 'chapter' thing, I couldn't resist.

IC: Chapter 4: Nation under Seige

One week later

It was nearing dusk when the first indication of anything was amiss. First, lights all over the city flickered and died for about ten seconds, before coming back on when the backup energy plants went online. At this point, Many animals--dogs, cats, and other city-dwelling creatures--began acting rather strangely. they could sense something was wrong, but they had no idea what, or where to run to.

Barely a minute later, there was a rumble like a moderate-sized earthquake as the power plant was hit, obliterating it and the surrounding block, and causing immense damage even further out.

At The home of the Constantines, about half a mile from the blast, they would be awakened (if Henry hadn't already done so) by not only the rumbling, but the sound of the blast--and the alarms blaring all over the city...

OOC: OK...also, as fort the 'chapter' thing, I couldn't resist.

IC: Chapter 4: Nation under Seige

One week later

It was nearing dusk when the first indication of anything was amiss. First, lights all over the city flickered and died for about ten seconds, before coming back on when the backup energy plants went online. At this point, Many animals--dogs, cats, and other city-dwelling creatures--began acting rather strangely. they could sense something was wrong, but they had no idea what, or where to run to.

Barely a minute later, there was a rumble like a moderate-sized earthquake as the power plant was hit, obliterating it and the surrounding block, and causing immense damage even further out.

At The home of the Constantines, about half a mile from the blast, they would be awakened (if Henry hadn't already done so) by not only the rumbling, but the sound of the blast--and the alarms blaring all over the city...

OOC: Hehe... :D

IC: Both Jed and Aaron did awaken, indeed -- rather abruptly. As they were jolted awake by Henry's frenzied barkings and the blaring alarms, the room was shaking.

"Huh..? W-wha--" A sleepy Jed mumbled as he threw his sheets off him and got to his feet. Aaron, who was sleeping in a separate bed near him, got to his feet and ran to a nearby window as Jed tried to console a panicked Henry. "W-what's happening?!" Jed asked, now fully awake.

Aaron, who had peered out the window, turned around and shrugged. "Beats me, but it seems that something's happening..."

Edited by JEDCJT

OOC: Hehe... :D

IC: Both Jed and Aaron did awaken, indeed -- rather abruptly. As they were jolted awake by Henry's frenzied barkings and the blaring alarms, the room was shaking.

"Huh..? W-wha--" A sleepy Jed mumbled as he threw his sheets off him and got to his feet. Aaron, who was sleeping in a separate bed near him, got to his feet and ran to a nearby window as Jed tried to console a panicked Henry. "W-what's happening?!" Jed asked, now fully awake.

Aaron, who had peered out the window, turned around and shrugged. "Beats me, but it seems that something's happening..."

If they tried calling anyone on the phone, they'd find that what few lines were working would be overworked, meaning thatmore likely than not, they couldn't get through to anybody.

If Jed's mind was too panicked, he might be worried that something had happened to Laurel, unless he remembered that she was currently at sea.

A barely a minute after the blast, an army jeep would drive through the neighborhood, announcing over their speakers to everyone to not panic, and stay in their homes until the situation was under control. They would not be telling anyone what had happened yet, but imaginations might run wild if they heard the sirens of the responding emergency vehicles...

If they tried calling anyone on the phone, they'd find that what few lines were working would be overworked, meaning thatmore likely than not, they couldn't get through to anybody.

If Jed's mind was too panicked, he might be worried that something had happened to Laurel, unless he remembered that she was currently at sea.

A barely a minute after the blast, an army jeep would drive through the neighborhood, announcing over their speakers to everyone to not panic, and stay in their homes until the situation was under control. They would not be telling anyone what had happened yet, but imaginations might run wild if they heard the sirens of the responding emergency vehicles...

Jed was, indeed, worried about Laurel, but then he remembered that she was out at sea. But still, he prayed that she would be safe.

Barely had Aaron moved away from the window was a loudspeaker heard, presumably from a vehicle, telling everyone not to panic. Aaron turned to Jed, a perplexed expression on his face. "Somethin's definitely happening." Jed nodded in agreement as he continued to pet Henry.

Just as soon as the jeep had passed, someone else slipped silently into the neighborhood. The black-clad form was not officially there, but nevertheless, he would be paying a visit to the Constantines. He was armed with a variety of weapons...

Upon reaching his destination, he made short work of the lock. Even if Henry barked at this 'intruder,' unless the brothers actually saw him, they might think the dog was simply still nervous, or sensing their own nervousness...

OOC: Don;t worry...he won't kill anyone. That would spoil future RP's. :P

Just as soon as the jeep had passed, someone else slipped silently into the neighborhood. The black-clad form was not officially there, but nevertheless, he would be paying a visit to the Constantines. He was armed with a variety of weapons...

Upon reaching his destination, he made short work of the lock. Even if Henry barked at this 'intruder,' unless the brothers actually saw him, they might think the dog was simply still nervous, or sensing their own nervousness...

OOC: Don;t worry...he won't kill anyone. That would spoil future RP's. :P

OOC: ....I'll hold you to that. :P

IC: Henry, which had calmed down, began frantically barking again. Jed wrapped his arms around the dog and ruffed him in an attempt to calm him down again. But the brothers did see the door open...

OOC: SUSPENSE! :awesome:

OOC: ....I'll hold you to that. :P

IC: Henry, which had calmed down, began frantically barking again. Jed wrapped his arms around the dog and ruffed him in an attempt to calm him down again. But the brothers did see the door open...

OOC: SUSPENSE! :awesome:

The barking dog alerted the intruder to the precise location of the brothers, and he carefully pushed the door open into the room where they were, exposing only his gloved hand for the briefest of moments, then removed two weapons from his belt--tranquilizer guns about the size of pistols. At the last moment, he sprang from behind the door, one aimed at the dog, and the other at Aaron, and squeezed off the triggers before they could react...

The barking dog alerted the intruder to the precise location of the brothers, and he carefully pushed the door open into the room where they were, exposing only his gloved hand for the briefest of moments, then removed two weapons from his belt--tranquilizer guns about the size of pistols. At the last moment, he sprang from behind the door, one aimed at the dog, and the other at Aaron, and squeezed off the triggers before they could react...

OOC: So...tell me, who is the intruder and what does he want with the brothers? :unsure:

IC: Jed and Aaron did see the mysterious invader, but not before the man whipped out a tranquilizer gun and shot both Aaron and Henry. Jed gaped in shock as his brother and dog, still in his arms, crumpled down to the ground, knocked out. "Aaron! Henry!" Jed shouted, worry in and shock in his voice. He turned his head at the intruder. "W-what do you want...?" He inquired, fearfully.

Edited by JEDCJT

OOC: So...tell me, who is the intruder and what does he want with the brothers? :unsure:

IC: Jed and Aaron did see the mysterious invader, but not before they felt something sharp hit them on the neck. Their visions faded to black as the tranquilizer darts went into effect. Soon, the room were silent as Jed, Aaron, and Henry were on the floor, knocked out...

OOC: Uh, he only shot the dog and Aaron...he left Jed awake on purpose. :D

IC: Jed and Aaron did see the mysterious invader, but not before the man whipped out a tranquilizer gun and shot both Aaron and Henry. Jed gaped in shock as his brother and dog, still in his arms, crumpled down to the ground, knocked out. "Aaron! Henry!" Jed shouted, worry in and shock in his voice. He turned his head at the intruder. "W-what do you want...?" He inquired, fearfully.

The figure replaced the weapons at his belt and, crossing his arms over his chest, spoke. "Don't worry, they're only knocked out for a few hours. I'm not going to kill them. I just want to talk." At that, he removed his mask, revealing a face that would undoubtedly seem familiar to Jed. It should, as this was her brother, come to see what manner of man his sister had fallen in with...his expression was a blank stare as he stood there, waiting for Jed to speak again.

The figure replaced the weapons at his belt and, crossing his arms over his chest, spoke. "Don't worry, they're only knocked out for a few hours. I'm not going to kill them. I just want to talk." At that, he removed his mask, revealing a face that would undoubtedly seem familiar to Jed. It should, as this was her brother, come to see what manner of man his sister had fallen in with...his expression was a blank stare as he stood there, waiting for Jed to speak again.

Jed sighed in relief a bit, but he remained wary, cuddling the knocked-out Henry. The former Prime Minister surveyed the man, and there was a feeling of familiarity about him...Jed just couldn't put a finger on it. "Hm...what do you want to talk about?" Jed asked.

Edited by JEDCJT